Whats the excuse now?

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

With the introduction of the new WvW map which eliminates the main reason why people dont completely transfer to a more populated server, whats the excuse players in the bronze, losing servers have to not transfer to a more populated server?

Should I keep enduring the player hemorrhage and join the leak or is Anet planning to do something about any time soon?! The rewards better not be really all that different at the end of the league, because if i see that a zerg-server gets enormous rewards just by sheer population and that I missed [given ANet skins and rewards history] probably the only chance to get really cool looking stuff (which is the main point of ‘rewards and advancement’ in this game) then I will have no choice but join the [boring] train and also jump servers, leaving my already devastated and desolated server to even worse ruins.

Anet, Im warning you, this is not healthy for anyone, either give us a “WvW home server” second server option or start merging servers, I love my server and guild but being the lone man vs a zerg of 50+ is not fun.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

join the top three = winning. No other servers matter to Anet it seems

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Fortus.6175

I understand that WvW is not supposed to be balanced, but the only reason i was able to deal with that was that; no matter how much of a loopsided fight was, they didnt really gain anything substantial. Fights were for fun, skirmishes would break out every now and then. Duels would not end up in stomping for points.

Now? You are introducing rewards as if it were an “sport”, but something that makes sports enjoyable is the equal footing principle. Nobody would watch a football game if the game was an 11 vs 99, where the team with 89 member each carried a ball per every 11 players.

Either they need to euqal out the footing per server , or equal out the rewards. And no, it isnt about “everyone is a winner”, it is because the moment you treat your costumers like crap and give them the scraps, they turn their backs on you and never look back at the failure of a “league match”. Plain and simple.

Legendary SoloQ

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I think that you are taking the wrong attitude to towards this new content. Form what I understand, the new map will work on an overflow system based on server colours. Which could mean that most of the time the map should be evenly populated for all colours and there for less population disparity between opponents, which sounds like the kind of environment that you are after.

I would suggest that instead of seeing a proposed release and thinking to your self how will this adversely effect you, you could consider what advantages this could give you.

(edited by Eggyokeo.9705)

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

With the introduction of the new WvW map which eliminates the main reason why people dont completely transfer to a more populated server, whats the excuse players in the bronze, losing servers have to not transfer to a more populated server?

Should I keep enduring the player hemorrhage and join the leak or is Anet planning to do something about any time soon?! The rewards better not be really all that different at the end of the league, because if i see that a zerg-server gets enormous rewards just by sheer population and that I missed [given ANet skins and rewards history] probably the only chance to get really cool looking stuff (which is the main point of ‘rewards and advancement’ in this game) then I will have no choice but join the [boring] train and also jump servers, leaving my already devastated and desolated server to even worse ruins.

Anet, Im warning you, this is not healthy for anyone, either give us a “WvW home server” second server option or start merging servers, I love my server and guild but being the lone man vs a zerg of 50+ is not fun.

It seems that half of your post was crying about “they better not get real cool rewards”. The server I’m on (NSP) is looking at coming in next to last, Do a lot of people care? No. We spent this season taking on populations much larger than ours and it has done nothing but make us better. You can either transfer servers or help your server get better – it’s up to you.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Fortus.6175

I think that you are taking the wrong attitude to towards this new content. Form what I understand, the new map will work on an overflow system based on server colours. Which could mean that most of the time the map should be evenly populated for all colours and there for less population disparity between opponents, which sounds like the kind of environment that you are after.

I would suggest that instead of seeing a proposed release and thinking to your self how will this adversely effect you, you could consider what advantages this could give you.

Once again, you didnt understand my point. This map was created, as you noted, to deal with queues. But her eis the thing; I havent had a single queue in nearly 10 months, except for a 3 minutes queue the first day of the league, and I wouldnt even count it tbh. What this map will do is without any questions; split playerbase on already desolated lands. Worst case scenario, the new map is completely empty after the initial rush to try it our wears off, since it adds nothing to the score of your server. Imagine beign paired agaisnt a server (HoD) who is allegedly on queue constantly. They would get to play the map AND have full servers doing their stuff on the main map. Meanwhile our server wouldnt even fill the first overflow, leaving subsequent overflow completely empty of our server.

No matter how you look at it, no matter how many sweetners you want to put on it, there is absolutely no other scenario for empty servers like mine but to suffer from even more empty maps, and loopsided matches. Seriously, if you cant understand that then you are probably in the wrong thread.

Legendary SoloQ

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Fortus.6175

It seems that half of your post was crying about “they better not get real cool rewards”. The server I’m on (NSP) is looking at coming in next to last, Do a lot of people care? No. We spent this season taking on populations much larger than ours and it has done nothing but make us better. You can either transfer servers or help your server get better – it’s up to you.

Actually, our server has rallied up a bit, we set up a server-wide TS, got all big guilds into it, we even use it as our main communication channel. It isnt that we arent organized, it isnt that we arent trying, it isnt that we need to give moral to the troops. When even the best of your efforts end up in outmanned EB and own BL, closed temples, closed dungeons, LA without overflow, yet a server with a “very high” population, you know that something i wrong. Also, please, your server is 15/24, we have been consistently 21-23/24 for the last 10 months, no matter how much you try, you will never understand how pitiful this is until you transfer here and suffer it on your own skin.

Sorry if I come out all pitiful and what-not, but it is really frustrating to see my server dying and not being able to do anything about it. Should I have to reduce myself to leaving my server, my guild, my pride, all for a chance for fairer fights? Why should anyone have to go through that sacrifice? Is it too much to ask to have some incentive for big guilds to move to our server? Like say; free tickets for guilds in big servers to move to lower servers, or rewards for getting underdog servers out of their misery and into high tier server? Is it too much to ask to try to make things fair, specially when a one-time thing is being given as reward as opposed of just doing it for pride and fun?!

Legendary SoloQ

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

your right i don’t understand, you are attack something that has not been released yet based on what you think will happen.

Maybe I’m wrong but i though the new maps where cross server? meaning that wen you long on to it you are fighting with all blue servers (what ever colour)

oh and making something bold does not make it correct

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Fortus.6175

ah w/e, I give up on the case, at this point I realize nothing will be done about it, I guess I now know what to do; join the hemorrage and tag along another zerg-fest top 3 server WvW for a chance of getting nice things. Yay.

Legendary SoloQ

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Fortus.6175

your right i don’t understand, you are attack something that has not been released yet based on what you think will happen.

Maybe I’m wrong but i though the new maps where cross server? meaning that wen you long on to it you are fighting with all blue servers (what ever colour)

Lets hope you are correct, sure, it isnt out, but if there is something I stopped taking pride of and started fearing is my ability to predict the success of a content, and I can tell you this; this map will not change a single thing for populations that did not fill their own maps already, which apparently is a really hard to understand concept to you -__- ….. Im sure once you think about the implications of it you will sure to give me the reason. Hint: outmanned in EB, new map wont add toward score, after the hype, the new map will do nothing good for servers which cant even get the outmanned out of EB. Peace out.

Legendary SoloQ

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

Actually when I first started playing WvW I remember getting blobbed all over by GoM but didn’t give up. I’m gonna be honest here – you don’t want big guilds to move to you. Those are the same guilds that have been server bouncing since day one. Keep developing your tactics using TS and you will find your WvW population start growing. I will guest over to GoM tomorrow to see if your PvE population is as bad as you say but my server doesn’t have over flows in L.A. , temples are on a scheduled day and we are out manned quite a bit in the mist.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Perhaps you play in a mildly or highly populated server in anything that isnt bronze, but as a guy playing on bronze, and on one of the lowest rated servers (below rank 20…US..) I can tell you this is hellish, to the point that I dont care what tags you or anybody else want to give to our fair complains. Server population IS a problem, a problem that plagues the already stomped servers.

My server is ranked among the highest populated servers in the game, in fact, as populated as Blackgate and TC on prime time, or so its says, yet, no temples open, dungeons, WvW population, people on maps, EVER, where are they?!, yes, Im in Gate of Madness, ranked 21/24 for the last few months, almost an entire year, which we got to be to rank 19. To add salt to the injury, because of this deceiving population threshold, transfering to our server costs also 1800. Why would anyone in their sane mind want to pay 1800 gems to transfer to a dead server?!*

And your new “toy” will only split up the already non-existent population in our server, JFYI, we sometimes have outmanned in EB at prime times…… in weekends. If those things arent an indicator of how bad it is, I seriously dont know what else is. Im tired, Im tired of it, I want solutions, WvW is probably one of the few things holding my interesting, but one-sided fights stop being fun after Anet also stomps us with juicy rewards which can only go to zerg-fest servers.

High is Light in GW2 lingo. Medium is Very Light. It’s like vanity sizing but for MMO companies.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Here’s the thing:

Right now when one server has a massive advantage over the other two, the two smaller just give up. Once EotM hits, they will just move to the Edge.

You’re going to have situation where Huge Server is ticking at +695 while the two smaller servers are happily playing in the Edge with even numbers since the cap of players on EotM is smaller than a normal map.

This update is going to crush overpopulated, stacked server because their playerbase will have literally nothing to do besides sit on the 4 regular maps with no opponents in sight.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

How many ppl in LA in your server ? im curious … i may guest there sometime

BG

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

They should have made EOTM Cross Server. as in the teams are no longer based on three servers fighting it out, but instead are based on 3 Factions fighting it out. Each Faction is made up of multiple Servers.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

but but.. you only get to enter edge of the mist if you are queued right ?

so no queue no edge of the mist, right ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Also, please, your server is 15/24, we have been consistently 21-23/24 for the last 10 months, no matter how much you try, you will never understand how pitiful this is until you transfer here and suffer it on your own skin.

NSP may be 15/24 but it entered silver league as the very bottom server. We have been enormously outmanned for all of the past 6 weeks. In fact, looking at the league rankings, GoM is right in the middle of the pack. So it’s not in as sorry a shape as you may think. In fact, you are winning your matchup at this very moment.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

temples are on a scheduled day

Temples are every day on NSP.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

but but.. you only get to enter edge of the mist if you are queued right ?

so no queue no edge of the mist, right ?

No, they said you will be able to enter EotM from the same drop down menu that you can enter any WvW map, or even Obsidium Sanctum.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The problem with EotM is that it solves one issue (queues) but does nothing to balance populations.

Think of queues as a metric of players who indicate that they want to have fun but can’t. This goes against Anet’s design philosophy. Sure, you CAN do something else while waiting for the que to pop, but it’s not what you REALLY want to do.

The Population Balance CDI shows that Anet doesn’t want to do any heavy handed fix for population imbalance (map caps). They’d rather look at transfer fees and changing the scoring so players don’t get demoralized and stop playing for the week.

It’s tougher to measure the amount of players in a blowout match that would like to have fun in WvW but choose NOT to enter because it isn’t fun. Most of the players have been in situations where you enter a map and you have half or less the numbers of the enemy.

Until Anet finds a way for 10 to beat 80 or where skill matters more than population and coverage, the lower population servers will continue to have a WvW that isn’t fun, which also violates their design philosophy, but it’s too difficult for them to measure this.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

ah w/e, I give up on the case, at this point I realize nothing will be done about it, I guess I now know what to do; join the hemorrage and tag along another zerg-fest top 3 server WvW for a chance of getting nice things. Yay.

Maybe if you didnt give up on things 6 hours after you start something you will have better results?

Screw the top 3. TC forever! T1.5 forever

TC beat SOR. You are officially T1.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

i know what ANET is planning.

a ninja patch that reduce the map cap by 50%.

can’t wait for that….

This was asked early on when they first released the information. Was the intent to put the overflow in place so they could reduce the number of people on the map. Not only did they say no, they went on to say they wanted to increase the number of people on a map.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I don’t know what all this talk about populations is about, there is no NA server that does not have the population to fill WvW queues, people in those select servers simply don’t play. Anet can’t FORCE those communities to like and play WvW. If WvW is important to you and not your server. You are in the wrong server. Transfer to one that better meets your interests.

I mean really what do you expect Anet to do? Even if you move people into servers to the point that all are “Very High” you can’t make them play WvW.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

OP- Get over the QQ. We are your competition right now and you are doing fine. You can’t control the server population. You can’t control the game design. You can influence your community. Engage the people on your server. Build them up, set the bitter tears aside and impact what you can actually change.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

World pvp always snowballs to one side or the other, this is old news.

This game wants huge massive trains of pvers getting unlocks on empty keeps for its game play. This is called “Seasons”, they think this and 24 hour coverage is what world pvp is about.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Because the queues aren’t the only reason to vacate top tier servers. Some players simply don’t want to play on maps with 100 players blobbing up and running around. I enjoy the mid tier fights much more than I did the top tier ones but I prefer to skirmish/solo much of the time.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Maybe if you didnt give up on things 6 hours after you start something you will have better results?

Nope still T1.5

It’s easy to see JQ and BG still much stronger.

All is vain.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

The problem is not just population. It’s coverage. Servers that have guilds playing during the night will always win against servers that don’t.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

hes sayng that only the high pop servers will benefit most from the new map because low pop servers wont have ppl playing togeather because there will be 5 maps and barley anyone on each map. Now idk if low tier servers will even get to visit new map if it is overflow only based.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

eithinan.9841

Nope still T1.5

final league placements will be
1.BG
2.JQ
3.TC
4.SOR

T1 is servers rank 1-3. TC is rank 3. thus TC=T1

disclaimer I know there are no tiers…but there are so many tears.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Here’s the thing:

Right now when one server has a massive advantage over the other two, the two smaller just give up. Once EotM hits, they will just move to the Edge.

You’re going to have situation where Huge Server is ticking at +695 while the two smaller servers are happily playing in the Edge with even numbers since the cap of players on EotM is smaller than a normal map.

This update is going to crush overpopulated, stacked server because their playerbase will have literally nothing to do besides sit on the 4 regular maps with no opponents in sight.

Good point, I can actually see this happening. In fact, I’m willing to bet this is exactly what’s going to happen.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Nope still T1.5

1.BG
2.JQ
3.TC
4.SOR

i predicted TC 3rd place finish at the beginning of the season but it doesn’t mean TC > SoR , it just means TC got some easier matches than SoR.

All is vain.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

eithinan.9841

Nope still T1.5

1.BG
2.JQ
3.TC
4.SOR

i predicted TC 3rd place finish at the beginning of the season but it doesn’t mean TC > SoR , it just means TC got some easier matches than SoR.

ummmm… before seasons and up to the monday of week 2 everyone thought BG was the weak one.

read all this.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/10-18-JQ-SoR-BG-Gold-League-Round-1/first

read the first few pages and see how BG was looked at.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/10-25-SoR-BG-TC-Gold-League-Round-2/first

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Anet will merge some servers eventually. Patience is a virtue.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I get what the OP is saying. Queues and lags were reasons that encouraged population distribution.
The current situation is improving a lot. With JQ and SoR finding disappointment in the season; many of their guilds are branching out. This is leaving BG with a less satisfying experience and they will begin to explore options.

Now we have EotM; creating even fewer reasons for population distribution; along with the hovering threat of a season 2 (and a possible revisit of the chaos the first one has wrought).

The simple truth about population shifts, is that no one transfers when they are winning. There has to be a catalyst or some sort of impetus. A dissatisfied guild will stay on a winning server, biting their tongues. The second there is a problem (long queues, lag, shift in fortunes) they will move.
If ANET keeps removing negatives of stacking; they won’t move; and people will continue playing while dissatisfied and will eventually quit.

Lastly, one has to wonder if encouraging stacking is really the best use of limited development resources.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Chris.3290

Nope still T1.5

1.BG
2.JQ
3.TC
4.SOR

I hate to diminish TC’s accomplishment in anyway (or give a sop to SoR) but it is true. SoR was the only server that didn’t have a match against SoS and Mag. TC and JQ got 2 each, and even BG got one.
SoR got doubleteamed against BG and SoS (on the heels of ZDs’s arrival and SoR’s public meltdown), and later got focused by JQ when they were down; which allowed TC to take 2nd that match.

That being said, SoR is a shadow of itself these days. If the first post-season match was TC-SoR-SoS, the resolution would be in doubt.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

My server is ranked among the highest populated servers in the game, in fact, as populated as Blackgate and TC on prime time, or so its says, yet, no temples open, dungeons, WvW population, people on maps, EVER, where are they?!, yes, Im in Gate of Madness, ranked 21/24 for the last few months, almost an entire year, which we got to be to rank 19. To add salt to the injury, because of this deceiving population threshold, transfering to our server costs also 1800. Why would anyone in their sane mind want to pay 1800 gems to transfer to a dead server?!*

This is something I still don’t understand. My server is almost dead last ranked. Yet we are considered a high population server. Where the heck is this population. Temples are never open. Big events never get completed. Our lions arch is a ghost town compared to other servers I have guested to and our wvw is a joke. Where is everybody. Either anet is skewing the numbers on purpose to help with money from gem sales. Or they are taking into account everybody who ever joined our server and quit the game completely.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Here’s the thing:

one can hope.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

This is something I still don’t understand. My server is almost dead last ranked. Yet we are considered a high population server. Where the heck is this population. Temples are never open. Big events never get completed. Our lions arch is a ghost town compared to other servers I have guested to and our wvw is a joke. Where is everybody. Either anet is skewing the numbers on purpose to help with money from gem sales. Or they are taking into account everybody who ever joined our server and quit the game completely.

or they are guesting like you do. Its always a possibility that you have large group of people who call GoM home but are never there.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Maybe if you didn’t give up on things 6 hours after you start something you will have better results?

Nominated for Quote of the day

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

I didn’t read every post so sorry if this has been said but the new map does not effect the WvW score its just something to play while you wait or choose to play on it. I think the map is going to be testing grounds of sorts for new ideas that might make there way into WvW.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I didn’t read every post so sorry if this has been said but the new map does not effect the WvW score its just something to play while you wait or choose to play on it. I think the map is going to be testing grounds of sorts for new ideas that might make there way into WvW.

It effects WvW population. No que = less dispersed population among servers. This is guaranteed.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

It effects WvW population. No que = less dispersed population among servers. This is guaranteed.

But if its not helping the world score and if people are glad to play there and have no effect on the match-up then what harm is it? No matter what happens people will always stack servers or what ever server they think will win. WvW will never be fair and its the players who look for the easy win that caused it new map or not.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Vizunah square atm is overstacked. If it would hold this way for many months (without knowing a solution was in the make), it might have destacked them a bit. They have tons of queues now. however the Obsidian sanctum update already proved (no speculation on EoTM needed), that new maps is the solution for the vizunah to keep interest in their own server. They camp the puzzle with 50-80 in primetime. With EoTM it will only confirm their server choice. Tbh it’s very tempting just to transfer to vizu, steal on of their queue spots until the server finally gets stable (for other servers to fight).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

You americans clearly don’t know vizunah square.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Chris.3290

Eu typically had a flatter playing field across servers than NA (at least before the season nonsense started).

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

no we have blackgate. Same thing different region.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’m sure they do count everyone who is a member of your server even if they haven’t played in 10 months. They can’t tell who has “quit”. There’s no subscription so they can’t kick anyone off a server.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

bloodletting wolf.2837

I just got back from guesting to GoM. Your statements about your player population are exaggerated. L.A. wasn’t any where near dead and the champ trains where running strong.

Whats the excuse now?

in WvW

eithinan.9841

Nope still T1.5

1.BG
2.JQ
3.TC
4.SOR

That being said, SoR is a shadow of itself these days. If the first post-season match was TC-SoR-SoS, the resolution would be in doubt.

SOR is T2, QED…