Where is the WvW roaming love?

in WvW

Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

So this is a question to the Anet team. Why do you hate us WvW roamers?

I spend 90% of my time playing GW2 roaming around WvW trying to find some epic fights. But the problem is….I’m poor as hell. I can’t earn a single gold doing this. How am i supposed to keep up with the gear progression? I need 500g to level my crafting and get the mats for Ascended weapon. 500G ?!?!?

Compared from doing dungeons where you can earn 50g no sweat…

So can someone from the Anet team please answer this? Where is the roaming love?

(edited by Eviscera.9703)

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Well, I am not an Anet employee, but maybe we can use this thread to bring some advice. I allways try, when roaming, to meet my server’s Zerg inna critical moment. When they are at the lord, when they are about to cap, I come in and get some pieces of the cace, and then I go my merry way again.

That is not allways possible, especially when there is a paper tower flipping karma train, but if there is some real resistance, you can still be an effective roamer and get some event rewards.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

I made around 20g grinding the karma train last Friday. IMO it’s a lot more bearable than doing PvE or zerging (I can’t stand zerg fighting). Unfortunately I don’t get most Fridays off of work.

Bottom line is you can’t roam and make money at the same time, and that probably won’t change. You have to resort to an old school MMO mentality and find a way to grind it out.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

If roaming gave x gold per hour then zerging would give 100x gold per hour. Anything a roamer can do a zerg can do just as quickly and receive the reward for each person in the zerg. Then people would just complain about more incentive to zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

This is not true. Ive spent most of my time in game solo roaming and it is much more profitable than zerging or running with a guild.

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

This is not true. Ive spent most of my time in game solo roaming and it is much more profitable than zerging or running with a guild.

I think you got wvw and pve mixed up bro.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I think you got wvw and pve mixed up bro.

nope.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

much more profitable? What exactly are you doing roaming that is more profitable than tagging in a zerg?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Substantially more gold / wxp earned as the teammates around you decreases in number per kill. Scale THE kittenTTTTTT out of it. You want to Zerg go ahead, much less rewards. You roam and kick butt at fighting other players, you are rewarded per kill much more. Oh wait, that’s an idea that’s been in mmo pvp since mmos were created…

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Substantially more gold / wxp earned as the teammates around you decreases in number per kill. Scale THE kittenTTTTTT out of it. You want to Zerg go ahead, much less rewards. You roam and kick butt at fighting other players, you are rewarded per kill much more. Oh wait, that’s an idea that’s been in mmo pvp since mmos were created…

Bitter much?

Instead of hating on the way other people enjoy playing, it would be smarter to focus on how to increase rewards for roamers.

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Bitter much?

Instead of hating on the way other people enjoy playing, it would be smarter to focus on how to increase rewards for roamers.

For almost a year now you have made comments on posts immediately after I’ve written them. Lol, fanboy.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Bitter much?

For almost a year now you have made comments on posts immediately after I’ve written them. Lol, fanboy.

It is because you spew kitten everywhere. It is hard not to read it.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Solo pvp player whining about not being able to solo pvp as much as they like in a mass pvp scenario.

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

Fact is WvW was not designed for roamers… so you can not expect to get better rewards than a large group… as you can only get smaller objectives that gives smaller rewards and thats makes sense. At least for me.

I am a roamer myself, I dont like to follow zergs but I never expected to receive the same reward a zerg gets when they conquer a keep for example or a karma train for dozens of towers. I cant remember of any mmo where you can do more money alone or in small groups than larger ones.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Fact is WvW was not designed for roamers… so you can not expect to get better rewards than a large group… as you can only get smaller objectives that gives smaller rewards and thats makes sense. At least for me.

I am a roamer myself, I dont like to follow zergs but I never expected to receive the same reward a zerg gets when they conquer a keep for example or a karma train for dozens of towers. I cant remember of any mmo where you can do more money alone or in small groups than larger ones.

DAoC rewarded small efficient groups more then zergs and it is still considered the best MMO of its kind by many. WAR for all of its problems had decent rewards for roaming in smaller groups. In Rift I never did anything, but world and instance PvP and had no issues leveling or gearing myself.

I am sure I could go on if I dig deep enough in my fading memories. As a roamer I do not really expect better or more rewards than zerging, but I think it is poor design to give less. WvW game play is enhanced by having a variety of play styles all working together. It increases the overall skill cap of the game and makes for a lot more interesting tactics and strategies.

~ AoN ~

(edited by Niim.9260)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I completely disagree with any notion of disproportionately rewarding solo play over group play in an MMO. It’s built to be social, not anti-social. There’s a reason why we have phrases like the more the merrier and strength in numbers. Thus, I don’t agree that the developer’s should attempt to subvert nature.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Come to vabbi if you want roaming. I transferred there this week and it’s one of the best servers for it.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

OP needs to specify what type of roaming he’s talking about because there’s two kinds.
One that actually does something towards their servers score (killing yaks, tagging keeps, picking off stragglers etc) or one where you run around looking for random people to gank.

The former deserves rewards, the latter doesn’t.