World Linking 8/26/2016

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jack Mc Daniel.5624

Jack Mc Daniel.5624

It’s impossible to have fun with that ridiculous matchup-system.
You failed completely with trying to balance WvW!

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Stop blaming Players for creating Population In-Balances.

Encouraging or Discouraging Population In-Balance isn’t what WvW needs.

You CAN NOT Balance Populution in a “Competitive” game mode.

WvW needs a solution that outright USES Server Population In-Balances as part of it’s design.

The current 3 Way Fight model creates an 800 pound gorrilla in each Tier & Allows Population In-Balances to Punish the Weak & Reward the Strong.

A better alternative is a Pure King of the Hill fight model that Allows Population In-Balances to Reward the Weak & to Make the Strong Earn their rank.

Using Carrots on a Horse attached to the Wrong Cart/Wagon won’t work in the Long Term.

For a Better Long Term Solution for WvW – Try a Google Search of – wvg world vs globes

Attachments:

(edited by Diku.2546)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The whole matchup Kodash vs Baruch vs Far Shiverpeaks & Whiteside Ridge & Fissure of Woe in a one picture.

Needless to say: I´m out of this.

Pssst .. there’s two other exits. Sneak out the back and flip something behind them. They’ll lose their minds and stop with the stupid spawn camping.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Glouryian.3765

Glouryian.3765

The whole matchup Kodash vs Baruch vs Far Shiverpeaks & Whiteside Ridge & Fissure of Woe in a one picture.

Pssst .. there’s two other exits. Sneak out the back and flip something behind them. They’ll lose their minds and stop with the stupid spawn camping.

Pssst .. guess what happens, if you sneak out and flip something elsewhere? Right, a group of fsp-gankers or the whole zerg shows up. And they will do so continuously.

Btw we still did not manage to get back our keep, cause they are spawncamping like crazy and the garrison is completely filled with siege. A very fine matchup indeed.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

The linking system for europe is complicated because of the languages. Maybe there could be a vote on those servers, if they want to be linked with servers that have a different language as well? Would surely make the work for arenanet easier.
What I think they could already do: change linkings if they obviously do not lead to balanced matchups after 1 week or 2 instead of waiting for 2 months to go by.

In NA the linking system actually works out quite well and matches are more fun with more players than before the linking system. Also I see a lot more people in wvw that have baby wvw levels. Maybe people that chose a dead wvw-server when starting the game now find their way into wvw with more populated matchups?

Merging solves the population-problems as much as linking does (linking is a temporary merge): not really and would further enrage the players that have been loyal to a server for so long.
Bandwagoners: let them transfer if they want to. I think the problem is overrated. I don’t see more people transfering compared to before the linkings and usually guilds don’t want to transfer to tier1 because of the queues anyway. I think servers have too many people that just don’t play, if their server has a hard time (“server hibernation”). So populations on servers can change very fast and people think that is because of transfers while it is just caused by people on winning servers playing more and longer and people on losing servers playing less. Unfortunately this may be a reason why balancing matchups will be very hard to do.

(edited by Rink.6108)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

Stop blaming Players for creating Population In-Balances.

Why? It wasn’t the players who decided to bandwagon? It was Arena Net that transfered these players to the winning servers? Let’s face reality, people don’t want a balanced fight, people want a easy win, that’s why they bandwagon.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kaldo.7960

Kaldo.7960

Monday Morning on Kodasch: loging in, everything on EBG belongs to FSP… starting a little Zerg with ~10 people, flip some towers, try to flip SM – a wild FSP blobb appears – wipe. Ok, lets try our own gari – a wild FSP blobb appears – wipe, Ok, lets try to flip their homeland gari – rushed through the watergates – a wild FSP blobb appears – wipe, Ok lets try to defend our Homelands against FSP – a wild FSP blobb appears, wipe. kitten this kitten iam out.

Thx anet, kittening thx.

Have you been playing your own game lately? And i mean WvW and not that PvE or PvP BS. Oh and btw. why does noone care about the german forum?

Entire weekend, Kodash zerg cap everything on FSP border them leave. FSP roamers retake things over the next hour… Then Kodash come in with the full zerg and cap every keep again. Repeat hourly. Hills they sometimes held to T3 on FSP border. Everytime one poke it, entire zerg comes to defend (and then cap garri and bay before leaving).

Zergs gonna zerg. It has little to do with FSP links. All the matchups look the same if you look at VP. The only difference is that in kitten and T4 the currently lower ranked servers are winning, lol.

Edit: kittens sake I dont even want to kittening know why kitten is kittening censored.

So did this Zerg flip your entire Map, build everything to T3 and spawncamped you the whole day so you didn’t even get outside Citadelle?

No they didnt?

Guess what u did today

The only comfort is, that it hopefully bored the kitten out of u that there was nothing on eb going on for hours.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Pssst .. guess what happens, if you sneak out and flip something elsewhere? Right, a group of fsp-gankers or the whole zerg shows up. And they will do so continuously.

Btw we still did not manage to get back our keep, cause they are spawncamping like crazy and the garrison is completely filled with siege. A very fine matchup indeed.

Pssst there are three other maps. EB tends to be for the new at wvw, you likely won’t get that on the other maps. And with nobody feeding them loot bags from spawn on EB, they’ll get bored and go away.

Or you can continue to feed them.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Kaldo.7960

And @ Anet

Better stop this BS now, linking the way you do it obviously failed. I dont even get why you think the top server need links at all. I am pretty sure, a lot of people had in mind, that linking should bring low tier server together so their wvw is not like a wasteland. But i am pretty sure u earn a kittenton of money with all the transfering and bandwaggoning going on with every new linking.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Kaldo.7960

Pssst there are three other maps. EB tends to be for the new at wvw, you likely won’t get that on the other maps. And with nobody feeding them loot bags from spawn on EB, they’ll get bored and go away.

Fun Fact:

We joined a border with 40 people and were outnumbered.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Fun Fact:

We joined a border with 40 people and were outnumbered.

Yup we had them last match. Just don’t feed them. Hop maps, make a game of it and drive them bonkers

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Kaldo.7960

Ok, maybe you enjoy such cat and mouse games, I don’t. I dont wanna secretly ppt maps, i wanna fight cause (big surprise comes now!) it’s a pvp mode and therefore i am not that much interested in pvd.

But facing server who are constantly outnumbering you or are close to non existent during the day (hello baruch bay) and have insane blobbs after 11pm as well, there is not much fighting.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

ANet you screwed up big time with this messy linking. On Deso we hardly ever have people on for weeks now. All I see – and I log in daily – is the outnumbered icon with 5 – 8 ppl on average facing zergs of 50+.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Kaldo.7960

To be fair, Deso is the last server who needs to complain, being linked 2 out of 3 times and facing now what they did to other server for 4 months straight.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Inoki.6048

To be fair, Deso is the last server who needs to complain, being linked 2 out of 3 times and facing now what they did to other server for 4 months straight.

I know nothing of that, I mentioned Deso as an example because I play there, but I know we’re not the only ones.

Generally this is not fair towards any server and linking should be done properly.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Ok, maybe you enjoy such cat and mouse games, I don’t. I dont wanna secretly ppt maps, i wanna fight cause (big surprise comes now!) it’s a pvp mode and therefore i am not that much interested in pvd.

But facing server who are constantly outnumbering you or are close to non existent during the day (hello baruch bay) and have insane blobbs after 11pm as well, there is not much fighting.

Don’t have to pvd to break up a blob. Jumping maps reduces their numbers.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I know nothing of that, I mentioned Deso as an example because I play there, but I know we’re not the only ones.

Generally this is not fair towards any server and linking should be done properly.

Sure you do. We just talked about in your other thread.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Inoki.6048

Nobody ever authorised you to speak on other’s behalf. Who are you to judge what they are or are not aware of.

When I say I am not aware of that I am not. Just because I mention Deso and play Deso I have to be aware of everything that happens / has happened in the past on Deso, right?

I have a life, I don’t keep track of every foot that ever stepped into the arena, or how one server was underpopulated in the past. If it happened, bad for them, they should have spoken up. It’s exactly as stated in my signature – the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for people to do nothing when they obviously see something is not right.

(edited by Inoki.6048)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Nobody ever authorised you to speak on other’s behalf. Who are you to judge what they are or are not aware of.

When I say I am not aware of that I am not. Just because I mention Deso and play Deso I have to be aware of everything that happens / has happened in the past on Deso, right?

I have a life, I don’t keep track of every foot that ever stepped into the arena, or how one server was underpopulated in the past. If it happened, bad for them, they should have spoken up. It’s exactly as stated in my signature – the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for people to do nothing when they obviously see something is not right.

This would be true if you didn’t have a concurrent thread at exactly the same time here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/EU-Server-merging-is-a-disaster.

You posted the quoted statement AFTER you posted that thread. So yes, you are aware.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Diku.2546

Why? It wasn’t the players who decided to bandwagon? It was Arena Net that transfered these players to the winning servers? Let’s face reality, people don’t want a balanced fight, people want a easy win, that’s why they bandwagon.

I totally agree with you.

A better alternative is a Pure King of the Hill fight model that Allows Population In-Balances to Reward the Weak & to Make the Strong Earn their rank.

See below

For a Better Long Term Solution for WvW – Try a Google Search of – wvg world vs globes

(edited by Diku.2546)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This would be true if you didn’t have a concurrent thread at exactly the same time here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/EU-Server-merging-is-a-disaster.

You posted the quoted statement AFTER you posted that thread. So yes, you are aware.

Which really doesnt matter anyway. unless he joined WvW yesterday, how is someone not aware of the wide swings in populations and servers going up and down over 4 years? Dont need to know the history, just look it up.

Or shall we blaim links for that time when Deso went from rank 10 to rank 1 in a month?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Glouryian.3765

Glouryian.3765

Same thing today…

So much fun! Thanks Anet!

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Gildarts.2594

Gildarts.2594

20 o’clock… kodash cant take garison back for 10 hours actually at ebg cause we are outnumbeed hard at every daytime… thanks arenanet for making balanced matchups for fsp but forget about the germans ofc who cares about german players… kodash would even be outnumbered vs fsp if fsp would not be linked with another server (kodash was never linked… arenanet even posted a cheap announcement why)… lol… and thank u for just ignoring german forums as well…

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: bigFM.8642

bigFM.8642

From current matchup:

Fort Ranik [FR] & Fels der Weissagung [FR] & Vizunah-Platz [FR]
Kills: 22,400
Deaths: 35,650
Ratio: 0.63

Are you afraid already, FSP? Thank god you have the help of 2 other servers or you would never stand a chance against the French alliance! Be aware, you will also face more arrow carts than you saw in 4 years of Guild Wars. If and when this matchup ever happens, i am sure you guys will be delighted…

/irony off

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

20 o’clock… kodash cant take garison back for 10 hours actually at ebg cause we are outnumbeed hard at every daytime… thanks arenanet for making balanced matchups for fsp but forget about the germans ofc who cares about german players… kodash would even be outnumbered vs fsp if fsp would not be linked with another server (kodash was never linked… arenanet even posted a cheap announcement why)… lol… and thank u for just ignoring german forums as well…

Well 3 hours later BB attacked the homelands… FSP steamrolling us during the day, BB at night. But yeah we have “enough” players and our server does need linking…

To be perfectly clear: linking in T1 is BS, i always thought they would link bronze and maybe silver together and not gold servers.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Well 3 hours later BB attacked the homelands… FSP steamrolling us during the day, BB at night. But yeah we have “enough” players and our server does need linking…

To be perfectly clear: linking in T1 is BS, i always thought they would link bronze and maybe silver together and not gold servers.

Where you complaining in february before the links when a rank 5 Kodash met rank 9 FSP and won with with 110,000 points due to nightcapping?

If you say yes, well you know the matchup is kittened, not the links. If you say no… well there you go. Everybody loosing complains.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Thea Cherry.6327

Where you complaining in february before the links when a rank 5 Kodash met rank 9 FSP and won with with 110,000 points due to nightcapping?

If you say yes, well you know the matchup is kittened, not the links. If you say no… well there you go. Everybody loosing complains.

Do you see the little difference between 5 – 9 without linkings and 1 – 9 WITH linkings?
You have been pushed by ANet to spot 1 so that they have a third server against the 2 french servers and now you get linked with 2 servers which are not linked and you beat the crap out of them. GG WP. If we loose against your server only, i would not complain because it would be our own fault.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

People crying because of a few weeks of bad matchups… Please… Darkhaven had 4 months of bad matchups straight when the links started. There were also servers like Eredon Terrace who had 1 year of bad matchups in past. Man up and stop crying. It’s too early for that.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Do you see the little difference between 5 – 9 without linkings and 1 – 9 WITH linkings?
You have been pushed by ANet to spot 1 so that they have a third server against the 2 french servers and now you get linked with 2 servers which are not linked and you beat the crap out of them. GG WP. If we loose against your server only, i would not complain because it would be our own fault.

What’s the difference?

You do realize that the current T2 matchup is kittened up and linking got exactly nothing to do with it?

How about another example of a matchup: SFR vs Deso vs Kodash (rank 1 vs 6 vs 10). Guess who won with 375 377 points and who lost with 139 914 points. Just take a wild guess.

Will you blaim linking for this? Because that matchup was 2 years ago. Eerily similar, huh?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

They should always allow you to build siege in spawn points in EB. That way you can “try” to take your fully sieged keep back, and do away with spawn campers. There could be rules on the siege in the spawn points, but allow them to be built and used.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

The NA T3 match which was good last linking period now is starting to suck too. YB must’ve gotten some bandwaggoners and their fairweathers came out so now they dominate. And seems like SoS even got some more people.

And compounding the issue of population imbalance is still matchmaking that doesn’t adjust fast enough. Anet if you’re going to do linkings and switch populations around you need to change the matchmaking system. That should have been part of the linking system.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

And compounding the issue of population imbalance is still matchmaking that doesn’t adjust fast enough. Anet if you’re going to do linkings and switch populations around you need to change the matchmaking system. That should have been part of the linking system.

Glicko volatility and deviation didn’t appear to get reset when the new server links was made so that is part of the issue with regards to matchmaking.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Diku.2546

They should always allow you to build siege in spawn points in EB. That way you can “try” to take your fully sieged keep back, and do away with spawn campers. There could be rules on the siege in the spawn points, but allow them to be built and used.

Hmm…

If ANet does this…I’d advise:

ANet should paint on the ground Exactly Where, How many, and What type of Siege can be setup in the Invulnerable area of the Spawn point. No supply used or needed when these Specific Siege is setup…or have them already available.

That way we don’t end up with Siege Trolls having a field day in the spawn point in addition to the normal stuff they already do, or Siege being abused to take objectives…aside from your Spawn point landing zone.

(edited by Diku.2546)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Hmm…

If ANet does this…I’d advise:

ANet should paint on the ground Exactly Where, How many, and What type of Siege can be setup in the Invulnerable area of the Spawn point.

That way we don’t end up with Siege Trolls having a field day in the spawn point in addition to the normal stuff they already do.

Or they can just make the siege spawn in there and despawn when you no longer need it, like siegerazer.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Kaldo.7960

What’s the difference?

You do realize that the current T2 matchup is kittened up and linking got exactly nothing to do with it?

How about another example of a matchup: SFR vs Deso vs Kodash (rank 1 vs 6 vs 10). Guess who won with 375 377 points and who lost with 139 914 points. Just take a wild guess.

Will you blaim linking for this? Because that matchup was 2 years ago. Eerily similar, huh?

You don’t get it at all do u?

No one is crying because we are losing. Of course we will lose the MU against FSP

The way it happens is what upsets us and by now really makes us angry cause u guys are on a more than stacked server, u would not have needed a link at all.

And what u are doing while u are so overcrowded is just disgusting. Not only are u holding our corner on EB for hours, sieging “our” garrison up like there is no tomorrow, you camp our EB spawn not just now and then, no, permanently so the completly frustrated player on kodash dont even have a chance to put a foot on that map.

Is the MU bullkitten? Yes it is! Are u bored? Ofc
Do u need to behave like kittens? I don’t think so

That like kicking a person that is already laying on the ground in the face.

So no, we are not complaining about the fact we are losing, we are complaining about the ridiculous overstacking of player on FSP and the fact that u are hyped to No1 artificially in a gamemode that should be competetive. And we are complaining about the way your server behaves while dominating everything.

(edited by Kaldo.7960)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

The NA T3 match which was good last linking period now is starting to suck too. YB must’ve gotten some bandwaggoners and their fairweathers came out so now they dominate. And seems like SoS even got some more people.

last link, we didn’t have one so any link at all was bound to be better for us. Where everyone came from, I do not know, but I haven’t seen these sort of queues na prime since t2 push to t1…. I have seen some YB faces I hadn’t seen for months, but clearly FC has boosted our numbers significantly.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

last link, we didn’t have one so any link at all was bound to be better for us. Where everyone came from, I do not know, but I haven’t seen these sort of queues na prime since t2 push to t1…. I have seen some YB faces I hadn’t seen for months, but clearly FC has boosted our numbers significantly.

Yeah, come to think of it I don’t understand what Anet was trying to do with the current linkings. I wonder if it was something similar to what they said in EU and that YB was linked with FC to try to compete with T2. But then who did they intend to be in T3?

The reason I think this is because last linkings were fairly even and YB was un-linked. But SBI was linked with HOD who is larger than our current link GoM. So now they link YB and at the same time link SBI with a smaller server. How does that make any sense?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

Links will never work as long as people mass migrate after the links are posted.

Link 2, YB lost a couple of guilds when we had no link and couldn’t compete with T1 (or T2).
Link 3, YB (+ link) now has WAY more people then we did before. Problem is we are in T3 (and had an rng T4 match roll). So more people in T3 than we had in T1/T2 doesn’t make sense….
I will concede some of new pop is old pop that didn’t play the last set of links….

In the end, links don’t make sense unless they try to make all links as equal as possible.

Drop tiers altogether
Make a set of round robin matches
Go down to 3 matches NA if needed.

its not like we will have more blowouts than now….

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I think Anet should do merges instead of links.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Links will never work as long as people mass migrate after the links are posted.

Link 2, YB lost a couple of guilds when we had no link and couldn’t compete with T1 (or T2).
Link 3, YB (+ link) now has WAY more people then we did before. Problem is we are in T3 (and had an rng T4 match roll). So more people in T3 than we had in T1/T2 doesn’t make sense….
I will concede some of new pop is old pop that didn’t play the last set of links….

In the end, links don’t make sense unless they try to make all links as equal as possible.

Drop tiers altogether

Isn’t YB more of a case of their celebrity commander DK wasn’t on while it dropped from t1-t4? Now he’s back, you got a link again and people are playing again.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

What’s the difference?

You don’t get it at all do u?

No one is crying because we are losing. Of course we will lose the MU against FSP

The way it happens is what upsets us and by now really makes us angry cause u guys are on a more than stacked server, u would not have needed a link at all.

And what u are doing while u are so overcrowded is just disgusting. Not only are u holding our corner on EB for hours, sieging “our” garrison up like there is no tomorrow, you camp our EB spawn not just now and then, no, permanently so the completly frustrated player on kodash dont even have a chance to put a foot on that map.

Is the MU bullkitten? Yes it is! Are u bored? Ofc
Do u need to behave like kittens? I don’t think so

That like kicking a person that is already laying on the ground in the face.

So no, we are not complaining about the fact we are losing, we are complaining about the ridiculous overstacking of player on FSP and the fact that u are hyped to No1 artificially in a gamemode that should be competetive. And we are complaining about the way your server behaves while dominating everything.

What does anything you say have to do with linking?

You keep describing every freaking server that has dominated a severly unbalanced matchup between high and low ranks in the last 4 years.

Kodash has been there too.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

Drop tiers altogether

Isn’t YB more of a case of their celebrity commander DK wasn’t on while it dropped from t1-t4? Now he’s back, you got a link again and people are playing again.

that is part of the answer yes, but he doesn’t play the uber long hours he once played. btw – we rng rolled T4 matches – we weren’t T4 (yes I am sensitive LOL) …

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Thea Cherry.6327

Dawdler you still don’t understand, so let met explain it to you in the hart way: when we (Kodash fight you 1:1) its even or we win, but with your 2 partner servers it just sucks to be us.

We fought our way up, we foght to stay there, we gave everything we could to be in gold. You on the other hand have been linked to two others servers so that you can beat both french servers. We got our position because of our sweat and tears, you were gifted your number 1 spot because of some BS ANet reason. Do you get it know?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Slow Lightning.4592

Slow Lightning.4592

Linking has not worked out (for EU anyway, I assume the same is true for NA):
- We now have a situation where, as stated by the anet post further up the thread, they are intentionally stacking servers and ‘match making’. How can that can kind of interference by right?
- The sense of community within the smaller servers has been put through the washing machine and diluted to the extent where they have nothing at all left. In the larger servers, this is now starting to also happen. In EU there are maybe only 1 or 2 servers remaining with a large stable community.
- The linking has not created any balance at all. All its creating is gem sales for anet as players bandwagon to smaller servers linked to larger servers. The linking was intended to solve balance issues – it has not done this at all.

A lot of damage has already been done. My suggestion is that Anet now perma merge servers (so total population is 15 in EU), and allow the communities to stablise, rebuild and get their identities back.

Linking must go!

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

I think Anet should do merges instead of links.

I’d go for that…tired of trying to remember what server I am on anymore…I see SoS take a camp and I cheer, only to realize I’m not with SoS anymore, but SBI…nuts.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: MoonT.6845

MoonT.6845

I want to know if somebody had been on the whiskey before combining the 3 largest French servers. Both ourselves (Gandara & Underworld) and Riverside are killing them at a 2:1 ratio yet there are always more. (K/D 3 French Servers 0.6, Gandara & Underworld 1.3 and Riverside 1.2) Somebody explain to me how the server doing all the dying is the one way out in front, would love to know the population figures over the duration of the match-up.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I want to know if somebody had been on the whiskey before combining the 3 largest French servers. Both ourselves (Gandara & Underworld) and Riverside are killing them at a 2:1 ratio yet there are always more. (K/D 3 French Servers 0.6, Gandara & Underworld 1.3 and Riverside 1.2) Somebody explain to me how the server doing all the dying is the one way out in front, would love to know the population figures over the duration of the match-up.

Because of PPT.
I recently transfered to Gandara and well today was at least 2 if not more hours of 25 viz vs 25 gandara between green keep and SM – with siege. As far as I could tell viz were losing a bunch of players in an endless and useless standoff. But it seems as if everybody has given up on wvw anyway. So in the end if you look at the K/D numbers: Those with a good K/D would have a chance if they’d have even numbers, those with a 0.X one only win because of their numbers. In case of FSP and Piken they’re better and bigger, I guess. Elona has a habit of building field siege. The DBL is also a problem – those “holding it” have got problems to defend it.
Viz is still leading because much bigger is still better and they can have more havoc groups capping stuff.

I’m too tired of this endless mess to think of a quick solution.
But: Anet, here’s an idea: Make Guild Wars 1,5 – A separate game with megaservers (for PvE), gliders (I really love them), without elites and a balance and everything like it has been ~2 years ago. But even back then not everything was perfect. But it’d be much easier to go from there than to fix what we have now.

Should I try?
-Towers upgrade too slowly, they need to be reinforced much sooner. SM upgrades too fast though.
-Defensive siege needs to be able to hit close targets. Recently tried to defend NW tower on the ABL and the AC I build in Lord’s wasn’t hitting the catas under the bridge.
- Siege should do massive damage against siege, we’ve tried to get 3 rams out with a treb and a cata and 2 sup acs and had no chance – no idea what exactly is up there. The other day we were 40 against 100 who built an AC, I just walked up there, killed that guy on the AC, killed the AC and walked out of 100 enemies unharmed. I do more damage to siege than siege – weird. I’m not complaining though, just that I should’ve recorded that.
- Mortars shouldn’t stack fire condi damage that fast. They also need their range increased back to what it has been.
- Stability needs a buff.
- We need class balance – the bunker meta must go – honestly: I saw a chrono and a druid duel today for 5 mins, they hit each other hard but each just healed up to full again – GG! And I don’t care whether or not they scale badly when it comes to larger groups – wvw is not just zergs
which leads us to:
- Stop creating mass-blob servers it’s no fun for no one. Maybe for those who blob each and everything to death but the fun is soon over when they realize that the other servers just play their game and only PPT anymore.

And you really should have some devs (incognito) in wvw to see where we’re coming from. It is a strategic, competitive game mode so everything needs to be balanced. You can’t always balance population “Oh no, we’re against Germans, quick someone look if there’s a Holiday”. Then try to reward those who play smarter and for that you need class balance, zerg balance, structure balance, you can’t just throw more people onto existing problems!

ETA²: Oh and the DBL shouldn’t be a third borderland. No idea if it’s too much trouble but I guess it would be a good EotM map.
ETA³; Another huge problem is the damage that can be done from outside to the inside – it’s pretty useless to try to defend anything with siege, you better have a bloob coming over.

(edited by Jana.6831)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Dawdler you still don’t understand, so let met explain it to you in the hart way: when we (Kodash fight you 1:1) its even or we win, but with your 2 partner servers it just sucks to be us.

We fought our way up, we foght to stay there, we gave everything we could to be in gold. You on the other hand have been linked to two others servers so that you can beat both french servers. We got our position because of our sweat and tears, you were gifted your number 1 spot because of some BS ANet reason. Do you get it know?

No I still dont get it, since you cant do basic history checking on mos millenium.

FSP got 2 links 26th aug – we went from rank 8 to rank 2 22nd july to 19th aug. How is that being carried by the 2 links? We didnt have 2 links when we raced up the ranks. Now we’re rank 1 because Deso collapsed and we had 2 weeks of DBL as homeborder which no one contest because everybody hate DBL.

Do you even know what rank Kodash is? You are rank 9. Baruch is rank 8. If you could fight 1:1 against rank 1 – or 2 or 3 or even 4 for that matter – it would be a kittening miracle because when such matchups happen the outcome has always been given. 2 links, 1 link or no links, its always the same thing. You seem to be still living in the days FSP and Kodash was equal rank.

Whether we will maintain rank 1 solely due to now being fat with 2 links is another matter. Piken nearly won last week. Had we been matched FSP vs Piken vs Jade you would probably have seen a tight matchup. All it takes is one loss for bandwagoners to abandon ship.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Kaldo.7960

What does anything you say have to do with linking?

You keep describing every freaking server that has dominated a severly unbalanced matchup between high and low ranks in the last 4 years.

Kodash has been there too.

Hmm, let me have a look

What might the fact of 2!!! linkings to FSP might have to do with the fact of unbalanced domination in this MU?

It’s not only this MU that is severly unbalanced, every MU against u ist unbalanced.

And let me explain to u why it gets even worse, the more u dominate. FSP is the shiny bandwagon lately a lot of ppl are transfering to. If u are a single, not linked server, like BB for example, they declare u as full with less of the population FSP has by now and transfering is over.

But lets make it simple numbers: FSP is ranked as very high, means they have a population somewhere around 75% to under 100% since they are not full. They are getting linked to 2 medium server, which have a population of 25%+ but less than 50% since that would be “high”

To keep it simple we go with the lowest numbers so FSP has a population of 125% by now, yet the server as a whole is not even declared as full, since those declarations are made per single server. So where do the bandwagoners now transfer to exactly? To FSP for 1800 gems? No, ofc not, since u are linked to 2 server that needs only 500 gems to transfer to. So FSP can stack a playervolume of over 150% where not even a single server of your cluster is declared to the next status, in this case for FSP “full” or the other 2 server “high”. And even then, transfering to your server is still possible.

So Anet created a monster, and it is very attractive to join it for those, who are bandwagoning since years anyways. And the reason they did this, is because they told people that they needed a balance for the 2 french Megaserver they created. But funfact: Frenchies where never dominating on the fightside, they are just doing insane PPT. And did u hear so many of us complain last week when we faced Vizu and BB? We knew, we wouldnt win, cause 2 insane PPT server against a german server that has no handy other countries with the same mothertongue in other timezones.

So in the end yes, matchups were always a question of population and coverage, but with server who have a limit of 100% population u can compete and u have at least passages during the day where it’s fun to play WvW, no matter if u win the MU or not.

But with that state of WvW at the moment, where we have outnumbered buffs with 40 ppl on tag, that’s just ridiculous.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

So Moderators closed this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/EU-Server-merging-is-a-disaster

The thread was not about a particular matchup but to visualize server linking problems matchups were used as examples.

Honestly Arenanet, are you so scared to talk about the issue ? Do you think that closing threads solves problems ?

(edited by mordran.4750)