Which Guild is most powerful in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

VOTF get my vote. Tsym would be right up there as well.

Red Guard demolished VOTF when they came over for a week to have some fun on NA servers. I have yet to see any guild nearly as coordinated as them with the same numbers..

Thing is that VoTF actually capture something sometimes.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Red Guard demolished VOTF when they came over for a week to have some fun on NA servers. I have yet to see any guild nearly as coordinated as them with the same numbers..

Because winning gvg is all that matters right? Red guard are the best at what they do, but what they do is only small aspect of wvw. It’s the total package that counts. Don’t get me wrong I have nothing but respect for RG and I do consider them to be a great guild. Just not the greatest.

You seem defensive. The thread asked for the most powerful guild. That would be Red Guard in any even fight. I don’t think the thread is asking for who takes keeps the best, who kill dolyaks the best, who defends well, etc. It asked for most powerful guild.

You want to talk zerg guilds, total package, feel free. I’d put Red Guard up against anyone else I have ever fought in T1.

in WvW

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Because winning gvg is all that matters right? Red guard are the best at what they do, but what they do is only small aspect of wvw. It’s the total package that counts. Don’t get me wrong I have nothing but respect for RG and I do consider them to be a great guild. Just not the greatest.

I agree with this. If we will talk about “best WvW guild” we need to evaluate so many aspects like how they fight, roam, attack, defend, siege placement, personal skills, etc.

Not sure where you see the word “best” in the title. The “best” WvW guild would be the one with the largest zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

You seem defensive. The thread asked for the most powerful guild. That would be Red Guard in any even fight. I don’t think the thread is asking for who takes keeps the best, who kill dolyaks the best, who defends well, etc. It asked for most powerful guild.

You want to talk zerg guilds, total package, feel free. I’d put Red Guard up against anyone else I have ever fought in T1.

No it wouldn’t. Taking keeps and objectives is indeed power and influence. I never said anyone could defeat RG in a even Field
fight, I just find that fact totally irrelevant. RG is the very definition of a Zerg guild. ( that’s not a bad thing just the style they play) let’s just agree to disagree and move on.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

You seem defensive. The thread asked for the most powerful guild. That would be Red Guard in any even fight.

This is opinion and not proven. There are numerous guild that they have not fought yet, and may never fight.

in WvW

covenn.7165

The dominating guild on Blackgate is HB, BG has went up against so many different servers since Christmas that whoever HB votes as the best I would have to take their word for it

Toughest fight on BG for sure in my opinion. Fought a lot of people climbing from #17 to #2 on SoR, so I can’t put them as the top opponent I have faced. They are a very fun fight though and I cant wait for them to get back to T1.

in WvW

Posted by: Egg.6198

Egg.6198

Chuck Norris, Batman, Steven Seagal, Hulk, a Quaggan and that guy with the lengendaries……that is all ty.

[Edited by Moderator]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

I won’t say powerful, but I will say makes me quake when I see the tag. [WM] on KN and [Thai] on BG. (That is who we are up against) I will DELIBERATELY run the opposite way when I see those tags. (Mostly because I run solo killing sentries/Dolyaks, and the skid mark I would leave after their group mows over me would be legendary….)

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: LordTemujin.5498

LordTemujin.5498

Tier 1 top guilds in wvw …. ?
SoR : TW,Choo,Hel?
JQ : Foo,PRX,RedGuard?
SoS: Tsym,VOTF?

I have to admit TW is the nastiest guild on wvw i have ever seen… ouch ouch ouch…
they sure know how to handle and coordinate a zerg … very efficient, you have to give caesar his salad and his drink .

But! in term of quality-cost and price , i have to give my hat to the Red Guard. yup.. u have it :P those guys are fearsome.

Sad elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Morthan.5439

Morthan.5439

I cant speak for NA servers, but for EU:

1. Strongest server – Vizunah Square, they play for 1 thing only and that’s victory. But not in victory as you may think of, but THE victory in the long run. After this game is dead and long gone VS will prolly be the most praised server of EU. They do anything to win and do not care about anything else much;
2. Strongest battle-guild – Red Guard, whoever played against them will know why. Absolute massacre and brilliant fighting, but they are not much into points. I think it’s more likely for them to capture a tower or a keep just to have the other server come and fight over it than just to take the points of it
3. Strongest win-oriented guild – I would think its Za Drots from my own server, but I obviously haven’t fight them. I just know that they go and get them maps for us. For those that I have fought I would nominate the guilds of Deso (IRON/GH/KAZ). Amazing and very good guilds.

Norn Guardian
Circle of Nine [CoN] / http://c9-gaming.eu
Augury Rock[FR]

in WvW

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

JQ has been the ONLY SERVER to stay at tier 1 since game release. Being number 1 numerous times, sometimes 2nd and 3rd but always at Tier 1. It is now the number 1 again and even if it goes blue (2nd) or red (3rd) again, it will be back at 1 eventually as it is the most (not powerful) but toughest server out there. Players and guilds are consistent and keep the fight on.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in WvW

Posted by: Erlex.4518

Erlex.4518

There is a very simple answer to this. The guild with the most people online when you play. The more people in wvw, the more powerful.

Basically, check the top tier, check the winning team, and find the largest zerg. Look for the guild with the most tags in said guild. And you have your answer.

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

I think most people are going by the best “Arena” guild with 20-30 people on each side in an open field fight. RG are the best ive seen at that.

I hope Anet do something like this all the best fighting guilds from EU and NA in a knockout competition

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in WvW

covenn.7165

JQ : Foo,PRX,RedGuard?

Wait, Redguard is on JQ? My mistake! How have I not seen them in the past two weeks?

Please come play with us. I want to see what the fuss is all about first hand.

(only really fought SF, PRX, AOS, etc. on JQ so far)

(edited by covenn.7165)

in WvW

Posted by: Kyto.4269

Kyto.4269

Red Guard was the scariest guild I have ever faced when I was in euro server and even more impressive to fight by their side in JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: Hecksa.7140

Hecksa.7140

Wait, Redguard is on JQ? My mistake! How have I not seen them in the past two weeks?

Red Guard aren’t on JQ anymore. We were over there for one week, then went back to Piken Square just before the free transfers ended.

Not Matter (Mesmer) – [RG]

(edited by Hecksa.7140)

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

If you think about it, the most powerful guilds are those that leave a server and cause the entire server to collapse because of bandwagoners and other scared guilds that follow them.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

JQ has been the ONLY SERVER to stay at tier 1 since game release. Being number 1 numerous times, sometimes 2nd and 3rd but always at Tier 1. It is now the number 1 again and even if it goes blue (2nd) or red (3rd) again, it will be back at 1 eventually as it is the most (not powerful) but toughest server out there. Players and guilds are consistent and keep the fight on.

Pfft, compare it to Vizunah’s record :P, even though i hate them, they are good at what they do.
Vizunah actually dominate Tier 1 EU, and JQ barely survived it till now in NA.

in WvW

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

well, the most powerful guild on my server (fissure of woe) would be both dark and pvp. they are run up close by my guild LoTs, when we have people on we take towers and are a very coordinated strike force, very powerful, and we know how to make combos and have good survivability in wvw. we strike fast and we strike hard, and we are growing all the time.

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

in WvW

covenn.7165

Red Guard aren’t on JQ anymore. We were over there for one week, then went back to Piken Square just before the free transfers ended.

That’s too bad. Given the praise your guild is getting, I would have loved to fight you to see where we stand. Come back to NA T1 pls

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Europe = Red Guard .

Pro tip : Guild =//= Server

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

in WvW

Hecksa.7140

That’s too bad. Given the praise your guild is getting, I would have loved to fight you to see where we stand. Come back to NA T1 pls

What guild are you in? I thought we’d had some fights with pretty much every medium-large guild while we were over there. Unless you’re from SoR?

As for a return to NA, don’t think it’s likely in the short term at least. Long term, who knows…but right now I think we’re settled on Piken, as far as I’m aware.

Maybe we’ll go over again in the future, maybe not…we’ll see.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

The one that has the most people, I imagine.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I will speak for Santcum of Rall server… there are many strong guilds here, the ones I consider “more powerfull” in order are:

Choo
FEAR
WvW
LUN

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Whatever guild Bunzy is in…

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Kelo.4370

Kelo.4370

All this talk about Red Guard. Never had the chance to fight them and would REALLY love to get the chance as I have very high confidence in being able to beat them on their terms.

However Red Guard is a completely worthless guild as for as I can tell, when they came to my server Jade Quarry all they did was take up valuable WvW slots they do nothing for the PPT and in general I would rather have PuGs on my map than them.

As far as best guild/server I wonder who would win between Vizunah Square and Jade Quarry right now I bet it would be an awesome week of WvW. Both server have been T1 forever.

(edited by Kelo.4370)

in WvW

Posted by: The Emperor Glory.3927

The Emperor Glory.3927

I just find that fact totally irrelevant. RG is the very definition of a Zerg guild. ( that’s not a bad thing just the style they play) let’s just agree to disagree and move on.

Normally running with 3 to 5 groups (15-25 members) RG would be the definition of a guild not looking to Zerg.

Glory – [GoW] Glory of War. Piken square loyalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

I will speak for Santcum of Rall server… there are many strong guilds here, the ones I consider “more powerfull” in order are:

Choo
FEAR
WvW
LUN

OMG I forgot about Choo and FEAR. Yup those were two guilds I ran away from as well. (I am probably inflating so many heads right now lmao) I know if I saw one, there was MANY to follow.

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

in WvW

Dyno.9467

All this talk about Red Guard. Never had the chance to fight them and would REALLY love to get the chance as I have very high confidence in being able to beat them on their terms.

However Red Guard is a completely worthless guild as for as I can tell, when they came to my server Jade Quarry all they did was take up valuable WvW slots they do nothing for the PPT and in general I would rather have PuGs on my map than them.

As far as best guild/server I wonder who would win between Vizunah Square and Jade Quarry right now I bet it would be an awesome week of WvW. Both server have been T1 forever.

VS by at least a 30k margin

Asura – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Whichever guild I am in.

I was going to post this. The answer is clearly OG.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

VS by at least a 30k margin

I say VS too. unfortunately.

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Any guild that can use combos, stay together, and dodge roll. Lots of DD eles or hammer warriors help as well.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

IRON from Desolation EU ofcourse.. i thought everyone knew this

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

TW (Tempest Wolves) on SoR are really good in the open field. I’ve seen them wipe some pretty big zergs, and their guild is not that large. I was also in some battles with them against TL (Team Legacy) when we played IoJ, and those were pretty epic.

PRX is also very strong (formerly SoS – kind of sad you moved). Those two guilds have always stood out for me. One on our side, the other against us.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

This thread is just a lot of server posturing. I was scratching my head about the passion with which JQ was defended above…someone got it right when they said that Guild =/= Server, so servers should be left out of this conversation.

There are a lot of great, top notch guilds. Some do things better than others. A guild that gets a ton of PPT isn’t as high regarded as a guild who “wins in the open field”. Last I checked, the open field was far away from towers and things that actually gave points. Taking objectives, defending them, or winning skirmishes are all integral. It goes far beyond a guild excelling at one of them to be “the best”. For example, RG is great in the open field, but I’ve never seen them take a tower.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Dyno.9467

For taking WvW points, Iron, Kaz, EXG, GH, being biased but great organization and leadership in these guilds.

Asura – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Which ever FA guild that didn’t outnumber OG, and OG ran away from the other day.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

I would also vote RG as best in open-combat but I have not faced them (Tarnished Coast).

Personally for me it has to be HB from BG not are they the best open-combat guild in T2 they are also very good at all other aspects of WvWvW such as objectives and defense.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Maff.5180

Maff.5180

I personally remember being Golden Horde [GH] of deso being really really strong, even tho it also appears that you guys run around with 30-40 players while UvL/KdL is moving with 20-25 usually. I have not played vs RG yet but since the topic is “WvW guild”, no.
Have not seen a lot of Vizunah sadly, we hardly had problems against them except we were outnumbered by far, really far.
But looking forward to next week as well, borderlands vs GH, IRON and others

VoTF
Elementalist
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I’m pretty sure my one man guild [SS] is the most powerful guild. I’ve watched several zergs stand in fear of me in the open field, boots quaking, wondering what destruction the lone Asura facing them would rain down on them. Then they kill me.

I’ll put in a vote as a close second Agantes and [Trol]

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: Eowynna.1879

Eowynna.1879

If you are talking about a fair open field fights against even numbers (for example 30 vs 30), I would vote RG.

IRON is having a pretty good track record against RG, but I have to admit occasionally we can field superior numbers.

Eowynna – Elementalist.
The Iron Triangle [IRON] – Desolation (EU)

(edited by Eowynna.1879)

in WvW

Posted by: Inso.2195

Inso.2195

So…… is this mean an open challenge from Strike Force to RG ? quite interesting to see if that will ever happen.

Back on topic:

best on open field : Red Guard
best on organization/www points : PRX

just my 2 coppers

in WvW

Posted by: Zumos.2056

Zumos.2056

You seem to only think about points, but points don’t say anything about your skill. To get points you need to take keeps etc. When there is too much siege up there is no way any guild can kill the gate/wall without trebs. If you ask about the best skilled guild, dont talk about points pls.

Zumos
Red Guard

(edited by Zumos.2056)

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Which Guild is most Powerfuil in WvW?

Include Whole servers.

as Tactics. Persnal Skills. etc.

As others have mentioned, this question requires GvG to determine the answer. Which is frustratingly missing from a sequel game.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: Koops.6097

Koops.6097

For EU i’d say WL.

RG is by far much known and they are really good there’s no doubt about it but WL is way above in term of battle strategy. The style is maybe less impressive but the efficiency is just insane.

KAZ has proven to be really good too and i always loved fighting against them.

Koops – Fëar Morniëo [FM] – Grand Cross Alliance – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Red Guard are good, coordonated, but they play for glory.
They can crush zergs, but they never risk to get exposed, cause they want to win every battle, and that makes them weak.
I remember when they crushed with arround 25 /30 players 50 Sfr and 50 Vizunah , but they were holding 15 points on that map and SFR hold 3 keeps 1 tower and 3 camps (constantly) . And for 4-5 hours online they haven’t capped an single keep.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Noone mentioned War Machine…

This game sooo needs GvG. But we all know it won’t happen.

Till then it’s all bragging.

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Pretty sure SF has wiped vs guilds running numbers far less their number multiple times….like 15-40 differences.

in WvW

Hecksa.7140

Noone mentioned War Machine…

This game sooo needs GvG. But we all know it won’t happen.

Which is why we make it for ourselves. Not as convenient, sure, but it’s still fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Jade quary got better coverage then vizunah, they would win cause numbers.
In term of strategy, peak only ,jade quary would lose vs few Eu servers.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills