Why is this happening? "Invulnerable" garrison boss

in WvW

Posted by: Tukor.7514

Tukor.7514

First of all, sorry about my poor english; ill try.

This match it has happened around 10 times, in 3 days.
We attack the main keep (garrison) of the enemy server (It only happens in the same server map, not the other or at our map). Then the boss is “invulnerable”; we just canT kill him, all the damage is denied.

if you see the screenshot below, it has the invulnerable buff. its impossible to us to take that fortress, making all our efforts a waste of time (and the enemy does not need to defend it)

As i said, it only happens in the same server map; we send tons of reports about this and sometimes it seems to be fixed; but when we lose it again, and we try to recapture, its usually bugged again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/ibantxo/bug.jpg

before thinking that there is some type of exploit with this, i want to ask you if there is any mechanich making this happen; maybe its our fault. Or is it just a bug?
Why, or when, this boss can have that buff? its happening to you too?

Thank you!

in WvW

Posted by: Kazim.2043

Kazim.2043

This is really annoying. I’ve seen it happen 3 times so far. I guess it’s something about after Orb reset, this buff still stays there.

If it’s a feature, it’s clearly not self-explanatory. If it’s a bug it should be fixed ASAP.

Izuvac.5713 “…like imagine 2 taliban server against 1 american…”

in WvW

Tukor.7514

If its a bug, then how is it possible than it happens 4 consecutive days? And alway to the same server garrison…?

in WvW

Posted by: Imsleepy.8179

Imsleepy.8179

When a player initiates a fight while being in an area that the mob cannot get to, it immediately goes invulnerable to prevent players from just standing there and killing it. I’m not sure if that’s what is happening here since it’s occurring so frequently, but it may be something along those lines. Maybe the mob’s pathing is messed up and it believes the player is out of reach?

Kind of a really shoddy bug to have occur. :/

(edited by Imsleepy.8179)

in WvW

Posted by: Shini.7542

Shini.7542

1. Was the orb still on the altar (just to be sure)
2. Was the orb former on the altar and got destroyed out of nowhere?

I saw this bug happening a while ago as well, after a server update (=restart) it was possible to capture again. I guess it has to do with those strange lightning bolts caused by quaggan or whatever that even seem to be able to destroy the altar.

[IL] Shinis (Thief+Ranger)
Dzagonur

in WvW

Tukor.7514

When a player initiates a fight while being in an area that the mob cannot get to, it immediately goes invulnerable to prevent players from just standing there and killing it.

obviusly, its not what is happening….
i was thinking that they already fixed the lightings breaking the altars… or not? O_o

And there was no orb in that fortress

in WvW

Kazim.2043

1. Was the orb still on the altar (just to be sure)
2. Was the orb former on the altar and got destroyed out of nowhere?

I saw this bug happening a while ago as well, after a server update (=restart) it was possible to capture again. I guess it has to do with those strange lightning bolts caused by quaggan or whatever that even seem to be able to destroy the altar.

I’ve seen it happened more than once and in all occasions Orb was on another keep. Though I don’t know by what means Orb is retrieved from the bugged keep, however I think that permanent invulnerability problem is Orb related.

Somehow even the orb already stolen, Keep Lords stays invulnerable.

Btw didn’t know Quaggan lightnings can destroy altars. If that’s the case it should be also a not intended game design I suppose

in WvW

Posted by: MikeFerguson.8921

MikeFerguson.8921

If an orb is placed at a keep, that Lord will be determined (invulnerable) until the altar is destroyed. Destroying the altar should remove the determined state from the lord.

However we did discover a bug yesterday that could cause the lord to not drop his invulnerability in certain cases. Given how long it has been occurring for you, my guess is that keep was affected by the bug.

We have already fixed the cause of that particular issue on our development server and are testing it now. I’m hoping we’ll be able to get the fix pushed up to live next week, but we’ll need to make sure we are not causing additional issues first.

in WvW

Kazim.2043

If an orb is placed at a keep, that Lord will be determined (invulnerable) until the altar is destroyed. Destroying the altar should remove the determined state from the lord.

However we did discover a bug yesterday that could cause the lord to not drop his invulnerability in certain cases. Given how long it has been occurring for you, my guess is that keep was affected by the bug.

We have already fixed the cause of that particular issue on our development server and are testing it now. I’m hoping we’ll be able to get the fix pushed up to live next week, but we’ll need to make sure we are not causing additional issues first.

Excellent news Thx for response

in WvW

Posted by: Kyte.3986

Kyte.3986

I’ve noticed a similar bug multiple times perhaps at some camps with the guild claimer being “invulnerable” but not determined but another buff.

However, instead of being completely invulnerable the guy will take anything from mostly 0 damage from attacks to up to like 5 or so. Also he’ll appear “immune” to conditions but they sometimes show up as affecting him for like a 1/10th of a second. This tends to happen when tons of people are surrounding and taking a camp.

I gather that he might supposed to be invulnerable til all the other NPCs die in the camp, but this continues to happen after all the NPCs are dead, and we generally have to either whittle him down taking a long period of time or wait until the invulnerability buff leaves randomly.

Anyone else witnessing this?

in WvW

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

Camps got a 5min timer after being taken. Thats why you see 0 damage I guess.

in WvW

Kazim.2043

I’ve noticed a similar bug multiple times perhaps at some camps with the guild claimer being “invulnerable” but not determined but another buff.

However, instead of being completely invulnerable the guy will take anything from mostly 0 damage from attacks to up to like 5 or so. Also he’ll appear “immune” to conditions but they sometimes show up as affecting him for like a 1/10th of a second. This tends to happen when tons of people are surrounding and taking a camp.

I gather that he might supposed to be invulnerable til all the other NPCs die in the camp, but this continues to happen after all the NPCs are dead, and we generally have to either whittle him down taking a long period of time or wait until the invulnerability buff leaves randomly.

Anyone else witnessing this?

It’s not a bug. Camp Supervisors become “immune” for 5 minutes after camp changes hand. So either you have to bash him with condition damage, or wait for 5 minutes to kill him.

in WvW

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

This is so feline fracking frusterating! We just sieged Garrison, had it completely cleared out of enemies (no orb or altar issues) and the Lord is totally invulnerable to damage.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Since we all know what the cause of the bug is, could that particular event be disabled until the fix is live?

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Tukor.7514

Actually (they have been doing that from 2 days till now), the server with that Garrison (the one i explain in the OP post), is placing trebuchets in that garrison. They reach the walls and doors of Bahia (the left fort).

They know we cant take the garrison due the bug.
So we have to attack the garrison only to destroy those trebuchets (they place it where we have to destroy 2 doors); when we do it, as we cant take the garrison due the bug, they build new trebuchets and attack again and again….

It does not say much about that server, but anyway Anet should do something about this…

in WvW

Posted by: Fel.8195

Fel.8195

Yes. We came to the conclusion that there is zero point in attacking a garrison until this bug is fixed.

To coordinate a large group to take down two doors, get all the way in, and then find out it was a waste? Meanwhile, you took all of those people away from rest of the map, and will end up having to re-cap points you lost during your pointless siege of the garrison.

Just not worth it, unfortunately. It is far more effective to avoid that risk, and organize people to take points you know can be capped.

in WvW

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

Glad to hear a fix is coming, but in the meantime, do the GM’s or support staff have the ability to fix the broken keeps/garrisons? It is skewing the WvW numbers and making home borderlands very tough to fight on (per the aforementioned trebs inside garrison and such).

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

in WvW

Posted by: McWaffle.1927

McWaffle.1927

Orbs yes.

Lords I am not sure about, there may be some issues b/c its a NPC not an object.

in WvW

Kazim.2043

Just be patient guys

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

It’s a bug where the lighting from the quaggan hits the orb and kills it; rendering the keep lord invulnerable.

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian