Temperantia.3207

Q:

…when they’re naked and guildless?

Can I have a psychologycal approach?

Why kill invaders at jumping puzzles...

in WvW

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

Why not? Is there a negative to doing it?

in WvW

Posted by: Phzt.9864

Phzt.9864

A: It makes you post this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Bloodlust and greed.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Adilor.8641

Adilor.8641

For one, it actually does slightly deny siege resources, especially if you’re holding Obsidian Sanctum.

But, y’know, it’s a game, and people are gonna have fun at it how they want.

Adilor Solthaer / Ky Loricandis
[House Angel]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Aervius.2016

Aervius.2016

1. Free badge of honor.
2. Free xp.
3. Reciprocation of greivances.
4. Because it’s a war, sans the Geneva Convention.

Kolt – Human Thief
[NEX]
#swaguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

What does “guildless” have to do with it?

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

as one of my guildies would say….why am I going to let them get blueprints that would allow them to kill me later?

in WvW

Posted by: Freohr.7905

Freohr.7905

Your call to walk in there naked, bro. Why should that exempt you from getting a hammer in your face? It’s war buddy, suck it up.

If having a bigger blob means victory then you will blob.
Sun Tzu said that, and I think he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal.

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

Psychological approach? As Freud once said: He’s naked, kill him!

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: konosh.4721

konosh.4721

Why not? If it’s red it’s dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

I had a guy try to kill me in a JP after I passed with without being aggressive. I then stalked him every time he came back in and griefed him for a good 30 mins until he stopped coming back in, laughing at his dead body each time.

Some people just love to be bullies, regardless of what excuse about denying them blueprints they want to give you. Sometimes you gotta push back and teach em a lesson.

in WvW

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

If they enemy why I should let they alive?
I don’t know who is friend or foe but if u can target me and attack me when I turn back.
(or let my guard down.)
I should kill you first…

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

Me and my guild basically never attack people inside EB jumping puzzle unless they attack us first. Don’t see the point of killing Pve’rs that just want to do the jumping puzzle/get the achievement as their forced in WvW to do it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

I don’t kill I push them off the side with a mini Asura shockwave it’s probably more of trolling than killing them.

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue

in WvW

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Because you can – what else is there?

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

For badges.

Its a pvp zone, expect pvp. The jumping puzzle would be a prime place to gank people.

Want to do the jumping puzzle? Get a few blokes and go pvp for it. Imagine that eh?

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Dredlockrasta.8269

Dredlockrasta.8269

Why the hell are you naked and guildless in a JP? I’m assuming you are just creating lv 2’s to farm it over and over for badges for a legendary. If that’s the case, man up and get the badges like a real man so you can show off your pixels in LA.

If you are just dumb enough to trust people not to kill you because you are naked, well then I got a bridge to sell you.

in WvW

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

Because it’s a PvP area.

in WvW

Posted by: Overworld.9613

Overworld.9613

Because making them stay out in the actual battlefield and not away from the fighting weakening their forces is a wise tactical decision. A better method would be to lead them astray, especially if they’re PvE players doing the puzzle for the first time, as opposed to the WvW vets who can breeze through the gauntlet. The climb up the well is a great spot, just go ahead of them and jump down the middle into the water, they follow and just get confused, staying in the puzzle for much longer and weakening they forces, annoying them for help and/or resources.

Every PvE noob you leave in the Obsidian Sanctum at peak is a victory for your server.

Secretly creative

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

I … griefed him for a good 30 mins until he stopped coming back in, laughing at his dead body each time.

Some people just love to be bullies

That is so meta.

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

Because it’s a PvP area.

This and because it probably annoys the hell out of them.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

in WvW

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

Because it’s a PvP area.

Seriously, what’s so hard to understand.

The real question is why SHOULDN’T you kill enemy jumpers?

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

The amount of prints you get from the JP is hardly enough to lead a revolution in WvW. It’s far easier to kill a few players for the 6s for one print…imagine the silver and badges for ganking a zerg or killing a zerg at a huge defensive location where they all go in one big egg basket.

Being whacked in the JP is the same idea of burning the ant with the magnifying glass….it’s being done because “they can”. A vicious cycle (circle) of what was done to them and now will be passed on to you which you’ll pass on to someone else possibly (50/50). Is it wrong….not really in a pvp situation. Is it cool…only if you’re a child like mind that liked “boom headshot”.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

If someone is naked its really really really tempting to kill them for the easy kill and loot.

It like takes less than 5 seconds to down you when you are naked.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

The amount of prints you get from the JP is hardly enough to lead a revolution in WvW. It’s far easier to kill a few players for the 6s for one print…imagine the silver and badges for ganking a zerg or killing a zerg at a huge defensive location where they all go in one big egg basket.

Being whacked in the JP is the same idea of burning the ant with the magnifying glass….it’s being done because “they can”. A vicious cycle (circle) of what was done to them and now will be passed on to you which you’ll pass on to someone else possibly (50/50). Is it wrong….not really in a pvp situation. Is it cool…only if you’re a child like mind that liked “boom headshot”.

I’m actually suprised servers arent leveraging the jumping puzzle to there advantage..
Is 320 blueprints attained in less than 2 minutes a worthwhile use of time? Think about it.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Jumping puzzles = free siege.
Free siege = you taking my forts.
Killing enemies at jumping puzzles = less free siege for your team, more free siege for my team.

I dunno about “psychological”, but there’s a great STRATEGIC reason to camp the jumping puzzle.

You are basically asking us why we are camping the big free weapons arsenal. Silly question.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

because the puzzles are resources worth guarding and worth fighting for. they offer unique landscape that offer very interesting options to fight. from a camper’s point of view, the puzzles are ideal camping locations. they offer far more chance on one vs one or very small scale fighting than ‘out in the open’. i like fighting there. why should one not fight there ?

edit, and it reminds me a bit of Darkness Falls… oh, the good times in Darkness Falls

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Manoa.5897

Why the hell are you naked and guildless in a JP? I’m assuming you are just creating lv 2’s to farm it over and over for badges for a legendary. If that’s the case, man up and get the badges like a real man so you can show off your pixels in LA.

If you are just dumb enough to trust people not to kill you because you are naked, well then I got a bridge to sell you.

You do realize the JP badge accrual scales with level and a level 2 is only going to get 2-3 badges out of it, right? The time-to-effort is not really worth it on a level 2 unless a server has full control of the puzzle and a mesmer porting people to the top (or you just really love doing the puzzle).

I don’t know about the other folks running naked in the puzzle, but I do it because I expect people to be who they are and I don’t want to pay for the armor damage.

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Can I have a psychological approach?

Psychological approach?

OP thought if his character was naked and guildless that other players wouldn’t kill him in the jumping puzzle. OP was wrong and got killed and thought that if he went to the forum to QQ that would make them stop killing him or he could figure out why he got killed in a PVP zone.

Some people out there wont attack you in the JP they say they do it out of the goodness of their heart or whatever lol. In fact they themselves just dont want to be attacked in the jumping puzzle so they dont engage hoping that others wont engage them.

Simple PVP zone learn to play, less QQ more Pew pew.

Theres your Psychological answer lol

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

Killing people in MMO’s is fun? Particularly when they come to the forums afterwards?

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

1. Because it’s fun
2. You’re the enemy
3. It’s fun.
4. Loot
5. It’s fun.

Did I mention it’s fun?

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

JP in WvW should be removed or players in it should have the invulnerable buff (siege shouldn’t be able to be placed inside), players should ALWAYS drop at least 1 badge when killed, some objectives should also grant badges 1 up to 5 (not the dolyaks for obvious reasons) with this you would see a lot more players going for the “objectives”.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

naked char / guildless – alt char , he use 5 chars to farm badges
to balance sides, if somebody want free badges must earn them

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Nanoha.3892

Nanoha.3892

Why would you NOT kill them? I join wvw to kill people, no other reason. It baffled me when I was fighting 2 people in one of the jumping buzzles and the other people on my side stood around saying “leave them alone”. I killed them anyway (they weren’t naked) because that’s what wvw is about; killing the enemy.

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

I am offended by their promiscuity and retaliate against their exhibitionism.

