White swords effect on servers

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I wanna know what it’s like for other servers and tiers since the removal of white swords…

From what I have seen, T3 has dramatically lost a lot of players but I think that was a combination of recent changes and having T2 left overs… I know the T2 left overs annoyed a few people but I think making it harder for everyone to fight and or defend against it has finally pushed people over the edge…

I know personally, the guild I am in is a WvW guild and yet since the changes all guild chat talks about is the 3-4 different PvP parties in Que, so off that alone, WvW lost 15-20 players from a recent “small” change.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

T1 more havoc squads are running, and more guilds are setting scouts.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

So, I had quit the game some time around the colored tag fiasko. I knew what no white swords would do with my T7 server, since I spent most of my time patroling/defending, while I was playing. Just to be sure I was right and not speaking out of my kitten , I patched the game and played straight since the reset. Well. I was right. It sucks – it has become a PvE ninja train with an occasional fight here and there when zergs spot each-other.

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

T3 IOJ server. Since the patch WvW has basically died…every guild is rallying less numbers. In OCX prime we run around for hours looking for anything to fight…and when we find someone its usually 15v1..they died..rinse repeat for another few hours. The funny thing is, the other servers are rallying less as well…so its basically universal ‘well kitten this’ from everyone’. I think everyones gone to rearrange their fridge magnets instead of playing GW2.

Worst. Change. Ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

The old way of playing wvw is dead. Take those expectations, shred them like photos of your ex- and burn them in a metal bucket.

From my own experience and what i have read from others, it seems thaf if populations are equal the loss of white swords has little effect. If youre that guy fighting as the 1 against 20 you were alrdy ninja capping purposefully avoiding fights and the loss of white swords has little effect.

The greatest diasatisfaction is coming from servers who are trying to compete but not quite there. They needed that little edge and are unable to adapt quick enough. Then some blobbers who cant find any havoc groups to squash and possibly corpse dance.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonforLife.8546

DemonforLife.8546

T3 IOJ server. Since the patch WvW has basically died…every guild is rallying less numbers. In OCX prime we run around for hours looking for anything to fight…and when we find someone its usually 15v1..they died..rinse repeat for another few hours. The funny thing is, the other servers are rallying less as well…so its basically universal ‘well kitten this’ from everyone’. I think everyones gone to rearrange their fridge magnets instead of playing GW2.

Worst. Change. Ever.

aight i’m on ioj to, ever been around EU times 6pm? NNK & TFV spawncamp cause they’re bored, i don’t see zergs at EU anymore to play with so i basicly took my cheesiest solo roam build & ran out to fight people

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No. T1 is becoming more like EotM. More offense and less defense

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

T9/T8 (we got one up) europe is mixed. Those who liked to zerg and karmatrain before do it more now. Those who didn’t do zerging but like to defend still try but fail more often than not because there’s no swords and it’s hard to defend even if scouting. Those who play havoc, have a harder time to find fights.

So all in, removing white swords promotes karmatraining more than anything else.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Currently T4..

I’ve found more smaller groups trying to take things which brought out more smaller fights. If your definition of scouting are standing in a tower you are doing it wrong. If your server is greatly outnumbered swords or not it doesn’t matter.

I’m smart enough to know that if no one sees me I can solo recap a tower after the k-train takes it. Been doing it way before this test event.

If this test event just brought out more K-Training on your server, well sorry to say but sounds to me your server is just a K-Train server to begin with. Sounds to me your server lacks decent roamers and scouters.

Let me guess.. Before this change you all stack on a commander and run around taking things while reacting to white swords on the map? Now with no white swords your stuff gets constantly flipped? YUP K-train server. Break out of your zerg for once..

Its a test event not a change. If you leave because of a TEST event well then EXPECT NO CHANGES ever to be made to WvW.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

If this test event just brought out more K-Training on your server, well sorry to say but sounds to me your server is just a K-Train server to begin with. Sounds to me your server lacks decent roamers and scouters.

Let me guess.. Before this change you all stack on a commander and run around taking things while reacting to white swords on the map? Now with no white swords your stuff gets constantly flipped? YUP K-train server. Break out of your zerg for once..

Erm, no not really… I is on IOJ in [DOLO], and before the change we were only using white swords for fights… As for stacking on a commander… LOL, what commanders haha

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

briggah.7910

Erm, no not really… I is on IOJ in [DOLO], and before the change we were only using white swords for fights… As for stacking on a commander… LOL, what commanders haha

Well we fought IoJ the week before this no white sword thing and I can tell you I solo/duo’ed a few of your towers when swords were in play. I did it to bring out fights which never came.. Like I said lack of scouts and roamers as far as I can see.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

DemonforLife.8546

Well we fought IoJ the week before this no white sword thing and I can tell you I solo/duo’ed a few of your towers when swords were in play. I did it to bring out fights which never came.. Like I said lack of scouts and roamers as far as I can see.

during what time zones, EU is dead i am 1 of the few eb EU roamers ioj has, NA is mostly active ( no idea about SEA or OCX)

in WvW

briggah.7910

during what time zones, EU is dead i am 1 of the few eb EU roamers ioj has, NA is mostly active ( no idea about SEA or OCX)

I’m from east coast NA.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

DemonforLife.8546

I’m from east coast NA.

well they i have no clue, but i gotto admit our wvw has been dead except for guild rallies

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

This used to be my GW2 experience scouting the map before the removal of white swords:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/p1UaLWO.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jKk5Q8s.jpg[/img]

Now I’m actively tailing havoc groups/zergs, picking off stragglers, sniping their tails, communicating much more with people on the map, kitten people off because I keep following them… they get kittened off and leave more often lately.

Of course, majority (maybe 99%) don’t agree with how this works because they don’t like to do active scouting. But my wvw has gotten better lately.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

This used to be my GW2 experience scouting the map before the removal of white swords:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/p1UaLWO.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jKk5Q8s.jpg[/img]

Now I’m actively tailing havoc groups/zergs, picking off stragglers, sniping their tails, communicating much more with people on the map, kitten people off because I keep following them… they get kittened off and leave more often lately.

Of course, majority (maybe 99%) don’t agree with how this works because they don’t like to do active scouting. But my wvw has gotten better lately.

+1

Had the same experience as you.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

I’m mostly OCX, but I changed servers shortly after I made my post… And being on a more populated server I don’t even notice the white swords change, people were everywhere…

Even watched a [FUN] v [AIM] GvG which was awsome

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

No. T1 is becoming more like EotM. More offense and less defense

I guess I miss the times of day that happens, because while I am online JQ sets scouts in any map our main force aint on. (To recall our force to defend places.)

JQ doesn’t seem to be any more offense focused then it ever has, just I think the smaller havoc squads aren’t being pushed off by BG/TC as much as they had been in the past. (Which would seem like more offense was placed since 5man groups and even solo roamers can flip objective much easier now than before.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Truth be told, IOJ WVW population is pretty sparse, spare a few dedicated guilds who normally work in EB.

I’ve read complaints about IOJ “hiding in their towers” but in reality those towers are probably empty save 4-5 people patrolling in the BL.

At least with white swords, those 4-5 people could run and attempt a defense with siege while the EB float team moved over to defend (ending in the cherished group vs group fight)

Now without white swords, the 4-5 roamers have to see what flips and go flip it back or try to organize into a single group to flip it or wait for a zerg to show up to flip it back. (All with 5 minute wait times). Not much fighting going on with that dynamic.