What is the reason of removing crafting?

in WvW

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Q:

Why in the world did the developers decide to remove the crafting stations… Who agreed on this? I do NOT agree on the removal of the crafting stations. Out of all the things you seek to improve on WvW and you remove one of the major quality of life aspects from WvW . IT made for easier access when you’re first joining a Borderland. Can someone please logically explain this in this patch , i am lost and frustrated with the Developers right now.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

A:

They already stated that it was adding to the WvW population. This causes map queues, increased server transfer costs and offsets which servers are linked together.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

That’s just another forum post that doesn’t really answer my question.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

It’s another forum thread of the same topic in which everyone is already discussing in there. Also the the reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4qasyy/now_that_crafting_stations_got_removed_from_wvw/

There’s no developer answers.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

If a moderator can merge this

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Why you say? Since long ago, people have been complaining inconsiderate players using crafting stations during the peak hour of wvw, taking up slots while the people genuinely want to play wvw had to queue.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

That’s just another forum post that doesn’t really answer my question.

A Dev has posted there now to answer your question…

in WvW

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

People standing at crafting stations when there is a queue on a map is just stupid. Glad they are gone

Siren – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Crafting isnt WvW, hence removed.

Yes there are PvE players who us WvW to quickly go craft and item, or use their bank to deposit or withdraw an item, then can then leave WvW and be back where they were before, without the cost of using a waypoint.

You can see how this benefits a lot of PvE players, but they then increase the WvW activity of that server by coming to WvW, even though all they do is go there to craft or use the bank.

If you still have problems with this, buy an Airship Pass!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Crafting isnt WvW, hence removed.

Yes there are PvE players who us WvW to quickly go craft and item, or use their bank to deposit or withdraw an item, then can then leave WvW and be back where they were before, without the cost of using a waypoint.

You can see how this benefits a lot of PvE players, but they then increase the WvW activity of that server by coming to WvW, even though all they do is go there to craft or use the bank.

If you still have problems with this, buy an Airship Pass!

Then Anet needs better way of determining the WvW population, because I doubt there are really that many that take up “precious” queue spots on any server.
And the airship pass is worthless. It doesn’t really provide any benefit. Crafting in WvW let us return to the exact spot we were in, where as either of the gemstore passes port you to a different map with no way of returning to your original position (other than wasting money waypointing and time running back from that waypoint).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…