When are the BL Keep WP's going to be fixed?

in WvW

Posted by: Tyeme.6589

Tyeme.6589

It’s pretty much impossible to respond to attacks on your own lower BL when the WP’s in Fire and Air Keeps are unusable to the owners of the BL. Is this now a permanent feature?

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

PR online. Gemstore online. Thread ignore mode, online. All systems nominal.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

This is a feature, the waypoints on the east/west keeps on your home bl cannot be used by the home server… on their home map…it appears automatically for the enemy servers when they cap it and they can use it freely. But if the home team captures it, the waypoint will stay contested and thus unusable.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Oddly the system might work well on the old Alpine maps but on the new maps responding takes far too long and reinforcements are too far away so few bother to defend.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Well with the amount of dolyaks it takes now to upgrade, 20/40/80, defending on the bl will be a lot harder with the increased time it takes.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Is this now a permanent feature?

Yes. You can only use the free waypoint at your “spawn keep”. For example, if you are red, your spawn keeps are red garrison, red ebg keep, blue lava keep, and green air keep. For any other keep you need a guild to claim it and someone who can add an emergency waypoint.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

The problem is that they are never open on your homeborder at all, EVER: But if we take any keep in the other borderlands they are instantly open when the keeps goes uncontested. It makes no sense what so ever.

First i thought it was the thing about emergency waypoints, but now when i see how those works, they are not even related to the always contested waypoints, since when you add the emergency, and new waypoint open for 30 sec.

Up until now we have got absolutely no explanations to why they are like they are. There are no sense to have it like that. Why should enemies have instant working waypoints on enemieborders but never any working waypoint on their own homeborder except for the rampart, which you can keep contested forever, due to a glitch that some players are abusing.

in WvW

Posted by: primatos.5413

primatos.5413

The only reason for changing the way waypoints work is to force players into grinding the emergency waypoint guild upgrade. Even if they do only work for 30 sec.

Lügen-Anet Anet-Lügen

in WvW

Posted by: Mypinkbunny.4513

Mypinkbunny.4513

Having the waypoint there when you cap a keep takes the fun away from paper a keep and breaking the wp in the old maps. They need to be on t3 upgrade for a keep and anyone to use. It should be a reward not handed to you on plate. I want to see us be able to use fire and air in our bl if we can get it to t3. And lets go back to other server having south towers on reset not the keeps please

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Forcing guilds to grind pve for emergency wp is about as lame as the “buy now and get a second one free…just pay processing and handling” gig in which p&h costs as much as the item itself.
Unusable wp’s in your own HOME bl is about as stupid an idea as I have ever heard. Totally asinine. And then when they fixed a so-called “bug” in which you have a few second window to portal in between defense events so you could never use it…just blows my mind in what they do and what they don’t do.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

The point is, I fear, we don’t have a home Borderlands any more. Each team now has a spawn and a WP in their third in each map. I think Anet thought this would cause more fights as people fought three ways over each map. Not sure it’s worked out like that though.

Here’s a previous discussion: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Borderland-WP

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

Agree with Yuffi
What is the point of home BL now?
Why not just condense it to two maps.

in WvW

Posted by: primatos.5413

primatos.5413

Communicating the acting split over 3 maps is quite complicated .. people at TS mostly gather in different channels for the different Borderlands… also switching maps sometimes leads to queues than a zerg which was called for help may get splitted up and so on …

I don´t like the new waypoint system because our home map doesn´t feel like “home” anymore :P

Lügen-Anet Anet-Lügen

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Yes. You can only use the free waypoint at your “spawn keep”. For example, if you are red, your spawn keeps are red garrison, red ebg keep, blue lava keep, and green air keep. For any other keep you need a guild to claim it and someone who can add an emergency waypoint.

Who thought this was a good idea? Count me in the group that would like the Way Points to go back to like we had them for 3 years- only pop up in tier 3 keeps, usable by whomever owns the keep. This was the reason for SO MANY fights in the WvW of the past. Now we don’t have that reason any more.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Who thought this was a good idea? Count me in the group that would like the Way Points to go back to like we had them for 3 years- only pop up in tier 3 keeps, usable by whomever owns the keep. This was the reason for SO MANY fights in the WvW of the past. Now we don’t have that reason any more.

I can’t answer that question. I can only say it appears the thinking behind it has to do with offense/defense balance. I see the logic of it, especially since you get the waypoint for free without having to invest time and energy into upgrading to a waypoint. I agree that the previous way was much less confusing for players. It seems though that this is just a rule change to get used to and if this had been in the game since the start it would not seem so odd.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

For me the new WP system represents a fundamental shift in WvW thinking. Imagine three borderlands defenders: before they would be on the same map and could support each other easily in response to an attack (calling in reinforcements if necessary). The chances are these three defenders would be spread across the map but still able to reach any destination easily within a short time.

Under the new system to protect the same amount of territory the same three defenders would be one per borderlands. So there is only one person on each map to respond to a threat, and even if they call on the other two for support (this would be via guild chat I guess since map chat is not cross-map – hope they’re all in the same guild then!) even if the other two defenders respond they now face a run the length of the Borderlands they map into. All this means there is more time from “Help!” to help arriving.

If you add to this the fact that most people on a map like to have some company, even if it’s only in the map chat window, then you have three solitary players where once you had three colleagues. This, along with the fundamental shift away from having a “home” area means that WvW has changed and we players have to try to adjust our world view to match. The problem for me is that while I’m sure it was made with good intentions, I’m not convinced this change has been fully understood by Anet or that it has made for better play.

in WvW

Akkeros.1675

Similar to the post above.
How does one even form a community on the new maps?
If you defended home bl you all defended on a single map and took pride because the bl had YOUR NAME on it. You got to know the people over time, became familiar, and could somewhat coordinate sides of the map to take care of when needed.
Without WP’s to move around the terribly designed home bl maps everyone gets split (if they even bother to go to the home or enemy bl’s) thus everyone clumps up into a giant clusterkitten on ebg with no real since of community there other than what is spammed on /m or /t
Without the community, what keeps people there? the reward for winning each week? the crap dropped from bags or lords? more unusable hero points?

(edited by Akkeros.1675)