Will vendors be updated for PoF?

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

Hi, just curious if the ascended gear and Proof of heroics vendor will be properly updated for the upcoming expansion.

Will we get immediate access to new sigils, runes, recipes, hero points, and stat combinations on ascended gear?

Also, can you please add skirmish chest tab to the Permanent Portable Provisioner?

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I would be highly surprised if all of the mechanical PoF elements were available immediately through tokens earned in wvw before the expansion. That’s a real good way to get the pve’ers to rage and from a design perspective I doubt Anet wants to introduce an element that’ll have a good chunk of their players ignore all of the content required to earn all of the new rewards and instead earn them instantly.

That said I hope they allow all of the new content to be eventually obtainable through wvw with the existing tokens and not a new type of currency.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I don’t think anet would allow wvw players to skip new expansion content by adding all hero points and runes/sigils.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Yea it took awhile before some of the HoT rune/sigil became available. Proof of heroics was in the game at the start of HoT since wvw need away to earn their elites. I am hopefully for a PoF vendor.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You couldn’t get those hero points straight away at launch. They did became available after a while.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Let me consult the WvW Magic 8 Ball:

“Will vendors be updated for PoF?”

Answer: “Don’t count on it.”

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I wish they would. I just do not care to do all the PvE content right away. To me PvE is fairly boring most of the time. I know they probably want people to play the new maps and what not, but I would prefer to stay in WvW.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

I remember them saying they did not want WvW players to have to grind PvE in order to play WvW. But anyways, this is important for a variety of reasons, like preparing gear and builds.

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

We will be adding a new currency that is similar to Proof of Heroics that will allow you to buy new sigils, runes, recipes, and hero points from PoF.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

We will be adding a new currency that is similar to Proof of Heroics that will allow you to buy new sigils, runes, recipes, and hero points from PoF.

Awesome, thank you!

One more question, will these be available in skirmish chests, like proofs of heroics?

in WvW

Posted by: VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

so all the hero points I have done despite having maxed everything will be worthless? I really do not want to grind through all of PoF just to max out the elite. THAT is a horrible, thankless, boring grind.

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

Awesome, thank you!

One more question, will these be available in skirmish chests, like proofs of heroics?

There will be a new skirmish chest with the new currency in them.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Awesome, thank you!

Nice. The only thing better for me would be instant access without playing….

But seriously, at least I can choose to do them within the core of WvW, OR go into PvE and play the new content.

Thank you.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

so all the hero points I have done despite having maxed everything will be worthless? I really do not want to grind through all of PoF just to max out the elite. THAT is a horrible, thankless, boring grind.

You don’t have to grind all of PoF, this will work the same as with HoT which is good. This way you can still get all this stuff done through wvw, and nobody can simply have immediate access to everything which would be unfair to those with many thousands of Proofs of heroics.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

Awesome, thank you!

You’ve thought of everything lol, thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

Ugh why add new currencies when we already have currencies that work fine for this.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Next

Thank you for this information.

After PoF releases, will Proof of Heroics still be available to buy HoT sigils, runes, recipes, and hero points at the current exchange rates?

There are players with many thousands of unspent Proofs of Heroics and there will be new HoT purchasers that would like to buy HoT goods and hero points…

I have many characters that I have not bothered to spent Proof of Heroics on and that have not gained their HoT skills. Should I consider spending them now or after PoF releases..

If past experiences teaches me anything, it’s likely that this system will change a lot more than we are currently being told.

Ref:
[Notarized Scroll of Heroics]
[Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics

You will still be able to purchase everything you can now with Proof of Heroics.

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

No, the hero points already earned will be useful. The proof of heroics will not be.

Just like world completion hero points could be spent on HoT specs, HoT hero points will be spendable on PoF specs.

So you did not waste your time.

And, in fact, you could even use proofs of heroics to buy all of the hero points available to them, and probably get pretty close to maxing a new elite spec. So even proof of heroics are still useful for this, assuming you’re as lazy as I am.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in WvW

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Awesome, thank you!

Will that new chest replace the old ones in a retroactive manner?

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Ugh why add new currencies when we already have currencies that work fine for this.

Yeah, I’ve thought about this and I really don’t understand the need for another currency. Why would you invalidate current skirmish reward chests and current proofs of heroics just to add another? If the goal is to prevent players from unlocking everything on day 1, then why can they do it in PvE? It’s inconsistent to make WvW-exclusive players wait arbitrarily to build up a new currency, is a waste of a new currency slot when a current one is perfectly suitable for it, and will also make skimish reward chests unstackable if there are different kinds. I just can’t see an upside to this implementation.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Awesome, thank you!

All skirmish chests earned before PoF launch will contain Proof of Heroics. All skirmish chests earned after will have the new currency.

(edited by McKenna Berdrow.2759)

in WvW

Serenity.6135

Yeah, I’ve thought about this and I really don’t understand the need for another currency. Why would you invalidate current skirmish reward chests and current proofs of heroics just to add another? If the goal is to prevent players from unlocking everything on day 1, then why can they do it in PvE? It’s inconsistent to make WvW-exclusive players wait arbitrarily to build up a new currency, is a waste of a new currency slot when a current one is perfectly suitable for it, and will also make skimish reward chests unstackable if there are different kinds. I just can’t see an upside to this implementation.

It doesn’t invalidate anything, the new chests only add the new currency. You can still use the current skirmish chests like normal. The point is that players do not have immediate access to everything because they have stockpiled on a currency.

in WvW

Ulion.5476

Hum guess I should open up my stack of skrimish chest now :P. Are you going to add other ways to turn proofs of heroic into something profitable or consumable? Once your alts are geared theirs not much to spend them on, since you can get siege for badges or silver.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Serenity.6135

Hum guess I should open up my stack of skrimish chest now :P. Are you going to add other ways to turn proofs of heroic into something profitable or consumable? Once your alts are geared theirs not much to spend them on, since you can get siege for badges or silver.

She said proofs are still going to be used the same way, so I doubt it.

I am still hoping for a new use for tomes of knowledge…but wishful thinking

in WvW

Ulion.5476

She said proofs are still going to be used the same way, so I doubt it.

I am still hoping for a new use for tomes of knowledge…but wishful thinking

You can turn spirit shards into a profit.
https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/spirit-shards
Its can be tedious if you have thousands of them like I use to but its still profitable. Upgrading mats from t1,3,5 to t2,4,6 are the most profitable ones. It takes awhile to mystic forge those mats but its worthwhile.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

This is info we could have got a bit sooner. I have stacked over 4 k of proof the last months when i could have picked other rewards because i wont need as many :/

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Great more accretion, you need to work out how to make 1 currency work across expansions, other games do it. Development by accretion is not good game design.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

This is info we could have got a bit sooner. I have stacked over 4 k of proof the last months when i could have picked other rewards because i wont need as many :/

I’m sorry but it was kinda obvious they wouldn’t allow proof of heroics to be the same currency for the new stuff. Haven’t you seen how they operate by now? They always create new currencies for new stuff so that you don’t horde and get stuff right away from release. Why do you think we have proof of heroics instead of like badges as a cost for HoT stuff?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

So will we still be able to earn proofs of heroics? Like convert the new currency to proofs of heroics somehow?

in WvW

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Awesome, thank you!

Thank you for not updating the existing chests. I hate when people who hold on to unopened chests are rewarded; keep doing this in the future.

I’m okay with this, but personally I was expecting you guys to add the Notarized Desert? Heroics to the vendor a few weeks after the launch of Path of Fire, rather than add another new currency.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

(edited by Cronos.6532)

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So will we still be able to earn proofs of heroics? Like convert the new currency to proofs of heroics somehow?

This is actually a fairly important question, since there will still be HoT only players as well.

I won’t be one of them, but it’s still important.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Good question! I would like to know as well, for throwing together future builds that incorporate things like Durability Runes or Leadership Runes, etc.

Thank you for not updating the existing chests. I hate when people who hold on to unopened chests are rewarded; keep doing this in the future.

I’m only holding onto my ~250 chests because I’m indecisive and can’t figure out if I want to be helpful to my server/guild and get siege/tactics, or be selfish and spend them all on unidentified dyes.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

(edited by Turk.5460)

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Rahl.5238

Richard Rahl.5238

Will WvW Ascended Gear (Skirmish TicketS) be changed to include PoF Stat sets?

Sea of Sorrows [TL] Colead [SF] Officer

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Awesome, thank you!

All skirmish chests earned before PoF launch will contain Proof of Heroics. All skirmish chests earned after will have the new currency.

If all the post pof chest include the new currency then which will be the ways to aquire proofs for hot specific stuff? Also why is this nesessary? I mena why not simply lock the pof gear behind tab that unlock with purchase of pof and the curremcy remains the same? Too many currencies might over conplicate stuff 3 exoacs down the line.

(edited by zealex.9410)

in WvW

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Awesome, thank you!

Are the proof of heroics themselves being retired or are both going to be available in the new chest… also ranking up in WvW, does that provide the new currency or the old?

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Awesome, thank you!

Are the proof of heroics themselves being retired or are both going to be available in the new chest… also ranking up in WvW, does that provide the new currency or the old?

I also would like to know the answer to this question. I don’t think I agree with just flat our removing proofs of heroics completely. I mean, some players are just now going to be buying HoT when they buy PoF. It wouldn’t be fair to them to not allow them to gain proofs of heroics.

in WvW

Posted by: Zar.1579

Zar.1579

Thank you for this information.

After PoF releases, will Proof of Heroics still be available to buy HoT sigils, runes, recipes, and hero points at the current exchange rates?

There are players with many thousands of unspent Proofs of Heroics and there will be new HoT purchasers that would like to buy HoT goods and hero points…

I have many characters that I have not bothered to spent Proof of Heroics on and that have not gained their HoT skills. Should I consider spending them now or after PoF releases..

If past experiences teaches me anything, it’s likely that this system will change a lot more than we are currently being told.

Ref:
[Notarized Scroll of Heroics]
[Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics

You will still be able to purchase everything you can now with Proof of Heroics.

I think the question was if there will still be a way to earn Proof of Heroics? Since there are items such as the legendary backpack and armor that require the currency to make them?

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

McKenna didn’t say this, but the other main way of acquiring Proofs of Heroics is from WvW rank up chests. I imagine that will continue to exist.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. There’s no real reason to remove proofs of heroics from the skirmish chest imo, it would be better to offer both, or offer them the option to choose 1 or the other. So since heroics are getting flat out removed, there’s nothing saying they weren’t also flat out removed from rank up chests, though I really hope they weren’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

someone kill me now!!!

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

They must have an entire department just to come up with all these ‘currencies’. Its gone past an insane number of them.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Berzerker.9604

Berzerker.9604

I understand that the new chest in wvw will have the new currency but it really infuriates me that I have thousands of PoF and they are almost useless. At least give the players a chance to exchange at some kind of rate to get the new currency. I have 26 toons all specced out and elites so so PoF is coming out with new stats, gear, runes etc and my PoH are pretty much wasted now. I knew they would introduce a new currency but wow now I have to do all that over again. I hate pve to no end.I only do what i need to do to get to wvw. No interest at all in it. All I love to do if fight other players in wvw. Spvp….limiting and a bit boring but not without its benefits but I learned all my toons in wvw and how to fight except afte the tome boon lol. My point is this sure we can use the PoH for stuff still but with the new expansion whats the point? I can just rip them from my toons and transfer them if I want them. All my toons are geared the way they are for the current builds. I know things changed when the new expansion launches but now I have to start all over again as if the current currency no longer has any currency.

Bottom line is I am miffed they didnt have some way to convert the old to the new at a significant ratio at least. Or at least allow PoH to be used to purchase the new runes, sigils etc. I never did like the pve portion of HoT and to do it all again……simply not interested. Ill wait until launch to see if anything changes. Guess we will see……

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

It’s kinda odd but you can use the current Proofs of Heroics to unlock all Hero Points in the game and have over three hundred skill points for your character after fully unlocking all skills including the HoT elite specs.

This new currency will only be needed for runes, sigils, recipes and other materials. Eventually when you have loads you will use it to unlock the PoF Hero Points in order to prepare for the next set of elite specs. But that’ll be a year or two. So purely for items to begin with.

So the question asked a few times now is will there be a way to get Proofs of Heroics? The way McKenna phrased it it sounds like they are going to replace Proofs of Heroics in the skirmish chests with the new currency but I assume those without PoF will still get Proofs of Heroics in their skirmish chests so I guess there will probably still be an option to choose Heroics for people with PoF too?

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

this honestly annoys me. For what purpose can PvE players unlock their elite specs in a single evening but WvW players are hard time gated? Atleast WvW players had to prepare to get elite specs on day 1 but now all that preparation is just kinda wasted.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

wow itll take like 10 minutes to wander around to the channel hero points in 1/2 the maps and get ~100 of the 250 points youll need and the other 150 are prolly already unlocked on your characters how is this a big deal lol

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

So, we will be earning two type of currencies at a time or you can only choose to earn one currency at a time?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

What does this mean for Proof of Heroics? Will we only be able to get them via ranking up? Will be not be able to get them at all anymore?

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

Essentially:

Proofs of Heroics will let you buy Heart of Thorns Hero Points, and HoT Runes, Sigils, Recipes, etc.

The New Currency will let you buy Path of Fire Hero Points, and PoF Runes, Sigils, Recipes, etc.

The reason for tihs separation is because when you use a Notarized Scroll of Heroics, it doesn’t just give you 1/10 Hero Points. It basically instantly completes a random Hero Point for you. So, it makes sense to distinguish between randomly completing a HoT HP and a PoF HP, especially for people who own one but not the other.

this honestly annoys me. For what purpose can PvE players unlock their elite specs in a single evening but WvW players are hard time gated? Atleast WvW players had to prepare to get elite specs on day 1 but now all that preparation is just kinda wasted.

Do you not read or something? You will still be able to buy the Notarized Scroll of Heroics and Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics to get Hero Points to max out your elite spec on minute 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

wow itll take like 10 minutes to wander around to the channel hero points in 1/2 the maps and get ~100 of the 250 points youll need and the other 150 are prolly already unlocked on your characters how is this a big deal lol

If you played the HoT maps at all you’ll know that’s not true and that initially some of the hero points were either insanely hard to get to, or were guarded by champs/veterans that you needed a group to take down. So if Anet is true to form, none of us are unlocking an elite spec in a single evening, never mind “ten minutes”.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Essentially:

Proofs of Heroics will let you buy Heart of Thorns Hero Points, and HoT Runes, Sigils, Recipes, etc.

The New Currency will let you buy Path of Fire Hero Points, and PoF Runes, Sigils, Recipes, etc.

The reason for tihs separation is because when you use a Notarized Scroll of Heroics, it doesn’t just give you 1/10 Hero Points. It basically instantly completes a random Hero Point for you. So, it makes sense to distinguish between randomly completing a HoT HP and a PoF HP, especially for people who own one but not the other.

Do you not read or something? You will still be able to buy the Notarized Scroll of Heroics and Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics to get Hero Points to max out your elite spec on minute 1.

He is saying it’s hard gated (wrong word to use really), because you now have to grind this new currency from day one to buy the notarized scrolls that unlock the new PoF hero points. Your stock piled proof of heroics cannot be used to buy the scrolls to unlock the new maps hero points.