Why solo roam on anything besides a thief?

in WvW

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

Now, please stop calling stealth a crutch.

I’d hate to break it to you, its a crutch, but its cool, keep thinking your so awesome on your thief

the ability to break targeting is OP but I guess your delusional

PS. keep thinking your awesome, everyone else knows your not

Edit: look at it this way, any other class that does not have a stealth mechanic goes 1vX a group of people lets say 4, that’s 4 people that are focusing them, it takes skill to take every one of those enemies abilities, constantly, and survive let alone being able to stomp them and survive

stealth…it takes away the threat of 4 people having their targeting reticles on you, once you stealth its a guessing game, even if its for a few seconds that’s enough time to cut and run or line up for a ridiculous amount of dmg from backstab, Cloak and dagger? ive taken 5k dmg from cloak and dagger, and it stealths you when it hits, oh your stealth? heres a backstab for 9k dmg, 14k dmg and all you have to do is run up to someone and press 2 buttons while being untargetable and I have to guess a dodge roll because I cant see you, i’d like to welcome you to a troll class

Despite what you say the sky is blue and you can’t change that.
(Stealth is not a crutch and you can’t change that)

You never argued any of my points. You just took one sentence and said “lol wrong” and started rambling on about something unrelated. You don’t have valid points about being unable to deny backstab as I have met several players who are very good at denying backstabs.

It can be just that you are bad at landing them, though.

Again, my arguments still stand and your refusal and/or inability to refute them speaks for itself.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

It’s funny you complain about thief roaming when they’re possibly the worst class 1v1. They’re very good at sniping dollys but that’s about it.

Oh is it opposite day already?

So… you trying to say that you think thief is possibly the best 1v1 class?

That’s still probably d/d elementalist, but thief is best BY FAR when it comes to duels that aren’t set up in a fight club.

Hm… what exactly makes you think that?
S/D (not D/D) is very strong 1vs1. D/D has balanced chances if not played overly bunker versus other ppl skilled and geared for 1vs1.

Ranger, Mesmer and Engi would make my top 3. But just because there are few good wariiors. A good warrior can kill anything 1vs1.

I think it’s the versality of D/D elementalist that makes it good 1v1 class. I feel that s/d has more counters.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I’m not sure why people associate roaming with dueling so much. I solo roam alot but I don’t do it to get some 1v1s. I can faceroll 90% of those and win. I can’t even recall the last time I lost a 1v1 out in the open. If I want good duels I’ll ask in a dueling guild… and change my roaming build to a 1v1 build because they are not the same thing.

I solo roam to fight against the odds, to find a group of 2-3-4 guys and show them how it’s done. I can do that on my engie better than I can do on my thief.

regarding WAR: gork sez stop kittenes.
also, you can’t mention wl in full deff set and syphon vit and then say it war required more skill :p renown ranks > skill

And this is why I lose some duels. I wont ever change for a duelling spec. All I change is one utility. Why? Well because I want to get better at what I use for roaming. Not at some superberserk fresh air build :-P.

The WL thingy was a joke and regarding your thing about rr > skill:

My lvl 37 shammy beat every single RR100 slayer, wl and whitchhunter at the K-N duelling spot a week before I left for GW2.
Screww RR if you are green!

Morkgasm! Best shammy name ever

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I’d hate to break it to you, its a crutch, but its cool, keep thinking your so awesome on your thief

Edit: look at it this way, any other class that does not have a stealth mechanic goes 1vX a group of people lets say 4, that’s 4 people that are focusing them, it takes skill to take every one of those enemies abilities, constantly, and survive let alone being able to stomp them and survive

stealth…it takes away the threat of 4 people having their targeting reticles on you, once you stealth its a guessing game, even if its for a few seconds that’s enough time to cut and run or line up for a ridiculous amount of dmg from backstab, Cloak and dagger? ive taken 5k dmg from cloak and dagger, and it stealths you when it hits, oh your stealth? heres a backstab for 9k dmg, 14k dmg and all you have to do is run up to someone and press 2 buttons while being untargetable and I have to guess a dodge roll because I cant see you, i’d like to welcome you to a troll class

You never argued any of my points. You just took one sentence and said “lol wrong” and started rambling on about something unrelated. You don’t have valid points about being unable to deny backstab as I have met several players who are very good at denying backstabs.

Again, my arguments still stand and your refusal and/or inability to refute them speaks for itself.

What arguments? That you know people who are “good at denying backstabs”? Well then I know people who never ever miss a backstab. You do realise that these aren’t arguments at all?

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

It’s funny you complain about thief roaming when they’re possibly the worst class 1v1. They’re very good at sniping dollys but that’s about it.

Oh is it opposite day already?

So… you trying to say that you think thief is possibly the best 1v1 class?

That’s still probably d/d elementalist, but thief is best BY FAR when it comes to duels that aren’t set up in a fight club.

Hm… what exactly makes you think that?
S/D (not D/D) is very strong 1vs1. D/D has balanced chances if not played overly bunker versus other ppl skilled and geared for 1vs1.

Ranger, Mesmer and Engi would make my top 3. But just because there are few good wariiors. A good warrior can kill anything 1vs1.

I think it’s the versality of D/D elementalist that makes it good 1v1 class. I feel that s/d has more counters.

It is a good 1v1 class, as you dont have to do mutch to adapt, yes. But you dont really excel at anything. S/D has high burst and 2 on demand blinds on good range + the same cc as d/d. I would say it is stronger 1v1. The d/d rotations get pretty predictable, but a fresh air S/D build… you never know when to dodge. and it has the ´same sustain.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in WvW

Archon.6481

What arguments? That you know people who are “good at denying backstabs”? Well then I know people who never ever miss a backstab. You do realise that these aren’t arguments at all?

You’re not even reading my posts. That wasn’t my argument. Read my posts before that.

Main Point: Stealth is not a crutch.
Argument: Go back and look for it.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: FooDang.2498

FooDang.2498

ok my previous response got infracted so i guess ill keep this one moderately clean, let me explain why people say stealth is a crutch

you said previously if you make a mistake or low on health you can just perma-stealth until you are full on life again

let play out a scenario

unsuspecting newb: " La La La what a beautiful day in EB let me go and get some supply and run to the zerg"

Thief: "Mwahahahaha I live for this moment!! "
*Stealth
*Instagib

unsuspecting Newb: "AHHhaphuhenfeinsjdfbsahfiu /map I Hate Thieves!!

meanwhile the thief is too busy /laugh to notice the party of 4 jumping him from behind

Thief: "Nooooo, my legs!! help me im too young to die!! if only i had something, anything to help me get back on my feet….oh wait a minute *Stealth

Thief “Mwahahahahahaha!!”

Edit: I’ve beaten my fair share of thieves 1v1, I’m just saying the stealth mechanic rendering the thief unable to be targeted is a crutch and the class itself is a troll class

(edited by FooDang.2498)

in WvW

Archon.6481

ok my previous response got infracted so i guess ill keep this one moderately clean, let me explain why people say stealth is a crutch

you said previously if you make a mistake or low on health you can just perma-stealth until you are full on life again

let play out a scenario

unsuspecting newb: " La La La what a beautiful day in EB let me go and get some supply and run to the zerg"

Thief: "Mwahahahaha I live for this moment!! "
*Stealth
*Instagib

unsuspecting Newb: "AHHhaphuhenfeinsjdfbsahfiu /map I Hate Thieves!!

meanwhile the thief is too busy /laugh to notice the party of 4 jumping him from behind

Thief: "Nooooo, my legs!! help me im too young to die!! if only i had something, anything to help me get back on my feet….oh wait a minute *Stealth

Thief “Mwahahahahahaha!!”

Edit: I’ve beaten my fair share of thieves 1v1, I’m just saying the stealth mechanic rendering the thief unable to be targeted is a crutch and the class itself is a troll class

Since you are clearly not actually reading that post let me explain it again.

A crutch makes bad players better, but makes good players worse.

Training wheels in real life for example. An new bicyclist may use them since they any properly balance themself. An experienced bicyclist however, is perfectly capable of balancing themself and the extra wheels inhibit their ability to turn and manuever.

Crutches (the ones you walk with) are another example. People who are incapable of walking use them so they CAN walk. But people who already can walk, will find it harder to walk with crutches than without.

Stealth can make bad players better because it easily allows you to coverup mistakes, but in what way does stealth inhibit the ability of good players?

To put it simply: It doesn’t.
Ergo, stealth is not a crutch.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

(edited by Archon.6481)

in WvW

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

When Im running around by myself only about 1 in 15 or so people I find is a thief… And even then I only die to about 1 in 20 of them, generally because of a mistake on my part. Thief isnt really that super awesome kill you dead class. It’s not like its a Necromancer or something.

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in WvW

Archon.6481

When Im running around by myself only about 1 in 15 or so people I find is a thief… And even then I only die to about 1 in 20 of them, generally because of a mistake on my part. Thief isnt really that super awesome kill you dead class. It’s not like its a Necromancer or something.

Necromancer isn’t really one either…

Thieves actually make much better roamers than necros.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I roam on necro, mesmer and thief and I find they have their up and downsides. Thief has the best escape ebilities and can easier then the other 2 professions take on mutliple opponents on the same time. On the other hand, capping camps is harder with my thief. With my necro I can easily take on any 1v1 and even 1v2 (depending on skill level on coordination of those 2). Capping camps is super fast and easy and taking care of mercenarries in EB is super quickly done. Most thieves are one of the easiest targets of my necro. My mesmer has a middle thing of both, having some good escape abilities (and lately I am trying out a manipulation and reflection build) also has some nice tankieness. Also taking camps and mercenarries is quite easy and I can take on 1v1 till 1v3 even.

So my concusion is, that all professions I have some experience with (necro, mesmer, thief) have potential to roam solo, each one with their own strengths and weaknesses. The one but who plays WvW for the badges and the WXP/Karma/silver, will find thieves the worst. The onw, who is a tue WvW player, not caring about those things but the enjoyment of WvW itself will find no real issue with them. I myself am looking out for thieves, to fight them for they are supposed to be the worst, not emntioning that a engenier yesterday killed me within seconds and I still don’t know how he did it^^ I killed him later in a Zerg fight (teleported behind the front line and focused him down, then I ran as hell) and got my revange^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I do allot of yaking on my ranger pre lb buff I’m sure it’s even better now. I don’t like how ele plays, but that is prolly another good one. A shatter mesmer with blink would be good aswell. Really the only classes I would not want to roam on are guard necro and engi.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

I solo roam on my Berserker elemantalist.

AmateurNet

in WvW

Archon.6481

Until you meet a zerker thief and eat a 2k steal, 6k Cnd, and 11k backstab onto your 13k health

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Nihilus.3015

Until you meet a zerker thief and eat a 2k steal, 6k Cnd, and 11k backstab onto your 13k health

I actually look to spike thieves, they’re the easiest. My highest spike is 35k in 1.5 seconds. I got 11.8k health

AmateurNet

in WvW

Archon.6481

I actually look to spike thieves, they’re the easiest. My highest spike is 35k in 1.5 seconds. I got 11.8k health

So I perma stealth with basilisk venom, backstab you for 9k, then you’re a single auto attack or Heartseeker away from death.

EDIT:
Actually I can just CnD backstab for a 2-shot

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

(edited by Archon.6481)

in WvW

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Ranger > thief.

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Guardian > thief

They have stealth, you have so much toughness + block + healing/protection that they burn everything up and get retaliationed at the same time.
They have blind. You have blind. With a sword its faster than Thief.

Except. I can hit you in stealth. And you can’t hit me. While my toughness and blocking is universal.
Advantage gained.

Fat class for the win.
Berz thieves beware. As soon as I see my aegis “Block” come up, I pop another with retaliation. You stealth? Greatsword 5 skill targets you in it. And spin to win will remove half your health while you’re still on the floor.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

Archon.6481

Guardian > thief

They have stealth, you have so much toughness + block + healing/protection that they burn everything up and get retaliationed at the same time.
They have blind. You have blind. With a sword its faster than Thief.

Except. I can hit you in stealth. And you can’t hit me. While my toughness and blocking is universal.
Advantage gained.

Fat class for the win.
Berz thieves beware. As soon as I see my aegis “Block” come up, I pop another with retaliation. You stealth? Greatsword 5 skill targets you in it. And spin to win will remove half your health while you’re still on the floor.

You do realize that aegis doesn’t break stealth right? With 3k armor, my backstabs still hit for 7k. Sure you can hit me while I’m in stealth… If I’m actually in melee range. GS#5? Psssh, dodge it. Your blind is on like a 12s CD while mine is spammable. Not to mention I can stand in the blind field so that you also have to stand in it to hit me, while you get spam blinded.

Even if you get me low —→ perma stealth until full health.
I have never lost to a guardian before in a 1v1.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Currently thiefs don’t really bring anything in WvW then just annoying people who insist on killing them rather then just moving on.

Pvt shortbow thieves disagree with you.
Thieves are very useful outside of roaming, it is instantly noticable when a good commander calls for blast finishers and there are no shortbow thieves present.

in WvW

Nihilus.3015

So I perma stealth with basilisk venom, backstab you for 9k, then you’re a single auto attack or Heartseeker away from death.

EDIT:

Sure but I spike thieves while they’re stealthed too.

AmateurNet

in WvW

Archon.6481

EDIT:

I’m 1500 range away when I enter stealth what are you supposed to do about that?

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Funny thread since thief is s very weak class 1v1 when both players are skilled.

If you are dying to solo thieves its a lack of skill on your part

Are you saying you can take any zerg build and 1v1 a dedicating and skilled roaming thief and win?

Some builds are just not designed to 1v1. Half of the roaming videos out there show roamers with optimised duelling builds fighting players with full zerg builds, designed for party support and siege tactics.

in WvW

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

I solo roam on a warrior. Greatsword and sword/shield gives me mobility that can rival a thief, without the QQ for being a thief.

in WvW

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

Some builds are just not designed to 1v1. Half of the roaming videos out there show roamers with optimised duelling builds fighting players with full zerg builds, designed for party support and siege tactics.

Why are the players geared up to be a zergling even fighting a 1v1? While I’m roaming I often see super-tanky boon zerg guardians or staff elementalists running around solo. What am I supposed to do? Let the person run off?

in WvW

Nihilus.3015

EDIT:

I’m 1500 range away when I enter stealth what are you supposed to do about that?

Spike you into oblivion

AmateurNet

in WvW

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

IMHO, with the healing signet change warriors are really nice to roam with.

Skullclamp

in WvW

Posted by: Kam.8109

Kam.8109

Would you solo roam on anything besides a thief?
If so – why?.

For the challenge.

Still loling from this.

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Would you solo roam on anything besides a thief?
If so – why?.

For the challenge.

Still loling from this.

I think he is talking about resource management vs. rotation.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Funny thread since thief is s very weak class 1v1 when both players are skilled.

If you are dying to solo thieves its a lack of skill on your part

Are you saying you can take any zerg build and 1v1 a dedicating and skilled roaming thief and win?

I’m just wondering why all these people with group builds walk around solo… not doing stupid stuff like that that is part of basic knowledge/skill to me…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

A Warrior wielding greatsword and sword and using the mobile strike trait and the Bull Rush skill is arguably more faster/has better mobility than any Thief build

Um… what? Surely you can’t be serious. I’ll race you on my Thief against your maximum mobility Warrior. I’m willing to wager 200 gold that there’s no way in hell Warrior has better mobility than Thief.

in WvW

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

A Warrior wielding greatsword and sword and using the mobile strike trait and the Bull Rush skill is arguably more faster/has better mobility than any Thief build

Um… what? Surely you can’t be serious. I’ll race you on my Thief against your maximum mobility Warrior. I’m willing to wager 200 gold that there’s no way in hell Warrior has better mobility than Thief.

Over a long distance, a warrior with sword / war horn (cd reduction), GS (cd reduction), bullscharge (+cd reduction) might win against a short bow thief over a longer distance, just due to perma swiftness and high uptime of movement skills

Skullclamp

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Whilst in combat, the warrior wins the run race. Out of combat, a thief is quicker.

in WvW

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Over a long distance, a warrior with sword / war horn (cd reduction), GS (cd reduction), bullscharge (+cd reduction) might win against a short bow thief over a longer distance, just due to perma swiftness and high uptime of movement skills

Me and a friend already raced with builds that gave maximum possible mobility for each class and Thief won by a longshot, Warrior did get 2nd place though. But in the end it wasn’t even a competition, Thief rebuilds initiative way too fast for the Warriors CD’s to keep up with, even with reduced times.

in WvW

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

But mobility with a warrior doesn’t leave you useless in a fight, thieves often use a utility or two and most of their initiative to catch me on my warrior. I promptly turn around and collect my bag.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in WvW

Posted by: Kreten.9208

Kreten.9208

I solo roam on my full rabid/undead rune – condition/tank mesmer. 1v1 is almost never a problem.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The best solo roaming classes:

Mesmer
Ele
Thief

If you enjoy roaming, those have the best chance.

in WvW

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

No thief have ever catched my warrior GS/Sword+Shield, Bull Rush, runner build. Some even throw dagger to cripple me but ending up reflected thanks to shield back to them and watch them cry.

But roaming thieves are dull to fight so I hardly even try to because they can disangage as soon as they see their kitten being handed back to them or waste enough time vs them for their friends to arrive. Usually solo thieves in WvWvW probably making youtube video of their l33tness and all so I casually stand AFK for them to finish me so they get nice footage and handful of views for their youtube channel.

(edited by VictorTroska.3725)

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Also, thief is a noob class, anyone can roll one and start trolling people, no skills needed..

There is absolutely no skill required to play a regentank that eats you with conditions and direct damage from pets worth some burstskills from other classes.
Dont be ridiculous, ranger is the most overpowered 1vX roamer in this game if playing bunker. You simply will not die!

And I played one for a while. It is boring and easy.

That sayed, no roamer requires any skill in this game.

true, using apoth gear, you can spam out almost as OP condition bursts as a any necro. And your pet (if using cats) can do bursts up to 7k, regularly. Add ontop of that a tonn of healing, and the ability to mitigate 3 conditions/10 sec.
And still have enough armor, HP and utilities to dodge to the end of the world and back.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I’ll race you on my Thief against your maximum mobility Warrior. I’m willing to wager 200 gold that there’s no way in hell Warrior has better mobility than Thief.

There are some speed warriors that are ridiculously fast and in a sprint I find it hard to believe they can be easily caught. Even if you can catch that that tiger, the thief will be spent. CHAR group from Ebay runs at least one warrior that has incredible speed.

NS has some Rangers that are unconventionally fast. I chased one from QL through Dane across our spawn point, behind Bravost, past Umber and finally got him before Ogres. He would stop, use a skill or pet to put me in combat/fear and take off again. Had a teammate cut him off with a stun he would have gotten away.

Also our D/D ele is probably the fastest player on our team. Blows through his skills, drops that fire sword and then rotates skills again. It can be really hard to catch a perma-swift with a dozen surge skills.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Straegen, I encountered a speed warrior from BG like you describe the other day. Spent 10 min chasing him while skirmishing, and in the end he still got away. The Rocket Boots+Net Shot combo was little help as he seemed to block every one I did.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

I solo roam on a warrior.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNAR5ejkOBvtQyQMxBEkCNMLOKUCmQ9wOqj4A-jEyAYLBZCDAhIyJwioxWBLiGr2GT5KErijqMAMjB-w

With bloodlust stacks I have nearly 3700 attack with 3000 armor, 60% crit chance with fury, 100% crit chance on stuns, and 83% crit damage. For more a more offensive approach sometimes I swap Last Stand with Cleansing Ire and swap Signet of Stamina for Bull’s Charge for even more CC juggling. Thieves? No problem with this build.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Do you play singleplayer games? Did you play Civilization V? At first I was playing in difficult 2, now I’m playing in 6,

That’s the reason to roam with another class,

Unless you like the “easy mod” forever that’s the reason, and because killing a D/P thief with a stealth trap and dance over his dead body is the most funny thing i did in this game,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in WvW

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Real men roam warrior!

You’re joking, right?

Tell me, sir: what’s the difference between a Warrior and an Elemental?

None: they both run away from fights.

Well, I think we can all agree that warriors using GSM and one handed sword have less testosterone than justin bieber,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in WvW

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

No thief have ever catched my warrior GS/Sword+Shield, Bull Rush, runner build. Some even throw dagger to cripple me but ending up reflected thanks to shield back to them and watch them cry.

But roaming thieves are dull to fight so I hardly even try to because they can disangage as soon as they see their kitten being handed back to them or waste enough time vs them for their friends to arrive. Usually solo thieves in WvWvW probably making youtube video of their l33tness and all so I casually stand AFK for them to finish me so they get nice footage and handful of views for their youtube channel.

Then you have the worst Thieves on your server. I stop Greatsword Warriors often. Your server thieves must ‘all’ use Daggers, which is the normal easy setup to learn and has a lot of spammable “oh cool!” abilities on it.

Sadly these typical thieves you speak of do not know about an ability that stops you guys from running away. Most thieves will reply with the wrong skill below (I guarantee it) but I don’t re-return to threads often enough unless it is something I actually care to check often. This thread is not one of them.

Real men roam warrior!

You’re joking, right?

Tell me, sir: what’s the difference between a Warrior and an Elemental?

None: they both run away from fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I don’t belive so. I use a Guardian for guild raids but for roaming I use a Warrior due how fast He can cover the landscape and how effortlesy can disengage and outrun enemy forces without giving up damage or tankiness.

Think about: the Warrior has an elite skill which happens to be both his best dueling elite and which can be traited to grant perma-swiftness (Signet of Rage). He can also have a 25% faster speed just using a trait (Warrior’s Sprint) without wasting a utility skill slot (Signet of Shadows, I’m looking at you!). It happens also that the same trait line (Discipline) in which are located both the signet cooldown reduction (Signet Mastery) and Warrior’s Sprint offers two ultra appealing perks: Fast Hands and Mobile Strikes. Fast Hands is uber useful as tactical tool, and Mobile Strikes combined with weapons as the Greatsword, Sword and utilities as Bull’s Charge makes most of attempts of stopping a warrior in a run away just hopeless except against zergs stacking skills over time -which aren’t that problematic due zergs are easy to see and avoid-.

My current build for roaming as a Warrior uses Melandru runes + condition reduction food, Dogged March and Last Stand; He moves faster than any other roamer I have found in WvW for weeks, He’s tanky enough to survive ambushes from a couple of thieves focusing his burst on Him and being able to run away without problem. Of course as a Thief most of players can just disengage risky fights just with stealth, but in terms of speed (to being able to go from end to end of the map) even remotely close to a Warrior you must tune the Thief in ways that badly hurts his output damage. That doesn’t happens with the Warrior.

Just to be clear: I’m not saying that Warriors are better than Thieves for foaming purposes -the aren’t), I’m saying that Warrior currently have better speed/mobility and that can be useful for that kind of gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

This is what i ask people, what class is more “i win button” than a thief? Don’t want to sound like dat qq person but when a class has so much stealth/dps and mobility with infiltrator arrow alone there’s no point of playing another class and it shows in wvw to perfection.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Seriously? Thief is the most boring class ever. You either one-shot your opponent or you run away.

It’s about exactly as much skill and fun as snatching handbags off little old ladies.

What about two/three shotting some1, switch target, two/three shotting another guy, shadow refuge stomp both and go do the same on other? Not hard even when you’re outnumbered because you can always stealth/infiltrator arrow or Heartseeker across the map and no1 can catch you… This is pretty much the only class in the game that has close to no penalty when wearing full zerker

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

^The thing is you don’t NEED to wear full zerker. I don’t anyway, that’s just foolish. You have a trait that gives you 100% crit chance when attacking from stealth. And when you practically stealth everytime you fart, you don’t need that precision. I use cavalier’s and valk on my thief. Tanky, huge damage, 100% crit chance, can always get away. Conditions mean nothing either and your regen for a decent amount when stealthed as well. You will NOT kill a thief unless he’s horrible. You can only die to him or he will escape. THAT’s why you roam thief. It’s like using a game genie and giving yourself the god mode cheat.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

^The thing is you don’t NEED to wear full zerker. I don’t anyway, that’s just foolish. You have a trait that gives you 100% crit chance when attacking from stealth. And when you practically stealth everytime you fart, you don’t need that precision. I use cavalier’s and valk on my thief. Tanky, huge damage, 100% crit chance, can always get away. Conditions mean nothing either and your regen for a decent amount when stealthed as well. You will NOT kill a thief unless he’s horrible. You can only die to him or he will escape. THAT’s why you roam thief. It’s like using a game genie and giving yourself the god mode cheat.

My engie and his constant CC/blocks/invulns disagrees. Thieves are yummy loot bags.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)