Haven’t you nudists heard of public decency?! Feel the wrath of my judgemental prudishness!

in WvW

Posted by: rancidstick.2704

rancidstick.2704

They want to grief people and use the blueprint reward as an excuse. Random blueprint reward is not going to be a deciding factor in a wvw match. Same reason why people spawn camp.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

If you don’t want to get continually griefed in the JP, don’t keep going back to the JP directly are you got murdered. It’s a PvP zone. People are going to kill you. Crazy concept I know.

in WvW

Posted by: Farstufjollan.2530

Farstufjollan.2530

I think alot of people camp and gank in the puzzle because it gets you easy rewards. First you get badges from the chest and then from no effort kills on people that can’t reach you or practice naked pacifism.

If you are one of these naked pacifists a better idea would be to keep your clothes on, run away, use stealth/protect skills and if you still get downed use the hidden escape skill activated with the ALT+F4 button combination. I bet most people would eventually get sick of ganking if it just wasted their time and got them a big fat zero as a reward.

in WvW

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

Why kill invaders at jumping puzzles…

Because they’re evil.

And it’s really a CHEAP action to do.

(edited by sadatoni.6524)

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

You do realize the JP badge accrual scales with level and a level 2 is only going to get 2-3 badges out of it, right?

Admittedly the lowest toon I’ve done it on is 13, but my lvl 13 has got more badges than my lvl 80s many times. Unless it scales very quickly, I don’t think that’s right at all.

I don’t think it’s possible to get 2 badges either. Pretty sure it’s 3 – 6, since you always get 3 sets of badges that have 1 – 2 each.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Manoa.5897

You do realize the JP badge accrual scales with level and a level 2 is only going to get 2-3 badges out of it, right?

Admittedly the lowest toon I’ve done it on is 13, but my lvl 13 has got more badges than my lvl 80s many times. Unless it scales very quickly, I don’t think that’s right at all.

I don’t think it’s possible to get 2 badges either. Pretty sure it’s 3 – 6, since you always get 3 sets of badges that have 1 – 2 each.

You’re very likely correct about 3 badges being the absolute minimum. I couldn’t remember the exact minimum off the top of my head, so the 2-3 was a guess (obviously based on foggy memory). But I was farming this puzzle all week last week when our server had complete control of EB and can say for certain that the badge drops scale. My fresh-out-of-the-tutorial characters were scoring +/-3 badges each. They’re now around level 7 and they’re seeing 3-4 now. My low-teens characters were seeing around 5-6 badges. My high-40s character usually saw around 8-10. And my level 80 typically gets +/-16.

Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Going naked into a jumping puzzle is like dangling a piece of meat in front of a lion.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Well said Azure.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Same reason PKs kill players in other games. They enjoy it.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Saxon.1908

Saxon.1908

A: An easy kill towards those 50 needed for your Monthly Achieve.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

A: An easy kill towards those 50 needed for your Monthly Achieve.

That’s not really necessary :P I got them in the first 15 minutes I logged on after the reset on Friday.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Obie.3268

Obie.3268

I am keeping you from getting free sieges, and also because I’m doing something the WvW players on your server would’ve like to do to you since you’re essentially being a dead weight and taking up a queue spot that your server could’ve used to get another WvW player in.

Can you explain your psychological reasoning for doing WvW jumping puzzles at the expense of your server’s interests?

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

I just blow through the puzzles no point in killing people. Puzzles are the best reward:time spent ratio in wvw. Every second I spend fighting people reduces that and it helps my team very little.

Some might say it’s less siege for the enemy but honestly that’s a worthless ideal. While you spend 4 hours camping a jumping puzzle with 10-20 people your team up in the real world is getting farmed for badges because they have 10-20 less people there. You want to camp EB JP go ahead. I’ll go to the BL JP and do them in a blink of an eye and get 6 blue prints everyday no problem while you waste people guarding the lowest reward:time spent ratio JP.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

in WvW

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I am keeping you from getting free sieges, and also because I’m doing something the WvW players on your server would’ve like to do to you since you’re essentially being a dead weight and taking up a queue spot that your server could’ve used to get another WvW player in.

Can you explain your psychological reasoning for doing WvW jumping puzzles at the expense of your server’s interests?

PvE players are FORCED by ANet to be in W3 in order to complete the Jumping Puzzles and their World Completion.

Maybe you should be championing the removal of the Jumping Puzzles and the World Completion points from W3 so the “dead weight” PvE players stay out of W3.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior