With 11/10 Changes, Blinds are OP

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

With the obvious push towards condition damage boosting, nerfing of condi removals (via warhorn/pure of voice), additions of Lemongrass counters (toxic oils,giver’s weapons), etc: Especially now that melee damage will be reduced/hammer train turns into a CC train

Its clear anet wants condi damage to be very viable and strong again – Which is fine.

However condis that dont deal damage, but cause damage mitigation are taking over and are OP.

Figure this: Hammer stun – Makes several people not cast damage due to stun.
Blind – Makes several people not hit due to blind.

Which one is less risk/easier to land etc??? BLINDS. Now with the condi duration people run with 30 in strength trait, koi cakes, etc… these condis are impossible to shake off even with -98%(warrior) or mel/lemon because everyone run’s condi duration now.

I think blinds need to be harder to land, higher risk to cause and longer cd’s and less duration because we all know its going to be boosted.

If you dodge well, you have some other class direct target blinding you.

TLDR: Mitigating damage with other classes/condis is way harder/spammy.

Please consider lowering blind duration as its almost 100 percent likely to be boosted. Right now + Condi duration items vastly outnumber the condi removals/ -duration.

Make it like gw1 where even while blind you have a 10 percent chance to hit still. or better yet:

Make Blind Affect 1 Target!!********This is a must. If I earthshaker 4 people with blind, it should Miss once, and hit 3 others. Dont turn blind into the new Stun

in WvW

Posted by: derry.2789

derry.2789

Why should you hit 3 of 4 people?, you cant see any of them.
CC’s are fine, Blinds are fine.

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

^ Blinds are fine, they affect ONE attack, so condition duration doesn’t affect blinds at all. I don’t even know if it’s possible to get -98% condition duration but if it is, you really have the audacity to cry about increased condition duration?

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Blame consumables. Until ANet addresses that goldsink nothing will ever be properly balanced in wubwub.

in WvW

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

I would say the -condi meta that rose to popularity during summer or so, is the single worst thing that has ever happened to GW2 WvWvW from normal combat perspective.

How normal sized 20 man try to deal with larger blobs? They snare, they stretch the zerg, they get people off guard and kill the stragglers through better mobility.
And what has -condition food+rune (+trait on warrior) done to this? Now the zerg cannot be stopped while they enjoy their PASSIVE near immunity to things that could stop their faceroll.

Whole avenue of skill has been removed from the game, that is snareing and mobility advantage.

This has also ofc increased the viability of pure melee and lessened the importance of good water field coordination. Which for the longest time provided this planket cleanse on the background if coordinated properly. And using other cleansing properly aswell.

I don’t people quite realise how horrible this -condition is for the game and organised combat. The rune alone is fine, but combining everything truly should not be possible. Both + and – duration should have hard cap way below what you can currently achieve.

[TA]

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Blind does take skill to use. If you just throw it on someone they can and will use wep skill 1 (auto attack basically) to remove it. You need to tine it to stop important attacks like warrior spam hammer CC.

now if you wanted to talk about blind being to easy for certain classes to spam that would be a topic to consider.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Blinds are incredibly weak in GW2. Essentially a nonfactor condition except for very limited 1v1 reflex shots. How could you possibly compare it to stuns? Sure stuns can do what blinds do (and better), but they can also do 100x more things. Stuns are primarily offense/shutdown. Blinds are pure defense and in a very limited way. There’s really no comparison.

And second, why does (allegedly) nerfing condition removal buff blinds? The condition removal for blind is 1 basic attack… Maybe if blinds could stop stomping it would actually be a significant condition in GW2.

I guarantee the nerf (if there is one) is all about moving past the hammer train meta so it’s 100% about CC conditions. Blind will remain purely a 1v1 condition with almost no value.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

You need to tine it to stop important attacks like warrior spam hammer CC.

Great joke, hammer is so slow and telegraphed blinds neuter it.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i can deal with blinds….i find amount of confusion in this game rather absurd

just do 1 auto attack and blind is off, 25 stacks of confusion is just death for yourself

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

i can deal with blinds….i find Runes of Perplexity in this game rather absurd

just do 1 auto attack and blind is off, 25 stacks of confusion is just death for yourself

Went ahead there and fixed it for you.

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Yes, please for the love of god take away thief blind!!! I hate it when I’m fighting a thief who has 12k hp and has only one way of mitigating damage AND THE kittenER USES IT. HOW DARE HE?! IT’S NOT FAIR THAT HE USES ANY FORM OF SELF DEFENSE THAT MAKES ME WASTE 2 INITIATIVE… and oh wait I’m a thief. <3 blind. much keep. such wow.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Stun and blind are way different, no sense in comparing.

Personally, I think immobilize is way more dangerous than blind.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

so your mad we can counter a hammer train?

blind makes you miss your next attack, does not stack in intensity but in duration. be happy its like that.

if you are blinded auto attack once to clear it and proceed with the train.
its not our fault you dont pay attention to the conditions on you and waste a skill.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Condition builds in general are receiving hefty nerfs and condition removal is receiving hefty buffs. The warhorn/pure of voice thing was a bugfix. -condition duration is applied after +condition duration and thus is much, much more powerful.

Just trying to clear a few things up.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Blinds are particularly effective against Warriors, noted.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Kurieg.4158

Kurieg.4158

-condition duration is applied after +condition duration and thus is much, much more powerful.

That’s not true, though. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Condition-duration-vs-Condition-duration/first

Or did they change it?

Crafty [CR]
Yak’s Bend
Ir Regardless – Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

-condition duration is applied after +condition duration and thus is much, much more powerful.

That’s not true, though. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Condition-duration-vs-Condition-duration/first

Or did they change it?

Thanks, I stand corrected.

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Or did they change it?

TL;DC – +Duration and -Duration are added together and THEN the condition duration is calculated. So +40% and -40% cancel each other out… and you can go over +100% duration to mitigate the -duration effects completely.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Blinds count for one attack. If you want to blind permanently, you’ll need to apply blind every second, not just to one person, but to multiple. This is not possible if you still want to be able to deal damage simultaneously.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

stuns can be ignored, through stability

engies are the only class to ignore blinds.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

stuns can be ignored, through stability

engies are the only class to ignore blinds.

Berserker Stance (Warrior) grants immunity to all conditions. As far as i know Blind isnt excused from this immunity.

in WvW

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Why should you hit 3 of 4 people?, you cant see any of them.
CC’s are fine, Blinds are fine.

If I spin around flailing a 5 foot long sledge hammer and your standing within arms reach it does not mater how blind I am, if you dont dodge or stop the swing there’s a pretty good chance my hammer is going to try and occupy the same space you are.

I actualy think blind should be reworked to make a bit more sense when applied to players. Have blind drop a players target, disalow manual/auto targeting for the duration, and turn their screen black for a few seconds (think a flash bang in a FPS but black instead of white) The player can still flail around and if you happen to still be standing where they can hit you you deserve to be hit just like a thief that stealths and gets meleed down anyway because they didnt move.

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Or did they change it?

TL;DC – +Duration and -Duration are added together and THEN the condition duration is calculated. So +40% and -40% cancel each other out… and you can go over +100% duration to mitigate the -duration effects completely.

a lot of people don’t know this in game. but +40% condi duration is actually really good, if only to cancel out -40% condi duration food which is several times more expensive.

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Blame consumables. Until ANet addresses that goldsink nothing will ever be properly balanced in wubwub.

Consumables are a very minor goldsink at best, actually, due to the fact that they give extra xp, and extra xp = extra skill points, and extra skill points = extra gold, they are not a gold sink at all, but rather a source of profit.

Now, if you ignore large aspects of the game by your choice, and do not make gold of off it, again by your choice, then that is your problem. Do not try to punish those of us that do take the extra time and effort and plan things out.

Its really not that hard, you get things in the game, move mouse cursor over them to get info, check prices on TP, apply basic math. Done. Profit.

P.S. If you are really actually so incapable that you can not see this, then dulfy is your friend, along with your guild mates.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Wait, what’s happening to PoV?