in WvW

Posted by: Anek Su.7319

Anek Su.7319

Unfortunately Anet based its actions on statistics WVW
for me none of them is inside WVW playing or monitoring
so all and based on statistical logicha
a simple example
statisticha says that aero is more secure means of transport
statisticha but he does not say that when plane falls in 98% of cases all passengers die
I do not know if I can explain what I mean
But we see that it happens in T1
Practically desolation combat against 5 servers
I can say only this great work anet
contininuate so to kill the whole game play
Balancing is not worth even talking
what keeps really anet to WVW you see the events they organize
when were last 2014?
do not add more
GL Deso
It will serve with great work he does anet

(edited by Anek Su.7319)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

I agree that the balance in NA makes 6 good competitors in T1&T2 and T3&T4 that are able to beat each other. Of course a shuffle of small servers to weaker servers could make it even better (I am not sure though if that is even needed or if the scores atm just show some players/commanders not playing the last week; CD was very active for example, SoS unusually bad populated. That may be different next week.).
I think Arenanet should adjust the Glicko-system with a system that does work even with server linkings. So a system that “adds” up activity on servers and thus in the current matchup should make it hard for T3/T4 servers to go to T2. Or just make the matchups manually instead, so blowouts just don’t happen. Why the randomness anyway? Ever seen players happy because of it?
Never let statistics do your thinking for you and if arenanet doesn’t have any professionals in their rows to make the interpretation of their statistics, then I am surely not the only guy that would like to help out and has studied it.

In EU there are so many servers in tiers where you wouldn’t put them if you consider their strength atm. Let’s hope the new matchup in NA doesn’t also go this way.

(edited by Rink.6108)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

In EU there are so many servers in tiers where you wouldn’t put them if you consider their strength atm. Let’s hope the new matchup in NA doesn’t also go this way.

It’s a real shame due to the language barrier…but considering how much of jerks certain server languages act towards others (I’m looking at you, French, this is why we can’t have nice things), this may not be able to be changed without starting full blown server link problems.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Hello everyone,

I know a lot of EU players are asking why Far Shiverpeaks is linked with Whiteside Ridge and Fissure of Woe so I figured I would clear up why this link was made.

Our goal with World Linking is good matches. This doesn’t necessarily mean that worlds in tier 4 are intended to be competitive with worlds in tier 1, but ideally every world in tier 4 should be competitive with the other worlds in tier 4 and likewise every world in tier 1 should be competitive with the other worlds in tier 1. It would be nice if worlds in tier 4 were competitive with tier 1, but it’s not realistic since the distribution of players across worlds is not consistent. The issue is compounded in EU, due to the fact that we are avoiding linking worlds with different languages. For example, there is only one Spanish world, so they’ll never be linked and thus might never be competitive in tier 1 worlds. Similarly making each set of German worlds have equivalent populations has proved equally impossible because if we were to link them they would have a much higher population than other worlds, making match-ups against them not competitive.

Far Shiverpeaks was linked with two worlds because we needed a third world that would have similar population to the French worlds, specifically Jade Sea and Vizunah Square so that the matchup could be competitive. Far Shiverpeaks, Whiteside, Ridge, and Fissure of Woe linked together gave us the best population to create competitive match-ups for that tier.

It is also important to keep in mind that this is the very first week of match-ups and it will take time before glicko adjusts worlds into their correct tiers.

Could you please drop your artificial walls next time around? Do your best to give every server pairing the same population and drop the glicko bullkitten. Forcing stale matchups isn’t helping anything, and if this ends up not working you can always switch things back.

This is the type of trials you should be doing instead of wasting time on repair hammers and open field siege.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

This is the type of trials you should be doing instead of wasting time on repair hammers and open field siege.

Speaking of which, where are my cannons? I need to build my pirate ship…

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Honestly Arenanet, are you kidding me,

you are linking a 3 world server gainst 2 standalone servers ? Are you nuts ? Do you want to completely destroy any fun people remain to have in WvW on purpose ? We have constant outnumbered buff here !

Are you so desperately in need for the gem purchases of all the winning team joiners ? Then please figure out another business model !

p.s.

Since reset the first time in months i encountered skill lag, so even your servers can´t handle the mega blobs you create.

Attachments:

(edited by mordran.4750)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

“oh my T1 server is dead because it can’t win a matchup”

Pu-lease…

Deso is currently fighting the equivalent of 5 servers, we just don`t have those numbers, when you`ve got 25 on a map , you get an outnumbered buff and you get mobbed by two 40+ blobs constantly, it starts to put people off playing because it simply is NO fun.

Thats why it seems so quiet to him.

Karma is a female dog isnt it?
Funny you weren’t complaining when you did the same thing to gandara for the last month.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Karma is a female dog isnt it?
Funny you weren’t complaining when you did the same thing to gandara for the last month.

I wrote over 1 month ago when Desolation was linked with RoS:
“Bangwagoning is real. I have in recent weeks seen a big influx of people to Desolation + Ring of Surmia. I am quite certain that the other top tier servers in EU have experienced in the same. I don’t think most of the players have actually transferred to Desolation, but instead went to RoS, as the transfer costs are cheaper. One way to fix this problem is to use the highest populated server costs for all linked servers. Now it is simply too cheap to transfer to EU rank #1 server. Yet, I do NOT think it is good idea to make transfers cost more than 1500 gems.”

It seem Arenanet really doesn’t either read or understand my messages. Instead they repeat the same mistakes again and again as if they really do NOT understand how to balance things.

Cheap transfer cost for linked server = huge mistake as it leads to cheap bandwagoning. Especially if it is a linked tier 1 server. When Desolation was benefiting from this lopsided system, I voiced this problem out. To make things worse they paired EU rank #2 server (FSP, now rank 1) with 2 servers with mere 800 gem transfer cost = madness! (linked servers should use the higher transfer cost)

Excessive transfer costs are also not a good solution as it only makes Arenanet to appear too greedy and most MMORPG players hate that. Players need real incentives to play on something else than the top rank. I know some enjoy challenge, but most just want an easy win, press 11112 for win and thus at Desolation we also got more than our fair share of fair weathers.

Still I am puzzled of Desolation’s “full” status. Note: I play mostly outside prime time. I haven’t seen any queue outside prime on any map after Desolation was unlinked from RoS. And in prime time I have generally just witnessed a queue to 1 map. So how can that be classified as full? I would understand that full means that the server really is so full of WvWvW players that getting players to maps becomes a problem. If there is no queue to any map, it doesn’t really appear as “full” to players. Instead it makes players to see this game mode as dying and failing, yet Arenanet uses weird metrics to claim otherwise.

I have written so many times that outnumbered buff should be a real buff, instead of a useless joke e.g. really give the outnumbered players much more loot or buff the structure defenses on the outnumbered side (but not PCs, as that could lead to serious balance issues). WvWvW rewards in general need a significant increase and we need access to fractal materials from WvWvW. Fix the lag and give us better skills balance. Do all these and we have much higher WvWvW player base to spread on the maps and servers.

Higher player base would overall benefit this game mode and decrease the need for server linking (I am not talking super high, but back to the levels of 2013-2014). Thus Arenanet should do their best to increase the amount of players.

How many times I need to repeat this?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Veritas.6193

Veritas.6193

Honestly Arenanet, are you kidding me,

you are linking a 3 world server gainst 2 standalone servers ? Are you nuts ? Do you want to completely destroy any fun people remain to have in WvW on purpose ? We have constant outnumbered buff here !

What’s the problem? Last matchup was Riverside vs. France (Jade Sea + Arborstone, Vizu + Fort Ranik + Augury Rock = all french servers), hella fun.

Combined Servers will never be balanced.

—\ Riverside [DE] /—

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

True, but…the Game Mode should at least let ALL players (not just the top servers) feel good about their Match-Ups by allowing them to choose it themselves.

The Current Match-Up system doesn’t allow players to do that.

A better Match-Up system that does Allow ALL Players to pick their own Match-Ups would need to be based on a Pure King of the Hill model & not a Fixed 3 Way.

The Tier Structure was supposed to be the King of the Hill, but it’s been generally accepted as a complete & utter failure in this aspect…imho

It’s possible to let ALL Players to pick their own Match-Ups given the Current Game Mechanics…it’s called Server Guesting.

For a Better Long Term Solution for WvW – Try a Google Search of – wvg world vs globes

(edited by Diku.2546)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Our goal with World Linking is good matches.

• You know, I liked the sound of World Linking when it was announced. I thought the top server would be paired with the bottom and suchlike until the middle two were paired together.
  • This seemed a sensible and fair way to match the servers which would result in everybody getting a shot at first place on the ladder.
  • This “good matches” concept blows the whole ladder to smithereens. What’s the point in it now?
  • The goal of the new system needs to be reviewed. This is poor design YET AGAIN!
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

it is clear that server linking failed, WvW is loosing activity every day

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Just saying: You might not want to keep the linking (EU) as it is for full 2 months as I guess around a third of players on all servers who currently don’t stand a chance against the monsterblobs you created will quit for good.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

mordran.4750

What’s the problem?

Is that a serious question ? Dude you are either a troll or do not have a clue how wvw works.

Congratulations that you´ve come to this insight. I guess that is completely new to the people posting here……

(edited by mordran.4750)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: len.7809

len.7809

Anet do what ever they consider good for us, but let me ask:

Did you sent staff to the WvW world to check the number of players playing?
Did you exclude the PvE players before linking servers?

that is the question, did you? Seems like you didnt. If you did, you wont link FSP with 2 servers.

Atm, FSP has 100+ q to EBG, 30 aprox to each BL, that is how SFR looks year ago, when the players still playing WvW… You just made FSP unbalanced, and more imbalanced population.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Anet do what ever they consider good for us, but let me ask:

Did you sent staff to the WvW world to check the number of players playing?
Did you exclude the PvE players before linking servers?

that is the question, did you? Seems like you didnt. If you did, you wont link FSP with 2 servers.

Atm, FSP has 100+ q to EBG, 30 aprox to each BL, that is how SFR looks year ago, when the players still playing WvW… You just made FSP unbalanced, and more imbalanced population.

Fun fact: If deso hadnt been in the matchup but rather someone with tons of peeps (like say the french), FSP would probably have come dead last. We have also had a nearly uncontested red border (ie DBL) for two weeks, being about +40ish in “free” PPT above the rest. When all the guilds (new and old) are out in force you wont see a single open border tag above 10 people, because there is no room on the borders. GG trying to fight a 50 man with 10 peeps because 2 guilds are taking turns scrimming and another is AFK in spawn – and you still got a 20 man queue.

The next week will be interesting to see.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Glouryian.3765

Glouryian.3765

The whole matchup Kodash vs Baruch vs Vizunah Square & Augury Rock & Fort Ranik in a one picture.

Ebg completely red, groups of about 20 people spawncamping with ballistas, acs and stuff.

GG anet

Attachments:

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Zril.1760

Zril.1760

Just saying: You might not want to keep the linking (EU) as it is for full 2 months as I guess around a third of players on all servers who currently don’t stand a chance against the monsterblobs you created will quit for good.

This!

I understand that linkings can go wrong and thats its hard to balance them out but atm it seems kinda unbalanced in EU. Hope they relink servers sooner and dont wait the whole 2 months.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So when player who haven’t changed server get some special rewards?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Shahanayana.3781

Shahanayana.3781

good job a-net. wvw died for me.. no fun anymore. i guess a-net wants to destroy wvw. this matchmaking is horrible… i dont think they play their own game.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

JQ and DB are now open and TC closed but guess which server has a link for the next 6 weeks. Good job anet, you absolutely have to review how you link servers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kaldo.7960

Kaldo.7960

Since Anet loves numbers and statistics, lets see, what u are doing here Anet

Kodash and Baruch Bay are playing against the french connection at the moment

And because of the insane numbers they have with 3 server, they do a hell of a ppt job and of course, they will win the match.

Let`s see how they are doing on the fightside

Fort Ranik [FR] & Augury Rock [FR] & Vizunah-Platz [FR]
Kills: 28,754
Deaths: 43,283
Ratio: 0.66

So what u are doing Anet, is to artifically hype a server that is so weak in fighting, that not linked servers just run over their zergs and produce such a K/D ratio, into T1 of Goldleague where it simply does not belong with the argument, that FSP needs 2!! links to compete with them.

U sure guys?
Like really?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

May the stacking begin. (again)

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

so do u guys want to re-vote and go for one month linking or still sticking to your old votes?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

One month re linking won the original vote. It was the choice of the developers to go to two month server pairings.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rhonin.1687

Rhonin.1687

yea well, they are killing off 1 server at the time each link reset, the matchups are so kitten unbalanced that you can’t really blame people for giving up, myself included, it is just no fun anymore

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

JQ and DB are now open and TC closed but guess which server has a link for the next 6 weeks. Good job anet, you absolutely have to review how you link servers.

And maybe be smart enough Anet to look at population numbers before changing the links? JQ was in a good place until you chopped off a chunk of our population. As if that was helpful at all.

This YoYo bs with our populations is just creating immense frustration and apathy toward the game.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

mordran.4750

And another completely kittened matchup proudly presented by Arenanet. A 3 World int. server against 2 national servers. I can even safe call now who will win this. It´s ridiculous what they are doing, they really have no clue whats going on. They are destroying national servers in the long run if they don´t stop this bullkitten and actually create matches where you don´t know the winner 1 minute after reset.

Attachments:

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

SOS should go in t4,this server just feeding points at T3 ,can not compete people are leaving this server cause it is a weak server ,lazy people stacking on this server doin nothing.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

And another completely kittened matchup proudly presented by Arenanet. A 3 World int. server against 2 national servers. I can even safe call now who will win this. It´s ridiculous what they are doing, they really have no clue whats going on. They are destroying national servers in the long run if they don´t stop this bullkitten and actually create matches where you don´t know the winner 1 minute after reset.

Sorry to say, I don’t think anything short of having no points for a matchup will satisfy EU at this point. I mean even down to complaining about losing a matchup first hour into it. You guys need to relax more and stop worrying about what rank your server should be at, and how you should be in the perfect dream matchup, cause it won’t happen.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

SOS should go in t4,this server just feeding points at T3 ,can not compete people are leaving this server cause it is a weak server ,lazy people stacking on this server doin nothing.

SoS beat SBI to 2nd this week… And I heard they received plenty of transfer from the dying Dragonwagon.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

One month re linking won the original vote. It was the choice of the developers to go to two month server pairings.

the reason given was because it isn’t a great majority. so now the question is again back to the people who didn’t vote for one month, will they vote one month or will they not

i do remember 3 months was quite close to 1 month

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: LilShippo.5194

LilShippo.5194

On Tonight’s Episode of 1Vs100Blob, the Blob won!

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

SoS beat SBI to 2nd this week… And I heard they received plenty of transfer from the dying Dragonwagon.

A number of those that bandwagoned to DB at the end of the first set of pairings originally came from SoS…the prodigal sons return?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

IDK BB stayed in the game pretty well with their powers of nightcapping…maybe thats what Deso and Gandara should do…like never sleep and kittenzz

Attachments:

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Question though, do french players drop fancy heavy loot bags? There should be like a small chance to get elonian wine in french server lootbags, coz french.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: GundamSentinel.6470

GundamSentinel.6470

GH here. Half my guild stopped playing showing up for raids, many previously active players on the server can’t be bothered playing anymore or want to switch server. I’m tempted to drop GW2 entirely for a couple of months.

I don’t mind losing matchups. But empty Vabbi on our side means we don’t even stand the slightest chance in any matchups. No fights, just steamrolling blobs. I’m not having fun at all.

Extra sour is that before this server linking we were slowly crawling up the ranks. Does Anet even play wvw? Do they even know what actual wvw players like and want? It has never seemed that way.

(edited by GundamSentinel.6470)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

GH here. Half my guild stopped playing showing up for raids, many previously active players on the server can’t be bothered playing anymore or want to switch server. I’m tempted to drop GW2 entirely for a couple of months.

I don’t mind losing matchups. But empty Vabbi on our side means we don’t even stand the slightest chance in any matchups. No fights, just steamrolling blobs. I’m not having fun at all.

Extra sour is that before this server linking we were slowly crawling up the ranks. Does Anet even play wvw? Do they even know what actual wvw players like and want? It has never seemed that way.

We were doing pretty good before the linking was introduced at all. Given that we survived losing 5 guilds and ~150 players in one week.
But yeah, count me to those who gave up.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

You know, as someone on WSR who was paired up with RoF for 2 linkings with GH generally corpse jumping us and laughing while blobbing us I don’t have a lot of sympathy. It sucks to be bottom and blobbed all the time which is why WSR is now linked with FSP. We have lost that many people over the 5 months since linkings happened and being stuck with RoF.

The whole thing is a problem because we have lots of single language servers and ANet needs to make multiples of 3 for servers. NA is much easier to sort out as you can link any server populations that fit. EU is just a mess because after you link the national servers the best you can, you end up either making all multinational servers too small to compete against the nationals or you have to make some big and some a bit too small.

Unfortunately there’s no way to solve this issue really for EU.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Sounds like maybe EU should go back to not having linkings at all. Weren’t you all having pretty good matches before linkings? Well except for the low low tiers? Maybe just link the low low tiers and leave the tops alone.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Sounds like maybe EU should go back to not having linkings at all. Weren’t you all having pretty good matches before linkings? Well except for the low low tiers? Maybe just link the low low tiers and leave the tops alone.

Yup.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

That was my idea of having links, put up some smaller ones to fight the bigger ones. But it turns out to be more a money grab with transfers then actually even things out.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

well to be fair: it is hard to even things out. Even things that arenanet cannot control, like one populat commander that doesn’t play one week can condemn a server to be dead last. But yea, the problem should be addressed, as it is the most important problem in wvw: matchmaking. Maybe in europe the question has to be answered, if the language segregation should continue in wvw, or if linkings between languages can be possible. On NA servers there are also people that only speak spanish or korean, they play in guilds that speak their language. We even have Australians here.. nobody understands a word they are saying but that’s fine.

(edited by Rink.6108)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

there is no point linking servers if you leave the flood gates open were people can join the big guilds via proxy, either you lock the servers or raise the transfer cost when linking.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: bigFM.8642

bigFM.8642

In my opinion this whole server linking experiment is a mess and just an incredible fail and should be called off for good.

There is absolutely NO balance any more. Some pairings just steamroll everything and because of the link they grow even stronger with each day the bandwagoners roll in. People just transfer like crazy and there is no server identity or cummunities any more. Once you get to know the players of your linked server you can already say goodbye to them and deal with a whole other bunch of people, that probably spawncamped you just a couple days ago.

At the beginning i thought it was a good idea, but only if they link 1st with last, 2nd with 2nd last and so on. But now it just seems absolutely random and i can not follow any logic in this system. The way it is now, it contributes to the death of the game mode more than anything.

The fact that Arenanet doesn’t even reply to all our pretty valid concerns is so annoying, i can’t even put it into words…

Just unlink all servers and then merge some of them for good, so the smaller playerbase distributes on fewer servers overall, then lock it down and don’t mess with it anymore and just let us play in peace.

Please, for the love of god!

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Monday Morning on Kodasch: loging in, everything on EBG belongs to FSP… starting a little Zerg with ~10 people, flip some towers, try to flip SM – a wild FSP blobb appears – wipe. Ok, lets try our own gari – a wild FSP blobb appears – wipe, Ok, lets try to flip their homeland gari – rushed through the watergates – a wild FSP blobb appears – wipe, Ok lets try to defend our Homelands against FSP – a wild FSP blobb appears, wipe. kitten this kitten iam out.

Thx anet, kittening thx.

Have you been playing your own game lately? And i mean WvW and not that PvE or PvP BS. Oh and btw. why does noone care about the german forum?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The server linking failed big time in EU. Now the population imbalance is so big that I am sure it is not the best fun even for the winning side as they have queues and less zerg fights to fight. Several big name commanders either quit or log in very rare. Some guilds disbanded. And we seen massive bandwagoning, yet the two most bandwagoned EU servers are not in the same match up against each other, which would of course be the optimal case.

Arenanet should rethink their match making: match servers based on WvWvW population (server + linked server together) instead of rank. They already have the code to count the active population. Just tally in the numbers from all linked servers as well and place servers vs each other based on the total population.

The server linking changes were so drastic that the old rankings became partly obsolete and the glicko changes so slow that it leads to imbalanced match ups, week after week. Waiting for 8+ weeks for the glicko to give the servers their corresponding ranks makes no sense, as after 8 weeks we have another server relink. If Arenanet continues the current way to world linking, they must do the match making based on population, not based on rank.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Monday Morning on Kodasch: loging in, everything on EBG belongs to FSP… starting a little Zerg with ~10 people, flip some towers, try to flip SM – a wild FSP blobb appears – wipe. Ok, lets try our own gari – a wild FSP blobb appears – wipe, Ok, lets try to flip their homeland gari – rushed through the watergates – a wild FSP blobb appears – wipe, Ok lets try to defend our Homelands against FSP – a wild FSP blobb appears, wipe. kitten this kitten iam out.

Thx anet, kittening thx.

Have you been playing your own game lately? And i mean WvW and not that PvE or PvP BS. Oh and btw. why does noone care about the german forum?

Entire weekend, Kodash zerg cap everything on FSP border them leave. FSP roamers retake things over the next hour… Then Kodash come in with the full zerg and cap every keep again. Repeat hourly. Hills they sometimes held to T3 on FSP border. Everytime one poke it, entire zerg comes to defend (and then cap garri and bay before leaving).

Zergs gonna zerg. It has little to do with FSP links. All the matchups look the same if you look at VP. The only difference is that in kitten and T4 the currently lower ranked servers are winning, lol.

Edit: kittens sake I dont even want to kittening know why kitten is kittening censored.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Glouryian.3765

Glouryian.3765

The whole matchup Kodash vs Baruch vs Far Shiverpeaks & Whiteside Ridge & Fissure of Woe in a one picture.

Needless to say: I´m out of this.

Attachments:

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Anrkides.4083

Anrkides.4083

Hey Anet,
Are You even reading this thread or you ignoring it and do not care? Because looks like it. And you killing the best gamemode in all mmo games, but maybe that you want. So sad.

Tethyx The Raider,
Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandarian, WvW player from born to death