What is a good server to transfer to

in WvW

Posted by: Azlaphe.5178

Azlaphe.5178

Ok so i have been on Fort Aspenwood for a while my problem is . Its no fun anymore . Before u judge I dont mind to own and wreak other servers and have ppl everywhere anytime i can to join up wiht. But The server has been really populated for a while obver 9 months but. the past 4 or 5 months wvw has started to become really annoying i dont even want ot get on because were just dominating so hard and i want a challenge or somehthing to do . nto rlly fun when u own almost all 3 borderlands and like 70% of eb.

So my question to yall what is a lower League Server i can transfer to that still has a good community and a decent population but isnt owning everything. if that makes sense i would like to know and if u know of a guild on that server that is willing to let me in. I liek wvw alot and i do pve but mostly liek to wvw my only problem is that We just dominating so much it has become not fun anymore.-.-. Many thanks for advice

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Go to Vabbi. You probably won’t find a bigger challenge.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

Well i want a na server
I dont know my ping times to eu servers

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

I just want to know of a good not so populated nor dominating na wvw server

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

I assume you want an organized server, with people on its server wide comms, do you want easy guaranteed wins or do you want a challenge and a good fight?

in WvW

Posted by: XPGAMER.7324

XPGAMER.7324

My guild just transfered to Yak’s Bend and were loving it here. Generally beat other servers but we still face challenges from SBI and FA so it’s pretty exciting

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

i want challenges and to have fun but i dont want a crap server and i would like a guild or someone that plays XD kinda not go in a lone but it would be ok i suppose i just dont want a a crazy insanly populated server getting rlly tired of que times and dominating all the tiem

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

so if u know of that server and willing toplay with me if ur on it Send me a friend invite

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

I do skype and have raid call not to big on team speak but will ts more of skype person would rather raid call but more then teamspeak

in WvW

SpehssMehreen.5897

I would suggest Sanctum of rall then since it has the organization you want but it has a perpetual underdog matchup

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

are the que times good link im not going to get qued up and wait for liek a year -.-
sometimes its horrible and ill have all these que times for like queens dail eb bl sometimes all the bls are qued up -.-

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

well the problem im having is if im going to a higher up server its going to be black gate . I was wondering about hte lower servers in like bronze league lol whihc has a good community and hopefully better que times whith decent not overpopulated population.

in WvW

SpehssMehreen.5897

well the problem im having is if im going to a higher up server its going to be black gate . I was wondering about hte lower servers in like bronze league lol whihc has a good community and hopefully better que times whith decent not overpopulated population.

Sor does not have the Q times youre thinking, all of tier 1 actually has few Qs outside of Na prime and SEA prime, Sor is the one with the lowest quees due to its population, I thought you didnt wanna join a server thats already winning?

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

I dont want to join a server that is dominating though i dont want que times and i want a challenge not necessarily winning or loosing

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewRain.3169

AndrewRain.3169

Kaineng! our server just start snowballing becoming stable since mass exodus!, Our only challenge is to keep pushing and not fall to last place. We have a tight knit community now and its always a challenge for every reset as we are always outnumber and still manage to push forward.

[RAW] Raw Material
Commander Valcorain
What is Broken Can be Reforged.

in WvW

Posted by: iEuthanasia.2306

iEuthanasia.2306

So you want a challenge because you’re bored of dominating on the top ranked Silver League server so you want to join the top ranked Gold League server..?

I hate to crush your hopes and your dreams, but it’s much of the same thing unless you play during NA Prime time on most all US servers. That’s really the only time that servers are for the most part relatively even and provide a challenge. And the worst news, is that as you go up in Tiers, the queue for NA Prime does as well. It’s not uncommon to spend upwards of 2 hours in queue during peak times.

in WvW

SpehssMehreen.5897

So you want a challenge because you’re bored of dominating on the top ranked Silver League server so you want to join the top ranked Gold League server..?

I hate to crush your hopes and your dreams, but it’s much of the same thing unless you play during NA Prime time on most all US servers. That’s really the only time that servers are for the most part relatively even and provide a challenge. And the worst news, is that as you go up in Tiers, the queue for NA Prime does as well. It’s not uncommon to spend upwards of 2 hours in queue during peak times.

well Im not gunna fault someone who wants to play under certain circumstances, whether a winning side or not, many people are relatively casual for example and dont wanna play under certain conditions, so meh, thats life

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Kain, Yak’s Bend, Isle of Janthir. all good choices for what you’re looking for. take your pick. NSP is not bad either.

in WvW

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

E-bay has a good average mix. We also pull off miracles when the underdogs. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

You should wait and see how things look after leagues
some servers will rise others will fall, it is part of wvw

look a the servers you have faced and if you enjoyed the fights you had against them and the way they fight it might be give you a good idea of who you wish to transfer to

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: linck.5430

linck.5430

any1 know if at the end of season 1 ends the cost to move servers go down again?

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Don’t go to Blackgate, it is absolutely not what you want. Extremely long queue times, always dominating. Rather boring.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

I just want to know of a good not so populated nor dominating na wvw server

FC

in WvW

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Do not go to Blackgate (too full).

Wait a couple weeks if you consider SoR. They are in downward decline and you should not transfer until you know where they will land.

Ranger | Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Go to Vabbi. You probably won’t find a bigger challenge.

I’ll have to state that this is true. I have moved to vabbi just before the start of the season and I have never had a better time in WvW. You’re outmanned all the time and you have plenty of roaming (yes you have a lot of players from other servers running in small groups too).

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Come to Kaineng.

Send me a PM if you’re looking for an organized WvW guild, I’ll get you in contact with our guild leader, assuming you transferred there.

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

I recommend that you check FA’s matchup threads for the past couple of months, and find out which servers FA players don’t consider “terrible” or “bads”. that should narrow down your choices.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Darkhaven, for sure. We’ve been involved in the closest matchups in the world, and even got mentioned by Anet for one of our close matchups. On top of that, even though a lot of the time it’s close calls, we do usually win, as we’re currently 2nd in our league. The best thing about Darkhaven is coverage. For our ranking, we have amazing coverage, we’re a very well rounded server by bronze standards.

Also, we have a fairly large PvE playerbase so we’re in a better position for living world content than other non-populated servers. Darkhaven is well rounded and gives you everything you could need, IMO. I’m from Darkhaven but I assure you lol, everything I’ve said is true.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

You’re already on the best server there is.
Wait until the leagues are over (in two weeks). We’ll go back to facing T1/2 servers like we did pre season. We never dominated then.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I recommend that you check FA’s matchup threads for the past couple of months, and find out which servers FA players don’t consider “terrible” or “bads”. that should narrow down your choices.

-ken

If you listen to this guy, you’ll be staying on FA. I’d recommend you go to IOJ, so I can find ya and kill ya

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: possessed.2036

possessed.2036

Don’t xfer, its ruining the game for everyone.
Like to pay to win do you?

in WvW

Posted by: SaiKosis.4587

SaiKosis.4587

lol I am in HoD , have been since beta, and going to transfer out of it after this season is over. You can take my spot.

The whole server seems to have ADD. The problem with the lower pop servers is they are only going to do whatever happens to be shiny at the time. At this time it is WvW and only because of the season and achievements. And I can tell you that they most likely sandbagged to even be in bronze to begin with because we know we would have gotten murdered in silver.

If you do transfer to a bronze, keep in mind you will have a lot of difficulty getting the server to do anything other that what is new at that moment for living story or achievements. They cannot sustain any groups for anything else like Teq, or temples, and even other world bosses. And that is why I will be transferring out of bronze after the season is over. I would like to be able to not have an issue finding stuff to do other than the current shiny object Anet throws our way because it takes away from everything else.

in WvW

Posted by: miriya.8496

miriya.8496

I’d put in a third vote for Kaineng; we’ve been pretty steadily second place in our week-to-week match ups, at least, so we’re not getting completely steamrolled by everything, but definitely not dominating. Also it’s super-rare to queue anything but EB on reset night.

The only thing to keep in mind is that you mentioned you’re not a big fan of ts, and that’s where our primary voip contact is happening. :<

Hish Tulla | 80 Necro | [STYX]

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Tripsalot.1803

Sir Tripsalot.1803

Join Sf.
Our recruitment thread speaks for itself:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Dont-Delay-join-SF-today/first

Attached are our official recruitment image, and a guide to SF’s main wvw guilds.

Attachments:

Sorrow’s Furnace [SF] [mfya]
Mr Pocket Rocket~Charr~Guardian~Commander

(edited by Sir Tripsalot.1803)

in WvW

Posted by: roostergoblin.2801

roostergoblin.2801

FA = Fort Aspenwood, kitteng Awesome, and Full of A**holes. so that’s up to you

Fort Aspenwood
[XIII] Disciples of Catastrophe, [Flip] Black Market Lions
level 80 Thief (Vincent Nightshadow)

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

devonas rest we are consistently in 2nd or 3rd place with the first place server just smacking us yet if you join the servers main zerg you will have a blast they always get their objective and they do really really well in a skirmish

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

Thanks for all your post guys . I am still looking and trying to find the right server. Please post legit reasons not some bull kitten post thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: SargeantTwinkie.6537

SargeantTwinkie.6537

Come visit old Northern Shiverpeaks if you want a challenge…we somehow got into the silver bracket even though we get steamrolled every week…

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

lol well I do want a challenge but I dont want to be in a predicament leaving me saying now what. And i dont want to get steam rolled hard. Though geting stream rolled here and there isnt bad either honestly

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Worst time to transfer now. Wait a few weeks and see how the landscape is in normal matches. FA’s matches won’t be the same after leagues.

T1 balance was destroyed by leagues which will disrupt some t2 matches but T2/3 should still be getting a competitive set of matches. FA is basically Maguuma’s equal with power and coverage so that will always be an awesome match.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Azlaphe.5178

it is but i dont think it will be the same for me even aftr the matches reset and things get settled again u see and a lot of my friends move i think this would be the oportunity to go to a new server meet new ppl and kinda start over with it in a sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

So my question to yall what is a lower League Server i can transfer to that still has a good community and a decent population but isnt owning everything. if that makes sense i would like to know and if u know of a guild on that server that is willing to let me in. I liek wvw alot and i do pve but mostly liek to wvw my only problem is that We just dominating so much it has become not fun anymore.-.-. Many thanks for advice

Any of the Bronze League NA servers except the the top few (3 or so ) would probably give you what you are looking for. Just bear in mind that you may find yourself on a server that’s being dominated. Most of the time, there is still plenty to do and you can have a lot of fun with it if you aren’t going to worry about losing in points, but it can still be disheartening to have an huge enemy zerg show up on your borderlands or corner of the Eternal Battlegrounds and take whatever they want without being able to do anything about it and it can be disheartening to lose everything every night because your server doesn’t have overnight coverage. If you can live with that, then you can still have a lot of fun on the lower-tier Bronze servers because defending against huge numbers provides a lot of opportunity for kills and loot and having all of your stuff taken away provides a lot of opportunity to take stuff back.

I know Eredon Terracce would be happy to have more help because one of the other nice things about low-tier servers is that everyone matters. We have a variety of guilds and players with different play styles ranging from looking for 1v1 and small group open field fights, taking objectives (sometimes specializing on different maps), and even defending against servers that outnumber us and succeeding more often than our numbers suggest we should. One person can make a difference down here.

(I think you’re looking at higher tiers, but wanted to add this for others in the same boat or in case your mind isn’t set yet.)

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If you like the people at FA might want to hang until leagues are over (next week). Matchups should return to normal and I am sure some of the T2 servers who have been punching above their weight class with T1 will be happy to flog FA for a while.

If you want to try a new server, anything T4-T6 is a good choice IMO. Once the leagues are over, the fights in this region are some of the best in the game. The server I am on (BP) is pretty great with a nice dedicated WvW presence along with server TS and a welcoming attitude.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

lol well I do want a challenge but I dont want to be in a predicament leaving me saying now what. And i dont want to get steam rolled hard. Though geting stream rolled here and there isnt bad either honestly

The problem is that WvW doesn’t scale gradually. There is a fairly narrow range where there is an even challenge but any substantial number advantage either way produces a blow-out. So at almost any tier, you’ll get decent match-ups where at least two of the servers are competitive and even decent times during almost any match-up where differences in coverage patterns make various servers compatible, but if you aren’t on a reliably dominant server that’s always winning, that means you are going to be on one of the servers that they wind up dominating when put up against them and steamrollering is going to happen for at least some of the match-up.

The one nice thing about the lower tiers is that there is rarely 100% map coverage from any server, which means that there is almost always an opportunity for a small team to do something on one of the map. I’ve also seen some pretty epic successful defenses against impossible odds (e.g., the two other servers fighting us in the lord’s room of a keep) because one thing you’ll find at the bottom is that there aren’t a lot of mindless pick-up players looking to follow a zerg for points, so what’s left are fairly die-hard WvW players who are actually pretty good and can hit a zerging opponent pretty hard. Quite a few players who have transferred around comment that they think the individual skill level at the lower tiers is better than in the upper tiers.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace