Whats life like on the bad servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

I know t1 is pretty blobby and at times skill lag is out of control but at least theres always fights. I mean skill lag will eventually be fixed but can you fix the bottom servers? Are there even commanders on the t 7/8 servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

OMG trolly troll trolls – Off in the bad servers where the tumbleweeds roll and the twitchers and cannibals roam? Really if you have no idea about the lower tiers you need to come get a taste while transfers are free.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

(edited by Phlogus.2371)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

How about low tier server =/= bad server?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

because they are based on your performance in WvW? I mean if they were good wouldnt they be higher than tier 8?

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

because they are based on your performance in WvW? I mean if they were good wouldnt they be higher than tier 8?

It’s not based on performance, it’s based on population. I mean, if they had more numbers, wouldn’t they be higher than tier 8?

Of course there are commanders.

You can find videos of gameplay in low tiers and see for yourself. Here’s an example video of one of my server’s guilds from last Friday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmRZbIMJoeQ

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

I feel like this attitude is all over and it’s just so misplaced. There are absolutely commanders, there’s large scale fights, there’s drawn-out sieges, there’s roamers, there’s everything there is in larger population servers except the blobs aren’t as big or relied on as much.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The difference between a “good” and a “bad” server is almost entirely coverage.

So a bad “bad” server may only have a few dozen people online at midnight while a “good” server will still be packed full at that hour.

That’s the only difference. Anything said about skill, commander quality etc. is purely anecdotal.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Low Tier = Less Coverage/Numbers
Low Tier =/= Bad tactics, coordination, or player skill

In fact, when EotM first came out, we quickly learned that low tier guilds can kill high tier guilds, no problem. There is skill in every tier.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

this thread is what happens when you take a “skill” rating and measure population/coverage with it…

god help us.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Honestly, I like fighting the lower ranked servers better. Maybe because there’s just lower population density, but I tend to get a lot more good 1v1 fights against servers like ET and FC than pretty much anyone above them. I miss fighting you guys =(

in WvW

Posted by: sukilih.6913

sukilih.6913

I came from CD. The only diffrence from T1 vs T4 below is coverage, that it.
The skill is there…
I smell troll

Ron burgundy
TC- milk was a bad choice

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Are there even commanders on the t 7/8 servers?

No, we don’t have commanders. Basically we fight against sentries. The really skilled guilds can flip camps. Once I got inside a tower, it was wonderful! The gate, the supply hut. I can’t even tell how it was killing the lord!
There are few who claim to have been inside a keep, but I don’t really trust them.
We still don’t know what is inside SM. It’s way above our skill level At reset we have people from the 3 servers banging their heads against the castle gate, but nobody can damage it enough apparently… but we’ll get it, I promise!

EDIT: almost forgot! If we see enemies, we make sure to not make eye contact and we run for our lives. Usually after seeing an enemy we stay inside citadel for a good 20 minutes.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

(edited by Dawntree.7246)

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

No, we don’t have commanders. Basically we fight against sentries. The really skilled guilds can flip camps. Once I got inside a tower, it was wonderful! The gate, the supply hut. I can’t even tell how it was killing the lord!
There are few who claim to have been inside a keep, but I don’t really trust them.
We still don’t know what is inside SM. It’s way above our skill level At reset we have people from the 3 servers banging their heads against the castle gate, but nobody can damage it enough apparently… but we’ll get it, I promise!

Thank you for that. You win one internetz today.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Posted by: Helzy.4036

Helzy.4036

Not sure I don’t play on any T1 servers, so what is it like to be on a bad server ?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

If you go lower tiers server and drop superior ram other players think that you are god or something and start to worship you. It’s same than going back in time and and show what mobile phone can do. They think that there is small people inside.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

EDIT: almost forgot! If we see enemies, we make sure to not make eye contact and we run for our lives. Usually after seeing an enemy we stay inside citadel for a good 20 minutes.

awesome response ..laughed so hard at this

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

If you go lower tiers server and drop superior ram other players think that you are god or something and start to worship you. It’s same than going back in time and and show what mobile phone can do. They think that there is small people inside.

this one is pretty good too!

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

and this is why people don’t like TC anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

I played on Yak’s Bend during season 1 when the hype was still high, and after the season ended. People may claim that the servers aren’t dead, but when compared to t1/2 servers they are. It is all a matter of perspective. Most of the “zerg” fights aren’t map blobs, they are server blobs in 1 map. 2/4 Maps are normally empty.

So yes, relative to t1/2 lower tier servers are dead.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Actual screenshot in T4 server:

Attachments:

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

“Whats life like on the bad servers?”

Well let me tell you, blobs are everywhere, the lag is horrendous and the queues endless.
On the bright side, my “1” key is now stuck so all I have to do is click the icon & autoattack away.

O wait ..

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So, what’s life like being a bad player?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

I hear that they have fun on blackgate…..

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I mean skill lag will eventually be fixed…

The troll is real.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Low Tier =/= Bad tactics, coordination, or player skill

Yeah no, get some experience on both kinds of servers some time. The level of server-wide organisation dramatically drops as you descend the ladder. Also upscaled players and/or those without exotics/ascended gear are much more common the lower you go.

You will find organized hardcore guilds of equal capability on both ends of the ladder and all in between, but the upper servers simply got more of them, which leads to a raised overall player/zerg skill.

Atleast that was the case when I was still active last year.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

You will find organized hardcore guilds of equal capability on both ends of the ladder and all in between, but the upper servers simply got more of them, which leads to a raised overall player/zerg skill.

So, more people means higher tier. Got it.

in WvW

Jamais vu.5284

So, more people means higher tier. Got it.

This isn’t what I said or what entailed my post tho.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

This isn’t what I said or what entailed my post tho.

what?

the upper servers simply got more of them

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Waffler.1257

Jamais vu seems to believe that as you go up in tiers the number of skilled players/groups increases, but the number of unskilled players/groups remains constant. This is based on anecdotal evidence from a year ago that he believes is relevant. Apparently unskilled players never bandwagon on to high tier servers. Perfectly logical.

in WvW

Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu seems to believe that as you go up in tiers the number of skilled players/groups increases, but the number of unskilled players/groups remains constant. This is based on anecdotal evidence from a year ago that he believes is relevant. Apparently unskilled players never bandwagon on to high tier servers. Perfectly logical.

I like how you sarcastically postface your warped description of what I said, as if you subconsciously realized how “perfectly logical” your preceding analysis was.
I agree. “Perfectly logical” what you wrote there.

If you think I even remotely implied the upper tiers aren’t stacked to hell or that pop isn’t the most important factor you are insane. That’s a false dilemma.

I do not see how anyone can not rely exclusively on anecdotal evidence in this matter.

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Well I just transferred to T9 Euro server Vabbi to see how things are here. The WvW is pretty good actually but the PVE areas like Gendarran Fields Vigil quite are VERY empty. I only saw 1 other person next to the bank. Compare this to T1 Euro Server Seafarer’s Rest. At least 10 people near the bank area on the same map same time (I guested).

in WvW

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

I normally just roam alone and fight whoever I see while flipping camps. Sadly most the people I fight are upleveled and die almost instantly.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in WvW

Waffler.1257

I like how you sarcastically postface your warped description of what I said, as if you subconsciously realized how “perfectly logical” your preceding analysis was.
I agree. “Perfectly logical” what you wrote there.

If you think I even remotely implied the upper tiers aren’t stacked to hell or that pop isn’t the most important factor you are insane. That’s a false dilemma.

I do not see how anyone can not rely exclusively on anecdotal evidence in this matter.

Your words boyo, “raised overall player/zerg skill” implies a higher proportion of skilled players in higher tiers. Unless of course you are just terrible at math and had no idea what you were saying. Nothing sarcastic about my post either, maybe you’re terrible with the words too.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Well I just transferred to T9 Euro server Vabbi to see how things are here. The WvW is pretty good actually but the PVE areas like Gendarran Fields Vigil quite are VERY empty. I only saw 1 other person next to the bank. Compare this to T1 Euro Server Seafarer’s Rest. At least 10 people near the bank area on the same map same time (I guested).

Welcome to Vabbi.

If you transfer after your 1 week limit is up, we will forget your name.

If you stay, have fun!

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr