Why arn't people angrier?

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

A CDI for WvW was said to happen but it never materialized, why isnt there any more outrage on this? do people still care?.

I know that CDIs rarely provide much in reality but devs should not be allowed to get away with misinformation

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Most of the wvw playerbase has accepted their role in the grand scheme of things. It is our duty to toil on in terrible conditions week after week so that pvers can have more HP friday morning. If they gave us any sort of reward like tomes from badges we might get silly ideas about new maps.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Cause anger has been replace by apathy, people just do not care any more.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Most WvW players know that the CDIs are pointless PR stunts anyway and as such don’t really care either way.

That and many people just quit already they don’t care anymore.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I’m not angry, because I play the game for what it is, not what I wish it to be. I don’t make the game, or work on it, and I bought it for what it was, and still play it for what it is. If the game takes a direction I don’t like, then I stop playing. It’s not like this game is my life, and my livelihood depends on it.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

It’s an ongoing process, and for now, it’s not terrible.

In fact, it’s the best type of game mode like this in existence at the moment. That will change in a year or two, but for now, it’s good.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

All the angry people are banned

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Anger gets you suspended and placed on a posting spam list.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s an ongoing process, and for now, it’s not terrible.

In fact, it’s the best type of game mode like this in existence at the moment.

Purely in terms of RvR its not.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

What will getting angry accomplish?

ANet has proven for almost 2 years straight now, that they will do what they want, when they want with this game, for all playstyle modes, regardless of customer experience and customer feedback/suggestions/testing.

It is their game, and they do get to do what they want.

Accept, tolerate or vote with your feet/wallet are the choices left to customers in response.

I would post more, but again, there’s no point.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

If I log into WvW these days I get the feeling the great majority of players has left to either join a different server or quit the game.

Most often though people join a different server, realize it doesn’t change much n quit.

So yeah, I think not enough people are left to complain.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

No point getting angry. There is nothing u can replace WvWvW with right now. Folks from ESO have come back with bad reviews of it. Wildstar is not a DAOC replacement.

The only thing is when CU comes out and it allows casual players to enjoy 3 sided warfare then we shall see.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Pure subscription based MMO’s are a dead end, the recent ones have all gone f2p.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

ANet has proven for almost 2 years straight now, that they will do what they want, when they want with this game, for all playstyle modes, regardless of customer experience and customer feedback/suggestions/testing.

Accept, tolerate or vote with your feet/wallet are the choices left to customers in response.

Ironically, people bought this game because Anet did what they wanted to when they developed it. Somehow, people feel empowered because they play the game, and believe they should be able to dictate what the company that makes the game is doing.

We live in such an entitled society, and the reality is, no one is entitled to jack kitten in life.

Anet has to consider a lot of factors when they alter the game, not just 1 persons views. They do research, they pay attention to what is already popular in the game, they listen to people, etc. Also, whether the WvW team wants to do something or not, they have to get approval from people above them, who might not even play the game. And, in the end, it all goes back to NC Soft, who published and funded the game.

So, yeah, people can get angry, people can cry, but they should just take a business class, and maybe some game development classes, or read some articles on www.gamasutra.com about how the game industry is ran. It is always easy to be an arm chair developer, but the actual process is anything but easy.

Enjoy the game for what it is, and what you bought it for. You didn’t buy GW2 when it came out, to boss around the developers, and to make them bow down to you. No one buys a single player game, or a console / PC shooter, to boss around the company that makes those games.

Get real people. If you don’t like the game, if it is really causing you this much unhappiness, then play something else. It isn’t a job (unless you are a gold farmer), it is entertainment. If I am watching a crappy movie, I just stop it and try a different movie.

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

I don’t think it’s entitlement so much as customers complaining about the product. That’s an important part of the feedback process, though sure some people are unrealistic.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Ironically, people bought this game because Anet did what they wanted to when they developed it. Somehow, people feel empowered because they play the game, and believe they should be able to dictate what the company that makes the game is doing.

We live in such an entitled society, and the reality is, no one is entitled to jack kitten in life.

Anet has to consider a lot of factors when they alter the game, not just 1 persons views. They do research, they pay attention to what is already popular in the game, they listen to people, etc. Also, whether the WvW team wants to do something or not, they have to get approval from people above them, who might not even play the game. And, in the end, it all goes back to NC Soft, who published and funded the game.

So, yeah, people can get angry, people can cry, but they should just take a business class, and maybe some game development classes, or read some articles on www.gamasutra.com about how the game industry is ran. It is always easy to be an arm chair developer, but the actual process is anything but easy.

Enjoy the game for what it is, and what you bought it for. You didn’t buy GW2 when it came out, to boss around the developers, and to make them bow down to you. No one buys a single player game, or a console / PC shooter, to boss around the company that makes those games.

Get real people. If you don’t like the game, if it is really causing you this much unhappiness, then play something else. It isn’t a job (unless you are a gold farmer), it is entertainment. If I am watching a crappy movie, I just stop it and try a different movie.

The key sentence in your post is this:

“And, in the end, it all goes back to NC Soft, who published and funded the game.”

I agree we shouldn’t be harshing on the devs. We should be harshing on the executives and NCSoft. I’m sure the devs would love to have all the resources necessary to continuously make changes and improve their baby. But as you said, its the game industry, and NCSoft is in it to make a profit. Not put out a good game.

Gone are the days where the customer is always right. We’re in the era of the customer doesn’t matter because they’re always more customers – billions of them. (Witness the China release).

That’s why I like the kickstarter idea. Get away from the corporate greed and use talent to actually create something. Not just make a “product”.

GW1 at this point had a whole new game out – the expansion Factions. A whole new world. And in GW2 we can’t even get one map?

Plain and simple, the game designers and devs do not have the necessary resources to do what the players want. And its the fault of the corporate mentality and the executives who hold the purse strings.

And people aren’t angrier because they’re apathetic and realize that there’s no point. The corporate power is insurmountable. So why bother. Or they’ve quit already.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I care about 2 things. Rangers and wvw cdi. And what happened? Nothing. There is no 2 way communication.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

A CDI for WvW was said to happen but it never materialized, why isnt there any more outrage on this? do people still care?.

I know that CDIs rarely provide much in reality but devs should not be allowed to get away with misinformation

Probably because nothing really came out of the last WvW CDI (or much out of any CDI). Not even so much as a “we’re looking into X”.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I care about 2 things. Rangers and wvw cdi. And what happened? Nothing. There is no 2 way communication.

Lets all be real here. Nobody cares about rangers.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

inb4 my post is the 1st response cuz everyone else gets banned/deleted for being angry

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Yes, it’s business. It’s management, it’s marketing, it’s vision. And it’s about the development process.

And it’s about the customer, without whom none of the above matters.

Balance.

See my posts here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-happened-to-my-way/page/2#post4046490

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Because WvW players don’t care anymore.. they log in, do their rounds as is obligatory for their guild/server and then go back to other games that do fill that hole in their soul that WvW has created over the last 2 years. ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

I believe that most wvw players come from a background of previous mmo’s with their emphasis towards PvP, RvR or whatever. They/we have been around this kind of game style for years and possess a grand amount of experience which I think would blend into a really nice mix of thigs if they just listened to what was suggested, instead Anet declare that they just ignore anything They don’t see fit. If they had the same experience they’d know what the playerbase would like to see, all fluff with spelleffects n such is secondary to the experience of fighting your enemy on an equal level, be it on low end machines or high end.

A good fight isn’t decided on how many flares or gfx BS comes outta yer gun/weapon it’s much more simple then that. I have to say that the intention was good from the start but then the limitations set in and this is how it all ended up, fluff n bad fights.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Angry at what? That I didn’t get my money and a good deal of fun out of a game I’ve played for literally thousands of hours over 2 years? I can’t say that. 60 measly bucks for 2 yrs worth of fun…quite a deal, imo.

I don’t think WvW is broken. I might not agree with some of the aspects of it…but all in all, I’m still having fun.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

why rage when you can dance with flappy ears?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Why arn’t people angrier?

Please see my signature, hopefully that will answer your question.

P.S. Everything is awesome!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

(edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054)

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Most of wvw people i found in wvw maps were there becouse of tower farming. Of couse none is angrier if the same crappy mechanic is still there.
A nice start would be fixing what we have, from commander/s system to defence (system). guild’s involving etc.
Maybe turning eotm into a regular wvw map stopping the pve teasing, i don’t know.
Hell, this is wvw not pve, but seems devs still dont understand the difference.

People just gave up.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

At this point, people are leaving instead of whining at the devs.

They’ve had CDI’s they’ve introduced back end fixes to some of the glaring issues, and have had 0 new content that affects WvW (Not counting EoTM, as it has minimal affect on WvW in general, it’s primarily there to keep people stuck in queues busy).

If I were not in a guild that kept the game fun, I would have stopped playing this game months ago because of the lack of front end development that WvW receives.

There’s no real way to know how much streamlining of the server and client side stuff they’ve done to reduce lag and other glitches, but at the end of the day players expect the game developers to make the game “playable” so most folks wouldn’t count streamlining as a change to WvW…

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

Because all accounts voicing dissenting opinions were banned from these official forums.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Because ANet has worn us down… WvW players expect little and many have no hope of any substantial changes coming.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Because Anet only cares about filling their big fat wallet and doesn’t give a rats anus about WvW.

Gw2 is a PvE game and people have resigned themselves to this fact now and already left the game or are ready to leave.

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

At this point, people are leaving instead of whining at the devs.

They’ve had CDI’s they’ve introduced back end fixes to some of the glaring issues, and have had 0 new content that affects WvW (Not counting EoTM, as it has minimal affect on WvW in general, it’s primarily there to keep people stuck in queues busy).

If I were not in a guild that kept the game fun, I would have stopped playing this game months ago because of the lack of front end development that WvW receives.

There’s no real way to know how much streamlining of the server and client side stuff they’ve done to reduce lag and other glitches, but at the end of the day players expect the game developers to make the game “playable” so most folks wouldn’t count streamlining as a change to WvW…

lunchcheck

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Here’s the deal, NCSoft has struck out with so many titles. They would have filed Chapter 11 a decade ago if it wasn’t for the strong Korean support for the Lineage series.

The only other series that have black in their book, Guild Wars. Lineage 1 and 2 are dead games, and Guild Wars is still active.

Now that they released Wildstar on the back of GW2 profits and released the Chinese version; isn’t it time to keep the lone money-making product in good favor?

Come out with a full expansion. Put in GvG, massive new maps, new weapons and races, and go ahead and charge me for it. The money I’ve spent on the Steam sale alone (all to keep from being bored while waiting for new content and in between raids) would equal the cost of a $40-$60 expansion.

Teaspoon bits of LS and no PvP/WvW support is not going to keep our interest much longer.

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

Given the tendency of any post on tournaments to devolve into a matchup discussion, I can’t say I blame them for not having a tournament CDI after all. I also don’t really see what the point would be.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Yeah, I think people were forgetting that the CDI they discussed, wasn’t going to be an open CDI on WvW, but rather a CDI on Seasons/Tournaments. Even if they posted it today, it wouldn’t be what you wanted to see, unless you’ve got some firey opinions about seasons.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Because we all know the result of these CDI threads are nothing. This isn’t even a troll, why would we care about another CDI when were still asking for things from the first couple ?

CDI’s are only meant to be a smoke screen to settle the community down by suggesting that the Dev’s actually listen to us, the reality is, they don’t listen and don’t care. They will continue to implement things we don’t need or want while ignoring the things we do need and want.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

People aren’t angrier any more because 1. any post expressing an adverse opinion about Anet is deleted and the poster is infracted (then banned for longer periods of time) and 2. because after a while they realise there is no point in their expressing their anger and they either quit the game or play it a lot less until something else comes along.

Hence why the forums feel so luuvvy-dovey:p

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

My anger has turned to sadness tbh. I just accept that Anet doesn’t like WvW and doesn’t want to give us decent loot.

Look at how PvP gets a nice reward track
Look at how Fractals gives ascended rings and stuff like that with ease.

And look at how, after 1300 WvW ranks I’ve gained, I’ve only obtained ONE ascended armor chest, and it was cleric stats (that I’ll never use for starters) and a couple Lucce Seal rings that I also will never use cause the stats are lame.

I have 42k badges of honor now, and there’s nothing decent to spend them on. How hard would it be for anet to give us a unique set of armor, like branded armor or destroyer armor for example, exclusive to WvW?

I give up suggesting things to them. They just won’t listen to us. We need to accept that they don’t care about WvW and just move on as we always have.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

I agree we shouldn’t be harshing on the devs. We should be harshing on the executives and NCSoft. I’m sure the devs would love to have all the resources necessary to continuously make changes and improve their baby. But as you said, its the game industry, and NCSoft is in it to make a profit. Not put out a good game.

Gone are the days where the customer is always right. We’re in the era of the customer doesn’t matter because they’re always more customers – billions of them. (Witness the China release).

That’s why I like the kickstarter idea. Get away from the corporate greed and use talent to actually create something. Not just make a “product”.

This isn’t the service industry, the customer can’t always be right when you’re selling the same product to people who have differing ideas of what needs to be changed & added.

Kickstarter does not guarantee a good game, the final product may not reflect what was originally promised, or the game may never even be finished. What Kickstarter does is allow a niche audience to directly support a more niche product that may, key word may, resonate with said audience. I don’t think crowd funding will work well with a large scale broad MMORPG.

in WvW

Posted by: Gigiobalt.7625

Gigiobalt.7625

Lets all be real here. Nobody cares about rangers.

That was the best thing said on this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

When Devs promise to do a WvW cdi or anything in game to support their players they should be held accountable in some way for providing that wrong information or outright lying, many people saw the livesteam waited for the Cdi they were told to expect.

Regardless if the Cdi is pointless or its just some weird PR stuff, this intentional deception or misinformation should be addressed.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

anet failed to deliver a lot of what they promised, why should anyone be surprised.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I’m not angry, because I play the game for what it is, not what I wish it to be. I don’t make the game, or work on it, and I bought it for what it was, and still play it for what it is. If the game takes a direction I don’t like, then I stop playing. It’s not like this game is my life, and my livelihood depends on it.

+1

I have a blast in WvW in its current form. That’s not to say I wouldn’t appreciate some improvements, but I’m still having fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

I thought it was just us in the PvP community who felt ignored, but I guess it’s all the game modes?

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

The difference between a movie and a video game, however, is the latter has the potential to evolve in response to player feedback (ostensibly becoming a better game). If you don’t like how a movie ends, there’s nothing that can be done about it; it’s a static medium which, once in the “can”, is done with (until they release the director’s cut 20 years later, of course).

A video game, by contrast, can be changed to better meet the expectations and desires of the client base. Players know this. Thus, when there is little substantive improvement to what are repeatedly pointed out as shortcomings of the video game, the player base becomes understandably irate. Not because of a sense of entitlement, but because they know there is untapped potential that wouldn’t be going to waste if the developers would only listen to their customers.

The trick, of course, is how to improve the game (benefiting the players) while justifying the effort put into those improvements by figuring out how to increase profits (benefiting the developer). You can’t have one without the other. Currently, ArenaNet is content with the status quo; they make their money from server transfers and see no need to fix anything because – from their standpoint – “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

This situation will change when either:

A) They see a significant enough drop in player hours spent in WvW that they become motivated to make changes to salvage their revenue stream from this game mode. This happens on its own without anyone needing to make any special efforts above and beyond the norm. Unfortunately, this is a knee-jerk, crisis mode type of response which usually comes too late to save the game.

B) They can be convinced that they can make even more profit than their current monetization method if they were to make improvements to WvW. This is an incredibly hard sell to make to a developer; put in the hours to improve the game in accordance with players’ wishes and maybe they’ll see more money from it. Would you work an extra 20 hours a week if your boss said maybe at the end of the month you’ll be paid a bonus for that extra work? Same concept.

Understand, I’m not defending ArenaNet. I’m firmly in the camp that believes WvW has a lot of potential going to waste and would like to see much more effort poured into improving it. However, given the financial realities behind the scenes, I no longer hold out much hope of that ever happening.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Even more than the CDIgnorance, I was depressed because of the always-same topics that pop up here and that never get addressed by the devs.
Just look at the front page, and go back 5 pages or 50 pages. It always the same issues that have never been addressed, not once since launch.
It was like groundhog day in the days when I visited these forums almost daily. Reading the WvW forums alone is intense masochism (not to mention staying with this game).

The icing on the cake is that the only kind of discussion that doesn’t constantly repeat, which is WvWing talk (not even concrete XvsYvsZ matchup threads but general chat) was banned!

It’s not a surprise people get tired of it eventually.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

People are angry when they care and when they think there’s a hope for the future.

At this point most have already given up.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I can’t be bothered to get angry about this kind of stuff anymore, personally I’ve burned out so many times or got bored.
I’ve tried to stay positive about the future of this game, WvW and my Server but PVE get’s more love it seems.

We’ve all tried our best to give constructive feedback, but to no avail.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

No point getting angry. There is nothing u can replace WvWvW with right now. Folks from ESO have come back with bad reviews of it. Wildstar is not a DAOC replacement.

The only thing is when CU comes out and it allows casual players to enjoy 3 sided warfare then we shall see.

Could not agree more. I actually reinstalled DaoC a few weeks ago just for the heck of it, and geez, it is not at all like my ‘nostalgia’ remembers it. Absurd crowd control, slow(and I mean sllllooooowwww compared to GW2…..even guardians seem to suddenly be world class sprinters compared to DaoC), and the graphics are just so subpar.

Funny thing is, except for the absurd crowd control(I will always remember how long stuns and such could last in that game…lol)…I seem to remember DaoC just being a glorious game that I truly loved, until the population dropped off the edge of the map. After having returned to it for a short bit, it’s amazing how one’s nostalgia can put rose colored glasses on everything.

And I tried ESO……bleh….wasn’t impressed….I would rather play the Elder Scrolls single player games.

So yea, I would agree that GW2 has the best WvW at the moment. Hopefully they will improve it down the road,(I am not holding my breath on that, as it’s obvious WvW is way down the ladder on Anet’s priority list) or some other game will come out that has some really rockin’ WvW.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Can’t be bothered to get angry about this anymore, personally I’ve burned out so many times or got bored. We’ve all tried our best to give constructive feedback, but to no avail.

This X1000000000000000

was that 15 0s?