World Linking 8/26/2016

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Wow. Take a look at the bottom tier of NA. That’s some awesome pairing there. Jesus wept.

Well, have time for Fallout 4 now. Thanks Anet.

Much better than Dh+EBay/SF+FC+GoM/CD+Kain+ET+BP.

I would prefer having three 4-servers linking than three 3-servers linking. I believe three 4-servers linking will be much closer in terms of population to match against T3 and T2. In other words, “Very High” servers can be not linked to create a closer and wider variety. The previous 4-servers linking already prove competitive against a single “Very High” server.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

So……….anet……feel free to pipe up when ever

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

First week… dice rolled got JQ in T2 (I on TC, thought we would roll it), but I’m happy with the current pairings. I’d be happy in t2 also.

YB rolled T4, that won’t stick. I would imagine t4 na, will get CD+2 soon enough(next week).

EU pairings look like the rolls gave large volitility. I would imagine things level out a bit over the next 2 weeks. Minus the 2nd place pairing which seems suspect.

Stuff happens, been enjoying myself this weekend so far, haven’t even looked at the score until today. Glad TC got kaineng paired, our old friends reunited. We can have some fun, whether in t1 or t2.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: yumee.1405

yumee.1405

On the other side … I’m really sad for ag and drakkar.. must be really boring to be in front of dead Gunnar ‘s Vabbi. Dead + dead stay dead .. in front you have FSP problem x)
I don’t mind my server being more or less dead .. just don’t put zerg in front of us x)

ANd did you think in your calculation that it was summer break?

(edited by yumee.1405)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

Hello everyone,

I know a lot of EU players are asking why Far Shiverpeaks is linked with Whiteside Ridge and Fissure of Woe so I figured I would clear up why this link was made.

Our goal with World Linking is good matches. This doesn’t necessarily mean that worlds in tier 4 are intended to be competitive with worlds in tier 1, but ideally every world in tier 4 should be competitive with the other worlds in tier 4 and likewise every world in tier 1 should be competitive with the other worlds in tier 1. It would be nice if worlds in tier 4 were competitive with tier 1, but it’s not realistic since the distribution of players across worlds is not consistent. The issue is compounded in EU, due to the fact that we are avoiding linking worlds with different languages. For example, there is only one Spanish world, so they’ll never be linked and thus might never be competitive in tier 1 worlds. Similarly making each set of German worlds have equivalent populations has proved equally impossible because if we were to link them they would have a much higher population than other worlds, making match-ups against them not competitive.

Far Shiverpeaks was linked with two worlds because we needed a third world that would have similar population to the French worlds, specifically Jade Sea and Vizunah Square so that the matchup could be competitive. Far Shiverpeaks, Whiteside, Ridge, and Fissure of Woe linked together gave us the best population to create competitive match-ups for that tier.

It is also important to keep in mind that this is the very first week of match-ups and it will take time before glicko adjusts worlds into their correct tiers.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Balkarrie Legacy.9175

Balkarrie Legacy.9175

Hello everyone,

I know a lot of EU players are asking why Far Shiverpeaks is linked with Whiteside Ridge and Fissure of Woe so I figured I would clear up why this link was made.

Our goal with World Linking is good matches. This doesn’t necessarily mean that worlds in tier 4 are intended to be competitive with worlds in tier 1, but ideally every world in tier 4 should be competitive with the other worlds in tier 4 and likewise every world in tier 1 should be competitive with the other worlds in tier 1. It would be nice if worlds in tier 4 were competitive with tier 1, but it’s not realistic since the distribution of players across worlds is not consistent. The issue is compounded in EU, due to the fact that we are avoiding linking worlds with different languages. For example, there is only one Spanish world, so they’ll never be linked and thus might never be competitive in tier 1 worlds. Similarly making each set of German worlds have equivalent populations has proved equally impossible because if we were to link them they would have a much higher population than other worlds, making match-ups against them not competitive.

