When will we get new WvW maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

When will we see new content added to WvW?

- Yes, we know that new WvW maps take a lot of time to create.
- Yes, we know that creating new WvW content doesn’t make you any more money via the gemstore.
- and No, Catapult Mastery does not satisfy our appetite when you consider all the other content you guys are pumping out every two weeks.

I’m sure you already know this, but players are going to start leaving for other games soon.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Sept 3rd.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Sept 3rd.

2113?

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

The new map will be released just prior to the time the orb issue gets fixed. So you will hear about the orb patch before the “Darkness fall” patch

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

Sept 3rd.

2113?

Funny thing is I picked a random date… sept 3rd just so happens to be a Tuesday…

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

You guys really don’t get how hard it actually is to release a new map. They have to make sure there are no shenanigans, like a jump that gets you around the Keeps Wall, or kittened places where you can put Arrow Carts/Trebs, and so on.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

You guys really don’t get how hard it actually is to release a new map. They have to make sure there are no shenanigans, like a jump that gets you around the Keeps Wall, or kittened places where you can put Arrow Carts/Trebs, and so on.

Get real. While it is true that new maps take time, ANet clearly isn’t even working on any. If you choose to believe otherwise you do so without the slightest bit of supporting evidence or official comment. Several months ago they said they were “looking into” draining the lake in the BLs and they haven’t even done that yet .. .or said a single word more about it.

ANet has four full development teams working on PVE and at last report (from Habib, if I remember correctly) they have two part time (i.e, shared) devs assigned to WvW. What does that tell you?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Pretty sure the OP was looking for an actual answer. That response you linked simply says that they “want to work on new maps” at some time in the future. I guess it doesn’t take much reading between the lines to interpret that as “we haven’t even started and don’t know when we will”, but I don’t think your three seconds added much to the discussion.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

Anet need to remake complete the borders, making the borders NOT mirrors, making they more fun.

A Jungle border, Ice border and a Water border.

in WvW

Ynot.8397

Pretty sure the OP was looking for an actual answer. That response you linked simply says that they “want to work on new maps” at some time in the future. I guess it doesn’t take much reading between the lines to interpret that as “we haven’t even started and don’t know when we will”, but I don’t think your three seconds added much to the discussion.

But it did say “When there is more to tell, we will tell it, but for now all I can say is we definitely want to do new maps and will when time allows.” My 3 seconds answered his question with what the dev said. 3 seconds well spent I’d say.

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’d be happy by just borderlands that weren’t carbon copies of each other. I believe that was also ANets plan, but they ran out of time and had to release WvW with three identical maps.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

I would like the new maps to have more strategic placements in them not just open field everywhere.

Example: Like maybe a tunnel that with a amount of supply can be build to travel people to point A to point B.

Another example maybe allow us to destroy bridges(which can be rebuild with supply) with siege so the enemy players have to run around a big cliff or something to slow them down.

Stuff like that.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

31 November probably.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Aeros.2046

Well, since we are on the subject. Make taking a Keep a requirement for further access to the Map. I also thought it silly how the enemy could just go straight for Garrison. IMO you should have to flip Hills or Bay first, before you can get a crack at Garri.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Sept 3rd.

2113?

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

How about less PVE in a map, and more focused pvp. This company is a joke. Started off solid, absolutely BLOWN it since then. The guy who said people gonna start leaving? Already happening. Look at the forums, hayday there was like 15-20 pages per matchup, now its like 4-5.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

The fact that there won’t be an expansion this year, or maybe ever pretty much solidifies there decision to not release any more major content for any area of the game that isn’t living world. If they are going to continue on a pace of new living story updates every two weeks there is no way there will be any worth additions to WvW, or any other part of the game for that matter, for a long time.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

You realize you can still jump into Jerrifers all day long right???

They should just follow the rest of their model to this point and release it and let us find the bugs…At least then their “hotfix” patches would be kicking us out of WvW for WvW-related stuff not because some NPC is wearing the wrong clothes or whatever ridiculous PVE shenanigans are occuring….

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Cactus.2710

But it did say “When there is more to tell, we will tell it, but for now all I can say is we definitely want to do new maps and will when time allows.” My 3 seconds answered his question with what the dev said. 3 seconds well spent I’d say.

If the dev didn’t really say anything it didn’t answer anything.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Not really? He says its being worked on in some capacity he just can’t say when it will be ready for release. He specifically speaks about polish as in the map probably exists in some semi-finished state (we already know it does).

The rough version of it (cheeseburgers and all) has been in the .dat files for two or three months now. Three colors, three starting points, a gate, a tower, and a keep, gee I wonder what that could be…

… Must be a new sPvP map, I hear they’re going to be releasing 1v1v1 with keeps and towers, and siege on a map the size of EBG.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

a) it’s not like the old, super polished maps didn’t have these issues (getting into Hills by walking around the outside of the map, WTFLULZFIXMENAOW!?), and b) I’d happily accept a new map that will allow for some exploits if it means WE GET A NEW MAP.

Having players bang around on the map will shake out the bugs faster than rotating it through a small QA department. Just have the map team stay assigned to the WvW map group to fix these issue quickly.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Ynot.8397

It is an answer even if it isn’t the one you want.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

April 1st 2045

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Not really? He says its being worked on in some capacity he just can’t say when it will be ready for release. He specifically speaks about polish as in the map probably exists in some semi-finished state (we already know it does).

The rough version of it (cheeseburgers and all) has been in the .dat files for two or three months now. Three colors, three starting points, a gate, a tower, and a keep, gee I wonder what that could be…

… Must be a new sPvP map, I hear they’re going to be releasing 1v1v1 with keeps and towers, and siege on a map the size of EBG.

Read it again and tell me where it says they are actually working on it. They say only that they would like to some day work on it. Tell me you are capable of understanding the difference …

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

It is an answer even if it isn’t the one you want.

Negatory. An evasion is not an answer. What else did you read other than the vague sentiment that they would like to be working on new maps at some point in the future? The OP specifically asked WHEN they would roll out a new map.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well, since we are on the subject. Make taking a Keep a requirement for further access to the Map. I also thought it silly how the enemy could just go straight for Garrison. IMO you should have to flip Hills or Bay first, before you can get a crack at Garri.

Good idea in theory, but it would only work to increase zerging, which we have in abundance already.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

I’d rather Anet NOT work on new maps and take those guys that are to finish the promises they made. Guild Halls anyone? Shooting range? Bar Brawl? Commander functions? Dueling? Orbs? That useless lake in the BLs? Those useless pve corners on the top of every bl?

Some of this stuff was advertised as part of the game before release, yet Anet doesn’t even mention it anymore. The others (except the useless pve corners) Anet said they would do months ago.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Sooner than you might think, but not nearly as soon as we would like. That’s as much as I can say.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Sooner than you might think, but not nearly as soon as we would like. That’s as much as I can say.

Seems to me that’s the kind of info you would put in a “6 month plan” blog post…

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma….

Halloween.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Dem teasing devs.

Hate you!

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Why can’t you give us that kind of an answer on the skill delay issue? :/

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

He tried, but got zerged down and lagged out. There’s your answer.

in WvW

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

I would like the new maps to have more strategic placements in them not just open field everywhere.

Example: Like maybe a tunnel that with a amount of supply can be build to travel people to point A to point B.

Another example maybe allow us to destroy bridges(which can be rebuild with supply) with siege so the enemy players have to run around a big cliff or something to slow them down.

Stuff like that.

These are fantastic ideas. I would love to see things like this introduced. This is the kind of thing that would really take WvW to the next level in making it a unique game mode.

So many ideas running through my head now, but I don’t dare get my hopes up.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

Sooo….right after everyone quits to another game…but before TESO comes out and it doesn’t matter…

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

What a wonderfully cryptic response.

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

How about less PVE in a map, and more focused pvp. This company is a joke. Started off solid, absolutely BLOWN it since then. The guy who said people gonna start leaving? Already happening. Look at the forums, hayday there was like 15-20 pages per matchup, now its like 4-5.

Do you think it could be because in the summer, people go in vacations?

in WvW

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

That’s as much as I can say.

Which is usually nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Sooo….right after everyone quits to another game…but before TESO comes out and it doesn’t matter…

I doubt that Anet is holding back material just to be to trump another game akittens debut. Having said that though, Anet has had a nice ride with no other major game releases in the last yeat.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Because the people working on that are in charge of those things. While we are doing as much as we can, which is not much, in specific terms of WvW to address this, it is a much more complicated and much more holistic problem than just WvW.

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Seems to me that’s the kind of info you would put in a “6 month plan” blog post…

I think it is safe to say, based on the response here to my comment, that putting that in a blog post would be a little less specific than we generally like to be in something that visible. Here, in the WvW trenches, I’m willing to be less specific but a bit more forward looking. If I had specifics, we’d give them, believe me.

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

I think it is safe to say, based on the response here to my comment, that putting that in a blog post would be a little less specific than we generally like to be in something that visible. Here, in the WvW trenches, I’m willing to be less specific but a bit more forward looking. If I had specifics, we’d give them, believe me.

The point is that WvW system basiclly after those all months didint changed at all, i mean we didnt get any new map, we still dont have GvG system, since more and more guilds starting to play that, and we asking only for ANY map to doing this, without everything, only grass.

So far you made good think with culling, but after that, nothing better. Ranks are pretty usless, rain of green items and nothing more. Titles are almost not obtainable by players, or if you have 15 years, to make it. Same thing is that WvW need balance with skills. WvW dont need sPvP balance, bcuz this is not making our game better, but worst if i need to say. Making new map is not a big problem as i think, since you are making some new places every 2 weeks but OFC its only for PvE.

You need to understand, that most of WvW players, spending 90% of time in WvW, and 10% is only for sleep and afk. We dont play PvE, we dont want PvE, we dont play sPvP at full mode. We want to :

1. Map for GvG.
2. New map like borderlands.
3. Balance in skills and systems in WvW ONLY.
4. Titles from WvW that we are able to make it after like 5 months.
5. Remove MOBS from WvW, no1 needs them. Since when Wolf are in battlegrounds, where every where sieges are hitting.
6. AC rebuild
7.Rewards for wining Week
8. Changes to Commander tag.

my 5 cents.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

(edited by LotuS.4378)

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

IMO while expanding the World make one of the new zones a open PvP zone. That would give a different aspect to PvE in that zone and it would give a place for GvG out side of WvW.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

that putting that in a blog post would be a little less specific than we generally like to be in something that visible.

I fail to see how “new maps” is any less specific than “replacing the orb mechanic”.

I also think it’s far more important to promote a WvW feature in something as visible as the “6 month plan” blog, regardless of how specific the info, to keep people interested in WvW and make them feel like the game mode has a future and isn’t being neglected.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Thanks for the reply. It is appreciated =)

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in WvW

Aeros.2046

What he’s saying is Devon knows WvW is the trap that keeps players playing GW2. However, his boss is still enamored with this “living world” thing, and so he is forced to mention every meeting time that the majority of the player population is invariably in WvW at any point in time. They all say “that’s nice devon” But players killing players? We don’t need that kind of barbarism in our art project.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

What he’s saying is Devon knows WvW is the trap that keeps players playing GW2. However, his boss is still enamored with this “living world” thing, and so he is forced to mention every meeting time that the majority of the player population is invariably in WvW at any point in time. They all say “that’s nice devon” But players killing players? We don’t need that kind of barbarism in our art project.

I have a feeling that you are so spot on that it is scary…ANET has always been Mickey Mouse about this sort of thing, wanted to accommodate casual players more than a hardcore player base that keeps a game in service.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: zepp.4109

zepp.4109

Hi Devon,

Is ANET working on any kind of GvG map or GvG system?

Thank you.