When is it right to interrupt a duel?

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I think many of us who frequent WvW would have come across duels happening around the map.

Many duelers will say no interrupting because it is not an honorable thing to do.

But…they are enemies!

what are the situations when you will consider interrupting a duel?

Usually I will interrupt if:

1) they are dueling alone and the enemy is low life then I will help to burst and kill the enemy.

Usually I won’t interrupt if:

1) there are other enemies watching who might attack me if I interrupt.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

One should generally not interupt, when you see just 1 fightign against 1 and theres NO ONE ELSE in the near, especially not, when you are from a different world and both are practically your enemies.

WvW is missing something like a general Codex of Honor, that everyone follows

Including stuff like:

• Don’t laugh when you kill someone (especially when it was no great thing, because you just overwhelmed someone in a group!!)
  • Don’t jump idiotically like a brainless little kid on someones dead body, thats just shameful and disrespectful and just showes everybody your bad attitude and how childish you are
  • Bow to an defeated enemy as sign of tolerance that he/she tried his/her best to defeat you and lost, when possible and in general in duels where you have the time for that definetely
  • Don’t finish off people you duel, you finish enemies only in normal combat situations!
  • Don’t Kill Steal (like the above described situaztion, when you see a duel between both your enemies) This is just total honorless to abuse such a situation for an easy kill(s) from weakened enemies
  • If you want to watch duels, use as sign of a WHITE FLAG a TOY, like a balloon, the flying carpet ect. that disables for you to accidently attack someone to prevent any possible escalations right from the start
  • Don’t Gank Solo Players, that stand absolutely no chance against you for a lousy single kill as Group/Zerg, unless they do something harmful against your world, like claiming a camp. Its just frustrating and laughable, when a whole zerg chases after you in their sheer kill lust, just so that a few of them can get 1 single kill and maybe a few Wexp.
    If you want meaningful and honorful combats, then fight agaisnt people, that are of similar size, than your group or zerg around for zerg clashes that are the true meaning ful battles in WvW, which are also for you alot more rewarding, than to chase down solo roamers that have no chance against a bigger group most of the time, unless you are an OP Ele or Mesmer >.> then chances might be better for you…s this are the only overpowered classes that can easily fight 1vX and have a good chance of winning even …

feel free to add more points to that list, if you have more

In regard of dueling the best thign currently sadly is to do only to try to invite your enemy for a duel and then go with him/her togeher to the Obsidian Sanctuary where you can be undisturbed for dueling.

However, i think WvW would be alot more fun, if you could duel situaltionally in vW more, by not havign to fear to get interrupted by some allied idiots in their kill lust mode which instantly have to rush for help, the moment they see their group member gets attacked instead of asking the group member first, if the situation is escalating, or if its a fight agaisnt just 1 single enemy – so a duel and wait then first for the answer, before they already interrupt in and overwhelm the other side…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

There’s a saying that I learned once – “If it’s Red, it’s dead”.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

There’s a saying that I learned once – “If it’s Red, it’s dead”.

I hold the same philosophy.
But sometimes we need to outsmart the enemy. like if they outnumber us, we need to pretend like ‘honorable’ duelers and not interrupt their ‘friendly’ duels.

then if our zerg passes by…that is a different story.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

As long as ennemy don’t attack our stuff (dolly / camp) I don’t interupt any duel.
If someone just try to make his ruins daily and don’t attack me, I do the same, no attack.

Don’t attack non hostile players, it’s simple….

in WvW

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

well there are two things i do when someone interrupts my duels,

first: i disengange the moment i see someone coming near, hoping that my enemi will kill the zergling that try to gank , which happens most of the time

second: if the zergling was lucky enough to caugh him while he was at 10% life and kill him , i will invite the enemi player into my party, and run with the zergling that killed him , so he always know the position of him and can come to us and kill the zergling

i like the second thing the most, seeing how the zergling gets caught on the way to the zerg and then complains i dont ress or help him….like realy bro? you think i will help after you interuped my duel and ignoerd me spamming “stop its a duel!”?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Y’know there are a hundred different things to do on a map during a week of WvW. If your priority is interrupting duels, then you probably should examine your motivations.

Leave them alone, go do something productive. Those duelling will jump back into the game after 15 or so minutes, let them have those 15 minutes.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I think many of us who frequent WvW would have come across duels happening around the map.

Many duelers will say no interrupting because it is not an honorable thing to do.

But…they are enemies!

1) they are dueling alone and the enemy is low life then I will help to burst and kill the enemy.

That is one of the most pathetic things I’ve read on these forums.

The only times it is acceptable to jump in on a duel is if they down your server mate and go in for the stomp, someone else jumps in to 2v1 your server mate, or if the guy from the other server is someone that has interrupted your duels in the past, and in that last scenario you need to apologize and explain to your server mate why you decided to interrupt.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

But…they are enemies!

-Always interrupt if you see that you can win. Only case you should not interrupt is if the enemy has superior number than yours or if it is a friend/guild player.

-Even if the enemy has more numbers defending the players dueling you can always go to the closest tower/keep and build a treb to cow shot them.

-Also, if you are a thief you can wait for the enemy to lose and stealth stomp him. Normally that works even if there are multiple enemies around.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’d expect nothing less from someone in a guild called EoTM.

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

to be honest im tired of those duelling happenings …

kill them all and jump on them

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Absolutely any time any place, If they are in bl/eb. Duelers/gvgers got given obsidian sanctum for this stuff, not my problem if they don’t use it. I especially enjoy it when it is just a bunch of enemy thieves waiting for duels (this is the case more often that not) or d/d eles. The salt these guys throw at you in /w after they get ganked is priceless.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Whenever you like.

They are in WvW and WvW is not a duelling arena.

Personally, I would try to be considerate, if I realised it was a duel (as I try to be a considerate person, in general).

But, if I don’t happen to realise, too bad, frankly.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

in WvW

Posted by: shinjoku.2938

shinjoku.2938

It’s wvw if you want to duel well, then find a more secluded spot why exactly does it have to be outside a keep or near a road on a hill i don’t quite understand i can think of PLENTY of spots that are secluded that’s near a keep if you want to bring the “it’s near a waypoint to return from” argument but yeah, if you’re in the way i’m going to kill you by any means necessary lol

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

But…they are enemies!

Ewww….

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

well there are two things i do when someone interrupts my duels,

first: i disengange the moment i see someone coming near, hoping that my enemi will kill the zergling that try to gank , which happens most of the time

second: if the zergling was lucky enough to caugh him while he was at 10% life and kill him , i will invite the enemi player into my party, and run with the zergling that killed him , so he always know the position of him and can come to us and kill the zergling

i like the second thing the most, seeing how the zergling gets caught on the way to the zerg and then complains i dont ress or help him….like realy bro? you think i will help after you interuped my duel and ignoerd me spamming “stop its a duel!”?

That’s horrible.

You do realise that “zergling” was probably just trying to help a fellow player and didn’t even realise it was a duel?

…and that is the thanks he, or she, gets.

Also, you spamming “stop, it’s a duel” is probably going to be too late, if the enemy is only on 10% health.

Normally takes people a few moments to notice chat, when they are in that kind of situation, anyway.

As long as ennemy don’t attack our stuff (dolly / camp) I don’t interupt any duel.
If someone just try to make his ruins daily and don’t attack me, I do the same, no attack.

Don’t attack non hostile players, it’s simple….

I try to do the same as this.

However, those of us who don’t tend to attack first, will be more likely to die, when someone (who appeared to be non-hostile) turns out to just have been slow to react.

Sad, but true.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

If you actually think it is a duel then the answer is you don’t interrupt it, though I guess in some circumstances I can understand it, if for example the guy from the other server had been ganking people coming from spawn/waypoint in zerg builds with his buddies earlier.

You might also consider there can be consequences, especially if you are a PPT hero or you don’t want your guild raids interrupted, a few of us had duels interrupted several times the other week by a couple of PPT heroes on the server, we stopped defending camps, stopped calling out scout reports, etc, the tears from the PPT heroes as they lost all their fully upgraded camps were lovely.

And I’ve seen much stronger than that, people that have whispered the opponents when to attack keeps, people switching to other accounts in the same matchup and then ganking the guy the interrupted the duel all night, people wasting supply in keeps, etc.

Really the lesson is pretty simple, if you want to be a kitten and ruin some other peoples fun (when you really don’t need to), you might get some of that back.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

What ever you need to tell yourselves to justify ganking someone that is clearly dueling instead of waiting your turn to fight them 1v1.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Ranger Emeritus.2905

Ranger Emeritus.2905

I put it on the duelers to get away from the action. Also the idea you would hurt your server to get back at someone who interrupted your fight showing you have more loyalty to the enemy speaks for itself. I came upon a 1v1 on my staff ele, got no warning and my server mate let me get stomped with no rez. I came back on my stealth trapper ranger took care of the thief and followed my new server enemy for the next 10 minutes until he left. Get to the windmill and stay away from the real fights. I have NEVER been interrupted there. Don’t assume you are always in the right when your duel is interrupted.

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

What ever you need to tell yourselves to justify ganking someone that is clearly dueling instead of waiting your turn to fight them 1v1.

don’t need to justify it atall, this is wvw, there are no rules in war, sorry if you have some misplaced sense of honor, but not my problem.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

… sorry if you have some misplaced sense of honor, but not my problem.

Seems to sum up the issue, one way or another.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

But…they are enemies!

Anytime there is a potential lootbag in front of you, you have a right to collect it regardless of QQ or whatever other feelings the bag may or may not have towards you.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Jayne.9251

But…they are enemies!

Anytime there is a potential lootbag in front of you, you have a right to collect it regardless of QQ or whatever other feelings the bag may or may not have towards you.

Yeah I guess that’s a key difference between players. I don’t care about loot.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Generally you shouldn’t be interrupted, or interrupt in the OS, otherwise it’s up in the air.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I don’t interrupt duels.

However, two people fighting isn’t automatically a duel. You’ll never get the distinction 100% right all the time, but being able to tell a duel from a random encounter is something you pick up over time.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Dasefex.4810

Dasefex.4810

I usually let them be. I think anet should really have a duel option though.

Fishy Joes 80 necro wvw
Digital Sacrifice Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

Red is dead.. That simple. I blow up duels all the time. There are 1v1 pvp lobby they can go to.

WvW is NOT where you go to duel. If myself or any of my guild see you, we run you over.. That simple..

That said, we do not go digging into the nooks and crannies of the borderlands looking for you.. So if you pick a corner off the beaten path, go for it.

That one person.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

WvW is NOT where you go to duel. If myself or any of my guild see you, we run you over.. That simple..

Why?

Is there some kind of advantage to steamrolling 2 vs 20?

Do you get extra bags or something? Or just a confidence boost?

I really don’t see the point.

in WvW

Posted by: Hitsuke.5304

Hitsuke.5304

I never interrupt if the duelists are duelling somewhere that actually makes sense. It’s ridiculous how many times I’ve attacked someone just outside our keep on EB to be told “Hey stop were duelling”. I always respond with “Well pick a better bloody place to duel than bang outside the keep gates then you morons”.

There’s loads of spots on EB and BL that are out of the way from major landmarks, where you won’t be bothered, yet people choose to try and duel in the most idiotic places at times.

in WvW

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

Don’t gank players after baiting them in with your allied troll account. Really… if more of us showed a little more sportsmanship maybe WvW would not be in the shape it’s in. If you need bags that much go to PVE and collect till your hearts content.

Most of you are just doing PVE/PVD anyways with the random PVP thrown in every so often. Evenly matched fights are seldom and it seems that it’s usually the server that tends to be outmanned being more aggressive.

But back to the subject I think that most duels are fake, just a way to bait others into a fight with someone with a cheesy op build..

This is what I’ve witnessed in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

ITT: the only good fight is one where I have a 50 to 1 advantage!!1!!1!1

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Don’t gank players after baiting them in with your allied troll account. Really… if more of us showed a little more sportsmanship maybe WvW would not be in the shape it’s in. If you need bags that much go to PVE and collect till your hearts content.

Most of you are just doing PVE/PVD anyways with the random PVP thrown in every so often. Evenly matched fights are seldom and it seems that it’s usually the server that tends to be outmanned being more aggressive.

But back to the subject I think that most duels are fake, just a way to bait others into a fight with someone with a cheesy op build..

This is what I’ve witnessed in WvW.

Time to move to EU. There’s a lot of respect for players/guilds/duellers/roamers.

And the duels are real

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

It depends for me, if they are actually forming a little duel circle in a high traffic area I say kill them all. If they just happen to run into and enemy and say something I’ll typically run right by them.

So basically if it’s an organized kitten in a high traffic area they should be killed, because they are not smart enough to go somewhere else on their own. Random encounters with an enemy that lasts the duration of the fight followed by moving on is fine.

Really, there is always going to be a player or group of players that just don’t care and duelers should expect people to add.

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

Very few people are honorable in this game anymore, most are too bitter about WvW and ANET’s handling of it. I expect numbers in WvW to drop significantly once Camelot Unchained comes out. Until then, get your trebushames ready to toss onto the body of anyone you see die…..even your allies!!!

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

in WvW

Posted by: WraithOfStealth.1624

WraithOfStealth.1624

Anybody that is duelling in WvW in any other location than the Obsidian Sanctum that is an area with high traffic of players deserves to get annihilated beyond recognition.

The amount of times people cry in chat when they get killed outside of SM while “duelling” is too kitten high. Somehow people think that they’re entitled to have their “duels” be respected by everybody as an official aspect of the WvW game mode, and everybody who sensibly thinks that “red is dead” is an honorless idiot with no manners that needs to get a life.

If i’m roaming in WvW maps and i see a 1v1, chances are big that i will join the fray. And if i see you killing dolyaks or hitting camps/sentries before returning to your insanely stupid duelling location right outside of SM you can whisper “I was duelling bro” all you want after dying.

Until guild halls, and their arenas in HoT are released you are cool to duel in OS, pvp arenas or the most remote location in the borderlands you can find. These are viable locations where you’re almost guaranteed not to be bothered. Find a guy you want to fight in the borderlands while roaming, invite him to your party, and say; “Hey bro lets have some fights in OS.”

Conclusion;

If you come across people fighting 1v1 in any of the WvW maps other than the Obsidian Sanctum, feel free to toss fire at them, stab them in the back, or pew pew them.

Gandara – The Knights Who Say Nope [NOPE]
IGN: Raefe Ostelt

in WvW

Posted by: Kry.1697

Kry.1697

A few nights ago when I was messing around with a different build, I ran into a enemy ranger. We had a long fight where he managed to kick my kitten eventually. The stomp at the end was cool too. I don’t mind.

“If its red, its dead” is all poetic and cute but let others have their fun. 1 vs 1 fights can be awesome. It’s as close as a fair fight you can get in WvW. Why interrupt that? The loot isn’t worth it. Try yourself, you might also learn something new.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

“When is it right to interrupt a duel?”

Whenever you’re going past them. Most “duellists” aren’t showing anyone else any respect on borderlands these days so I don’t see why anyone should show them respect.

Don’t forget to corpse jump and spam laugh.

You want to duel, go OS or PvP.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

This has to be a troll thread, even asking the question “when is it right to interrupt a duel” shows somewhere in the back of your mind you know it’s not polite, otherwise you wouldn’t need to ask.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

When either of them is a pu mesmer. And if one of them is on my server, then make a free account on the enemy server, grind to 60, and then come back and kill the “friendly” pu mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

When either of them is a pu mesmer. And if one of them is on my server, then make a free account on the enemy server, grind to 60, and then come back and kill the “friendly” pu mesmer.

Aww…did the mean Mesmer hurt you? There, there. There, there.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Red is dead.. That simple. I blow up duels all the time. There are 1v1 pvp lobby they can go to.

That said, we do not go digging into the nooks and crannies of the borderlands looking for you.. So if you pick a corner off the beaten path, go for it.

Exactly.

I roam, I get into fights with other roamers. I don’t whine and complain if other red dots see us and run me/us over. Its the way the game is set up. The GvG and Dueler whiners get old real fast.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I try to respect duels as much as possible, I duel myself, but must admit too many ppl duel in very bad spot (myself included).

Not all 1v1 are ‘legit’ duels and asking your team mate if it’s a duel when he fight for his life usually won’t get any answer anyway since he is kinda real busy atm. And, sadly, it did happened too often that I let a comrade in need be killed because I thought it was a duel and it was not.

My advice to duelers: find better spot than camps or SMC vicinity.

My advice to all: If you have any doubts about what is happening kill everything red because your team mate might be in need of assistance and you justify your inaction with dubious ‘honor’ reasoning. There is nothing honorable about letting someone in need die when you could have helped anyway… If he complain that he didn’t need help after, refer to advice to duelers…

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I try to respect duels as much as possible, I duel myself, but must admit too many ppl duel in very bad spot (myself included).

Not all 1v1 are ‘legit’ duels and asking your team mate if it’s a duel when he fight for his life usually won’t get any answer anyway since he is kinda real busy atm. And, sadly, it did happened too often that I let a comrade in need be killed because I thought it was a duel and it was not.

My advice to all: If you have any doubts about what is happening kill everything red because your team mate might be in need of assistance and you justify your inaction with dubious ‘honor’ reasoning. There is nothing honorable about letting someone in need die when you could have helped anyway… If he complain that he didn’t need help after, refer to advice to duelers…

Personally my ‘when in doubt’ reaction is, if you don’t know if it’s a duel or not I don’t interfere in an equal numbered fight. If you server mate wanted help and they die – oh well? When you die you don’t lose anything I can just rez them after, no harm done. But if he didn’t want help then you’ve gone and ruined a potentially very fun fight and if your server mate wants another he might have to go looking for that enemy all over again.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Personally my ‘when in doubt’ reaction is, if you don’t know if it’s a duel or not I don’t interfere in an equal numbered fight. If you server mate wanted help and they die – oh well? When you die you don’t lose anything I can just rez them after, no harm done. But if he didn’t want help then you’ve gone and ruined a potentially very fun fight and if your server mate wants another he might have to go looking for that enemy all over again.

Except he did loose his stacks (guard or otherwise), possibly his trust in you, as well as time running back in the event you die realizing your mistake now that the attacker has turned to you having been spared a 2 v 1. Not even talking about possibly loosing an objective because you decided to let things happen… This is a team game and even solo roaming is a team contribution no matter what motivate you playing in the first place.

Have fun but not at other’s expense otherwise don’t be surprise if others don’t care about your kind fun… Many duelers don’t seem to realize that the way they duel and were they do it is probably what causes the most harm to all other duelers in the end.

in WvW

Iavra.8510

If he wants help he could, for example, kite into you. A dueler won’t do this since he tries to stay away from other people as much as possible.

Except he did loose his stacks (guard or otherwise)

Guard stacks are going to be removed, soon and sigil stacks – who cares. If you really want them, go fight some PvE mobs at spawn. Duelers rarely use them since those sigils would be useless in OS, anyway.

Not even talking about possibly loosing an objective because you decided to let things happen…

Ehh…okay. By now you must have realized, that winning or losing a matchup doesn’t matter at all. PPT has been cool for the first few months after release, but by now it’s meaningless except for maybe during WvW seasons.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

If he wants help he could, for example, kite into you. A dueler won’t do this since he tries to stay away from other people as much as possible.

Except he did loose his stacks (guard or otherwise)

Guard stacks are going to be removed, soon and sigil stacks – who cares. If you really want them, go fight some PvE mobs at spawn. Duelers rarely use them since those sigils would be useless in OS, anyway.

Not even talking about possibly loosing an objective because you decided to let things happen…

Ehh…okay. By now you must have realized, that winning or losing a matchup doesn’t matter at all. PPT has been cool for the first few months after release, but by now it’s meaningless except for maybe during WvW seasons.

It can help diminish doubts but in the end a decision has to be made and my suggestion is that if you still harbor doubts kill the red ppl.

Ultimately, if a team mate interrupt a duel obviously seeking to help you don’t blame him. Blame yourself.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Here’s why I don’t go to OS: map queues.

I spend the bulk of my day (6 hours plus) scouting/sieging and upgrading keeps and towers.

To get a tiny break from it, and still be close enough to refresh siege and monitor the map, I will often have short duels — 15 minutes or so. I use it to keep my skillset up, and improve by learning from the mistakes I make. True duellers never stake anyone, so you can get back up over and over and learn from what you’re doing wrong — and congratulate your opponent on good plays.

If I went to OS, all that scouting/upgrading/refreshing that I do for hours on end, would likely not get done while I’m stuck in a queue. (You know there’s only a few people on every server who diligently do this).

So yeah, I have great respect for duellers, most of EU is like this thankfully and respectfully lets players play how they want to, instead of imposing their gameplay on others. If they’re not ganking or taking objectives, but just practising for a bit, and NOT affecting your gameplay in any way; leave them be, regardless of where they’re duelling.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Except he did loose his stacks (guard or otherwise), possibly his trust in you, as well as time running back in the event you die realizing your mistake now that the attacker has turned to you having been spared a 2 v 1. Not even talking about possibly loosing an objective because you decided to let things happen… This is a team game and even solo roaming is a team contribution no matter what motivate you playing in the first place.

Have fun but not at other’s expense otherwise don’t be surprise if others don’t care about your kind fun… Many duelers don’t seem to realize that the way they duel and were they do it is probably what causes the most harm to all other duelers in the end.

Personally I have enough confidence in my own abilities that I won’t lose a 1v1 especially just after the enemy was in a fight. If we’re standing in a camp, what I’ll normally do is wait for the fight to finish while standing inside the capture circle and let the enemy heal up and engage me. If he wins two 1v1s in a row despite me being confident in my abilities I see the camp as his reward. Towers and keeps are a different story.

If my team mate gets angry at me for not jumping on the opportunity to outnumber the opponent I no longer care for his opinion because I see him as a coward.

Lavra covered the rest of the points.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Zetsumei.4975)

in WvW

Iavra.8510

Well, yeah, duels should happen in empty areas, when possible. A lot of the time when roaming and meeting a good player, i won’t stomp after the fight. I’m not mad when somebody else does this and will usually wait for the other guy to respawn or even get whispered and have a nice chat.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I think we are seeing the difference between EU and NA in this thread, lol.