What the heck is going on with SoS?

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Who got void? Is GF headed out? What about the loathed (and oft feared) Bsty?

Kudos to the servers that land these powerful guilds. From the outside looking in:

ZoD always seemed a large and decently capable zerg guild.

GH especially several months ago was flat out dangerous at any size. Some good individual fighters in there as well.

Void is/was an impressive skill group that wipes zergs quite a bit bigger than themselves.

GF fields some of the best skirmish groups I have consistently fought against.

[GF] has been on TC since leagues started I think.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Makes sense. There seem to be some left on EBay but I have not seen them in force for quite some time nor have I seen their scary good players for a long time.

Wonder where EBay goes from here? They were a peak WvW skill based server for a long time but I guess those days are over at least for a while.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Makes sense. There seem to be some left on EBay but I have not seen them in force for quite some time nor have I seen their scary good players for a long time.

Wonder where EBay goes from here? They were a peak WvW skill based server for a long time but I guess those days are over at least for a while.

Probably drop down a tier with HoD/CD for more balanced match ups while IoJ Takes their spot with DB/BP.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: NotKalkz.1286

NotKalkz.1286

Probably drop down a tier with HoD/CD for more balanced match ups while IoJ Takes their spot with DB/BP.

That will be painful to both servers

Ehmry is no longer a T4 or a T5. maybe. T6
Ioj stands no chance against BP and DB. Actually BP is way bigger than DB, only thing that makes DB win is their super asians trains
We’re already tanking DB, If BP plays during the oceanic/SEA time with full force we’ll not only get the score close but we’ll easily win. but it takes a LOT of efforts and it burns our commanders

also for SoS
They’ve got GH – ZoD – One – Probably [SE] soon
so thats 3 queues during NA time, GG TC and FA :P

Kalkz

(edited by NotKalkz.1286)

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Lol this account name

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Ioj stands no chance against BP and DB. Actually BP is way bigger than DB, only thing that makes DB win is their super asians trains
We’re already tanking DB, If we play during the oceanic/SEA time with full force we’ll not only get the score close but we’ll easily win. but it takes a LOT of efforts and it burns our commanders

also for SoS

or 3 places to get bags

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Banzie.5248

We’re already tanking DB, If BP plays during the oceanic/SEA time with full force we’ll not only get the score close but we’ll easily win. but it takes a LOT of efforts and it burns our commanders

also for SoS

IoJ has night coverage— And From what I remember BP has a decent group as well, where as Ehmry had next to none. I think it’ll make for a better match up tbh. SEA they will obviously dominate still, but no longer the full Ocx time!

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

also for SoS

SE will not be moving from Yaks Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I just purchased my first commanders tag two nights ago and have been directing homeland security for FA’s borderland when I can. SoS presence has been relentless. Usually not overwhelmingly huge when I’ve been on, but enough that there can be no resting on our PTT laurels.

Great engagements so far. I hope my skills improve to help give you the challenge you came for . Welcome to T2!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

Hey now! Share the love!

At some point I’d like to face a server not running 60+ man blobs on every map.

There is nothing about SoR that makes them any different other than they are not currently on top of the three way stack fest that is T1.

except for refusing to buy guilds. which is the diametric opposite of jq and bg.

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Ioj stands no chance in T4. From what I heard from a friend in ioj, commanders let the enemy take their keeps so they can take it back.

As for T2 balance, SoS got 3 guilds that can basically que maps. I’ve fought them all and they are just blobs running around.

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

As for T2 balance, SoS got 3 guilds that can basically que maps. I’ve fought them all and they are just blobs running around.

If it makes SoS NA comparable to TC/FA NA then there is no issue. TC’s SEA population is out of whack but you don’t see anyone complaining about it.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Ioj stands no chance in T4. From what I heard from a friend in ioj, commanders let the enemy take their keeps so they can take it back.

As I haven’t been extremely active on IoJ the last month or so I cant speak for them, but when I left this was the exact opposite of what we did.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: AkioFallstar.5460

AkioFallstar.5460

I’ve not seen this at all – and since I’ve been on vacation I’ve been ingame a lot. In fact the general vibe that I get from my server has been one passionately against this kind of behaviour.

Kaede Varr
Writer at Chronicles of Tyria
The Covenant of the Mourn [TEAR] and Powertrip [POW]

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

kitten, no idea who your friend is, but he probably doesn’t play WvW much. IoJ commanders are very anti-karma train. There’s only been one commander ever who has purposely let enemies recap their keep, and he’s no longer on the server.

That said, I agree about T4. Don’t think we’d fare too well, and I still shudder remembering DB’s OCX/SEA.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The bulk of our transfers are here and we were still ticking +160ppt at one point during prime time.

Just four weeks ago our NA was being stomped by SBI and YB because our PuGmanders were out of town. We can compete and probably win in NA time now; but we still have to face TC’s superior numbers in SEA and EU.

Tier 2 is not resolved by a longshot (and we got to get some SEA to FA so they can keep up. They are good in EU and NA.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

kitten, no idea who your friend is, but he probably doesn’t play WvW much. IoJ commanders are very anti-karma train. There’s only been one commander ever who has purposely let enemies recap their keep, and he’s no longer on the server.

That said, I agree about T4. Don’t think we’d fare too well, and I still shudder remembering DB’s OCX/SEA.

Don’t worry, DB should be moving up relatively soon and it’ll be YB-BP-IoJ. You’ll probably still get kicked in the teeth by BP, but it won’t be the case where you wake up Saturday morning and are already 40k behind.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Hey now! Share the love!

At some point I’d like to face a server not running 60+ man blobs on every map.

There is nothing about SoR that makes them any different other than they are not currently on top of the three way stack fest that is T1.

except for refusing to buy guilds. which is the diametric opposite of jq and bg.

This is not strictly true.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro