Why 300 range on guard Staff 1 now?

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

They should reduce range to 150 and add destroy projectile effect.

I will flip a kittening table if they add anymore projectile hate into this game.
Its already got way more of that than any other game I can recall playing.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

300 range is mid range interm of melee attacks.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Not really, considering melee attacks are already 130 range. 300 range is still more or less point blank.

They should reduce range to 150 and add destroy projectile effect.

I will flip a kittening table if they add anymore projectile hate into this game.
Its already got way more of that than any other game I can recall playing.

~ Kovu

Something like that. It’s one of the reasons big fights have degenerated into a blob where backline and gank have blurred into a blob. Not that it wasn’t already.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

balance reasons. guardains are core to wvw. our guards run commanders/pvt gear and yet they are nearly top dps vs power reapers and beserker warriors. for it not cele revs or reapers.(a freind had dps app thing and guards were nealy always top dps)

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: James Rustler.7860

James Rustler.7860

They need to revert this change immediately. Terrible decision, makes staff completely worthless.

in WvW

Posted by: Babytater.6803

Babytater.6803

Please, please, please Anet… We all want our staff back. We don’t have a ranged weapon for WvW now :’(

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

What good is a control support weapon when you pick it only for the aa? You are going to be in their face anyways when you charge in and start aa, having even more healing and condi dmg reduction isnt half bad.

It was not used solely for the auto attack, that’s what people did in pve. In wvw guard staff actually had a purpose and was a real support weapon aside from the auto attack. Empower was great when traited with altruistic healing, orb of light for some healing, symbol of swiftness for light field/aoe damage/ and swiftness stacking, and line of warding for cc’s. The problem is the baffling nerf to the range, not the other changes.

They litterally buffed the reason you tell me here it was good and used for in wvw. And they toned down ots aa range while increasing the arc that it hits.

They made it a better support weapon. I cant see whats the issue here.

Ruining the auto attack and buffing the other skills does not make a weapon better. Do you not understand this? I was trying to explain that staff is not simply a lootstick, it actually has a purpose in wvw. What is the point now when the auto attack is ruined? It makes the rest unimportant.

Lmao. “The weapons is not a loot stick” Aa nerfed, supportive capabilities of the weapon buffed, “The weapon is useless now”

in WvW

Posted by: Pagan Highlander.5948

Pagan Highlander.5948

On the guardian, Reducing the range of the Staff from 600 to 300 Makes the Staff Worthless as a ranged weapon for a guardian. In WvW the staff is the only Method for a guardian to gain speed and thus is usually the only Ranged weapon they use. By reducing the range to 300, it makes it worthless as a ranged weapon for them as at 300, they at better off wielding a melee weapon.
In addition, with only a 300 range, they have no real ability to engage and kill enemies, or in Large moving melees. Thus we are left with the Following choices- Waste a weapon slot on an almost useless Staff to gain speed, use a scepter for ranged attacks but then are highly susceptible to sneak and gank attacks due to being far behind everyone else, or no ranged at all. Please, return the range to Guardians and give us a viable ranged weapon. At the current 300 range, you are already at melee range. its worthless.
With this change, I am better off playing a warrior or one of the light classes then a guardian. this way I either get the full benefit of melee or the full benefit of ranged attacks. as the Staff 1 attack was the only viable attack. the number 2 is still worthless, and the others attacks are negligible in terms of ranged attacks.

(edited by Pagan Highlander.5948)

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I dunno guys, i dont use staff as a ranged weapon. I use it for power up buff’s – line – and blasting orb.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

If the reason was attacking through doors, then maybe they should fix that over boonsmiting the weapon in every game mode?

Meanwhile everyone completely ignores that every other skill on the stuff got a buff…

The symbol didn’t, but that’s a nitpick.

You only get two weapon slots, which means that each weapon has to pull its weight. Staff pulled its weight because of the combination of support and being a decent ranged pressure weapon in WvW circumstances. You had the wave at medium range, and could poke with undetonated Orbs of Light and Symbol of Swiftness at 1200 range if need be. So you had two legs justifying its use – support, and ranged attack capability.

Now, the support has been buffed, but only slightly. The healing from Empower is more responsive now rather than all coming at the end, which is good, but it’s still a fairly weak heal – those initial pulses might save somebody, but it’s unlikely, and the overall heal hasn’t changed (it wasn’t unsplit). Line of Warding was always niche to pull off – a reduction recharge is nice, but nothing to scream home about. Same for the recharge reduction on detonating Orb of Light, really.

So you’ve had some fairly minor boosts to support. Meanwhile, the ranged attack capability is all but gone. 300 range is equivalent to an Elementalist’s lightning whip, and that covers a larger area, does more damage, and I’d argue that a dagger auramancer offers as much or more support than a staff guardian. You’ve still got Orb of Light and the symbol for ‘poking’, but if that’s what you’re relying on to have any offensive capability outside of range 300, you’re probably not using either for its support effects. The decreased recharge on Orb of Light doesn’t matter if you can’t afford to detonate it because it’s effectively your autoattack now.

So, to refer to that analogy of the staff having two legs justifying its use in one of your two valuable weaponsets: the changes have propped up one leg a little. While cutting off the other at the knee with an axe.

And for those people disliking projectile hate: I daresay that this will increase the amount of projectile hate into WvW. Because, on the one hand, one of the professions that previously had a ranged attack that avoided projectile hate is now gone. And on the other, once staff gets dropped like a hot potato, shield offhands might start to look rather tempting…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

our guards run commanders/pvt gear and yet they are nearly top dps

lol
that’s a problem

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

The changes are fine…
The staff was never meant to do dmg, and it still does what it is supposed to do.
Taking the other changes into account staff’s honestly overall better…

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Well gonna answer the obvious answers just to slap the pretenders crying that they lost theyr might unskilled lootstick.
600 range aoe non reflectable spammable auto
Problems:
It triggered and still triggers burning
It was abused by blobs along with gens to make sure nothing would hinder the ktrain as far gates concerned.
Could also hit people repairing walls.
It was and still is the most unskilled auto for bags during large conflicts,and people are beeing rewarded for beeing unskilled.
Now 300 range means the greedy guardian has to actually walk into threat range,thus giving the other side more room to move.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in WvW

Posted by: brainfart.3756

brainfart.3756

Please just change it back and forget about that it ever happened.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

It is a good balance change by pll actually using orbs and another weapon.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

If staff 1 skill went through walls the answer is not to limit the range of staff but to fix the code that makes walls transparent.

or increase walls :} …larger so they can actually be used by defenders and not a place for offense aoe bag farm.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: maybe.5086

maybe.5086

Positive change. So most guardians will finally discover there are skills other than staff 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Quite happy with this change. I never understood why guards were given a spam aoe that could tag everything in sight and counted as a tag in one hit. Shorter range means less tag, less loot if you just carry on spamming one and don’t use your other skills or (OMG) swap weapons during combat.

Now you need to be where you should have been to start with, next to the comm pushing through (still plenty of tagging) rather than hanging back waving your stick and being useless to the core.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Adrenalin.5719

Adrenalin.5719

Quite happy with this change. I never understood why guards were given a spam aoe that could tag everything in sight and counted as a tag in one hit. Shorter range means less tag, less loot if you just carry on spamming one and don’t use your other skills or (OMG) swap weapons during combat.

Now you need to be where you should have been to start with, next to the comm pushing through (still plenty of tagging) rather than hanging back waving your stick and being useless to the core.

no you just switch to ele or necro now and spam the aoe there, also you can still aoe spam siege as ele which guard could never do, where is the 300 range on staff ele change?

it’s an extremely lazy change if the reason was hitting through walls, making it worthless in all game modes (ok, in pvp it was worthless before that already)

same when they “fixed” teleports and made them shadowsteps, when they “fixed” superspeed dashes and made all dashes clunky because of that

it’s always lazy

LAZY

never change something fundamental, like making stuff auto a projectile, just break something into pieces until you have something new you can pretend to work on

fanboy | A passionate fan of elements of geek culture, letting his passion override social graces
and common sense.

(edited by Adrenalin.5719)

in WvW

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Oh no. Guardians won’t be able to tag everything with their staff now. Poor Guardians, Kappa. (Lol)

in WvW

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

My guess is that the change in range was long due. They must have analysed loot split over classes and guards propably dominated. Another guess is that they may want reduce server load and thus skill lag generated by staff 1 spam hitting 80 players all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Dagger.2035

Dagger.2035

I feel like most of the people applauding this change must play Ranger, Engineer, Mesmer, or Thief. They are just happy to see one of the core zerging professions get nerfed regardless of whether or not the change is good.

I main Thief and quit bringing it to zerg fights a long time ago. Get out there and try out some other professions instead of posting guardian hate. I’ve played all of them and each has there strengths and weaknesses.

If you favorite profession isn’t great in WvW it isn’t the fault of other players/professions, the developers should be creating more competitive elite specs.

Human Thief [DOA]
Sorrows Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Mew.7386

Mew.7386

Good changes. Those who complain should now start learning how to tag and actually play WvW instead of just brainless WSAD+1111111111111111111111

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

It is a good balance change by pll actually using orbs and another weapon.

Orb skill and detonation was always the guardian auto atack xD

in WvW

Posted by: trailofsalt.6571

trailofsalt.6571

It is amazing how lazy players get when they are comfortable with an easy style of play and that style of play is finally tuned up to require a little (and yes I do mean little) bit of work. As I mentioned on another fellow’s post, I am sorry if I sound a tad salty but I just can’t believe what I read anymore.

I can believe that this type of atmosphere is why ArenaNet is losing competitive PvP players.

I smash “1” for greatness… (òÓ,)

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

It is amazing how lazy players get when they are comfortable with an easy style of play and that style of play is finally tuned up to require a little (and yes I do mean little) bit of work. As I mentioned on another fellow’s post, I am sorry if I sound a tad salty but I just can’t believe what I read anymore.

I can believe that this type of atmosphere is why ArenaNet is losing competitive PvP players.

ANet lost competitive pvp when they launched GW2, gw2 pvp was always who plays better the cheapest build..
Even listening the commentors was like it that a big hit , oh the damage, he went down fast, he is down now the other guys is down to, as much the commentors were actually decent players with a extremelly good knowledge of the game, the fast pacing gw2 gimmicks had/HAS was always a issue… to be called competitive, and classes were mostly designed to aoe spam pve as well…

That and how spvp ladders works….
Gw1 > gw2
(was simple,required individual and colective players side skills, its old but still good)

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

I feel like most of the people applauding this change must play Ranger, Engineer, Mesmer, or Thief. They are just happy to see one of the core zerging professions get nerfed regardless of whether or not the change is good.

I main Thief and quit bringing it to zerg fights a long time ago. Get out there and try out some other professions instead of posting guardian hate. I’ve played all of them and each has there strengths and weaknesses.

If you favorite profession isn’t great in WvW it isn’t the fault of other players/professions, the developers should be creating more competitive elite specs.

at the moment being I do not feel like having a proper “main” but I could poitn out top 3 character classes by playtime for me:
Ranger/Druid, Guardian, Warrior

and as someone who did managed to hammer out zerg build for all 3(4?) of them at some point I do not think that the nerf to a range of support weapon as all that bad nerf.

but then also I had a staff build taht in zerg fights was proccing AoE fires on enemy zergs every second – considering it was in times when power was the meta and no one was really expecting condi guardian people were dying hilariously fast….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

i agree with the nerf is required, because 600 is too strong. there is a reason why it was trademark as “the lootstick” of gw2. but it should be set to 380. at 300 it doesn’t connect with the surrounding, despite anet claim of an arc boost, i do not see any arc improvement while testing it against npc. unless anet widen the arc further it isn’t reliable, u can hit 4 target in a second and zero target in the next second just because u are slightly turn to the left or right. :P

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

The great loot-stick nerfed?? One less reason to come back which I’ve been debating recently.

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

It made the basic attack of the weapon practically useless.
Who will use the staff at mellee range,and why wouldn’t they be using a proper mellee weapon instead?
I’m not surprised really,imo the choices this balance team makes defy logic.
They could at least make it 425 range like the far..sorry I meant flamethrower.
It can shoot through gates and walls too.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

guard staff is a horrible weapon that is terribly outdated. I don’t know why ppl still run this.

Literally just for lootstick in WvW because it’s free ranged cleave for more bags.

Maybe people will actually dive with the tag, now, instead of just spamming 1 on heavies in the backline while dealing no damage.

What you people don’t really understand is that staff 1 wasn’t the easiest way to farm bags and stay back. DH Burn guard running scepter / ??? and longbow can do it even easier and a lot more safely from the backline.

I’m still not playing the way you think I should and if anything this nerf made it worse once more people realize how much easier burn guardian is to play :>

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

(edited by Syktek.7912)

in WvW

draxynnic.3719

It made the basic attack of the weapon practically useless.
Who will use the staff at mellee range,and why wouldn’t they be using a proper mellee weapon instead?
I’m not surprised really,imo the choices this balance team makes defy logic.
They could at least make it 425 range like the far..sorry I meant flamethrower.
It can shoot through gates and walls too.

That’s been pretty much my thought. If this change was justified at all – and I haven’t seen anything that convinces me that it was, the ‘shoot through walls’ aspect would be better fixed by making it so the attack couldn’t shoot through walls - then reducing it to the 400 or so range of other attacks with a similar theme like Flame Jet, Drake’s Breath, and so on would at least make sense. Ideally with some buff to compensate (and no, a slight increase and firing angle doesn’t count).

300 range is ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Poor zerglings.

This ^ boohoo no more no brainless press 1 for EZ loot, now they will have to actually press some other buttons.

You are assuming there is little enough lag for those buttons to work.

Good changes. Those who complain should now start learning how to tag and actually play WvW instead of just brainless WSAD+1111111111111111111111

So if they press 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 they cease being brainless?

The other skills on the loot stick are situational skills, you don’t stop in the middle of a push to use Empower, you use Line of Warding behind them, you use SoSwiftness to tag and buff your allies, orb whenever etc. You don’t just spam them all off CD. If you are playing staff well, you are using AA most of the time.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in WvW

Posted by: Zaraki Kenpachi.3172

Zaraki Kenpachi.3172

if the staff is gonna stay at 300 range the damage should have at least been buffed to match other auto attacks and plus what about the compensation from all the dps that is gonna be lost due to the range drop anet?

The change on empower and orb is good tbh but the angle on which staff 1 hits does not compensate for the range drop and from 600 straight to 300 not even 450 is just silly especially for the people who main guard

TUP – Zaraki
Commanding for Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

good change! now people will have to actually learn how to play the class

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

Because ‘you can hit through walls and gates’.

Why is this an issue now? After 5 years. All aoes can hit through gaates anyway, why is it an issue for guardians?

Exactly what I was wondering, condi engineers with flame throwers are much more effective and can hit through gates too, does this mean the flame thrower is going to be a melee weapon too?

in WvW

Lord Trejgon.2809

Why is this an issue now? After 5 years. All aoes can hit through gaates anyway, why is it an issue for guardians?

Exactly what I was wondering, condi engineers with flame throwers are much more effective and can hit through gates too, does this mean the flame thrower is going to be a melee weapon too?

except guardy’s staff is not melee wepon due to still having over a twice as much range as actuall melees [300 vs 130]

and guardian with this nerfed staff can still quite effortlessly outtag any melee class.

in WvW

draxynnic.3719

except guardy’s staff is not melee wepon due to still having over a twice as much range as actuall melees [300 vs 130]

and guardian with this nerfed staff can still quite effortlessly outtag any melee class.

300 is essentially ‘melee with reach’ range. Elementalist dagger has 300 on its shortest-ranged autoattack, and people don’t pretend that’s a ranged weapon. Sure, it means that if you’re good at kiting you can theoretically sit just outside of melee range and hit them while they can’t hit you back – however, most ‘melee’ characters will either be able to hit you anyway or quickly close the distance at that range (often both).

For most intents and purposes, 300 is melee. Melee with a polearm* rather than melee with a sword, perhaps, but melee nonetheless.

• Yes, I know GW2 doesn’t have polearms, but the analogy gets the point across.

in WvW

Lord Trejgon.2809

300 is essentially ‘melee with reach’ range. Elementalist dagger has 300 on its shortest-ranged autoattack, and people don’t pretend that’s a ranged weapon. Sure, it means that if you’re good at kiting you can theoretically sit just outside of melee range and hit them while they can’t hit you back – however, most ‘melee’ characters will either be able to hit you anyway or quickly close the distance at that range (often both).

For most intents and purposes, 300 is melee. Melee with a polearm* rather than melee with a sword, perhaps, but melee nonetheless.

• Yes, I know GW2 doesn’t have polearms, but the analogy gets the point across.

except no one I’d know ever claiemd dual daggers on ele as “melee” – all of people I know that are talkign about it are refering to it as “short range weapon” – which is not the same.

and actually it is not much easier to close the difference between 300 and 600 if the outranging guy knows his things

300 vs 1200? yeah there is some difference here – but then again most of skills to open the distance already works on the ranges of 600(+) and quite afwully lot of usable close-ins too.

bonus points for the place where guardian stuff is mostly used [and where it’s advantage over factuall melee weapons stil l shows up most] – zerg fights – there isn’t actually much telling about closing or opening distances anyway – you stick to your tag – if you have range on enemies you are supposed to attack – good for you – you don’t? well sucks to be you

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

except no one I’d know ever claiemd dual daggers on ele as “melee” – all of people I know that are talkign about it are refering to it as “short range weapon” – which is not the same.

I’m not sure any of this is relevant, staff is not and has never been a melee weapon.. What this change has done is render it completely ineffective as a weapon at all which means guards who have to run it are gimping themselves.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Sidhewyn.5819

Sidhewyn.5819

As a dedicated wvw Guard I like being support. Empower, Line of Ward, Stabs, healing as I can is the thing many Guards like. Staff is the weapon that gets that job done nerfing it was unnecessary. If anything I wished they let Guardian live up to its name and be more support oriented. Staff hit like a wet noodle compared to Hammer/GS. When in a serious fight I switch as do most guards. Staff is a shepherd’s tool for their flock. Guards help tend their parties (eg their flock). Many of us like that role and staff was part of it.

Loot? What loot? People talking like tagging and bagging 50 or 100 heavy loot bags is some sort of big deal. Wow I can get more value in pve in brainless mode. Tequatl will be a better use of time if I want “loot.” Thieves ganking everyone seems a big part of their color and I get that why is being a support Guard such a crime?

(edited by Sidhewyn.5819)

in WvW

Lord Trejgon.2809

I’m not sure any of this is relevant, staff is not and has never been a melee weapon.. What this change has done is render it completely ineffective as a weapon at all which means guards who have to run it are gimping themselves.

guy above claimed it to be melee so I answered that.

and then I frankly still disagree about staff getting “completely inneffective as a weapon at all” – it is no longer ultimate lootstick but that would be it – in zerg fights you will still be tagging most of guys, easier than any melee guy for as long as you do not get caught into situation when the dps goes from “range only” – but in those cases even with 600 range you would not be able to reach assumed targets with staff AA.

and then again – even in zerg or maybe especially in organised zerg you are not supposed to fill all the possible roles at once with one class – support specced guardians are not supposed to effortlessly outdps, dps oriented frontliners just by the merit of having so much range advantage over melees.

[especially when commanders does not distinguish guads from other heavies – in all organised groups I have seen the only command directed to specifically giardians would be “stability 1”, “stability 2” and “purge on me” [last one can be also directed to more classes as I am not exacly sure atm how much AoE purges are there in those setups… revies perhaps?] in all other cases – especially in regard to movements it’s just overal “heavies” – so “in theory” guardians are supposed to stick in same group as melee warriors and revies in which case even if the staff was actually reduced to melee range on AA they would not be loosing alot in comparision to other classes in “the bracket”

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Positive change. It isn’t 2013. Move your guardian up on tag where you can more effectively provide support, mitigate AOE damage and screen the tag.

Don’t want to offer any support to anyone now from midrange cuz, um, I cant kill from there so why would I want to support from there?

Why would I play front line and move around a whole bunch, change up my build, trash my Bifrost or keep it and only heal/defend/support with a non-melee weapon? Too much work for no loot.

Nah me and my friends just gonna switch to loot necros, loot bows, loot flame throwers, etc. Lootstick? lololololol bye bye support – its already happening as we speak!

in WvW

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

But what if they just go bye bye from game? Or quit guard and u get zero support? Will u cry then – no stab (etc support), I want my stab, I want my stab now! Wah

No loot, no support.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I play guard quite a lot, both WvW and PvE and I think this change was just completely not needed.

I tried the changed staff and basically the buffs it got to its healing / utility side are negligible from practical wide application point of view. They do next to nothing and make no difference, while the range reduction does make a huge difference to this weapon. If A-Net wanted to go this far then they should have compensated the other skills much better, instead now the utility is not worth keeping it equipped over the loss on the AA.

So we’ll end up with yet another useless or rarely used weapon on yet another class affecting quite a lot of builds.

Overall this was a bad change.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Was a really bad Nerf, I hope they undo it.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Anthony.7630

Anthony.7630

I play guard on crystal desert and i am happy with the staff change

Commanders use staff for empower speed and walls.

I use 2 handed war hammer and mace shield with either celestial armor or sentinel armor

I work for my bags by charging in with my commander melee cleaving and proving stab / aegis

I know staff was a loot stick but i dont need loot i buy gems and gold and i play to win.

Glad staff was nerfed. If you need a range weapon you can be a dragon hunter and use bow while still providing buffs

So people who use staff loot stick dont really contribute to the zergs. I rather have a necro condi bomb or ele healer than a useless guard.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Meh,

Guard staff was OP AF for the longest time. The nerf was coming someday, just pick yourselves up and move on.

Guardians are stronger than ever right now if you know where to look and not just worrying about “Tagging Mechanics”.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I’m still waiting for people to man up and say they want their easy tags back.
They buffed the support on a support weapon and lowered the range of the AA.

It’s a support weapon that was mostly used for tagging and moving.
Make an ele and spam staff AA if this change is to much for you.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Build diversity.