Why solo roam on anything besides a thief?

in WvW

Posted by: FooDang.2498

FooDang.2498

Now, please stop calling stealth a crutch.

I’d hate to break it to you, its a crutch, but its cool, keep thinking your so awesome on your thief

the ability to break targeting is OP but I guess your delusional

PS. keep thinking your awesome, everyone else knows your not

Edit: look at it this way, any other class that does not have a stealth mechanic goes 1vX a group of people lets say 4, that’s 4 people that are focusing them, it takes skill to take every one of those enemies abilities, constantly, and survive let alone being able to stomp them and survive

stealth…it takes away the threat of 4 people having their targeting reticles on you, once you stealth its a guessing game, even if its for a few seconds that’s enough time to cut and run or line up for a ridiculous amount of dmg from backstab, Cloak and dagger? ive taken 5k dmg from cloak and dagger, and it stealths you when it hits, oh your stealth? heres a backstab for 9k dmg, 14k dmg and all you have to do is run up to someone and press 2 buttons while being untargetable and I have to guess a dodge roll because I cant see you, i’d like to welcome you to a troll class

(edited by FooDang.2498)

in WvW

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Everyone knows mesmer has almost as good stealth as thieves now

LOL mesmer stealth is nowhere near close to the OPness that is thief stealth. The problem of thief stealth isn’t the utility skills with reasonable cooldown giving stealth, it’s Pistol 5 + HS spam and to a lesser extend CnD that gives extremely long stealth uptime with no cooldown.

in WvW

Posted by: FooDang.2498

FooDang.2498

Perma stealth allows you to easily GUARANTEE INITIAL BURST in someone, and WHEN YOU MAKE A MISTAKE OR ARE LOW ON HEALTH YOU CAN PERMA STEALTH UNTIL YOU FULLY RECOVER

I LoL when I read that, you guys die a lot in WvW? reroll thief and have the ability to reset fights even if you make mistakes, this is coming from a skilled player not me, want to instagib people? don’t worry your burst is guaranteed

(edited by FooDang.2498)

in WvW

Posted by: Holm.7058

Holm.7058

It’s funny you complain about thief roaming when they’re possibly the worst class 1v1. They’re very good at sniping dollys but that’s about it.

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Not everyone enjoys being carried by their class -thieves/mesmers/guardians- and pretend it’s skill.

Oh please. Bad thieves/mesmers/guards will die in less than 10 seconds. Good ones however, take much longer.

Hmm? A mediocre player should last long, then.

You should know. Wonder how long you will last on a warrior.. that class won’t carry you.

in WvW

Aether McLoud.1975

It’s funny you complain about thief roaming when they’re possibly the worst class 1v1. They’re very good at sniping dollys but that’s about it.

Oh is it opposite day already?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

So… you trying to say that you think thief is possibly the best 1v1 class?

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I love my non-stealth thief. People really doesn’t expect a thief that doesn’t stealth, so I win most of the fights

I wouldn’t trade my thief for any other roaming profession

I’m guessing you did like me and invested heavily in the acrobatics trait line? I tried to make a super evasive ninja and just avoid getting hit rather than hide like a coward like most thieves. cuz lets face it, stealthing and hitting someone who can’t see you takes zero skill. I’d rather not be carried by a broken mechanic.

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I solo roam a fair bit and nearly never run head on into a group I cant handle.

Its not as if you cant see people a looong way off, long before they are any danger to you. As long as you’re observant and actually know what you’re doing you dont need stealth, just some half decent movement speed and you’ll be fine.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

The thing about thieves is that they seriously expose the skill gap between bad/beginner players and good players, and act as a “multiplier” on that gap. That is to say that a good player on an engineer or a warrior can go 1v3 with 3 bad players and eventually win, but it’ll probably take a minute or two. On a thief, because of their burst and mobility, it’ll only take a matter of seconds. For some reason people are fine with being beaten 3 against 1 when the 1 is an engineer or a mesmer, because they can easily see how they’ve been out-played. But if the 1 is a thief, then they start crying.

But you take that same good thief and put him up against a good engineer or warrior or necro, and suddenly its a different story. Against an opponent who knows what they’re doing, thieves are no better or worse than any other class.

While its annoying trying to track down a d/p thief hiding inside a keep, if you’re actually getting killed by a thief in anything other than 1v1, then it really is a L2P issue.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Aether McLoud.1975

Yes. Because if you’re not braindead you won’t ever lose 1vX as a thief because of stealth. On top of that they are a really good 1v1 class even without stealth.

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Yes. Because if you’re not braindead you won’t ever lose 1vX as a thief because of stealth. On top of that they are a really good 1v1 class even without stealth.

Please go try to fight a decent mes/eng/guard as a thief. Thief is too predictable to be a top tier 1v1 class. Running away doesn’t equal winning btw… that’s a loss.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Being good at running away doesn’t make a good 1v1 class.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Holm.7058

Holm.7058

Running away doesn’t make you a good 1v1 class either. I’ve duelled one thief in spvp that used mass shadowstep and he won against me engineer, but after a few rounds I learned his build and he didn’t stand a chance. I’ve met very good roaming thieves in WvW but I haven’t lost as engineer yet. If you want to defeat an engineer you have to apply constant pressure, and thieves cannot. Once they stealth they give engineer time to recover and use his shields in preparation for stealth attack. And once the engineer gets confusion in the thief cannot do anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Running away doesn’t make you a good 1v1 class either. I’ve duelled one thief in spvp that used mass shadowstep and he won against me engineer, but after a few rounds I learned his build and he didn’t stand a chance. I’ve met very good roaming thieves in WvW but I haven’t lost as engineer yet. If you want to defeat an engineer you have to apply constant pressure, and thieves cannot. Once they stealth they give engineer time to recover and use his shields in preparation for stealth attack. And once the engineer gets confusion in the thief cannot do anything.

Accurate comment. An eng who knows what he is doing is almost unbeatable for a thief….

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Aether McLoud.1975

Please go try to fight a decent mes/eng/guard as a thief. Thief is too predictable to be a top tier 1v1 class. Running away doesn’t equal winning btw… that’s a loss.

Bad thieves are predictable. And I regularly fight good mesmers/engis/guards on a thief. They all die like the kitten they are.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

If I may direct everyone’s attention to the title of the thread.

A good 1v1 class (however you want to define it) doesn’t necessarily make a good roamer. Even the best 1v1 player cannot 1v1 a zerg, because a) the player will die in about 0.5 seconds regardless of his skill and b) obviously it isn’t a 1v1 any more.

Minionmancers are really good at 1v1. So are spirit rangers. When was the last time you saw one of those roaming around?

Being able to escape zergs through speed/stealth and having the capability to take camps/dolyaks/sentries is the only thing that contributes to being a good roamer.

So to answer the question, no, there is nothing that comes close to the ability of a (non brain-dead)Thief to escape.

If the topic was “which class is the best at 1v1” then I would be inclined to suggest something other than Thief (Engineer?) but that’s not what it is asking at all. In fact, being able to 1v1 extremely well is even more useless than being a good roamer. Unless the enemy server has no groups larger than 2 in WvW, it is a very pointless ability to have.

Anyway I still don’t think Thieves are the worst at 1v1. Not the best, but not too bad either.

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

If I may direct everyone’s attention to the title of the thread.

A good 1v1 class (however you want to define it) doesn’t make a good roamer. Even the best player cannot 1v1 a zerg, because a) the player will die in about 0.5 seconds and b) it isn’t a 1v1 any more.

Minionmancers are really good at 1v1. So are spirit rangers. When was the last time you saw one of those roaming around?

Being able to escape zergs through speed/stealth and having the capability to take camps/dolyaks/sentries is the only thing that contributes to being a good roamer.

So to answer the question, no, there is nothing that comes close to the ability of a (non brain-dead)Thief to escape.

1v1 capability matters while roaming.

Doesn’t matter how much you can escape if you can’t do anything vs even a single decent player.

Thieves are boss at yak slapping though. I’ve slapped many yaks despite multiple baddies trying to stop me on a thief (P/D OP yak slapping yo!).

Capping a camp with even 1 decent defender of any class… or attacking a single decent mes/eng/guard… gl with that.

A thief in a small roaming party (small groups able to actually take a lightly defended camp) doesn’t add nearly as much as other classes would to the group composition.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

The point is that being able to escape matters more. I can always choose to not take a certain camp/dolyak/sentry and move on to something else if there is someone whom I cannot 1v1.

You can’t choose to escape if your class just doesn’t have the mobility/stealth to avoid getting run over by a zerg.

There are also things that can be done without having to 1v1, such as contesting keeps, following zergs, and setting up supply traps (and stealth traps, which are completely useless).

If I wanted an ego-measuring contest then I’d go play sPvP, not roam. Being able to 1v1 is of very little importance.

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

As an elementalist who played every other class for a good while, I will say that i do not consider thief a good 1v1 class.

If built for roaming, any mesmer, guardian, warrior, ranger, engi or hybridmancer should beat the crop out of a thief.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

The point is that being able to escape matters more. I can always choose to not take a certain camp/dolyak/sentry and move on to something else if there is someone whom I cannot 1v1.

You can’t choose to escape if your class just doesn’t have the mobility/stealth to avoid getting run over by a zerg.

There are also things that can be done without having to 1v1, such as contesting keeps, following zergs, and setting up supply traps (and stealth traps, which are completely useless).

If I wanted an ego-measuring contest then I’d go play sPvP, not roam. Being able to 1v1 is of very little importance.

From personal experience in higher tiers… you’ll be spending a LOT of time doing next to nothing if you expect to be able to accomplish much with just being able to run away and wait until no one is around.

Zergs are large and obvious. You don’t need stealth to see/avoid one. Zergs shouldn’t bother you much while you’re roaming solo anyways… there are more important/better things for them to be doing than worrying about a lone player.

Yea thieves make good scouts, but they are hardly the only class capable of doing it without dying. Same thing with placing supply traps unnoticed… and contesting keeps.

So in the end thieves are for running around, ganking yaks, and doing a whole lot of nothing. Wonderful.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Sunflowers is right. I belong to the probably more experienced guild in the world regarding roaming and ninjaing, and the main perk when doing this kind of activities is to escape, being able to disengage is crucial.
I have seen other classes a good performance in roaming, but to experienced eyes thief is the top one without doubt. Being able to reset fights and elude zergs means being able to stay alive for a long time in enemy field, being able to choose among objectives.
Other classes die a lot more and have to start their activity from the WP…loose of time and resources.

Best,

Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Would you solo roam on anything besides a thief?
If so – why?

I roam with my ranger, and I’m quite sure that goes way better than any thief.. Capping a camp in 1 minute, I’d like to see a solo thief do that..

Also, thief is a noob class, anyone can roll one and start trolling people, no skills needed..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Everyone needs to stop calling stealth a crutch. It’s not.

You’re right of course. It’s really more of a rascal scooter. It’s not helping you carry your weight, it’s carrying all of it.

There are no high skillcap thief builds. Stealth spammers kill newbs, evade spammers kill (either in game or through an aneurism IRL) skilled players. Either one could be played at the skill cap by this guy:

Attachments:

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

Solo roam in an Omega Golem, its cool you get to shoot rockets out of your @rse. You will go through a lot of golems but they are cheap so what the hell.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Tribio.8531

Solo roam in an Omega Golem, its cool you get to shoot rockets out of your @rse. You will go through a lot of golems but they are cheap so what the hell.

Haha, that would freakin crack me up.. If I should encounter a BT or Vabbi with a golem, you’ll get a free pass from me..
Just wanna check out how they gonna cap something silly like a camp with that thing..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Also, thief is a noob class, anyone can roll one and start trolling people, no skills needed..

There is absolutely no skill required to play a regentank that eats you with conditions and direct damage from pets worth some burstskills from other classes.
Dont be ridiculous, ranger is the most overpowered 1vX roamer in this game if playing bunker. You simply will not die!

And I played one for a while. It is boring and easy.

That sayed, no roamer requires any skill in this game.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in WvW

Tribio.8531

That sayed, no roamer requires any skill in this game.

No need to reply on you apparently, since you apparently know the slightest thing about roaming, making a statement like that..

Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Tribio.8531

Dont be ridiculous, ranger is the most overpowered 1vX roamer in this game if playing bunker. You simply will not die!

Haha, this cracked me up.. I’d love to see a solo bunker ranger roaming.. All he can do is tickle any enemies he sees (ok, he won’t die, but neither will he be killing). As mentioned, roaming is more than scouting the WvW map for other players to aggro..

Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I like the fact people think BM Bunkers only tickle people…

Then again, I was roaming on my Ranger back when everyone thought they suck and Elementalist/Thieves were the big bads in the game.

As for that other game zumy is talking about, I soloed in that game as well (DAOC right) and i did it on a Valkyrie, back when they were considered the worst class in the game (back before all their updates)… and after all their updates, instead of using my buffbot, I used CL Buffs on her to solo with…

So I think I have a good handle on Soloing in both games, and while its incredibly easy to fight 1v1 in pvp on a Bunker Ranger, that’s not where the skill comes from, the skill comes from fighting more than 1 and winning, I don’t win all those fights… But I enjoy those fights never the less.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Then again, I was roaming on my Ranger back when everyone thought they suck and Elementalist/Thieves were the big bads in the game.

As for that other game zumy is talking about, I soloed in that game as well (DAOC right) and i did it on a Valkyrie, back when they were considered the worst class in the game (back before all their updates)… and after all their updates, instead of using my buffbot, I used CL Buffs on her to solo with…

So I think I have a good handle on Soloing in both games, and while its incredibly easy to fight 1v1 in pvp on a Bunker Ranger, that’s not where the skill comes from, the skill comes from fighting more than 1 and winning, I don’t win all those fights… But I enjoy those fights never the less.

I war referring to WAR, but same point. I roamed on a Shadow Warrior. A class considered a wasted slot util they made it overpowered in 2012.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

Thief Small scale is only hard if you make it hard for you, having both a Thief and a Ranger I find the Thief to be better at escaping fights, and often winning them faster then a BM Bunker Ranger.

Granted I realized long ago that if you want to be successful at small scale pvp, Healing Power is required.

in WvW

Tribio.8531

But the trueth is, that you said thief Is a noob class, when thief in smallscale is way harder to play vs skilled players than a ranger ;-). You were looking for it and you got it.

Hehe, true.. I shoot and I scored! :-)

No, the thing I wanted to mention here: A thief has no learning curve. If I should buy GW fresh as a new player and would roll a thief as first toon, I’ll be owning people in no time (and if I don’t, they won’t kill me, since I just stealth/reset).
While any other class has some learning curve (steeper for one class than for another): It takes some time to play your ranger before you’re confident enough to take on those two players you see wandering around (for example)..

Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

I war referring to WAR, but same point. I roamed on a Shadow Warrior. A class considered a wasted slot util they made it overpowered in 2012.

Rofl, I did the same on Shadow Warrior, I also had a Squig Herder I soloed on as well (and Knight and Black Orc, but I played the other two more solo)

I went by the name of Sorovos in that game on my SW and SH

By the way, Shadow Warrior wasn’t completely terrible, I actually found its Skirmishing Mode to be better then SH to be honest just cause of the Knockdown (Before the overpowered it), the only classes that’d give you real trouble were DoKs (Nuking for me then I actually hit for, which i found rather annoying) and Blackguards (remember those walking gods)

in WvW

Zumy.6318

But the trueth is, that you said thief Is a noob class, when thief in smallscale is way harder to play vs skilled players than a ranger ;-). You were looking for it and you got it.

Hehe, true.. I shoot and I scored! :-)

No, the thing I wanted to mention here: A thief has no learning curve. If I should buy GW fresh as a new player and would roll a thief as first toon, I’ll be owning people in no time (and if I don’t, they won’t kill me, since I just stealth/reset).
While any other class has some learning curve (steeper for one class than for another): It takes some time to play your ranger before you’re confident enough to take on those two players you see wandering around (for example)..

You have a point there, but you will not be owning good players with knowledge of thieves. you will be owning the ppor guys searching for a zerg to PvDoor with. Thief excels at that, I cannot deny that.

But thieves do bring way less to the table to a 5 man team than any other roaming class. Well there always is SR, so you will need a thief to disengage or ress. Oh wait, Mesmers can do that too and without the need to walk into it or the danger to get revealed :-).

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

While you bring less to groups than other classes on a thief, Thief honestly is the best zerg class in the game if your goal is to get tons of kills and and bags.

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Rofl, I did the same on Shadow Warrior, I also had a Squig Herder I soloed on as well (and Knight and Black Orc, but I played the other two more solo)

By the way, Shadow Warrior wasn’t completely terrible, I actually found its Skirmishing Mode to be better then SH to be honest just cause of the Knockdown (Before the overpowered it), the only classes that’d give you real trouble were DoKs (Nuking for me then I actually hit for, which i found rather annoying) and Blackguards (remember those walking gods)

I considered both (SH and SW) to be very strong roamers and also played skirmish/assault and after 2011 late patches skirmish/scout. I loved to roam with it. I did almost 100% solo from 0 to 100 :-). Yea, BG were nasty, but they would not cath you with odjira and QE.

While you bring less to groups than other classes on a thief, Necro honestly is the best zerg class in the game if your goal is to get tons of kills and and bags.

Fixed that for you :-D.

Kidding, both are really great for that if thief is traited for initregen and wearing PVT he can clusterbomb his way through every zerg.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

Odjira, don’t get me started on that god awful gem.

That was the biggest load of crap they added to that game, It made Kiting Classes like the SH/SW incredibly screwed over by things like Ironbreaker and Chosen.

I’d be playing my SH and i’d hit an Ironbreaker and he’s zoom over and kill me in like 3 seconds.

I took my SH to RR80 (level 1-40 completely via pvp, no PVE done on my SH)

I forget how I lvled my SW, I think it did it the same way….

I still remember killing Choppa’s in that game on my SW, what an unfair fight that was.

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

I considered both (SH and SW) to be very strong roamers and also played skirmish/assault and after 2011 late patches skirmish/scout. I loved to roam with it. I did almost 100% solo from 0 to 100 :-). Yea, BG were nasty, but they would not cath you with odjira and QE.

While you bring less to groups than other classes on a thief, Necro honestly is the best zerg class in the game if your goal is to get tons of kills and and bags.

Fixed that for you :-D.

Kidding, both are really great for that if thief is traited for initregen and wearing PVT he can clusterbomb his way through every zerg.

I actually think Necro is not as good for zerging as a Thief is, I think Necro’s contribute more to the fight then a Thief…but if your goal is to get bags and kills, Thief has no equal because of Choking Gas on Shortbow…Remember, the goal on getting kills/bags is not actually killing people, Its hitting as many people as possible.

To which the Thief has no Equal.

in WvW

Zumy.6318

If he proccs odjira, then use LoTD unblockable trinket and snare/kd.

Yes, killing Choppas was awfully easy on any range dps class. Pity I did not have a computer good enough to fraps back then. Some epic 1vs5 in dragonwake vs sorcs, welfs and choppas.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Xsorus.2507

I wish I had fraps back in the day, I would have a hilarious fight recorded with my friend fighting a 6 man guild group in Reikland, Kept knocking people off the side of the cliff into the Water and we slowly killed them that way…I wish i had that fight recorded.

I didn’t have the LOTD trinket, i really needed to get stuff like that.

in WvW

Zumy.6318

I wish I had fraps back in the day, I would have a hilarious fight recorded with my friend fighting a 6 man guild group in Reikland, Kept knocking people off the side of the cliff into the Water and we slowly killed them that way…I wish i had that fight recorded.

I didn’t have the LOTD trinket, i really needed to get stuff like that.

Good old days.

CU is coming!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Stop talking about WAR. You’re making me miss my BG and WL.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Stop talking about WAR. You’re making me miss my BG and WL.

WL in full deffset and siphon vitality. That was brutal.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

That’s still probably d/d elementalist, but thief is best BY FAR when it comes to duels that aren’t set up in a fight club.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Does anyone ever wonder that there is maybe the slight possibility that they… you know, suck?

in WvW

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

I’d hate to break it to you, its a crutch, but its cool, keep thinking your so awesome on your thief

Edit: look at it this way, any other class that does not have a stealth mechanic goes 1vX a group of people lets say 4, that’s 4 people that are focusing them, it takes skill to take every one of those enemies abilities, constantly, and survive let alone being able to stomp them and survive

stealth…it takes away the threat of 4 people having their targeting reticles on you, once you stealth its a guessing game, even if its for a few seconds that’s enough time to cut and run or line up for a ridiculous amount of dmg from backstab, Cloak and dagger? ive taken 5k dmg from cloak and dagger, and it stealths you when it hits, oh your stealth? heres a backstab for 9k dmg, 14k dmg and all you have to do is run up to someone and press 2 buttons while being untargetable and I have to guess a dodge roll because I cant see you, i’d like to welcome you to a troll class

Despite what you say the sky is blue and you can’t change that.
(Stealth is not a crutch and you can’t change that)

You never argued any of my points. You just took one sentence and said “lol wrong” and started rambling on about something unrelated. You don’t have valid points about being unable to deny backstab as I have met several players who are very good at denying backstabs.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Despite what you say the sky is blue and you can’t change that.
(Stealth is not a crutch and you can’t change that)

You never argued any of my points. You just took one sentence and said “lol wrong” and started rambling on about something unrelated. You don’t have valid points about being unable to deny backstab as I have met several players who are very good at denying backstabs.

It can be just that you are bad at landing them, though.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Zumy.6318

That’s still probably d/d elementalist, but thief is best BY FAR when it comes to duels that aren’t set up in a fight club.

Hm… what exactly makes you think that?
S/D (not D/D) is very strong 1vs1. D/D has balanced chances if not played overly bunker versus other ppl skilled and geared for 1vs1.

Ranger, Mesmer and Engi would make my top 3. But just because there are few good wariiors. A good warrior can kill anything 1vs1.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I’m not sure why people associate roaming with dueling so much. I solo roam alot but I don’t do it to get some 1v1s. I can faceroll 90% of those and win. I can’t even recall the last time I lost a 1v1 out in the open. If I want good duels I’ll ask in a dueling guild… and change my roaming build to a 1v1 build because they are not the same thing.

I solo roam to fight against the odds, to find a group of 2-3-4 guys and show them how it’s done. I can do that on my engie better than I can do on my thief.

regarding WAR: gork sez stop kittenes.
also, you can’t mention wl in full deff set and syphon vit and then say it war required more skill :p renown ranks > skill

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos