Why can we not pick up loot dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

This picture says everything. That chest is not from the claimer and I haven’t got a chance in hell to get it back.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

So lets do a test…we need a dead thing and a object for it to pick up. What were going to do is ask the dead thing to pick up the object and see what happens…

But really, don’t die…it makes it easier…

But seriously, I know right! I’m with it you, it sucks when you die and can’t get your lootz.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Aoe loot button keyed helps, spam that as you are going down.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Seriously ? Next will be like… “why cant i kill stuff while im dead?”

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Dude just spam your AoE loot button while fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I guess the intention of the developers is to create a risk for obtaining that loot.
Then again, if it despawns what would be the point?

If that is not the intention then make everyone autoloot.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

1. spam AOE loot.
2. WP as soon as you die if you think your side will lose so that any subsequent loot drops can be picked up.

in WvW

Posted by: Fast Asleep.8475

Fast Asleep.8475

You already get rewarded for losing stuff in wvw and now people want to get their loot for dying too…

Gunnars Hold [Chvc]

in WvW

Posted by: Byega.4215

Byega.4215

ahah Ele can loot when they do the downed skill #2 :p
maybe warrior under vengeance can do it too

80 Human Elementalist – Dagger/Focus

Last fair fight before Orbageddon was against Itkoviana

in WvW

Florgknight.1589

That appeared after I died. I was one of the last ones alive. If I got loot while downed I would’ve rallied, but it appeared after I died. Also our spawn is on hillsside.

in WvW

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

That appeared after I died. I was one of the last ones alive. If I got loot while downed I would’ve rallied, but it appeared after I died. Also our spawn is on hillsside.

Use the waypoint faster It will spawn underneath you even when you’re on the other side of the map.

The problem with spamming it, is that you always STOP midrun while attacking the zerg to do the finisher motion. This has got to be the most annoying thing in the world. I’ve actually stopped looting during zergs to avoid this and just run back whenever the fight is over.

Tough luck if the fight is in a keep and you lose it though.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Use the waypoint faster It will spawn underneath you even when you’re on the other side of the map.

The problem with spamming it, is that you always STOP midrun while attacking the zerg to do the finisher motion. This has got to be the most annoying thing in the world. I’ve actually stopped looting during zergs to avoid this and just run back whenever the fight is over.

What? You mean like stooping to pick it up? Mine doesn’t do that. It just loots and puts it into bags. There’s a function in options to set that up as well as hot key it. Regular F looting will do the animation though.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I currently have my AoE loot binded on shift and utility skills from 7-0 binded to shift+2-5. That way I automatically pick up any loot out there. I also keep spamming shift just incase. :P

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Why do we even need to pick up loot? There should be an option for it to go straight to the inventory.

Nothing like running back to get a bag that had 3 copper in it.

in WvW

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

What? You mean like stooping to pick it up? Mine doesn’t do that. It just loots and puts it into bags. There’s a function in options to set that up as well as hot key it. Regular F looting will do the animation though.

No, he means that dead allies are scattered around in zerg vs zerg fights, so you could find yourself start healing an ally. And joy of joys, I’ve even had skill lag apply to my ability to interrupt my healing process, so I was stuck over a body as a few enjoyed the free kill.

Personally I see zero reason to not have an auto loot function. It’s not a realism system, just a nuisance… pressing “F” does not add "F"un to the system. Now this would not resolve bag spawns while dead, but really I’m fine with that being as punishment for dying… it’s just the punishment of losing already earned loot as I prioritized actual fighting over spamming the function key.

in WvW

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Respawn quicker all the tags you land as you’re valiantly moshing about will be around your feet at the WP (assuming the guys you tagged die).

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Respawn quicker all the tags you land as you’re valiantly moshing about will be around your feet at the WP (assuming the guys you tagged die).

.I have had up to five bags appear at WP after I respawned during a zerg fest…

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: derneue.3624

derneue.3624

I had the same problem – spamming ‘F’ resulted in unwanted finishing, rezzing, banner pickup… until I found out that there are two actions bindable in options: “Interact” (default ‘F’) and “Area loot” (default not bound to any key). Latter will only loot, but not rezz, finish, pickup.

in WvW

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Because you are dead. You missed your chance. Too bad for you. Try staying alive. You failed. No rewards for failure.

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

They should change it. I know about it and I often press F while fighting. Still it is annoying because sometimes you pick up banners and other stuff(and I don’t want to make AoE loot on another button – please just let us bind the pick up banner key to another button! this is less needed and I’m used to that F which I need all the time for looting).

So most of the time it is only 1 loot bag when I die and shortly after me someone I tagged gets killed.

And there is no reason not to change it: If you just respawn then the bag is at respawn if someone gets killed after you respawned there. So there is no reason to make it harder to pick stuff up cause it usually is easy and the gameplay is not meant to make it hard(it’s not “try walking into a keep the enemy took from you to get your loot” game mode). Now please don’t let it automatically spawn at the spawn – someone might still ress you. Just let us usa AoE loot while we are dead.

And yes: Finishers also are annoying. Need more keybinds. I never want to finish in zerg fight. Just dps the downd guy and also kill some rezzer with AoE.

Also please: Finally change the icons of downed and dead of your own team or some other marker or something that needs to be added. On minimap you easily can see if someone downed or dead. In a big zerg fight if it gets laggy and much AoE you always need to look if there is there is animation and the guy still alive(and I only want to ress downed). But I think we already had other topics about this that are on page 1000+ in this forums.

(edited by Luthan.5236)

in WvW

Posted by: derneue.3624

derneue.3624

Then just bind “interact” to something else and “aoe loot” to ‘f’.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

They should change it. I know about it and I often press F while fighting. Still it is annoying because sometimes you pick up banners and other stuff(and I don’t want to make AoE loot on another button – please just let us bind the pick up banner key to another button! this is less needed and I’m used to that F which I need all the time for looting).

So most of the time it is only 1 loot bag when I die and shortly after me someone I tagged gets killed.

And there is no reason not to change it: If you just respawn then the bag is at respawn if someone gets killed after you respawned there. So there is no reason to make it harder to pick stuff up cause it usually is easy and the gameplay is not meant to make it hard(it’s not “try walking into a keep the enemy took from you to get your loot” game mode). Now please don’t let it automatically spawn at the spawn – someone might still ress you. Just let us usa AoE loot while we are dead.

And yes: Finishers also are annoying. Need more keybinds. I never want to finish in zerg fight. Just dps the downd guy and also kill some rezzer with AoE.

Also please: Finally change the icons of downed and dead of your own team or some other marker or something that needs to be added. On minimap you easily can see if someone downed or dead. In a big zerg fight if it gets laggy and much AoE you always need to look if there is there is animation and the guy still alive(and I only want to ress downed). But I think we already had other topics about this that are on page 1000+ in this forums.

Yes please ! I also want to still able to kill ppl when im dead, it’s so annoying to die !!

Also, please ress me ! I know i’m at 30 seconds from the spawn and you need all people to help, but i’m too lazy for it, i’ll just wait and hope my zerg will ress me FFFFFFFF

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Lol, you are dead. Of course you do not get to pick up loot. I dont even understand how you came up with this.

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I still want to talk to NPCs with F. I can’t find the option to only bind ress or pick up banner stuff to another key. Where is this option?

Edit: Also it is funny to see how people argue against. I lol’d when I read people writing “ofc not you are dead” but when I’m dead and respawn I still get the loot ported to me. Maye they should remove this as well? Not very realistic to have loot appear next to you. Should be real corpses like in PvE then.

in WvW

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

I try my utmost to never sound like an elitist kittenbag, but this thread subject just screams “casual WvW player”.

You’ve never been able to pick up your loot in WvW while dead. That you’re making this topic now is clearly because you’ve never had an issue with it until it actually affected you, which is to say: now that you’ve made your first foray into WvW to get the achievement points for the season.

My advice: invest in some tank gear and don’t just hang around in a defeated state. Hanging around dead is especially stupid if you’re fighting for SMC! Waypoint back to the closest point and run back to help hold/take the castle, don’t sit there and whine that your precious bags are beyond your reach. The serious players you’re leeching off have no intention of halting their attack just to resurrect you.

And people wonder why the players who know how to play competitively and win in the WvW match-ups are kitten ed that individuals like OP have flooded the loading queues…

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

When you die, you can’t take it with you.

Get used to it.

in WvW

Florgknight.1589

I try my utmost to never sound like an elitist kittenbag, but this thread subject just screams “casual WvW player”.

You’ve never been able to pick up your loot in WvW while dead. That you’re making this topic now is clearly because you’ve never had an issue with it until it actually affected you, which is to say: now that you’ve made your first foray into WvW to get the achievement points for the season.

My advice: invest in some tank gear and don’t just hang around in a defeated state. Hanging around dead is especially stupid if you’re fighting for SMC! Waypoint back to the closest point and run back to help hold/take the castle, don’t sit there and whine that your precious bags are beyond your reach. The serious players you’re leeching off have no intention of halting their attack just to resurrect you.

And people wonder why the players who know how to play competitively and win in the WvW match-ups are kitten ed that individuals like OP have flooded the loading queues…

Well alright. Just going to leave this here.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

FINISH HIM! Oh wait, you already did.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yea we should be able to get the items even if we die.

by not being able to do so, it discourages people from doing crazy suicidal sacrificial tactics.

instead it encourages people playing safe which sucks.

also, please make it auto loot.

in WvW

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I still want to talk to NPCs with F. I can’t find the option to only bind ress or pick up banner stuff to another key. Where is this option?

Edit: Also it is funny to see how people argue against. I lol’d when I read people writing “ofc not you are dead” but when I’m dead and respawn I still get the loot ported to me. Maye they should remove this as well? Not very realistic to have loot appear next to you. Should be real corpses like in PvE then.

Bind AoE loot to Shift + F and spam it all day if you want to use F to interact and you also want to loot without grabbing banners.