What if anet replace EB with eotm map?

in WvW

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

I think this would be the main theme of WvW overhaul. It would be nice because players can enjoy pve content in WVW now. (without map q on all of the borderland)

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

EotM map is as bad as the new desert BL’s for WvW.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: Enus.2781

Enus.2781

Except the EOTM map is actually played while the BL’s are not.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

And how do you know how many layers are open? Besides if you call this anonymous horde running after a tag without communication or discipline WvW you are wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I hope not.

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

“What if anet replace EB with eotm map?”
Well… They would solve the queue problem…
And CU and crowfall would get more preorders…

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

I mean there’s 8 servers per side of course it’s going to be active. If the bl’s had 8 servers per side it would seem active as well.

gfdafhbasdlf

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

no thanks, EoTM is a terrible map designed for people to hit doors and earn karma to use for…something or other.

Hell what they should try is replacing the bl’s with 3 slightly modified EB’s, that’d be lolworthy

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well if you want to kill WvW off entirely……………………

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

eotm was the first pve map they put into wvw and it fails in so many ways…. it has the same issues like lack of waypoints, the fact u can barely catch up with the coimmanders and also it only looks populated because its a mix of servers and people hate the new map more than eotm so they go there for their daily fix of zergbattles.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Akashi.3245

Akashi.3245

no to eotm replacing eb, i would simply quit. and a big NO to any PVE in a NON pve orientated game type. if you want to play pve content go play the pve maps, dont bring that into wvw. how about bringing pvp into pve maps, yeah?

Daxnas ~ Necromancer 6k + hrs | WvW Mithril | [Woe] [LATE]

(edited by Akashi.3245)

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Then i will have 25GB more free space on my hard drive.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Eotm is the best map for roaming though! Not really even though it’s not as bad as the new bls, it should never replace EBG… pls no cause everyone will leave and I will have no one to kill….

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

In my borderland we play EB a lot. There are zergs, roamera etc still fewer than old times but nobody wants to go new bl so hang out in eb

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I think this would be the main theme of WvW overhaul. It would be nice because players can enjoy pve content in WVW now. (without map q on all of the borderland)

This has to be a joke right? PVE players do not go WvW for the most part because they do not want to be attacked by other players.. While they are at it, why not just make WvW where players cannot attack you so PvE players will come in there?

Even more people will rage quit WvW and guild wars all together as have already over the maps. People hate the EoTM maps, they were quite vocal about this when EoTM came out as a testing ground for WvW in the first place. We constantly have a Q on EBG and none of the DBLS, we used to have Q’s on alpines and EBG at same time prior to HoT. Now we have a 90 man Q for EBG while they stand in LA waiting for it to pop because no one wants to run on DBL.

That would essentially put the nails in the coffin for WvW, as it is already losing too many players over the new maps and update as it is, if they have any hopes in them coming back, they would bring back old maps until they make MORE maps like EBG and put them in the game.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Faenar.8036

Faenar.8036

“What if anet replace EB with eotm map?”
Well… They would solve the queue problem…
And CU and crowfall would get more preorders…

^ This.
And in fact, this will happen even without this change. I have talked with some WvW (I mean normal WvW, NOT EotM) players and commanders on my server and many of them answered me exactly the same thing: “ANet finally did a killing blow to WvW, so Im just waiting until Camelot Unchained or Crowfall get at least into Beta-phase, then I will immediatelly pre-order it and then bye bye GW2, Hello CU/Crowfall”.

So their answers just strengthen my own thoughts that ANet already “succesfully” killed one of their game mode and also confirmed that my own solution to this problem is the right thing: Move to spend my money in another game where developers actually listen to their playerbase. And as I see in your post, this tendency to move to other games with developers listening to playerbase is even more spread across WvW community than I thought.

(Personally, I prefer Camelot Unchained)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Good way to get rid of the remaining wvw players. Stupid enough i think devs will read this idea and implement.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Good way to get rid of the remaining wvw players. Stupid enough i think devs will read this idea and implement.

They don’t read this forum though.

Now if someone were to suggest this on reddit, well then it could happen.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I do believe they read this. People ask for less pve and less eotm styled maps and what do we get? yep.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its realy not that bad of a map the problem with EotM is its OF system where ppl who are just there for loot can simply “run away” to a fresh EotM map.

Any way “What if” are realy bad question to ask and tend to be loaded questions. Best not to answer them becuse you do not know until it happens.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Personally I checked out the new desert BL map and its amazing, but players are correct in the fact that it is “too big” for the purpose it serves. To save it? I would suggest more WP’s. Some of them for teams (servers only), and perhaps some more dangerous by being open for all to use. No one want’s to spend most of their time trying to get to where the action is. WvW’ers want to fight!

I’m not sure why we have two maps other than something to do while waiting on player map que. If it was up to me I’d add a few more tweaks to the new map with a center capture point and bring in more of a EB set up and use just the one map.

Other than that someone needs to get off their kitten and get it done. We’ve waited long enough and broke and unfinished is not going to suffice….. However if you bring in gliding also…I’m pretty sure development will be cheered for it for months to come.

Also superior siege being moved to a vendor was a nice step in the right direction.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Posted by: Brazzi.2045

Brazzi.2045

My wvw evenings goes like this – take an spot in EB queue (most of the time it’s 60ish if commander on ts), play some spvp till im somewhere near end of the queue, after good hour get in to the map by the time commander hase tagged off or enemies so unmotivated so there is nothing to do, log off out of the game.

I used to hate EB ,but after they removed borders there’s nowhere else to go. Only thing that holds wvw players playing this game is EB , final nail for wvw would be more grate Anet’s ideas for this game tipe.

(edited by Brazzi.2045)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I do believe they read this. People ask for less pve and less eotm styled maps and what do we get? yep.

Haha. You’d really believe they want to get rid of WvW and it’s playerbase deliberately.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

“What game is this?
It’s a gw2 baby.
Whose gw2 is this?
It’s Anet’s.
Who’s Anet?
Anet’s dead baby,
Anet’s dead.”

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

EB change to EotM, hello barren WvW period. not many of my guildies in any guild will even go to EotM, yet they all do EBG. So, if you think EB is populated now with BLs not populated, that change would make all maps not populated. or at least with lower than usual pop size.

And remembering a conversation the other day while in EotM, people were complaining of low FPS due to the particle effects of the map.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

That’d be the worst thing they could ever do.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Already looks like the same people who made that terrible eotm map are involved in the new BL maps. Lets not make wvw even worse now. Better would be to get the old alpine maps back, the ones people actually enjoyed playing and made sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Replace EBG with EOTM and replace the 3 borderlands with 3 EBG, everyone will be happy!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Replace EBG with EOTM and replace the 3 borderlands with 3 EBG, everyone will be happy!

Or skip the EoTM part and just stick with 3 EBs.

No seriously, since desert border pretty much abandoned the idea of a home border due to the way the map is layed out, we might as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

No. If WvW players wanted to play on that horrible map, they would be there. They’re not- they’re in EBG. Don’t confuse the upleveled karma trainers who avoid fights with real lvl 80 WvW players geared in ascended armor and trinkets who actively seek them out.

in WvW

Posted by: Floplag.4032

Floplag.4032

Honestly, if they did this i would never step foot in WvW again.
Seriously we dont need multi-level tiered jumping puzzle style BS in WvW… We dont need NPCs and PvE content… we need maps and such that encourage fights between groups.