Why does BG always zerg? Here's why.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Transfer to a lower tier. Seriously. No, really.

Did that, and same thing happens… You finally encounter somewhat of a fair fight in a lower tier server and it still happens (people on lower tier servers still ‘call for help’ against the OP roaming spec).

So I grew tired looking for fights and just transferred back to T1 for more action overall. You lose nothing but a couple of silver for dying after all. And you can join the blob for major defense/major assaults all day long.

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

OP I hear you. BG is actually the least “blobby” in tier 1.

lie / cry more please.

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

The wvw scene has gotten a lot more blobby again and it’s because a lot of the peeps that normally like to run smaller numbers have been looking at other games…. Like wildstar, battlefield4, ect…

A lot of people showed up late to wvw and roaming. It’s been dead for a long time. Funny to see the bg roamers in spvp, late to that as well.

I’d like to be stream sniped in bf4, could you make this happen. I got this feeling riot and opp are fail with guns.

Also since we got people complaining about blobs ill link my video killing them from bg and SOR

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

(edited by Mindtrick.5190)

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

If only it were free to transfer to tier 8. I get lots of 1v1’s 2v2’s etc on Devonas Rest. Our server doesn’t have the numbers to win a match against anybody. So its gotten to the point we play to have fun. We blob our amazing 20-30 man super blob at primtime and other than that its lots of small scale fighting. Some of you guys might really enjoy it here.

in WvW

Mindtrick.5190

If only it were free to transfer to tier 8. I get lots of 1v1’s 2v2’s etc on Devonas Rest. Our server doesn’t have the numbers to win a match against anybody. So its gotten to the point we play to have fun. We blob our amazing 20-30 man super blob at primtime and other than that its lots of small scale fighting. Some of you guys might really enjoy it here.

A lot of people don’t really play for just the fights. If they’re honest they would say that they also like to win the matchup and not be on a server that loses on the forums and PR front as well. Myself I’ve transferred a lot with guild and solo. The people on bg wanting more roamers should transfer. Opp and riot are unproven on any other server than bg. What’s left bros? Tpvp and spvp?

Here is some fuel maybe it sparks something, hahaha

Got Ninja?

in WvW

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Just because you couldn’t handle being a glassy thief while your enemies were getting a little smarter did it mean that it was dead. You just didn’t get better

Also why do you want our attention so badly? I don’t think you’ve seen any of us for months but yet you’re still trying to get recognition. Just go play Battlefield4…

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

(edited by Gully.7358)

in WvW

Mindtrick.5190

You assume to much and also trait shadow arts. Why don’t you step up and transfer. Or does a Internet community mean a lot to you, defender of blackgate and all things roaming.

Got Ninja?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Off hour SEA-EU T1 is awesome. 1 30~40 man float team for 3 borderlands, 1 30~40 man zerg in EBG. SoR seems to have gotten some new guilds and players recently for SEA timezone (just saw a guild tag “BAD”. Where the hell did they come from?

Like the guy above said Crystal Desert.

That is really good news for T1. While we weren’t exactly shocked by their pretty dated tactics (lol portal bombs), man can they field numbers. Running against BAD with FEAR (staying up late?) and HIRE at the same time gave the guilds running in SoRBL a pretty tough time, since we had maybe 30 on the map at most (at the start). We had to call in some reinforcements XD

In OC time when I see Merc and Omen, whilst they may be tagless they are still in big groups, sometimes more than 30. Our OC guilds aren’t big enough to complete with that on their own.

MERC never runs with more than 20 from what I’ve seen. Omen rarely runs with more than 25 (I’ve only seen them run with 35~ish on a couple of occasions).

I think that a big part of the coverage battle is perception. BG gives off the perception that we run with huge groups, when we rarely do. Most of our guilds prefer running tagless and converging on an agreed target (to take a keep), making our zerg seem huge. Most of them would happily peel away to have a 20~ishvs20~ish fight.

I think the only guild in that timezone that fields a large zerg these days is ND, and even they have been fielding less numbers. Probably due to holidays.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Gully.7358

You assume to much and also trait shadow arts. Why don’t you step up and transfer. Or does a Internet community mean a lot to you, defender of blackgate and all things roaming.

Defender of Blackgate, I like that…

A wise man once sang, “$#@% with me, you know I got it…”

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Why? Because everyone feels the need to roam in 5-15 man groups if not in the blob.

I’m not sure what time zone you play, but me and a guildie duo roam regularly (occasionally joined by a third) and we rarely see any JQ or BG roaming smaller than 5-15.

I didn’t read your entire post or any of the other posts because I feel that every solo/duo roamer on all three servers experience the same thing. Any even fight you might start will get adds every time because of the size of the maps and the limited pathways people travel looking for action.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I roam all the time on an ele. You just have to know how to pick your fights.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

In response to something Gully said. My guldie and I actively avoid “roaming” near our spawn or on noob island because finding small fights there is impossible. Sure we may start out fighting 1 or 2 people, but it rarely stays that way for the duration. There’s almost always adds.

That said, we’ve also noticed that the maps have been pretty dead now that the leagues are over. We’re frequently outmanned during NA prime.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Posted by: camerrell.1963

camerrell.1963

OP I hear you. BG is actually the least “blobby” in tier 1.

That was a good laugh. TY.

in WvW

Gully.7358

In response to something Gully said. My guldie and I actively avoid “roaming” near our spawn or on noob island because finding small fights there is impossible. Sure we may start out fighting 1 or 2 people, but it rarely stays that way for the duration. There’s almost always adds.

That said, we’ve also noticed that the maps have been pretty dead now that the leagues are over. We’re frequently outmanned during NA prime.

We’ve had the outmanned buff quite a few times last week but I agree… ruins and the tower areas are just not good places to get fights when you’re running smaller groups. We avoid those areas as much as possible.

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Why? Because everyone feels the need to roam in 5-15 man groups if not in the blob.

I’m not sure what time zone you play, but me and a guildie duo roam regularly (occasionally joined by a third) and we rarely see any JQ or BG roaming smaller than 5-15.

I didn’t read your entire post or any of the other posts because I feel that every solo/duo roamer on all three servers experience the same thing. Any even fight you might start will get adds every time because of the size of the maps and the limited pathways people travel looking for action.

My buddy and I roam a lot and it’s increasingly frustrating trying to find a good 2v2 or 2v3 fight against SOR or JQ. It isn’t the servers either, it’s just the horrible horrible map size and pro-zerg mechanics. 90% of anything we engage ultimately ends with either 5+ joining the fight(friend or foe), the enemy zerg joining the fight, or the friendly zerg joining the fight. On all the maps there simply isn’t any place you’re going to find a good fight that isn’t at a high risk of having a zerg come running through in the next minute.

We’ve contemplated changing servers, but the fear is that the zergs we normally get hit with will turn into 5-15 man groups and the roamers we normally fight would become non-existent. I’d much rather deal with getting hit by a few zergs and having at least some roamers to kill rather than no roamers. Of course all servers are very heavy so it’s going to cost quite a bit to even test the waters.

in WvW

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Just now, having a good 1v1 with a JQ engineer for about 3 minutes. Then he brings 4 of his guildies in to kill me. That is what I’m talking about guys…

This isn’t a custom dueling arena in spvp. Wvw is broken zerging.

The sooner people realize this and ditch the game or move on the better everyone will be.

It will never get fixed.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Again, fun night running into a few small groups of JQ players that were going about in pairs and sometimes groups of 3. Again, the time frame was after 11 PM PST to about 2 AM. Yes, it’s late for us PST, but fights are smaller and the contributions we make strategically are much more meaningful. Not that we don’t mind joining up with the small zerg when defending.

/salute @ the JQ Thief trying to rez their buddy that waved back and forth with us at the N camp on BGBL. Good job, dear Sir or Madam! That was incredibly skillful. (My guildmate tried to solo that fight, and in the end, had to call for one of us help out.)

We also noticed some smaller SoR groups of about 8 to 12. Not quite the small skirmish the OP is looking for, but enjoyable for us all the same.

And as others have said, “traveling the path less taken” is the way to meet up with those mindful solo and duo roamers. At least late at night.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Just now, having a good 1v1 with a JQ engineer for about 3 minutes. Then he brings 4 of his guildies in to kill me. That is what I’m talking about guys…

This isn’t a custom dueling arena in spvp. Wvw is broken zerging.

The sooner people realize this and ditch the game or move on the better everyone will be.

It will never get fixed.

Just because you don’t like zerging, doesn’t mean it’s broken.

Zerging is just fine. You just need it in moderation. Having an 80 man zerg on one map however, is pointless and a waste of manpower, and this is the kind of zerg that the OP and many others are criticising.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

More QQing from BG. Why am I never surprised at the big bunch of QQers on BG?

WvW is all about zerging and big fights. If you dont like it, learn to hide or run from the zerg, or better yet play PvP instead, where the big bad zerg can’t find you.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

I moved from t1 (tarnished coast) to t2 Yak’s bend and it has been wonderful. I am not a big zerg player and rather do small group and roam.

T2 has been 100% fine, for me. Mileage may vary for others but there is enough zerg action that keeps and stuff change hands, but enough smaller groups and roamers that there is action there. Also not having the massive lag from the big zerg fights.

So for me, was great to move to t2.

That one person.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I moved from t1 (tarnished coast) to t2 Yak’s bend and it has been wonderful. I am not a big zerg player and rather do small group and roam.

T2 has been 100% fine, for me. Mileage may vary for others but there is enough zerg action that keeps and stuff change hands, but enough smaller groups and roamers that there is action there. Also not having the massive lag from the big zerg fights.

You’re in T3, TC is a T2 server, Yak’s bend is a T3.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

You transferred to tier 1 for 1v1 roaming?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Siobhan.3582

yup sorry, brain fart on the tiers. I do that all the time with crafting tiers and stuff. I got a mental block in all mmo’s with tiers levels
You’re in T3, TC is a T2 server, Yak’s bend is a T3.

That one person.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Dude, if its red, its dead. Not sure why roamers like to complain about getting steamrolled by larger groups. You are an easy kill so get out of the way.

If you like to duel, go to obsidian sanctum or do some spvp. On SoR, disciplined guild zergs will probably not chase small groups unless they have nothing better to do. Blobs will always have some opportunistic folks happy to get a free bag.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

More QQing from BG. Why am I never surprised at the big bunch of QQers on BG?

WvW is all about zerging and big fights. If you dont like it, learn to hide or run from the zerg, or better yet play PvP instead, where the big bad zerg can’t find you.

When we, Maguuma, fought T1 servers I think it is pretty fair to say that BG brought far more small groups to the map than SoR and JQ. SoR had a few, JQ had almost none.

WvW shouldnt just be about zerging and big fights. It should be about tactics, strategy, coordination, ambushes and ever expanding and fresh meta. Yes there will be big zergy fights, but it should also be a lot of other things, not just boring and stale meta night after night.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

WVW can be about strategy, etc. etc. However, zerging is the cheapest way to win. Cheap being you don’t have to spend much on sieges etc etc. That’s why it’s very popular.

If you plan to use tactics – you’ll have to use sieges, placements, team work etc. Not everyone is capable of working together unless your server is very disciplined and trusts each other. (rare because ppl transfer a lot – but doable in small population servers)

Also players can only focus for so long before burning out. Doing the zerg, swarming the enemy – less taxing on the brain.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Zerging/Blobbing works because the maps are too small. If the maps were 3-4 times the size, we wouldn’t see it nearly as much as we do. ANet has stated the game engine can not and will not ever support a larger map. Therefore, zergs/blobs will always be apart of this game. Get used to it.

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

Zerging/Blobbing works because the maps are too small. If the maps were 3-4 times the size, we wouldn’t see it nearly as much as we do. ANet has stated the game engine can not and will not ever support a larger map. Therefore, zergs/blobs will always be apart of this game. Get used to it.

If zerging\blobbing worked, SOR would be ranked #1. But it doesn’t work, that’s kind of the point of this thread. Blobs are great for steam rolling over smaller numbers, and causing server lag but it’s a terrible strategy for controlling a map as SOR seems unable to comprehend. JQ and BG’s smaller sized groups run circles around the SOR blob and while SOR can only take or defend one objective at a time, JQ and BG are taking the 2 or 3 other objectives left unguarded all at once. Keep it up SOR, you are just making this easy for JQ and BG.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

If zerging\blobbing worked, SOR would be ranked #1. But it doesn’t work, that’s kind of the point of this thread. Blobs are great for steam rolling over smaller numbers, and causing server lag but it’s a terrible strategy for controlling a map as SOR seems unable to comprehend.

Not really true, SoR is at a disadvantage numbers wise and are not able to field these numbers as often as BG and JQ. Coverage is still what gets you ranked #1. You can look at MOS and see SoR’s PPT spikes, it clearly shows population and coverage is the real issue. (<— for the lack of a better word)

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

If zerging\blobbing worked, SOR would be ranked #1. But it doesn’t work, that’s kind of the point of this thread. Blobs are great for steam rolling over smaller numbers, and causing server lag but it’s a terrible strategy for controlling a map as SOR seems unable to comprehend. JQ and BG’s smaller sized groups run circles around the SOR blob and while SOR can only take or defend one objective at a time, JQ and BG are taking the 2 or 3 other objectives left unguarded all at once. Keep it up SOR, you are just making this easy for JQ and BG.

JQ and BG are taking objectives unguarded because we don’t have anyone on to guard them. Coverage wins T1. BG doesn’t beat SoR because they blob less. They beat SoR because they have a larger population that covers a wider variety of time zones.

Zikory gets it.

in WvW

Posted by: Frigid.6027

Frigid.6027

I solo roam and deal with this every night. Rarely does a night go by i dont see 3-5 riot or 3-5 opp chasing me. In no way am i saying this is a bad thing. I understand that those 3-5man groups are attempting to find other groups of the same size or even bigger to fight. Obviously no ones going to say, oh hey its only one person lets keep going. Just pointing out to OP that it happens to all servers/players.

Yes it sucks always having to fight 1vX. No it doesn’t suck when you finally break someone from their group and down them as you see their group quickly rushing to their downed friend to res.

Bounce – [xoxo] Zerg Me Like You Love Me [oPP] Over Powered People

in WvW

Gully.7358

Frigid, one of those things that happens a lot is that the solo roamer actually starts the fight with the group of 3-5 players. Then when the fight doesn’t go their way the run…

This is actually the most common way how we get our fights. One dude starts hitting us, changes his mind and then runs towards a tower for protection. Gets kitteny, gets caught and then ends up gloating near the spawn area. 5 minutes later you get called out on the forum for being a spawncamper

I totally agree with what Osu said, red == dead.

in WvW

Artaz.3819

We’ve contemplated changing servers, but the fear is that the zergs we normally get hit with will turn into 5-15 man groups and the roamers we normally fight would become non-existent. I’d much rather deal with getting hit by a few zergs and having at least some roamers to kill rather than no roamers. Of course all servers are very heavy so it’s going to cost quite a bit to even test the waters.

It isn’t a fear, it’s a reality. I’ve done it and experienced the issue. I then moved up to a Silver League tier server and encountered more or less the same thing.

You can encounter one or two good fights in between but it is far more empty or overrun by one side or the other depending on which side of the map you are on.

in WvW

Artaz.3819

Frigid, one of those things that happens a lot is that the solo roamer actually starts the fight with the group of 3-5 players. Then when the fight doesn’t go their way the run…

This is actually the most common way how we get our fights. One dude starts hitting us, changes his mind and then runs towards a tower for protection. Gets kitteny, gets caught and then ends up gloating near the spawn area. 5 minutes later you get called out on the forum for being a spawncamper

I totally agree with what Osu said, red == dead.

I call this Option #1 when roaming fights are slow. It is how I try to spread out blobbing groups around objective camps, sentries or dolyaks. Assuming they don’t have the same guild tag, I’ll try to poke a few, run away and hope one or two will follow.

Option #2 is grabbing the slowest players of the long tail of a bad blob. This is far more risky because other people tend to help since they are nearby but they also tend not to be in a good roaming spec either.

in WvW

Siobhan.3582

Guys should have played Dark Age of Camelot where the best pve xp was out where the wvw was..

Those pve buggers (knowing they were in a wvw zone, but wanted the juicy xp) would go nuts when killed out there.

Basically they felt they had a “right” to play the way they wanted and not die. This echo’s that. Folks want to run around solo and then complain when they get run over by groups or a zerg.

Honestly, does it matter? a few silver and you are back in the fight. Personally I would like a stiffer (as in time) death penalty then we have now.

That one person.

in WvW

Posted by: Frigid.6027

Frigid.6027

Like i said Veretta, i’m not talking bad about you. I completely understand red=dead. Even though i don’t usually initiate the fight if i see its a bunch of other roamer specs, i don’t run from it. Just pointing out to OP that BG does the same thing to other servers players. I’ve been chased by an entire zerg before for killing a squishy in the back of the tail.

Everyone paid for this game and has the right to play it however it amuses them. Ganking/Zerging/Dueling etc.

Bounce – [xoxo] Zerg Me Like You Love Me [oPP] Over Powered People

in WvW

Gully.7358

This happens on every server but I do think this happens more to us due to the tag we were. We’re not very popular and we understand that completely but when it does happen we do have to share a ‘wow’

in WvW

Artaz.3819

Guys should have played Dark Age of Camelot where the best pve xp was out where the wvw was..

Those pve buggers (knowing they were in a wvw zone, but wanted the juicy xp) would go nuts when killed out there.

Basically they felt they had a “right” to play the way they wanted and not die. This echo’s that. Folks want to run around solo and then complain when they get run over by groups or a zerg.

Honestly, does it matter? a few silver and you are back in the fight. Personally I would like a stiffer (as in time) death penalty then we have now.

Played DAoC (but ToA killed it)…ESO aka DAoC2 might be worth looking at though.

ANet with GW2 came very very close to the DAoC Trials of Atlantis mistake with Ascended Gear (spreading the release for gear out for trinkets vs weapons vs armor several months, making it only a minor stat difference and no other popular RvR games in the market at the moment saved them). IMO, it was a huge design choice/player alienation/change in core philosophy gamble and it definitely has seen some impact on population loss.

/tangent

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

If zerging\blobbing worked, SOR would be ranked #1.

But BG being ranked no. 1 shows it does work.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Gully.7358

It kept players playing too, we lost a bunch of players before the announcement of ascended weapons and armor because there wasn’t a carrot on a stick in the game. It works both ways.

in WvW

Siobhan.3582

Played DAoC (but ToA killed it)…ESO aka DAoC2 might be worth looking at though.

ANet with GW2 came very very close to the DAoC Trials of Atlantis mistake with Ascended Gear (spreading the release for gear out for trinkets vs weapons vs armor several months, making it only a minor stat difference and no other popular RvR games in the market at the moment saved them). IMO, it was a huge design choice/player alienation/change in core philosophy gamble and it definitely has seen some impact on population loss.

/tangent

100% agree with you here. It is very similar to what DAOC went thru with the TOA expansion. I am hoping Anet learns and changes direction here. yeah sorry off topic

That one person.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

100% agree with you here. It is very similar to what DAOC went thru with the TOA expansion. I am hoping Anet learns and changes direction here. yeah sorry off topic

The ascended items were first formulated and introduced well over a year ago to a firestorm of criticism, I highly doubt Arenanet is going to change direction.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Defender of Blackgate, I like that…

A wise man once sang, “$#@% with me, you know I got it…”

We still have the gif on our forums; too funny.

in WvW

Gully.7358

Ah! Seen some Agg guys on JQ again. I guess that’s why you want us to move…

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

1 vs 1 kind of defeats the purpose of playing as a guild & pretty much world vs world. If you want 1 vs 1 go play pvp. Another side to 1 v 1 scenario is players stumbling upon the two players, not knowing and helping out their server/guild mate as you cannot distinguish between two people having a 1 on 1, vs one player being randomly attacked by someone roaming.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

1 vs 1 kind of defeats the purpose of playing as a guild & pretty much world vs world. If you want 1 vs 1 go play pvp. Another side to 1 v 1 scenario is players stumbling upon the two players, not knowing and helping out their server/guild mate as you cannot distinguish between two people having a 1 on 1, vs one player being randomly attacked by someone roaming.

I would 1v1 in spvp if the available builds weren’t so crappy and had acess to consumables.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

This post should be renamed…….

Why is BG always the underdog when ever they post about themselves.

BG blobs the least….thanks for the laugh but I know you all really believe it.

Can’t say I know what a face of someone from BG looks like because all I ever see is thier back as they run.

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

~10 BG blobbies were chasing me (1 person) for 10 minutes. Why?

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Can’t say I know what a face of someone from BG looks like because all I ever see is thier back as they run.

Depends on the guild and commander. It really does. I know some commanders that run from basically any engagement, and some that will dive into a 10v30 or similar outnumbered situations.

Though sometimes, running into a tower to regroup for a fight is necessary. Doesn’t mean we’re running away. Just regrouping.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

~10 BG blobbies were chasing me (1 person) for 10 minutes. Why?

To get posts like yours <3