What if....

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

What if you had to pony up for Gold to enter WvW…which would be refunded back to you if you gained a certain amount of WvW experience?

…say 5 gold to enter WvW. If you make enough WvW experience yo get that gold back…if not, then it’s gone.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Or you could not give special rewards to the winning servers forcing everybody to stack the winning servers.

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

NO, just no and no again and after that some more no! what if u are a scout that upgrades and sieges up keeps. u already spend a ton of gold without getting anything in return.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

We should start with what you are trying to achieve with your suggestion. I’m not sure what’s the whole point of this yet.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

The aim is clearly to have as many people afk in spawn as possible.

Duh.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Its obvious somebody is on stacked JQ and upset with queue times. Here is to hoping that the winning rewards are garbage and people transfer back to lesser populated servers to avoid the queue. By the way we have a queue for about an hour after reset on eb and our bl. Afer that no queue the rest of the week.

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Lol these suggestions are terrible and should be in the suggestion subforum anyway.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

What if....

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

My what if was aiming at the folks who go into WvW and do jack…I thought y’all would catch that…Sheesh so many haters.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

What if....

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Define “do jack”.

If they are doing something against ToC, report them. If not – what’s the problem?

What if....

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

Doing Jack = Not earning WxP.

Dang…I thought folks in this forum were smarter.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

What if....

in WvW

Yaro.3251

I’m not folks and I’m dumb, can admit that. So… ruins do not necessarily award wexp. As does not scouting/upgrading/refreshing siege. Not to mention that wexp IMO would be one of last things you’d think about as a merit of someone doing something “useful for server” on WvW. Chain-cap deals are one of examples.

What if....

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

I think I hit a nerve. Sorry dude…keep refreshing your server’s siege and capping ruins.

..Seriously, does anyone go into WvW to not earn WxP?

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

What if....

in WvW

Yaro.3251

I think I hit a nerve. Sorry dude…keep refreshing your server’s siege and capping ruins.

Do you play the game only to get better at it? Logic is strong (NOT) in this one, neither do stabs at others’ alleged playstyle anything to reinforce your point.

No, not everyone goes to WvW to get WEXP. Simply because WEXP makes sense only inside WvW, so what would be the entry point to start playing in WvW anyway? For me that was big incentive for as long as I didn’t have guard leech and applied fortitude. Now it is not at all, but I continue to play WvW. And btw I was playing heavily before WEXP was even introduced. Go figure…

P.S. Upgrading/refreshing siege/playing for ptt is as far from my incentives to play WvW as it can get.

What if....

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

Sorry. Still am wondering what if…

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Me.

I scout and avoid the karma train like the plague. Thankfully my server isn’t really into the karma train thing. It’s just too mindless, I’d rather work on improving my skills.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Like I said, people would idle in spawn until they could play again, so they don’t incur the penalty for not getting enough wxp before leaving.

It would significantly increase queue times.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Like I said, people would idle in spawn until they could play again, so they don’t incur the penalty for not getting enough wxp before leaving.

It would significantly increase queue times.

You cannot idle in the spawn too long as it is because you get kicked for being inactive.

What if....

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

First of all, Yaro and Forum community, please accept my apology for submitting a half baked thought into the forums.

After reading a couple of other posts regarding loot in WvW I started thinking about Risk versus reward. One way to increase the reward associated with playing WvW would be to increase the risk associated with playing it. Keeping in mind that perma-death is the ultimate risk (AND NO I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THAT)…there are other lesser degrees of risk that could be incorporated for WvW. My initial thought was just pony up some gold to get in.

Other thoughts of Risk:

1. You lose your inventory (non-bound items) when you die.
2. Repair costs increase
3. You lose WxP.

By incorporating a higher degree of risk, ANET could add a better drop rate (pre-cursers, Legendaries, etc).

…thoughts?

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

First of all, Yaro and Forum community, please accept my apology for submitting a half baked thought into the forums.

After reading a couple of other posts regarding loot in WvW I started thinking about Risk versus reward. One way to increase the reward associated with playing WvW would be to increase the risk associated with playing it. Keeping in mind that perma-death is the ultimate risk (AND NO I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THAT)…there are other lesser degrees of risk that could be incorporated for WvW. My initial thought was just pony up some gold to get in.

Other thoughts of Risk:

1. You lose your inventory (non-bound items) when you die.
2. Repair costs increase
3. You lose WxP.

By incorporating a higher degree of risk, ANET could add a better drop rate (pre-cursers, Legendaries, etc).

…thoughts?

My toughts are you should simply drop the subject.

p.s. WvW existed even before wxp was there (crazy i know) and to your suprise people played it back then too. Not for wxp.

What if....

in WvW

Sreoom.3690

p.s. WvW existed even before wxp was there (crazy i know) and to your suprise people played it back then too. Not for wxp.

Dude…your snarkiness is not needed. I played GW1 from the beginning and GW2 from the start as well.

I played WvW from the early days. It did not surprise me that some were attracted to the open world battle concept.

My Thread is not about WxP…it’s about Risk versus Gain. I personally believe WvW would be enhanced if both were adjusted accordingly.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

nice, you have to farm to enter and farm to get your entry fee back, do you think this is that’s what wvw players are looking for!

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Yea, charge gold or impose risks for people to enter a game mode that already lags in terms of reward to nearly every thing else you can do outside of sPvP.

Sounds like a solid way to keep WvW healthy. It’s not like it was repeated over and over that this was supposed to be a casual mode that anyone can enter.

What if....

in WvW

Yaro.3251

/tip the hat
There’s no need for a formal apology, but it is refreshing to see such attitude.

What your suggestions are still lacking though is consistency and logic. Namely, there’s still no problem statement. What are you trying to solve in the first place? That’s not clear. Your initial suggestion was looking like a way to limit the inflow of players to WvW while forcing increased activity of players who decide to accept the risk. Second one seem to be aimed more at increasing rewards but balancing them out by additional risk factor.

So again, what is the problem you are trying to solve?

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Dude…your snarkiness is not needed. I played GW1 from the beginning and GW2 from the start as well.

I played WvW from the early days. It did not surprise me that some were attracted to the open world battle concept.

My Thread is not about WxP…it’s about Risk versus Gain. I personally believe WvW would be enhanced if both were adjusted accordingly.

Im curious what does playing gw1 has to do with anything and why do you mention it? Does your ideas have more credibility because you played both gw1 and gw2?

You said:

You also said:
Doing Jack = Not earning WxP.
Dang…I thought folks in this forum were smarter.

After reading those two i really had good discipline check not to give you piece of my mind.
Not to mention that its obvious you have no clue why you are even proposing what you are, therefore again i strongly recommend to just drop it.

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Jaakko.4759

Jaakko.4759

I….I…. Ah…Omw…. Just. /facepalm. This is the list of top ten most idiotic suggestions.

Hiehot on kultaa. Hiehot on hopeaa. Hiehot on pronssia.

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Me.

I scout and avoid the karma train like the plague. Thankfully my server isn’t really into the karma train thing. It’s just too mindless, I’d rather work on improving my skills.

And me. Karma trains = cowards. There’s nothing that goes past a nice small group fight and some ninja-ing of towers/keeps with <5 people.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Problem is… zergs don’t take any risk. They run with 50+ and gain WXP by the thousands. Compared to that… a roamers, scout, siege refresher, siege builder, small team and so on can not gain as much WXP as the average mindless zergling. This would punish ‘good’ wvw players and reward farmers.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

What if....

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Thing is, it’s good that PvEers are coming to WvW. Some of them are learning and staying.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube