World Linking 6/24/2016

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

aw man, i should’ve moved to Kaineng, i want to play in the 9 server battle royale

Still only 500 gems to move here. And yea, having this many servers….wild!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: mixxed.5862

mixxed.5862

I was hoping they’d merge an additional tier in EU. Would have helped with further revitalizing the medium sized servers like Drakkar, RoF, Whiteside etc.
But obviously that’s not as easy as in NA due to the different languages.

Considering the options in order to cut the tiers to 5, they could have made these merges, best I could come up with at least:

Abaddon & Drakkar (DE)
Dzagonur & Miller (DE)
Jade Sea & Fort Ranik (FR)
Augury Rock & Vizunah & Arborstone (FR) bam!
Gunnar’s & Underworld & Ring of Fire (EN)
Aurora & Blacktide & Fissure of Woe (EN)
rest as is

But probably some of these links were at the very least borderline op… After all Anet got the numbers.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

So we went to the FA Host at the beginning of this all. Immediately people were recognizing the ‘new’ people and welcoming us big time. I met new people, made new friends and fighting buddies and so on. Cool right? Now we’re off to another Host… but now it’s 4 servers in one. So far I see groups running separately, (calling for help when needed etc of course, but separate). So far as I’ve tried to communicate with these new people I have heard mostly… …. … So it should be interesting to see how the next while plays out. At this point it looks like most of my WvW runs, when I do them, will be mainly with my guild group since I see so many smaller factions staying mostly to themselves. Yes it’s very early in the new link-up so I hope something changes.

… just call me … Tim :)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

So wait…. JQ received the second to last place world prior to Beta. Now we’ve been paired with the actual last placed world prior to Beta. How exactly does that work out? That we have less players again after linking. Meanwhile, a couple minutes before midnight EST, and BG has 61 players in queue total across the 4 maps.

So the problem is, how is this a competitive game mode any longer? We can’t build our team up, to move up, because we’re locked. The dev’s take away numbers when they please. This is pretty much hitting “why bother” levels of care now.

btw… JQ is absolutely NOT full. That’s utter bunk! You’d have to be counting players coming in to gather nodes, spy accounts, or something. They are not in Squad, in TS, or on JQ.com. Need far more strict rule sets for what is a “WvW player”. Also need it based on hours played and not just weekend warriors that play reset and nothing else.

Yea.. there is definitely something not right here.. and No way YB has less coverage than MAG, yet it costs less to transfer to YB than Mag. IDK what they are doing, but no way JQ is full or YB should cost less to move than T3 servers. The way this is being done prevents servers from being able to compete at the same level. Every server should have equal chance of competing with BG is what would actually be fair, and they are preventing that from happening via locks and increased costs and unusual methods to determine coverage.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

So we went to the FA Host at the beginning of this all. Immediately people were recognizing the ‘new’ people and welcoming us big time. I met new people, made new friends and fighting buddies and so on. Cool right? Now we’re off to another Host… but now it’s 4 servers in one. So far I see groups running separately, (calling for help when needed etc of course, but separate). So far as I’ve tried to communicate with these new people I have heard mostly… …. … So it should be interesting to see how the next while plays out. At this point it looks like most of my WvW runs, when I do them, will be mainly with my guild group since I see so many smaller factions staying mostly to themselves. Yes it’s very early in the new link-up so I hope something changes.

The problem with linking lower tier servers together vs being linked with a higher tier server is often the players that wanted a higher level of communication and organization already left the lower tier servers in search of that a long time ago and are consolidated at higher tiers. So even if you get sheer " numbers" from linking, you will not have the unity and enhanced game play that comes with the higher level organization.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Teon.5168

The problem with linking lower tier servers together vs being linked with a higher tier server is often the players that wanted a higher level of communication and organization already left the lower tier servers in search of that a long time ago and are consolidated at higher tiers. So even if you get sheer " numbers" from linking, you will not have the unity and enhanced game play that comes with the higher level organization.

Yea, because we all know that the higher tiers have much more skilled and organized wvw players.

“Unity and enhanced game play”???? I think you’re actually serious…….

/facepalm

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

So wait…. JQ received the second to last place world prior to Beta. Now we’ve been paired with the actual last placed world prior to Beta. How exactly does that work out? That we have less players again after linking. Meanwhile, a couple minutes before midnight EST, and BG has 61 players in queue total across the 4 maps.

So the problem is, how is this a competitive game mode any longer? We can’t build our team up, to move up, because we’re locked. The dev’s take away numbers when they please. This is pretty much hitting “why bother” levels of care now.

btw… JQ is absolutely NOT full. That’s utter bunk! You’d have to be counting players coming in to gather nodes, spy accounts, or something. They are not in Squad, in TS, or on JQ.com. Need far more strict rule sets for what is a “WvW player”. Also need it based on hours played and not just weekend warriors that play reset and nothing else.

Yea.. there is definitely something not right here.. and No way YB has less coverage than MAG, yet it costs less to transfer to YB than Mag. IDK what they are doing, but no way JQ is full or YB should cost less to move than T3 servers. The way this is being done prevents servers from being able to compete at the same level. Every server should have equal chance of competing with BG is what would actually be fair, and they are preventing that from happening via locks and increased costs and unusual methods to determine coverage.

agreed its odd, but I think the “reasoning” is tc and yb are unlinked so don’t have the reduced cap linked servers have (thought I saw linked cap are 1/2 the unlinked cap). not agreeing with it, but that seems to be the logic….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Yea, because we all know that the higher tiers have much more skilled and organized wvw players.

/facepalm

I think you missed his point regarding the “higher level of communication”. I understand what he’s saying and don’t take offense to it. Having played mostly on low tier server for the last few years I CAN say that there is a very good level of communication amongst people for the most part. However, so far with the current grouping of our 4 servers I’m still seeing small factions of people (groups of 10-15) running together on the BL’s. I suppose the blobs are on EB since it’s queued constantly so far. Oh the higher servers you definitely have more people that are used to getting into TS (higher level of communication for sure) and following a commander in big group fights because you really need that quick communication. On the lower tier servers you don’t have TS being used quite as much except for certain guild groups and so on. It’s not a slight against us low tier servers.. it’s just the difference I’ve noted myself.

It should be interesting to see how it works out for us over the next several weeks. I hope there is more synergy than what it has started out and I’m pretty sure there will be. But since we are now totally confirmed that we will most likely be meeting new people every time the re-linking is scheduled there (in my mind) will be much less emphasis on making relationships with other servers and simply running WvW just because we like it. I, for one, don’t look at or care about the score. I go in for a bit of fun now. With this most recent re-linking there really is ZERO ownership for me in the borderlands. Since I am on a “slave” server I can’t even get supplies from Citadel!

So I will just go in with my friends and have what fun I can have when I do… that’s really all that’s left now that I have no home server to fight for. :P

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

/facepalm

Higher tier servers use voice CComs and have scouts on ccoms so that all maps and players can communicate with one another easily. Even if a guild is not in WvW, their leaders and commanders with CComs on can get shout outs for WvW calls if they are needed and respond accordingly. On lower servers less people use voice coms, the havoc, roamers , scouts and zergs do not communicate as much and you have more players doing their own thing without letting the other groups know what they are doing on coms.

On higher tiers the roamers, scouts, havoc, and zerglings are working together and coordinating targets and objectives from all maps, not just running around doing “whatever”. On higher tier servers, there are " blobs" that are all in the right parties, proper builds and classes to buff one another and work together as one unit rather than a group of players doing whatever they want all blobbed up together being one push wonders. The players actually switch classes and builds to what is needed, not just " i do what I wanna" attitude you get from lower tiers. They actually play as a team.

When players have tried to organize these things on lower servers, they often fail miserably and leave. So many on low servers think typemanding is actually playing the game..

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I go in for a bit of fun now. With this most recent re-linking there really is ZERO ownership for me in the borderlands. Since I am on a “slave” server I can’t even get supplies from Citadel!

So I will just go in with my friends and have what fun I can have when I do… that’s really all that’s left now that I have no home server to fight for. :P

Are you sure you cannot get supply? The only time you should not be able to get supply from CiItadel is if it is a different team color, meaning that it isn’t actually your supply. If your EotM team is winning you should be able to get it. Make sure the supply is the same color as your team.

WvW / PVP ONLY

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

I go in for a bit of fun now. With this most recent re-linking there really is ZERO ownership for me in the borderlands. Since I am on a “slave” server I can’t even get supplies from Citadel!

Are you sure you cannot get supply? The only time you should not be able to get supply from CiItadel is if it is a different team color, meaning that it isn’t actually your supply. If your EotM team is winning you should be able to get it. Make sure the supply is the same color as your team.

Unless ANet changed something, the supply in Citadel is owned by the owner of the BL. All of us linked servers don’t own any Borderland, and hence no Citadel. The colour doesn’t matter, it’s the ownership of Citadel that matters. Even though it’s my “home” base in the BL it doesn’t mean my server owns the supplies, because it doesn’t… (like I said, unless ANet changed it in the last couple of days.)

As for team colours… of course we are the same colour as the server we are linked to… we couldn’t get into the Citadel otherwise.. :P

(edited by Balthazzarr.1349)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jake.5741

Jake.5741

I am actually curious as to how this match-up even seemed to look right in Anets eyes. 4 servers VS 3 servers VS 2 servers. Its not even close. Its a K Train for 7 servers to run over the 2 server pairing. If population is so low that you can actually have 4 servers paired up together, then its probably time to combine some and go to a 3 tier system. We have to deal with this for 2 months and you wonder why WvW is loosing people…. At least make it somewhat fair and not something that one side has no chance of competing in…

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Looking for fun? Looking to fight for the underdog? JOIN DARKHAVEN!

Lol, sorry Akkeros, couldn’t resist it.

I think you might be a little surprised by DH’s lack of numbers. Regardless, glad to have you guys with us and looking forward to some fun fights.

Lol, it only helps “our” cause so I am all for it.
Win or lose, we will have fun and enjoy our linking.
The best thing about being mixed with different servers is seeing their fight styles, getting to know people you once might have disliked and found out they are not-so-bad after all and finding new friends (rainbows and unicorns comment, i know, but still)

Come to DH and Ebay to fight for justice and put down tyranny! Where the good number few and the bad are many. Help us bring balance back to this sick, sick world!

-Green Land Turn

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

This is the best move ANET did for wvw player’s ,hope this will be more fun , what can i say they listening to people request .complaints etc etc ,good job and thanks cheersss.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

I am actually curious as to how this match-up even seemed to look right in Anets eyes. 4 servers VS 3 servers VS 2 servers. Its not even close. Its a K Train for 7 servers to run over the 2 server pairing. If population is so low that you can actually have 4 servers paired up together, then its probably time to combine some and go to a 3 tier system. We have to deal with this for 2 months and you wonder why WvW is loosing people…. At least make it somewhat fair and not something that one side has no chance of competing in…

Actually the 2 & 3 server pairs in T4 aren’t too far off from each other, it’s the 4-server combo that is the runaway freight train. They really should have put BP or ET with DH and EB.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Pretty close to that, that is what the game offers atm, every one just blobing and swithcing to the empty bl in hope to K train it, it is a dead mode -.-"
At least if we have players everywhere fight will happen,oh wait expect QQ tiers because theres people on the BL defending stuff lol…. so Anet leaves that blank spot for players have a change of getting stuff free.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

broken in more ways than one lmao

Attachments:

gaem not made for mi
===========

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’m actually having fun in this current match. All 9 servers that are against each other atm, rofl.

Gate Of Madness, Ferguson’s Crossing, Sorrow’s Furnace
Crystal Desert, Borlis Pass, Kaineng, Eredon Terrace
Darkhaven, Ehmry Bay

The blobs are insanity.

Which is exactly what the format needed: uneven pairings to compensate for differences in individual servers and tiers. I’ve been vouching for this kind of chaos for years, as this is how it was at release, and was genuinely fun. Super serious? No. But fun matters more, because fun keeps people playing since it’s the point of playing games.

Now, if the pairings were redone by other factors such as online presence over time, number of fight events over time, tag uptime, and so on, and then balanced around that data rather than glicko, we’d be looking at some pretty crazy matchups, such as having tons of low-tier servers versus one in T1, and the likes.

It looks like DH/EB are going to be the but end of this joke for 2 months. Probably the effects of t8 servers not wanting to be up in tiers, but wasn’t expecting a 2v3v4 matchup, seems like the wrong servers were chosen for the 2. I’m throwing out that theory out about wanting even servers up and down the tiers. Maybe the 4 servers will manage to break the t3 ceiling.

We’ll have to see how the week plays out. It’s the weekend and a brand new match up, that is sure to bring out all the PVX fairweathers. The blobs are real but the talent was kitten near non existent, I’m pretty sure the majority aren’t WvW regulars and won’t stick around for the next 2 months.

The other half of my suggestion/theory was contingent on very short term pairings such that things wouldn’t stagnate and the intrigue would pretty much always be there.

Yea, T1 servers will remain dominant and more effective with their unity on their own server, but these kinds of matches make the low tiers action-packed and volatile enough to be really dynamic and interesting.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

/facepalm

Higher tier servers use voice CComs and have scouts on ccoms so that all maps and players can communicate with one another easily. Even if a guild is not in WvW, their leaders and commanders with CComs on can get shout outs for WvW calls if they are needed and respond accordingly. On lower servers less people use voice coms, the havoc, roamers , scouts and zergs do not communicate as much and you have more players doing their own thing without letting the other groups know what they are doing on coms.

On higher tiers the roamers, scouts, havoc, and zerglings are working together and coordinating targets and objectives from all maps, not just running around doing “whatever”. On higher tier servers, there are " blobs" that are all in the right parties, proper builds and classes to buff one another and work together as one unit rather than a group of players doing whatever they want all blobbed up together being one push wonders. The players actually switch classes and builds to what is needed, not just " i do what I wanna" attitude you get from lower tiers. They actually play as a team.

When players have tried to organize these things on lower servers, they often fail miserably and leave. So many on low servers think typemanding is actually playing the game..

Best part I read was that even if they are not in wvw they get shout outs to come help.. Reminds me of the days of pagers and important messages used to be paged with 911 at the end. Do you guys still use pagers and get pages with codes when your garri is under attack?

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They may be trying to repair t1 so they left tc and yb open to hopefully get some transfers and better matchup against bg, and continue to not needing a link. The t8’s who where the most appropriate servers to be up there didn’t want to be there anyways given the complaints in the early days of linking.

I believe they’re sticking to balancing according to the tier and not trying to balance every server to each other. I still think that 2v3v4 linkup was poorly done though, and don’t believe dh/eb will catch a break in 8 weeks, but we’ll see over the week I guess.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Unless ANet changed something, the supply in Citadel is owned by the owner of the BL. All of us linked servers don’t own any Borderland, and hence no Citadel. The colour doesn’t matter, it’s the ownership of Citadel that matters. Even though it’s my “home” base in the BL it doesn’t mean my server owns the supplies, because it doesn’t… (like I said, unless ANet changed it in the last couple of days.)

As for team colours… of course we are the same colour as the server we are linked to… we couldn’t get into the Citadel otherwise.. :P

Yea, it was changed at some point I think, as I have seen it a different color than your team and when it is, it doesn’t belong to you. IDK why they did that.

WvW / PVP ONLY

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

/facepalm

Best part I read was that even if they are not in wvw they get shout outs to come help.. Reminds me of the days of pagers and important messages used to be paged with 911 at the end. Do you guys still use pagers and get pages with codes when your garri is under attack?

We use line chat and phones now, but to alert for great fights, not for Gari being under attack because people don’t care much about winning anymore :p

WvW / PVP ONLY

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Fall damage OP?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

I haven’t been able to get supply from either home-borderland citadel (my server was a “guest” server in both linkages). Because I only picked up this gamemode in the past week, I just assumed this was normal somehow and that the supply depot in the citadel was some kind of placeholder. So that’s NOT how it’s supposed to be…?

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

Q: Why do so many German worlds remain unlinked?
A: Most German worlds are around 70% of our target population capacity. If we were to link them they would be well over our target population capacity. This means that they would have long queues, and would be significantly larger than the other worlds.

→If anet would play on lower ranked german server, they would see that this is simply wrong. I am playing on Dzagonur and WE DONT HAVE THE SAME POPULATION like elona, kodash or riverside. this servers maybe have your 70% but on dzagonur we are every week outnumbered against vizu, against augury, against aurora, this week against elona. for example when we have 25 players, than our enemies have 50 players. when we have 40 our enemies have two 60-man-blobbs

Vizu defeat us before 2 weeks because we were outnumbered too, and this week they get two partners while we stay alone…
anet should understand that the lower ranked german servers dont have this numbers of players

why you dont link dzago&miller ; drakkar&abba ?

this pairs wouldn’t have too much population.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I haven’t been able to get supply from either home-borderland citadel (my server was a “guest” server in both linkages). Because I only picked up this gamemode in the past week, I just assumed this was normal somehow and that the supply depot in the citadel was some kind of placeholder. So that’s NOT how it’s supposed to be…?

Look on your map and make sure the supply depot in Citadel is the same color as your team color that week. If it is , you should be able to get supply. If it is not, that supply is the color of the team it belongs to, telling you who is winning in EotM.

WvW / PVP ONLY

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Look on your map and make sure the supply depot in Citadel is the same color as your team color that week. If it is , you should be able to get supply. If it is not, that supply is the color of the team it belongs to, telling you who is winning in EotM.

I still say ‘bull’ on this. I am in BP… when we were linked with FA I couldn’t get sups from Citadel. I actually switched servers to FA and was able to get supplies from Citadel then. When I switched back to BP I was once again unable to get supplies. We were the SAME colour. This doesn’t quite mesh with what some of you are saying.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I know I couldn’t get supply from citadel when SF was paired with NSP, I just assumed when BL Razor went away, so did the supply, evendors though the stack was still there. I’ll try again now that SF is technically a host, but, even if it works and that’s the system, it’s broken. Regardless if you’re a guest, you should still be able to get supplies from your spawn, even if it’s not your named server spawn.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I still say ‘bull’ on this. I am in BP… when we were linked with FA I couldn’t get sups from Citadel. I actually switched servers to FA and was able to get supplies from Citadel then. When I switched back to BP I was once again unable to get supplies. We were the SAME colour. This doesn’t quite mesh with what some of you are saying.

I am not saying you don’t have a bug, you very well could have a bug caused from the world linking they need to fix. If this is happening to you, I would submit a support ticket and hopefully they will be able to correct it. I was just wanting to make sure you were the same color as the supply, as I could not get supply when it looked full once because we were green and it was red just in case that helps you.

WvW / PVP ONLY

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Q: Why do so many German worlds remain unlinked?
A: Most German worlds are around 70% of our target population capacity. If we were to link them they would be well over our target population capacity. This means that they would have long queues, and would be significantly larger than the other worlds.

->If anet would play on lower ranked german server, they would see that this is simply wrong. I am playing on Dzagonur and WE DONT HAVE THE SAME POPULATION like elona, kodash or riverside. this servers maybe have your 70% but on dzagonur we are every week outnumbered against vizu, against augury, against aurora, this week against elona. for example when we have 25 players, than our enemies have 50 players. when we have 40 our enemies have two 60-man-blobbs

Vizu defeat us before 2 weeks because we were outnumbered too, and this week they get two partners while we stay alone…
anet should understand that the lower ranked german servers dont have this numbers of players

why you dont link dzago&miller ; drakkar&abba ?

this pairs wouldn’t have too much population.

It’s not about Dzagonur having the same population as Kodash/Riverside etc. It’s about Dzagonur having enough population to not get linked. Abaddon’s and Miller’s have less population than Dzagonur and needed to be linked.

And anet already answered about linking dzag+miller and drakkar+abba. They clearly said that doing that would make one of them overstacked. Also, it wouldn’t work logistically because there are 6 tiers with 3 servers in each.

(edited by Deli.1302)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: SilentKill.9586

SilentKill.9586

I would suggest some improvements to the linking system anet if you are going to continue to use it.
I believe you are basing your links off of server population not wvw population. If I am wrong then I stand corrected.

1. Anet you need to verify population during time zones not just population. Then pair up servers that have off hour coverage with servers that do not have off hour coverage.
2. The top six servers do not need linked with anyone. Ive fought all 6 so far and been just blobbed down by every server in all timezones.
3. Close down the bottom 3 servers and give free transfers to any server not in the top six. There are to many server loyalists who refuse to go to a higher server.
4. Once you have figured out the wvw population correctly you could do a rotation. The tiers could stay the same but you could do a round robin with other servers instead of playing the same servers over and over again like before. So say top three are bg, tc, yb. All three of those servers go to play in different tiers with better coverage servers.

What you have done is basically stacked all the top servers in t1 and t2 anything below this has lost more and more guilds over the past few weeks because not much left to fight.

Just my two cents

Snoopysrevenge “They’re So Angry”
TIE Guild Leader
Mag Commander

(edited by SilentKill.9586)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

It is a disgrace…..

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

1. Anet you need to verify population during time zones not just population. Then pair up servers that have off hour coverage with servers that do not have off hour coverage.

They actually said they were going to do this but quite clearly haven’t at all.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Yup, still waiting on them to figure out how to balance time zone coverage. I remember this huge dev wall of text right before HoT dropped saying they were working on it.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Yup, still waiting on them to figure out how to balance time zone coverage. I remember this huge dev wall of text right before HoT dropped saying they were working on it.

If they cant even work on classes, dont expect much form that, all they do is add cheap stuff to cover what is broken.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Given the number of servers, you really can’t leave BG & Desolation unlinked. Just leave them linked to the last place servers.

Then link the T1 2nd & 3rd place servers and the T2 1rst & 2nd place servers to offset the populations of the over loaded BG & Deso.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: annieoakley.8165

annieoakley.8165

Being paired with FA was a lot of fun, it helped that we already knew people on the server from when our guild had transferred there back in the day before moving back to BP where we originated from. I want to thank all our FA friends for their hospitality these last few months and I know BEEP is going to miss you!

My own .02 regarding this 4 server link-up – Logistically it’s going to take time to figure things out – What TS should we all use? How will 4 different servers with 4 different styles syngergize? Who’s going to take what BL on reset? Will there be sufficient communication and finally, knowing that we’ll be relinked again in 2 months, will all of us be hesitant to establish friendships. I agree with Balth about this: it’s like we’re all army brats: what’s the point in making friends if you know you’re going to leave soon.

I hope our servers can quickly get up to speed together. BEEP has enjoyed structured, organized WvW communications with our previously linked server, our guild leaders have researched builds and group compositions and we follow those pretty closely; most of us are able to switch fully geared professions to fill gaps (need more frontline? no problem we got that, need more backline? no problem we got that too) We’re also a fun-loving, silly group of people, and we welcome Kaineng, ET and CD to join in the fun anytime! But please, stay on tag <3

Good luck to everyone!

[BEEP] Explicit
Man has will, but Woman has her way – Oliver Wendell Holmes

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Yeah. My guild on HoD has basically given up on WvW for this link because our t4 server got linked with a t2 and we never even did well the few times we accidentally got into t3. So now… Well a chunk of us were doing dungeons all night. Thanks for that, anet

I would suggest a further restriction that you never make skip-links like this. Maybe pair a server up and down one tier but not further.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: bishy.1096

bishy.1096

I’m really loving all this crying about pairings I never post on these forums and 99% chance I won’t even read responses. BG this and BG that has me cracking up … yet I’ve not seen ONE person from BG crying how TC and YB are both open servers and BG is STILL LOCKED… TC isn’t by any means lacking people neither is YB, so why cry you need it to stay open longer YOUR OPEN transfer or shut up. BG isn’t open and doing just fine, although i do miss our ET pairing had great fun with you guys wish you luck back down where you are. Some of you really need to remember this is a game and stop getting so booty hurt on these forums… just pick a server stay on it and play if not just quit NO need to CRY.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.8035

Sky.8035

I happened to be in Darkhaven and we got paired up with Crystal Desert.

It’s actually a nice thing aside from the fact that it’s a 2v7 for us this week. Nothing could possibly go wrong with pairing 4 worlds vs 3 worlds vs 2 worlds right?

As I’m typing this, the top team this week has double our score. Not necessarily because of the numbers game (At least I don’t think) but because of the random and varied tactics that the multiple worlds use that’s different for one-another.

The smaller worlds are taking the smaller objectives (Supply Camps/Towers) while the bigger world they got (Crystal Desert) is focusing Towers/Keeps.

It’s literally impossible for 2 big worlds to go against this tactic because it would require like 3-4 commander tags on the map at once doing different things and fanning out to different areas of the map.

They got the number game right it seems, but they didn’t factor in the tactics each world would have and how they would affect the result of pairing worlds.

Sorry, but there are a lot more things involved with making a balanced and fair fight outside of just world numbers.

Just my 2¢.

§ky

(edited by Sky.8035)

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

I happened to be in Darkhaven and we got paired up with Crystal Desert.

It’s actually a nice thing aside from the fact that it’s a 2v7 for us this week. Nothing could possibly go wrong with pairing 4 worlds vs 3 worlds vs 2 worlds right?

As I’m typing this, the top team this week has double our score. Not necessarily because of the numbers game (At least I don’t think) but because of the random and varied tactics that the multiple worlds use that’s different for one-another.

The smaller worlds are taking the smaller objectives (Supply Camps/Towers) while the bigger world they got (Crystal Desert) is focusing Towers/Keeps.

It’s literally impossible for 2 big worlds to go against this tactic because it would require like 3-4 commander tags on the map at once doing different things and fanning out to different areas of the map.

They got the number game right it seems, but they didn’t factor in world tactics and how they would affect the result of pairing worlds.

Just my 2¢.

I’m on GoM, and from our end, I do see multiple commanders on a map for our team, but we’re still behind as well. Later last night, we were getting the outnumbered buff on half the maps at any one time, so, I really think it is mostly the numbers game. As someone pointed out, the numbers might have looked good from what Anet saw last week when they drew up the server pairings, but how many of those on the 4-server team came out of hibernation to play now that they aren’t stuck in T1 or T2, like Kain, BP and ET were? For many that came from a smaller server, being thrown into T1/T2 wasn’t their idea of fun, so now that they are back in a lower tier, their numbers might have swelled beyond what Anet was expecting.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yeah. My guild on HoD has basically given up on WvW for this link because our t4 server got linked with a t2 and we never even did well the few times we accidentally got into t3. So now… Well a chunk of us were doing dungeons all night. Thanks for that, anet

I would suggest a further restriction that you never make skip-links like this. Maybe pair a server up and down one tier but not further.

What are you talking about? HoD is linked with my server, SBI. We’re in no way T2.

And the match is awesome! We seem to work well together. We had HoD commanders, SBI commanders with people from both servers mixing it up and following both. Both were inviting each other into their TS. Everyone seemed friendly and welcoming.

Might want to give it another shot because I have no idea how you could make the statement you did.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

umm…. sorry?

:)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Calm down, complainers. Take the chance to meet new people and make new friends. I think it is better for every server to make new friends. I do personally miss being linked with FA, but I also haven’t had a chance to meet anyone from CD, ET or Kaineng yet. I’m willing to give them a chance, why not?

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Also the CD linking is pretty strong right now. I am willing to bet that CD can make a push up to T2. I really wish ANET would reset the glicko though.. It’ll be weeks before we can move out of T4 because the glicko gap is so huge.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: sydney.4901

sydney.4901

To me it seems the numbers are way off in t4. I logged on at 9pm mst yesterday (DH) and we only had a few roamers on while the other servers had a zerg each. If this keeps up its back to overwatch for another 2 months.

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Blade Of Gandara.6738

Blade Of Gandara.6738

WHY PAIRED WITH MAAGUMA AGAIN WTH ANET!!!!!!
dear anet do you guys have personal grudge against our server or me and my guildys??? WHY DID YOU PAIR US WITH MAAGUMA AGAIN?!! while others get new change on world link.?!.. YOU GUYS ARE REALLY KILLING OUR SERVER !!

i guess we wont be playing again, thanks to your stupid decisions

Dark Jean
Athenian Knights [kYrO] Leader/Founder
Devona’s Rest Diamond Squire 8,055

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Teon.5168

Calm down, complainers. Take the chance to meet new people and make new friends. I think it is better for every server to make new friends. I do personally miss being linked with FA, but I also haven’t had a chance to meet anyone from CD, ET or Kaineng yet. I’m willing to give them a chance, why not?

I’m on Kaineng, and am definitely with ya on that.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Teon.5168

ugh…page glitch

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

World Linking 6/24/2016

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I am a little confused on how the server statuses were determined, why would TC be open and other servers that are full not be open? Some of this doesn’t make any sense. I think artificial lock downs need to end. At least lift them for a week before or after a new linking to let people move around as they want, so servers don’t need to have blackout weeks to open up, essentially wasting a week or more of play. This becomes an even bigger issue with guilds that now have members on different servers.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<