Why is JQ and SoR playing dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Vespa.1790

Vespa.1790

SoR, you be the judge. Are you going to side with BG again during week 7 like you did during week 1 in light of all this? Or are you going to do the honourable thing by siding with JQ to crush BG and demoralize them?

If it were up to me I’d focus down on JQ base on the assumption that you’re on JQ. Even if BG “bought” their win, it’s no where near as annoying as someone begging for a win. But I think SoR has already settled for going after whichever brings the best fights. Personally I’m disappointed with the lack of fights we had with BG during Oceanic times, even when we were out-numbered they run off. It’s been more entertaining fighting against Mag and TC this week. Hopefully with when Wk7 rolls around and it doesn’t matter wheater BG gets last 4rd they are still going to win, they will ease up on the “bore you enemies to death” strategy.

Which is why SoR teamed up with BG during the first week, right? We certainly begged to win back then… whatever your logic is, it doesn’t make sense. It’s about honour. You want to reward treacherous behaviour.
As for BG running off, we had the same experience. Holy arrow carts. They can only face on if it’s 2v1… Give them a taste of their own medicine.

I never said my reasoning is based on logic, it’s my personal decision. I could sit here and tell you that SoR didn’t team up with BG the first week, and the only thing people keep pointing to as “proof” is that during the meeting before the leagues began we planned on focusing on JQ, there wasn’t even a peep of talk about teaming up with them in some pact against JQ. If that doesn’t make sense to you or why that decision wasn’t isn’t in the best interest of SoR at the time, then there is no debating with you. However in mid week JQ and BG did form a pact against SoR, JQ asking for 2nd knowing they can’t get first, but in the end them helping BG and then BG turned around and back stabbed them once it was clear SoR could no longer take first that week. So there’s your JQ honor.

I base my decision on who I would want to take down on how people act. I would never agree to a 2v1 against BG or JQ, I don’t have any particular hate for BG for “buying” guilds, it just nsures I get good fights when I am on, I am only disappointed in them running away so often.

As for the person who said there are multitudes of reasons why BG would run from a fight, I already know that strategically it’s in the best interest to run and defend at certain points. And I thought that sevral times when BG blob just moved away form ours. But after it was apparent that we were the only sizable force left in any map, and their map blob simply keep evading fights with us that it was them forcefully running away. I don’t know what special tactics was involved for BG to run from east side of Garrison after seeing our zerg to the west side when we own garrison and can reach the other side much faster, then run again when we see them instead of just facing us in open field wit hgreater numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Vespa.1790

Vespa.1790

Which guild was bought by BG exactly? I’d like to hear 1 guild that was bought.

I know JQ paid 100% for Agg and NS…

I don’t really know or care bt I say “buy” because it doesn’t really matter how much BG denies it people will still force it down their throats.

in WvW

Posted by: Sushay.1762

Sushay.1762

Choc Pudding x 1000g+ ….. That’s how much was payed
for my famous desert but now the secret is out i will give every one the recipe

Melted butter, to grease
150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
2 tbs cocoa powder
125ml (1/2 cup) milk
50g butter, melted
1 egg, lightly whisked
Thickened cream, to serve

Also today in my Ethics class we were talking about Bribery Choc Pudding ….. man i cant stop thinking about my dessert anyway back on track is this the correct meaning ?
" dishonestly persuade (someone) to act in one’s favour by a gift of money or other inducement "

Because i have to write a paper about it

Thanks guys and gals

One does not simply use a throw away account to hide ones identity

in WvW

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I can’t answer for my server but after over a year doing WvW I just aren’t as serious about the competition anymore, I’ve always enjoyed the fights more than the competition. This past few weeks I’ve been enjoying the new XCom expansion and Battlefield4 more than WvW so I log in less.

I know right! Before these LoLz “leagues” no one cared about PPT (at least in T1, remember all the GvG QQ from every direction even from the developers…) why should it be any different now, every week it gets reset and nothing is lost or gained for anyone.

P.S. MEC troopers are OP XD.

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

LOL Troll Post.

BG whined about the season match up claiming JQ was the winner…props to the tactic, SoR bought into your mantra and willingly became your kittenes to double team up on us.

Hope y’all enjoy the view at the top…cheap seats as they may be.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Blackgate-VS-Sanctum-Of-Rall-Gold-1st/first

Really? Because it seems that SoR/JQ started the thought that BG wouldn’t have a chance, and that it would be JQ vs SOR for 1st.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

P.S. MEC troopers are OP XD.

Haha, loving the new Covert missions too. Those EXALT get pretty good toward the end.

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Great, another chestbeating thread from BG. Not every server has 24 hour queues all week on all maps and when there is legitimately less people on other respective servers. Even though fighting bgs zone blobs on all maps the with the same 25 people on 3maps, at least we’re getting fights – it would’ve been horribly boring to stay on an overstacked server with no competition.

Edit; comment is in reference to oc and Euro

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

I thought Merc left because they weren’t getting support of BG’s NA?

Now your saying we do overtime? Crazy.

No, the problem is EVERYONE underestimated what BG was capable of, including BG. Go ahead and blame ZDs if it makes you feel better, but we all know deep down they alone don’t make up for the score differences.

I think someone bet on the wrong horse.

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

qft

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Great, another chestbeating thread from BG. Not every server has 24 hour queues all week on all maps and when there is legitimately less people on other respective servers. Even though fighting bgs zone blobs on all maps the with the same 25 people on 3maps, at least we’re getting fights – it would’ve been horribly boring to stay on an overstacked server with no competition.

Didn’t you say that you left because of coverage issues with NA? Now you say we have 24 hours queues and are overstacked and then you edit your comment to put “only OC and EU” in it.

So do we have 24 hour queues making us overstacked or do we have queues only in OC and EU not making us overstacked but that the other servers got outplayed (i mean that’s the only logical conclusion right)?

Also, did you leave because of the former or the latter because i am sure everyone knows you said you left because of the latter.

Oh Tarks, you really need to think about what you type. This isn’t the first time.

BG LA Best LA !!!

(edited by DKNS.2135)

in WvW

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

1 Map queue in SEA time ?

Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

2 of our maps have no que right now…. so… 24 hour ques all week must mean something else, I must have misunderstood you….

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

No, the problem is EVERYONE underestimated what BG was capable of, including BG. Go ahead and blame ZDs if it makes you feel better, but we all know deep down they alone don’t make up for the score differences.

qft

It’s pretty clear what Anet has to do in order to avoid bs from this season. Firstly, don’t do seasons at all. Secondly, no rewards what’s so ever. Thirdly, don’t publish the kitten schedule. Forthly, freeze all server transfers. Fifty, stop all player to player gold and item trading. This will ensure that WvW will get the proper and respectful fights.

The real problem is the business model Anet has employed. Bots have abused it, TP speculators have abused it, and now regular WvW are abusing it.

(edited by Sam Gem.1246)

in WvW

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Hell yea QFT

BG LA Best LA !!!

in WvW

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

" if we dont get new guilds to support us, we will transfer to jq"

You and ralihk did the exact same trick waha pulled on jq. New guilds or we transfer! why would you ask for more support on an overstack server, lel enjoy your 2nd place finisher…looool

Blackgate since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

So true…. U literally made the wrong move and did not have faith in your server’s powers. Blame that on yourself..don’t start making up stuff just so u can compensate your bad decision. You are not only lieing to yourself but also lieing to your guild/pugs etc by repeating that. Instead of accepting the truth and fixing your problems u just take the easy way out, blame others and not fix anything.

Also…b’please….. we have just 1 queue atm in your servers most powerful timezone and we still push u back. Actually i can’t remember a day when we had queues at this hour. Maybe monday and that’s it.

U banged at the gates….and the gates replied…in full force, united, dedicated and believing that we will win if we keep on fighting like on day 1. Deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: sdreamer.8764

sdreamer.8764

yay, loser always need to make excuse for his failure to make him feel better.

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

I’m sorry, but aren’t you part of that same “MERC” group who transferred to JQ right before Season started because you were tired of pulling overtime, and you felt that BG’s coverage just wasn’t competitive enough to keep up with JQ & SoR? I can, of course, copy & paste Ralihk’s post in which he says exactly that, before going on to describe “the situation in WvW during SEA” as “dire for over a month with a massive lack of players compared to SoR and JQ”, right before he went on the explain that moving to JQ was all about winning Leagues. Now you’re complaining that BG is “overstacked” in your timezone? And even going so far as to say that you left to avoid being horribly bored “to stay on an overstacked server with no competition”?