Far Shiverpeaks was linked with two worlds because we needed a third world that would have similar population to the French worlds, specifically Jade Sea and Vizunah Square so that the matchup could be competitive. Far Shiverpeaks, Whiteside, Ridge, and Fissure of Woe linked together gave us the best population to create competitive match-ups for that tier.

It is also important to keep in mind that this is the very first week of match-ups and it will take time before glicko adjusts worlds into their correct tiers.

Good Matches ..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA , yep fighting the equivalent of 5 servers by yourself is a ’ good match ’ absolute genius…..

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

yumee.1405

Moving a tier 4 servers to a tier 1 is not making it competitive in their tier .. it’s just bullkitten .. sry

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

FSP, the only defense against French world domination!

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Hello everyone,

thanks for answering what you are trying to do, but have you considered even less matches (tiers) with more combined servers in an attempt to even things up? T4 NA was messed up for 8 weeks. YB got the shaft for 8 weeks. Early returns seem to indicate TC played well by dropping to 4th just before re-linking ensuring a link while JQ is odd man out. Meanwhile T4 may not be much better this go around (too early to tell with a T3 server in the match)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Hello everyone,

Why don’t you step back abit and consider excluding T1 out from the equation. You can make T4 competitive with T2 (or least T3) while simply ignoring T1 (and T2) and leave them to their own device.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: porem.2601

porem.2601

Hello everyone,

So u basicaly saying that lower tier servers just should give up fighting for better/different mu and u will decide who they can fight? I mean… u want ppl to enjoy the game /or at least u saying that/ and yet even if some link from lower tier start /highly doubt it/ growing and ranking up, after 2 months you just could say… hey guys, but we need you fighting down here in plastic league. Here, take this empty server and go back where u belong. Yeah, this will motivate ppl in lower tiers pla… for sure :]

I guess community (or whats left) hoped that this server linking thing is here to close gaps between tiers and access greater diversity of MUs. Now u saying that FSP is here to fight FR servers… Ok im not sure if that is sad or funny anymore.

Also in your equation… how will be GH+Vabbi competitive with anyone for this linking?

(edited by porem.2601)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

And those guilds are all running the DBL? Why? Because all other maps have queues? If so mission accomplished “WE NEED TO THROW MORE PEOPLE AT THE PROBLEMS” – for now at least.

ETA: Yeah, I’m mad – I want my server back how it has been but that ship has sailed long ago, one of our biggest guilds will leave us and we’re the next satelite server when EU is reduced to 4 tiers – because why not, right? MOAR PEOPLE!!

ETA²: But maybe we will circle Piken at some point and this time I’m not standing shy next to you in Lang

Which guild is leaving GH if you don’t mind me asking?

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: DaveTheKid.5293

DaveTheKid.5293

Hello everyone,

To be honest it was totally not needed to do that. In the last weeks Farshiverpeaks have proven that they are a strong fighting force and even with a low Population they stayed in the top ranks and made your so called competitive fights

What you guys did with that linking is: You destroyed the server and his community!
You want us to play Competitive? Whats wrong in your brain. We always made good matchups and nice plays
And even if a human being would be able to understand your logic (which i really doubt) then you still destroyed the server.
How are we gonna play competitive with a qeue on every Single Map (including Obsidian Sanctum)? Funny thing is that this qeues are not made of our players who are fighting. This qeues are made of kitten afk people which were brought to us by you!

Good Job in destroying this Gamemode. I really start doubting that you even care!

Pink Afro Samurai!
Farshiverpeaks :3

(edited by DaveTheKid.5293)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

thanks for answering what you are trying to do, but have you considered even less matches (tiers) with more combined servers in an attempt to even things up? T4 NA was messed up for 8 weeks. YB got the shaft for 8 weeks. Early returns seem to indicate TC played well by dropping to 4th just before re-linking ensuring a link while JQ is odd man out.

Just a comment on this, I’m absolutely sick of servers/guild alliances exploiting the system and getting rewarded for it. Its happened with BG and TC and maybe DB are now trying to do it, either link all servers in T1 and T1 NA or don’t link any. Servers moving to full or very high may be automatic (although this is up for debate) but certainly links are being done on a case by case basis so it is within anets power to ensure servers aren’t absolutely screwed for 2 months.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

If I were anet I would:
1. Set the goal limit to the t1 servers. They are not t1 for nothing. They have both manpower and skill. You can at least balance the manpower.
2. Thus, leaving all t1 server unlinked.
3. Try to balance out other tiers to get as close as possible to the manpower a tier 1 server have.
4. Asking the “german, french and spanish” servers if they want to be linked with an english one through a poll. You have been doing a lot of polls, why not asking if the players wanted it or not ? Pretty sure most of us understands english.
5. Time zone. An international server has the advantage that their time zone is more spread out, so the night is more covered than one nation(correct word?). By linking one national with international servers you can get it even out better. You can try putting up serveral german servers together, but that doesn’t mean they got a stronger night raid, so the result with be a loss despite having the same manpower during the day.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Thanks for your explanation. Knowing that whole guilds will be transferring before “Glick0 adjusts”, because of the new matchups – won’t this will skew the adjustment?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Hello everyone,

Why don’t you step back abit and consider excluding T1 out from the equation. You can make T4 competitive with T2 (or least T3) while simply ignoring T1 (and T2) and leave them to their own device.

EU worlds don’t have severe glicko locks like NA tho… Just look at their current matchups. They have a T4 server (Vizunah & Friends) competing in T2 against a T1 server (Jade Sea + Arborstone). It’s like if Crystal Desert had rolled T2 and was fighting Jade Quarry.

Also as stated, EU world have the national servers, who only will get linked with national servers. So they need to make sure every national server have somewhat fair matches (principally for Baruch Bay who will never be linked to anyone).

Trying to balance EU world is much more of a mess than the NA world imo… NA just need a glicko reset and let the worlds flow.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Snip 8<
The issue is compounded in EU, due to the fact that we are avoiding linking worlds with different languages.
Snip 8<

Thank you for being transparent.

This suggestion is based on your comment about different languages:

Consider Implementing a Time Zone/Language Label Mechanic

Servers are Labeled after a Time Zone. This Time Zone mechanic is only a Label.

Allow Communities to Form around this Label.

Also, create a Language mechanic to help properly Label Communities that forms on each Server.

New Players before choosing a Server…are shown the Language preference distribution of its population…Primary & Secondary Languages of players for the Server.

Local & International Communities Form on Servers using these Labels.

Later Display the Time Zone & Language for each Server for players to see in the WvW player interface as Percentages in relation to the Server’s Total Population perhaps.

Just to re-emphasize…Time Zone & Languguage Mechanics are only Labels…They Do Not prevent players from doing anything in WvW…they’re only there to help guide players in finding the right World Server to call Home.

(edited by Diku.2546)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

If I were anet I would:
1. Set the goal limit to the t1 servers. They are not t1 for nothing. They have both manpower and skill.

*Raises one eyebrow and thinking of Deso
Yeah well, that was half a year ago..

2. Thus, leaving all t1 server unlinked.

With that I agree – the first 2 tiers don’t need a linking.

4. Asking the “german, french and spanish” servers if they want to be linked with an english one through a poll. You have been doing a lot of polls, why not asking if the players wanted it or not ? Pretty sure most of us understands english.

There’s a lot of older players on the German servers – they won’t understand too much and well German servers are a special topic. Try to speak German on a megaserver but take an umbrella as some kittenstorm will come.

5. Time zone. An international server has the advantage that their time zone is more spread out, so the night is more covered than one nation(correct word?). By linking one national with international servers you can get it even out better. You can try putting up serveral german servers together, but that doesn’t mean they got a stronger night raid, so the result with be a loss despite having the same manpower during the day.

You have no idea of EU.
See it’s 6 am in Germany and I’m awake, just like a lot of Germans who take their rangers out and do some Karma train.
Just because there’s international servers doesn’t mean we have any NA guilds.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

thanks for answering what you are trying to do, but have you considered even less matches (tiers) with more combined servers in an attempt to even things up? T4 NA was messed up for 8 weeks. YB got the shaft for 8 weeks. Early returns seem to indicate TC played well by dropping to 4th just before re-linking ensuring a link while JQ is odd man out.

Just a comment on this, I’m absolutely sick of servers/guild alliances exploiting the system and getting rewarded for it. Its happened with BG and TC and maybe DB are now trying to do it, either link all servers in T1 and T1 NA or don’t link any. Servers moving to full or very high may be automatic (although this is up for debate) but certainly links are being done on a case by case basis so it is within anets power to ensure servers aren’t absolutely screwed for 2 months.

AGREED …. The 1 issue I see is that there are 4 servers that could compete T1 and anet has not recognized that coming in 4th the week of re-link seems to work out best – this was DB link 2.

Even then, bad links wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t for 8 weeks… YB had it’s share of bad links (both times due to being overrated when the links were made), but T4 second go around was an even bigger joke and it was obvious from the start.

(edited by Liston.9708)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

Hello everyone,

EU worlds don’t have severe glicko locks like NA tho… Just look at their current matchups. They have a T4 server (Vizunah & Friends) competing in T2 against a T1 server (Jade Sea + Arborstone). It’s like if Crystal Desert had rolled T2 and was fighting Jade Quarry.

Also as stated, EU world have the national servers, who only will get linked with national servers. So they need to make sure every national server have somewhat fair matches (principally for Baruch Bay who will never be linked to anyone).

Trying to balance EU world is much more of a mess than the NA world imo… NA just need a glicko reset and let the worlds flow.

Well, their issue is because they tried to only put same native language server together. Let take a step back, why not just focus one thing, either language or balance, you can’t have both.

In NA, in off hours, there are servers filled with people that typed chinese, koreans, japanese, malay, thai, brazil and etc. It is a big problem? Do they have huge problem playing together with the western despite having language barrier?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Shoutout to my brothers and sister at the Hold getting severely punished in hell

Appreciated!

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Hello everyone,

Well it is all good that FSP are now able to fight the french servers. But what about the other servers that are fighting FSP? Gandara and Deso have no way of responding to the HUGE amount of players that FSP have at any part of the day and night. I mean wasn’t there suppose to be something done about night cap?
Look at night cap on tier 1. Join us on prime time and watch the mega blobs on every border for your self and i think you will understand.

Again as i stated before, i have no issues with fighting FSP. When we have players enough to take on one of their mega blobs (we are still less and always have been less on Gandara) we have good fights. But any other time outside of this we have no way of responding or defending.

So why would you make a super server just to be able to fight french servers? How about the other EU servers that been fighting on top for months now? We already watched Deso getting mega boosted for two linked periods and now you super link FSP leaving Gandara who always had less, and always struggled but yet manage, which will drop us down and yes the french will move up.
So does it not sound like you are running tier 1? Deciding who should be there and who should be the top dog? Imo it is not your place to do so, it really isn’t. It is the players that should determined if they want to fight their way up to tier 1 or fall down a bit, not Arena Net by linking.

(edited by Leaa.2943)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Napo.1230

Exactly this so much this ^
Regardless of how much fight the players put in to remain you seem desperate to manipulate it to your standards. Madness.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Anet is trying to teach everyone the meaning of life: that it is one big circle. No beginning no end and no point. Starting first with the hot map dragon stand, then Auric Basin and I realised after coming back from a break that silverwaste is now also one big kitten, it is clear that no point is the way to go. Actually if you looked at dbl, it seems like a circle in the middle too. That’s right. There’s no point to fighting.

gaem not made for mi
===========

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kaldo.7960

Kaldo.7960

So will FSP be matched against the frenchies for 2 months constantly or what is the point in that consideration you guys did at Anet?

Seriously, pls hire someone for your team who is a world vs world player and let him do some consulting to stop the aweful cluelessness the anet team, who is deciding this bs, is suffering from.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Our goal with World Linking is good matches.

Than you better start doing this. The situation now is simply unacceptable. Why if you have matches with servers with equal population you allow linking with some servers and with some you don´t (Kodasch for example) You are creating unfair MU nothing else.

People are fed up to get roflstomped MU after MU because of the ridiculous imbalances you created. So if you do even care a bit about WvW you better get your kitten together and fix this mess. People do not have to play GW2 you know, they simply do not log in anymore at some point.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well it is all good that FSP are now able to fight the french servers. But what about the other servers that are fighting FSP? Gandara and Deso have no way of responding to the HUGE amount of players that FSP have at any part of the day and night. I mean wasn’t there suppose to be something done about night cap?
Look at night cap on tier 1. Join us on prime time and watch the mega blobs on every border for your self and i think you will understand.

Yes, look at it. Look at the nightcapping. FSP is always lowest (or at best equal) score while Desolation dominated the weekend nights.

FSP may win this matchup easily but your argument on nightcapping is hilarious. Unless your definition of night happen to be the morning and day.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kaldo.7960

Kaldo.7960

Thing is, this game is called Guild Wars and no other gamemode represents the name better than WvW and still u treated it like a stepchild the last years, even denying there are players who are basically wvw players. Yes, ofc we all do PVE or PVP more or less, but why? PVP for better knowledge of classes and skillimprovement, PVE for getting geared.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

There’s a lot of older players on the German servers – they won’t understand too much and well German servers are a special topic. Try to speak German on a megaserver but take an umbrella as some kittenstorm will come.

Yes and no. German only players can still join up with their respective commanders. Pretty sure it will be organized that way, and for those who understands english they can join up anywhere. One of our commander is mixing a bit of english and people don’t mind at all.

You have no idea of EU.
See it’s 6 am in Germany and I’m awake, just like a lot of Germans who take their rangers out and do some Karma train.
Just because there’s international servers doesn’t mean we have any NA guilds.

You seem to have misunderstood me. I am not telling that you have a huge army at night, but more people in general. Having a single time zone have the huge disadvantage, that people go off after 1am. Then you pretty much have max. of 5 people in each map. It works different when you have a spread out time zone. While it may be 1 am here, doesn’t mean it’s 1am everywhere. For them it might be just 11pm, so they are most likely still playing 2hrs longer. Same with others: While we are at 3am, on other country it is 5 am, so they will wake up while we are still dreaming.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

I have been on a German server for half ya year – believe me on this. If they were ok with being on an international server they’d be there and a lot are, like me, for example.
Just see it from this point: You’re German/French/Spanish, bought this game, went onto a German Server and spoke German the whole time and it worked. It then switched to megaservers and everybody spoke their language while the English speaking community demanded everybody spoke English. We still have some shy people speaking another language here and there, try German and you’ll be called “kitten” right away. No need to force more PvE onto wvw.

There is no need to force a 24/7 coverage or to pretend that all Germans get up and go to bed at the same time. We usually don’t have blobs taking our stuff at any time while we are only 3 and the other way around. It happens but it’s still soemwhat rare. So: balance the game so that bigger isn’t always better, make siege useful again, change the scoring so that nightcapping isn’t that important anymore – and call it a day – wvw is driven by the community and all these merges and stuff are destroying that.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Ychiju.7960

Ychiju.7960

Thanks for the explanation, but I don’t get it. Vizunah, a rank 10 server which persistently fails to obtain any degree of fighting skill no matter what numbers they have, is currently so utterly overpowered and menacing that FSP needs two partners to be able to challenge them for the next eight weeks?
Giving FSP two partners will not lead to any “good matches”. Just leave Deso, FSP, Gandara and Piken alone.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I have angst that we end up in the same horrible situation as NA where three server are are so dominant that they almost never can fall down. I have been always quite happy that EU was different and the first 10 servers were very close.

Now we have for sure two dinos in EU: FSP and JS. VZ can maybe join the club of dinos.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

yumee.1405

Well, their issue is because they tried to only put same native language server together. Let take a step back, why not just focus one thing, either language or balance, you can’t have both.

In NA, in off hours, there are servers filled with people that typed chinese, koreans, japanese, malay, thai, brazil and etc. It is a big problem? Do they have huge problem playing together with the western despite having language barrier?

You’re right but things have been settle by languages for 4 whole years. I can’t talk for german but I can for french people .. do you know how much they are stubborn? How much they love drama? I don’t think so! Jade sea got some international guilds in the past and it tooks like at least 3 guilds before dramas stopped. French have been so awfull to international guild that every and each have left saying this servers is horrible. I guess they are right. Some people like getting mixed up but those on national servers are there cause they don’t wanna be mixed.
If national servers weren’t existing at starts, your solution would have been great but 4 years later .. it’s a bit late to wake up and say “maybe that wasn’t a good idea”.
+ each servers have a big organisation for themself. Linking once can pass but that’s actually a pretty huge mess since it’s changing every 2 months …. That’s retared … how can you organize?
And how much this mess will be if you mix languages organisation in the middle?
it’s ok to talk diferent languages .. but building up an organisation with diferent languages that will change every 2 months is just unrealistic

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

snip

Thank you that you gave an explanation. But:

So will FSP be matched against the frenchies for 2 months constantly or what is the point in that consideration you guys did at Anet?

And as others already mentioned: Linking (several) servers is not needed to fight the French servers. FSP did fine last week with Vabbi. And my own server (Piken Square) can fight those French servers without being linked to other servers. I think other EU servers are also capable of fighting the French without being linked together.

So as I do like it that you gave us some information I don’t like the reasoning behind the link. I would rather see you link EU servers in a way that we have 6 or 9 server pairings that can fight each other. That could create an unpleasant situation for German servers but creating one giant English speaking server pairing to fight of the French is not a solution. That doesn’t benefit the German servers (and our Spanish speaking server), it doesn’t benefit FSP and their linked servers, it doesn’t benefit the French servers and it doesn’t benefit the other English speaking servers.

Reading back what I wrote above I see I am talking a lot about “fighting of the French”. That can give the opinion that I hate the French (servers). I don’t. It is something I want to avoid. But your argument does the opposite in my opinion. So a very bad decision if you ask me.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

#PoorDeso.

If ya think you are outnumbered in tier1, come down to my tier to actually see what it means to be outnumbered…..

I don’t need to transfer anywhere, to get that experience. This morning our entire home border was painted red color by FSP and their 2 linked servers.

I saw 1 other Desolation player on home bl besides me. So we had a total 2 players and of course the outnumbered “buff” was on. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to play for more than 15 minutes for family reasons, otherwise I would have tagged up and went to flip the map back. I am not afraid to die and my main character has died ~2800 of times. I am not the one who rage quits if it is 2 vs 10 or 10 vs 40. And I will continue the play what my limited time frame allows me. In fact I am playing right now and we once again have just few players on home bl and that highly useful outnumbered “buff” is on us. See, some of us keep playing, no matter what are the odds. The core Desolation doesn’t give up.

Anyways the server pairing doesn’t make any sense. I am sure Gunnar’s Hold + Vabbi would have needed more help than FSP or Gandara. I am also sure that the queues are larger on those other two tier 1 servers than on GH or Vabbi.

Arenanet can and should measure the queues. If some server pairings constantly pop long queues and some others don’t, then maybe it is time for them to rethink their server pairing strategy.

Can some GH or Vabbi player confirm. Do you have queues? And if, when and how long?

So ehm if you are always that outnumbered as you claim how the hell can you remain being in tier1 for like forever? Me and many others trying to figure that trick out since we cannot do the same.

Reading a post from a tier1 player saying outnumbered is like an insult to me.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Reading a post from a tier1 player saying outnumbered is like an insult to me.

Ikr? Thee people don’t know what is to be in the bottom of the barrel for months, maybe years. So they cry outloud when they have 1 week of outnumbered buff for a few hours.

Pu-lease…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Wow. Take a look at the bottom tier of NA. That’s some awesome pairing there. Jesus wept.

Full disclosure…I’m on HoD…fights are good.

But this is nuts. I have seen groups at the 25+ size. Smallest I fought against just last night in the HoD BL was a YB group of 15. and I think there were 5-7 of us trying to save a camp.

I have yet to see a group with members with an FC description…everything I saw…and there may have been some FC in these big groups that I missed…looked to be YB.

This is not balanced. Its way off. Even with our 3 server pairing…its way off. I have to say to ANET…this isn’t working. if something like this can come out of the matchups, the system, even if it is a new matchup and “Glicko” needs time to balance it, is broken…and by the time it evens out, it will be time to re-pair the servers and start all over again.

I guess its time to go focus on knocking out those PvE achievements. This stops being fun when it gets to this point. I don’t expect to win all the time…but I know when we are matched with even numbers, we win some and lose some…but this…is like rushing head first into a brick wall.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

(edited by Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I was hoping all this world linking would come to an end. All the server transfers going on have been devastating — at least to my server. I’m sure the steady stream of cash from world transfers is top priority for Anet though.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Napo.1230

I’m really trying to play and enjoy it, my only draw to this game is wvw but for some reason they are hell bent on destroying it. All the new content with HoT the specialisations the raids and yet wvw we are still having the same issues only now it seems they have lost the last bits of common sense.
Surely gems can not be the reason behind this because no one is that short sighted to see that destroying a game mode means no gems at all.

(edited by Napo.1230)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

But this is nuts. I have seen groups at the 25+ size. Smallest I fought against just last night in the HoD BL was a YB group of 15. and I think there were 5-7 of us trying to save a camp.

I have yet to see a group with members with an FC description…everything I saw…and there may have been some FC in these big groups that I missed…looked to be YB.

This is not balanced. Its way off. Even with our 3 server pairing…its way off. I have to say to ANET…this isn’t working. if something like this can come out of the matchups, the system, even if it is a new matchup and “Glicko” needs time to balance it, is broken…and by the time it evens out, it will be time to re-pair the servers and start all over again.

I guess its time to go focus on knocking out those PvE achievements. This stops being fun when it gets to this point.

FC, and all other guests in the current T4 match, are too small to be noticeable if you ask me.

While I still was on NSP+DH+DR pairing, I would only see NSP guild groups and the ocasional Dh PvX tag aside from my own guild. I’ve seen ONE person from a DR guild (GIT) and that’s it.

While the same can be said about the HoD pairings (The majority of the guild tags I see are HoD) I still see some EBAY diehards (along with my ICEE friends) and the ocasional FoC tag from ET.

Most FC people that are left seen to be the roamers. So you’ll hardly see a large group composed mostly of FC. Maki and HipT seen to stick on DBL while Main and SNKY seen to avoid it.

So yes, YB is stomping this tier by themselves. It’s nothing new tho… YB is Very High while all other server and their guests are Medium. It is obvious that there is a population disparity. But I belive CD+, who also is composed of Medium servers except for CD itself, can make this match a bit more balanced. Problem is: CD is fairing well in T3. So you better hope that T3 population isn’t much higher than T4 or it will repeat the last link fiasco all over again.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I guess its time to go focus on knocking out those PvE achievements. This stops being fun when it gets to this point.

FC, and all other guests in the current T4 match, are too small to be noticeable if you ask me.

While I still was on NSP+DH+DR pairing, I would only see NSP guild groups and the ocasional Dh PvX tag aside from my own guild. I’ve seen ONE person from a DR guild (GIT) and that’s it.

While the same can be said about the HoD pairings (The majority of the guild tags I see are HoD) I still see some EBAY diehards (along with my ICEE friends) and the ocasional FoC tag from ET.

Most FC people that are left seen to be the roamers. So you’ll hardly see a large group composed mostly of FC. Maki and HipT seen to stick on DBL while Main and SNKY seen to avoid it.

So yes, YB is stomping this tier by themselves. It’s nothing new tho… YB is Very High while all other server and their guests are Medium. It is obvious that there is a population disparity. But I belive CD+, who also is composed of Medium servers except for CD itself, can make this match a bit more balanced. Problem is: CD is fairing well in T3. So you better hope that T3 population isn’t much higher than T4 or it will repeat the last link fiasco all over again.

What do you mean “while I was on NSP+DH+DR”? Don’t tell me you moved to the blobosaurus rex of “I will use 15 sup treb from 10k distance along a map queue on a paper tower YB”!

:(

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

What do you mean “while I was on NSP+DH+DR”? Don’t tell me you moved to the blobosaurus rex of “I will use 15 sup treb from 10k distance along a map queue on a paper tower YB”!

:(

I went to FC to reunite with my friends in SNKY. While I still don’t like the idea of having Yak’s Bend stamped on top of my head, I would just have quit the game if I remained on Dh much longer with most of my guild gone for sure (we only need to wait CD to drop to make it crystal clear that it will be another 2 months of roflstomping). Most people I know (principally on the can… errrm… Matchup forums) are surprised I endured that long tbh…

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Hello everyone,

How about NA? Are you SEEING what’s happening at the bottom. These are terrible linkups. Just horrible.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

How about NA? Are you SEEING what’s happening at the bottom. These are terrible linkups. Just horrible.

The Linkups are tolerable. HoD has been linked with EBay before, they’re good folks. I look forward to meeting players from ET.

Its the matches that are so lopsided they are almost laughable.

I do because I can
I can because I want to

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

The Linkups are tolerable. HoD has been linked with EBay before, they’re good folks. I look forward to meeting players from ET.

Its the matches that are so lopsided they are almost laughable.

Sorry. You are right. I meant matchups. The links are fine.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Liston.9708

remember a T3 rolled the T4 match this week

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Hello everyone,

I know a lot of EU players are asking why Far Shiverpeaks is linked with Whiteside Ridge and Fissure of Woe so I figured I would clear up why this link was made…………

@McKenna, thanks for the explanation, but seen as your looking for balance would it not be a lot better to unlink T1 servers EU ( and perhaps lock transfers for a while) and start triple linking T5 servers EU? not saying that you will put them on par with current T1 EU but certainly make them more vibrant and populated MU’s to play in.
Also in fairness I cant recall a “recent” time when any T1 EU server has had a problem with any french combination, they avoid fights, so you poke at their structures and pull em out to play, win fights, make em rage quit, paint map.

P.S im an FSP player, we aint happy either, we think of ourselves as a strong fighting server, who now lacks quality, not directly from linked servers but from those that are jumping on board to be #1, please focus all your future linking in lower tiers (who need populating) not T1, french aint a problem, providing you dont start quadruple linking them too.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

remember a T3 rolled the T4 match this week

Yes…but HoD had been in Tier 3 with SBI…and I don’t remember seeing numbers like we are seeing now from YB. We saw big groups…but not with the kind of consistency I have seen over the last few days.

I’m not sure if its been bandwagon’d or what…but it just doesn’t come out in the wash.

I give YB credit for having a large active WvW pop, which HoD/EBAY/ET obviously do not, at leats not in the BLs…<shrug>…who knows…I won’t speak for NSP/DH/DR…but this is why the pairings and matchups still do not work.

If there’s even a chance this coudl re-roll for the same matchup next week…something is still obviously and dreadfully wrong. lol

I do because I can
I can because I want to

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

link pairs servers with close population but match is setted up for big vs small vs smallest.

this is what i have seen even when i ending in a green pair, other servers(blue and red) tend to have lesser players.

And i would bet that map cap isnt the same across green/blue/red.

Issue lies on the core of the gamemode itself.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)