Just… wow.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

At the end of the day, no matter what everyone say including the TS, its a battle of numbers. The servers you talk about arent playing dead, otherwise they would have given up fighting. They might seem dead in terms of fighting against “huge” numbers.

Jq and sor just happen to be number 2 and 3 in terms of population.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

It’s not our fault Jade Quarry surrendered after 3 days.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

(edited by Cirus.5748)

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Jade Quarry remind me of the French.

Always the first to wave the white flag.

Well, it is kind of our fault… at least, I hope it is.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Aku Punksha.4895

Aku Punksha.4895

The points system in WvW seriously needs overhauling. I find it ludicrous that the victor is usually determined by how much coverage a server has during off-peak hours (aka nightcapping). It’s pretty demoralizing when your server is on top during peak hours and holding several T3 keeps only to get home from work the next day to find that all the progress the server made was lost overnight or during working hours simply because they had more players online during that coverage gap. No wonder people play dead, because quite honestly, their contributions mean next to nothing unless they’re willing to play overtime. Basically, which ever server has more Oceanic players will normally win since WvW is won during off-peak hours.

Example: JQ had a lead of up to 4-5k over the weekend and quickly lost that lead once the weekend was over simply because BG had more players to fill in coverage gaps than JQ did.

What you need to finally get over (and eventually I believe you will), is that there is no PEAK TIME. It is a 24/7 game. If you don’t want to have this feeling that your objectives are getting taken while you are away then you need to get your server organised to get BALANCED coverage rather than PEAK coverage. You have hit on the problem – but you are rather confused about the solution. Blaming the points system for being 24/7 is not going to get you a solution. It is going to get you a game that works for your time zone but no-one else’s. So join the world wide web here and start thinking balanced coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: Baels.3469

Baels.3469

Long, long ago, there was a pair of men named Talikh and Rarkus. Commanders and leaders of their respected army, they valiantly fought for their country, Blackgate, beating on doors and huntin’ boars.

One day Talikh and Rarkus decided they were simply receiving no help and were expected to fight the good fight themselves. The two men decided to take their army and left their brethren on Blackgate, defecting to the enemy; Jade Quarrydise.

However, the tale of these two men grew dark. Upon arriving at Jade Quarrydise, they found it was the farthest thing from the utopia they were expecting. Losing a significant fighting force, Beastgate banded together curbstomping Jade Quarrydise repeatedly, becoming known has having the most fearsome military force in all of Tyria.

After taking beating after beating upon defecting to their new home in Jade Lawlry, realising he couldn’t win with military force, Rarkus sought to deflect the anger he was feeling and attempted to take it out on his brethren from Blackgate through the only means he had left: politics.

Little did Rarkus know, Blackgate has one of the most prolific politicians in Tyria. Magikarps.

Magikarps used splash.

Game. Over.

Blackgate
[MERC] – Oceanic

(edited by Baels.3469)

in WvW

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

Long, long ago, there was a pair of men named Talikh and Rarkus. Commanders and leaders of their respected army, they valiantly fought for their country, Blackgate, beating on doors and huntin’ boars.

One day Talikh and Rarkus decided they were simply receiving no help and were expected to fight the good fight themselves. The two men decided to take their army and left their brethren on Blackgate, defecting to the enemy; Jade Quarrydise.

However, the tale of these two men grew dark. Upon arriving at Jade Quarrydise, they found it was the farthest thing from the utopia they were expecting. Losing a significant fighting force, Beastgate banded together curbstomping Jade Quarrydise repeatedly, becoming known has having the most fearsome military force in all of Tyria.

After taking beating after beating upon defecting to their new home in Jade Lawlry, realising he couldn’t win with military force, Rarkus sought to deflect the anger he was feeling and attempted to take it out on his brethren from Blackgate through the only means he had left: politics.

Little did Rarkus know, Blackgate has one of the most prolific politicians in Tyria. Magikarps.

Magikarps used splash.

Game. Over.

Cool story bro

I lol so hard when they say Blackgate zerg keep running from the zerg fight? Hahaha, I’m online everyday in SEA timezone wiping their zerg kitten with commander like TMD, navii, evil kin, finality,etc2. Stomping every and each of them that running away

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Great, another post from someone who claimed we had no coverage, now saying we are now over stacked in that same timezone, despite getting no other guilds. Also, how would you know about our queues considering you aren’t on the server anymore? Either way your information is wrong, SOS BL and JQ BL have been without a queue pretty much every morning I have been on this week. (I am NA EST) When I logged at 2am there was no queue on SoS BL, or BG BL. Also, the entire week there hasn’t been a queue on SoS or JQ Bls in the mornings up until EU prime. (8am – 1-2pmish) But please, keep telling me about those 24/7 queues i have to keep waiting in.

P.S.: By the way, the thread wasn’t started by a BG player, his post history shows that pretty easy, so calm down on the chest thumping comments.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

(edited by Bash.7291)

in WvW

Posted by: Sam Gem.1246

Sam Gem.1246

Great, another post from someone who claimed we had no coverage, now saying we are now over stacked in that same timezone, despite getting no other guilds. Also, how would you know about our queues considering you aren’t on the server anymore? Either way your information is wrong, SOS BL and JQ BL have been without a queue pretty much every morning I have been on this week. (I am NA EST) When I logged at 2am there was no queue on SoS BL, or BG BL. Also, the entire week there hasn’t been a queue on SoS or JQ Bls in the mornings up until EU prime. (8am – 1-2pmish) But please, keep telling me about those 24/7 queues i have to keep waiting in.

P.S.: By the way, the thread wasn’t started by a BG player, his post history shows that pretty easy, so calm down on the chest thumping comments.

I admire the way I brought the subject up. My thread question was rhetorical, exposing the evils of the yellow, greedy, and large kitten server, err, Garfield server.

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

I’m sorry, but aren’t you part of that same “MERC” group who transferred to JQ right before Season started because you were tired of pulling overtime, and you felt that BG’s coverage just wasn’t competitive enough to keep up with JQ & SoR? I can, of course, copy & paste Ralihk’s post in which he says exactly that, before going on to describe “the situation in WvW during SEA” as “dire for over a month with a massive lack of players compared to SoR and JQ”, right before he went on the explain that moving to JQ was all about winning Leagues. Now you’re complaining that BG is “overstacked” in your timezone? And even going so far as to say that you left to avoid being horribly bored “to stay on an overstacked server with no competition”?

Just… wow.

To settle a few things straight, I am an oceanic commander as in my primetime is in GMT+10 (Brisbane, primetime starts at midnight PST which is four hours before SEA starts); during oceanic primetime after lorthos quit and SoR was unable to field their large oceanic zergs we would often as not get a ridiculous ppt into the 460+ range. JQ was largely a non-factor at that time due to its lack of oceanic guilds (0000-0400 PST) where the meta was to PvD JQs assets before SoR did it first. Oceanic is the first timezone to die in world PvP games, as it did in Warhammer before GW2 – and I’d say that competitive oceanic T1 WvW died with lorthos quitting.

Where things fell apart on BG before we left was in SEA; whereupon ND was in a state of disarray due to dia being hacked, WM being in training, Thai/LP playing EU and TMD showing up sporadically – when we were all on we were comparable in coverage to JQs SEA. But often as not for about a month we’d be the solo pin on 3-4 maps, and we were legitimately stressed – little did we know that the SEA guys would show up for leagues; but by then we had lost half our active member base to burnout.

I wasn’t “complaining” about JQ having less numbers, just acknowledging that with overtime from the NA and SEA OT in BG at the moment it was hard to maintain ground GMT+10 prime. I found the comment about “playing dead” kinda offensive because it discredits the guys who do log in to fight – and did so persistently against greater numbers (In both EU and OC).

Also, don’t take everything in that BG forums post as gospel as I was misquoted by Ralikh in it and his statements regarding my opinions are not my actual stances – and choc had me permabanned before I could say otherwise (something about stealing KnT or OnS members which was shown to be a bunch of horse kitten ). In response to Kins comment, I never did that to BGs NA, some guildees did but a majority appreciated the effort you guys put in – including myself. Keep that in perspective before you start talking crap thanks.

Congrats on the win BG, and thanks for the fights. I do apologize if I offended anyone, but yeah I had to step in at the “JQ is playing dead” remark

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in WvW

Posted by: Thomas.7031

Thomas.7031

Very well said Tarkus we admire your Hardwork.
just keep having fun

in WvW

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I had fun at least killing off the unskilled bg and sos players sadly I haven’t had any decent people to fight

in WvW

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Thanks for the answers, what this has taught me is that merc guilds are an AWESOME aspect of the game. Make a name for urself, sell services to highest bidder, ???, Profit. I don’t know what the transfer fee is but 3K is like 4 members at 800gems (forgot what the price was pre leagues). But in the end could be lucrative.

Hi Alkaholic,

So it cost 1800 gems per person to transfer to Blackgate. At the time that ZDs transferred to Blackgate the gem rate was 6.63g per 100 gems. That means it was roughly 120g per transfer. With 3000g they were able to transfer 25 of there ~40 members by them selves.

Btw 3000g would allow you to transfer ~56 players to a server that is rated for 800 gem transfers. At the rate of gold to gems at that time.

Thanks for clarifying, I thought he said 3K gems not 3K gold.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyr.1254

Zephyr.1254

I always thought us Americans were supposed to be the natural complainers. Thanks for proving otherwise Mr. 14 Hour.

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

We also have lives…. but we are just better at everything we do

in WvW

Posted by: Ferris Bewler.9706

Ferris Bewler.9706

Tarkus my man if I were you I think I would quit posting a while, at least about stuff like this. But man you contradict every word you say with something else and the statements you made when leaving BG were taken to heart. Like I said when you left I think you galvanized a lot of our SEA and OCX forces on BG like a hardened fist. Was not your intention, but what you did, how u did it, and what was said rallied our SEA and OCX.

I appreciate your congrats BG line up above there but lets be real… No one on BG will take it seriously or think that its truly meant.

You were outplayed, outclassed, outstratagized, and just soundly beaten like a drum this week. You made a decision to move to JQ for whatever reasoning… but it backfired in your face and now your wiping the gunpowder off your brow, wondering how the heck did that happen? One word brother……. Heart.

Pheras Bewler Lvl 80 Ranger (JINX-BG)
Frozen Man Lvl 80 Guardian (JINX-BG)
Frozen Moo Juice Lvl 80 Warrior (JINX-BG)

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Great, another chestbeating thread from BG.

Just to throw this out there but based off the OP’s posting history, he’s not even on BG so why are your server mates thinking you’re playing dead?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: chedder.6302

chedder.6302

Blah Blah Blah….stackgate..hackgate…buygate….more like #Believegate let us not pay anymore attention to this JQ whining about not believing Believegate could be the WvW juggernaut and transferring over to JQ. To err is human and must learn from those mistakes.
Hopefully next season schedule is a little more balanced, whatever happened to SoR doesn’t happen again and that they’ll be able to come out in full force and give us some quality fights the whole week as opposed to just the weekend.
So lets stop with the drama and go back to killing each other repeatedly and filling our bags with loot.

President of Believegate

in WvW

Posted by: thefreezingvoid.8516

thefreezingvoid.8516

You were outplayed, outclassed, outstratagized, and just soundly beaten like a drum this week..

Get over yourselves. You guys won due to superior coverage. You did not outplay, outclass or outstrategize anyone on JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: Demannu.2805

Demannu.2805

Just my 2 cents i saw someone saying that JQ could buy many EU guilds blablabla but they just did not want to … erm WRONG

SPARTA [SPRT] – Russian guild from Piken square ~40 man raid was approached a week before JQ faces BG by JQ community and received proposal for transfer. However i will citate Sparta GM: ‘’ I told them to kitten off’’ end of citate.

Hopefully we will see double teaming, pff of course we will see double teaming on week 7 finally gonna see a solid 3 server clash rather then 1v1v gipsies

Champion of Khorne – ZDs

in WvW

Posted by: Prophet.1038

Prophet.1038

SoR, you be the judge. Are you going to side with BG again during week 7 like you did during week 1 in light of all this? Or are you going to do the honourable thing by siding with JQ to crush BG and demoralize them?

Ahhhh I don’t Think SoR sided with anyone during week 1. I remember on a constant basis GoF commander would PM stei to take our T3 in JQBL. If anything majority of the 2 v 1 was on SoR on that particular BL which hurt our ppt alot.

Prophet Saladin
Rank 80 sPvP
Champion Phantom

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Great, another chestbeating thread from BG.

Just to throw this out there but based off the OP’s posting history, he’s not even on BG so why are your server mates thinking you’re playing dead?

The comment was not directed at the OP, but it soon turned turned into another BG ego stroking fest.

Directed or not, the comment I quoted makes it sound as if you think Blackgate started this. I’m not sure why you think Blackgate players would stay out of thread filled with anti-Blackgate posts.

You only see it as a “ego stroking fest” because you take it so personal. To be fair, it seems like a reasonable question. Every one leading up to this match assured us this wouldn’t happen and JQ is going to be this force to be reckoned with. Same with the SoR matches before this. Your trolls brought this type of threads upon them selves and now are trying to find a new way to troll because all that talk before seasons in moot. Everything said didn’t happen. BG is about to be 5-0 and based off everything said before, the only people that believed in Blackgate was Blackgate.

TBH, I have countless times tried to defend JQ and SoR on the “servers are dieing” posts because I assumed better.

Either way, I hope you and SoR have a great match next week and I hope you both show up for week 7. Now that rewards will be out of the way we can have a clear match. Even if we get 2v1’d the whole time.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Enjoy your Dolyak finisher you guys really deserve it.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

A combination of SoR/JQ dropping the ball, BG playing to win by putting in massive overtime, BG collaborating with SoS (was kinda funny hearing about SoS spawn camping SoR lol) and the purchase of ZDs (ZDs only paid 3k of their own gold, rest was funded by BG).

Care to cite your sources for the last two items (SoS and ZD)?

The first of the items was an understanding, from those that followed forums, that SoS intended to put the 2v1 on SoR at the very first opportunity it had and that’s what happened Friday night through Monday that match. The remainder of that match was played straight and this current week has been played straight.
We’ve been just as eager to go after BG as we have JQ.

If it seems we’ve been gaining more ground against JQ, it’s because BG frankly has better scouting and internal comms (speaking as an opponent), even though JQ typically has a better avg. skill level across their ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: Rasudido.6734

Rasudido.6734

You were outplayed, outclassed, outstratagized, and just soundly beaten like a drum this week..

Get over yourselves. You guys won due to superior coverage. You did not outplay, outclass or outstrategize anyone on JQ.

Sorry to break it to you but as a server making sure you have near absolute coverage IS a strategy. taking advantage of an opponents weak spot? strategy. Managing schedules so that presence exists at most time across all maps? strategy

What isnt a strategy? Getting handed 3 consecutive 1st place wins by Anet and then QQing because you lost the first week where you actually had to compete.

but if it makes you feel any better you could go to the corner and cry about russians and how blackgate bought them. Take a lollypop with you.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

The points system in WvW seriously needs overhauling. I find it ludicrous that the victor is usually determined by how much coverage a server has during off-peak hours (aka nightcapping). It’s pretty demoralizing when your server is on top during peak hours and holding several T3 keeps only to get home from work the next day to find that all the progress the server made was lost overnight or during working hours simply because they had more players online during that coverage gap. No wonder people play dead, because quite honestly, their contributions mean next to nothing unless they’re willing to play overtime. Basically, which ever server has more Oceanic players will normally win since WvW is won during off-peak hours.

Example: JQ had a lead of up to 4-5k over the weekend and quickly lost that lead once the weekend was over simply because BG had more players to fill in coverage gaps than JQ did.

so basically what you’re saying is that the war effort needs to stop because you need to go to bed, ridiculous even in real wars when the day shift soldiers need to sleep the night time soldiers guard their backs so the enemy doesn’t kill them in their sleep or wipe them out in a surprise attack during the night.

the same principle applies to WvW seeing that it is a 24/7 permanent war going on.
simply conquering territory is not enough ! conquered territory needs to be defended, to defend said territory you need coverage, peak and off peak.

This crying about losing a T3 tower or keep during off peak hours screams of poor coverage, it is not the other server’s fault you are ill prepared and do not have the coverage to defend your conquered territory.

war is not just about killing, it is about supply lines, comm lines aka TS, and back end things that need to be taken care of even before you start killing the enemy like logistics aka coverage

Real war has a lot in common with WvW.
- there are no rules in war.
- the better equipped and better prepared will prevail.
- no mercy for your enemy.
- the enemy of my enemy might be my friend, at least temporarily while our common interests are aligned.

every server knew WAR aka season 1 was coming
How each server used the time before season 1 to prepare and plan their war effort is very important.

some wars are won even before the 1st shot was ever fired
what is happening now is a reflection of the preparation plans of each individual server before the season started.

real soldiers get a pay check and feed and housed. This is a video game. I don’t play for PPT never have. I can still see how if you are a ppt player it can be frustrating to put effort into something that in the end is meaningless. A couple little gaps in your servers coverage and you fall so far behind in points that you can’t make it up during fairly balanced play times.

I’m not going to take away from blackgates win. The game is coverage and they played it better. I don’t know how you found people to play against no one but you did. I played on a server where the other servers didn’t field people during my play time. It was boring to fight no one so I moved.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

The match deciding factor in week 5 was ZDs. Yes, BG fought hard and put in massive overtimes, but we on JQ had really great problems with BG EU before they got ZDs and that transfer made it a mess.
The last three days we were fighting only on JQ bl between 4pm and 1am to hold our garrison against a massive force of ZDs and BG followers and were able to hold it with 20-30 people running around.
Meanwhile the ppt for BG went up to 400+ over all those hours.

It was a great match and it was fun wiping ZDs and kicking them out every day 5-10 times and I would like to that another week but we can’t win a matchup that way

Anyways, thanks for the great fights BG. I’m looking forward to season 2 and hope ZDs is gone than or the other servers get an advantage like this too.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

We also have lives…. but we are just better at everything we do

things like, living with parents, talking kitten on the interwebs, recruiting to your server, running from open field fights.

man that was to easy. I almost feel bad.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Don’t be mad at BG for playing the coverage game better than anyone else. It’s what WvW in this game is, and if you want to be #1 you have to recruit and fill in off hours spots.

I think being annoyed at Anet for making this dumb system is legit, but not at BG for being the best at it. It’s especially hypocritical coming from JQ and SoR who have played that game a lot in the past.

I wish it wasn’t the case but unless Anet looks at the silliness that league devolved into and decides to actually make NA matter in determining who wins a matchup this is the game you play folks, either come to peace with it or quit.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Overall this week was a great match up between JQ and BG.

JQ was up by 5k points and Sunday and +440 ppt until BG took back SMC on Sunday night and ended the deadlock.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Wait.. it was BG betting on the wrong horse. It was mainly BG population claiming JQ had the easy cheesy schedule and your server tried hard to keep that 2v1 with SoR running in match 1.

I would not say you knew ZDs would come to you, but you played that card well.
In week 2 SoR was really good and you came back in ppt, but SoR stopped fighting after ZDs joined you and SoR knew that they wouldn’t stand a chance even if they would pull crazy overtimes.

So, in the end ZDs are the match deciding factor especially against a server with a very low EU population. I’m happy we got some EU guilds and I really like and respect them, but with ZDs backing you there was not a chance of holding the ppt.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Traejan.1729

Traejan.1729

Wait.. it was BG betting on the wrong horse. It was mainly BG population claiming JQ had the easy cheesy schedule and your server tried hard to keep that 2v1 with SoR running in match 1.

I would not say you knew ZDs would come to you, but you played that card well.
In week 2 SoR was really good and you came back in ppt, but SoR stopped fighting after ZDs joined you and SoR knew that they wouldn’t stand a chance even if they would pull crazy overtimes.

So, in the end ZDs are the match deciding factor especially against a server with a very low EU population. I’m happy we got some EU guilds and I really like and respect them, but with ZDs backing you there was not a chance of holding the ppt.

You’re trying way too hard now

Proud member of [RUST] IRON TEARS

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

BG’s commanders pulled off 24-48 hours shifts over the weekend to cover the SEA/Oceanic times. BG doesn’t have queues 24 hours a day. Only during prime NA times you will find queues.

It is the commander’s tactics/strategies and good scouts on BG that make the difference in points.

….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet