World Linking 8/26/2016

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

So Moderators closed this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/EU-Server-merging-is-a-disaster

The thread was not about a particular matchup but to visualize server linking problems matchups were used as examples.

Honestly Arenanet, are you so scared to talk about the issue ? Do you think that closing threads solves problems ?

They prefer the Clark Gable way “Frankly my dear, i don’t give a kitten .”

Dawdler i give up, if you can’t see the difference between getting pushed to No. 1 and earning No. 1 it makes no sence discussing this topic with you.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

The whole matchup Kodash vs Baruch vs Far Shiverpeaks & Whiteside Ridge & Fissure of Woe in a one picture.

Needless to say: I´m out of this.

Im FSP and I totally agree, its ridiculous linking us with 2 other servers. But I will say I dont think we have nowhere near the population we had the week this linking took place, not sure if its the times i play but im no longer seeing queues at all.

In fairness if the needed to tripple link a server to handle the french then Anet should of done some home work, and picked another server as their lab rat, because we all know FSP is useless at PPT, and that is the very reason why even with insane populations we can never hold #1 spot EU (Just visiting). Hell we even raced from rank 8-9 to Rank 2 prior to linking, that alone (climbing ranks) should of told Anet that we didnt need it.

That being said, the only thing we will ever beat the french at (with or without linking) is fighting, most servers will out PPT us without a doubt, yet few will stand on par for fighting, and since PPT is providing a bigger portion of the out come we wont beat the french in that respect.

Anet already said they needed us as a counter to the french, and i can see that what they were predicting for top 3 was a FSP – Piken – Jade Sea MU. But im pretty sure we can all already predict the out come of a Match up between FSP – Piken – Jade Sea.

FSP since linking have lost a lot of players due to the obscene queues we initially started with most of waggoned to Piken’s Linked server, FSP is probably (now) marginally on par with these double linked servers in the MU. However, since FSP and Piken are blood thirsty for the fights with each other, they will spend a lot of the time in open field battles. Regardless of their numbers Jade Sea will use this to their advantage and not be seen all week, just PPT all week out of sight out of mind. They know there s a good chance FSP isnt gonna leave a good brawl with Piken to save a keep/Garri/SM, and because of this, FSP’s structures will be their primary targets. Since all FSP players will be on tag, since thats what they do best, it will leave most BL’s undefended outside of prime time. Piken has a lot of Havoc groups that FSP doesnt have, who will be more than happy to back cap behind Jade Sea, giving them good valuable points too. Regardless how they look in their current MU against Piken, in this version JS will win, Piken 2nd and FSP 3rd. So I truly believe this will be the outcome of such a MU, and if so the counter against the french will fail, because you have 2 fight servers (who will be more interested in each other) against a French door beating PPT machine, who will quite happily avoid combat all week, which i can see their point, in open field vs either of the 2 other servers they wouldn’t stand a chance.

Now don’t get me wrong I don’t mind coming 3rd, I only got 1 thing on my mind (fighting). Yeh ok, it’s nice to win some MU’s but it’s not an issue if we lose, sometimes i go week’s without even checking scores and not know if we won or not. My point is, (not speaking for everyone), a lot of my server think like this, and if you wanted someone to compete/play PPT games with the French, FSP was probably the wrong choice, and playing EU regular, getting a feel with how different communities/servers play the game, or just doing some homework in general would of picked this up in a heart beat. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out FSP should never be in your list of choices as a server to play PPT for you. What you have essentially done is give Mike Tyson a 3rd arm and 3 knuckle dusters and said, “right then Mike ive given you the tools to do it, im gonna need you to play in this Chess tournament and win”.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kaldo.7960

Kaldo.7960

12:24 PM

FSP is Spawncamping again in order to deny us to retake our garisson

Surprise

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Nundar.9701

Nundar.9701

call for police m9

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

So Moderators closed this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/EU-Server-merging-is-a-disaster

The thread was not about a particular matchup but to visualize server linking problems matchups were used as examples.

Honestly Arenanet, are you so scared to talk about the issue ? Do you think that closing threads solves problems ?

they’ve been deleting some other threads that was harshly criticizing the merges, and also another one that linked to another poll about DBL. It was left up until removing DBL was winning again then the post was removed.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

12:24 PM

FSP is Spawncamping again in order to deny us to retake our garisson

Surprise

How exactly do you spawncamp the citadel?

I mean dont get me wrong, the possibility that FSP had the ~400 men on the border required for such a complete siege is very strong indeed but somehow I still question it.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Glouryian.3765

Glouryian.3765

Its impossible to do anything, without about ten FSP showing up and hunting you down. They are just upgrading our keep again and we cant even flip the camp or kill the dollys, cause we are outnumbered af.

But well, FSP has always been one of the most unpleasant servers to fight against. Constantly flaming, spawncamping and such. Hopefully we do not see you guys again anytime soon.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Its impossible to do anything, without about ten FSP showing up and hunting you down.

Are you like the only one on the borderland or something? Do you expect to be able to take back stuff at any time and no matter how many you have on your side? If they got ten holding you back at your spawn, which is wide open, multiple exits, you ain’t got enough to take your keep anyways.

You’re in a bad matchup this week, the 7th and 8th ranked servers fighting the 1st ranked server in t2, bad roll, suck it up and try and find your fun elsewhere till friday. Everyone has gone through matches like these.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Kaldo.7960

Kaldo.7960

I mean dont get me wrong, the possibility that FSP had the ~400 men on the border required for such a complete siege is very strong indeed but somehow I still question it.

Talking about EB

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Talking about EB

There is no garrison on EB though. And the war is won on borders, dont need anything on EB.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Can we now stop calling people who are being blobbed to death stupid and nitpick about what is keep and what is garrison?
I really wanted to go to FSP if I ever left my server but decided against it because (some reason and) I don’t imagine this MU to be fun for neither FSP nor their opponents.

I’m currently on Gandarra and we’re so farming viz – they will still win this MU because of PPT, but you don’t have to be afraid of blobs, only if they exceed 1,5 times your numbers it might become difficult. Now, if you turn this and have a good server being a monsterblob then you don’t stand a chance, and I guess FSP is such a case. No need to tell those who rightfully complain about it they’re wrong and need to learn to play and they don’t need to be on map x or y anyway.

Hey, all that counts in wvw is numbers, right?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Can we now stop calling people who are being blobbed to death stupid and nitpick about what is keep and what is garrison?

Thats not nitpicking, its stating facts. But hey if they stop blaiming double links for something that happened with single links and no links, instead acknowledging the fact that a rank 1 vs 8 vs 9 matchup is what is kittened up, I’m all for stopping to reply in this thread.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Thats not nitpicking, its stating facts. But hey if they stop blaiming double links for something that happened with single links and no links, instead acknowledging the fact that a rank 1 vs 8 vs 9 matchup is what is kittened up, I’m all for stopping to reply in this thread.

Sorry, you might believe it’s facts, but it isn’t. Both BB and Kodash have been on first place not that long ago, I know that BB got most of their PPT during nightcapping but I guess Kodash isn’t as bad as you make them out to be. Now if you look: Highest K/D ratio (of all servers) has FSP. I believe you guys are good but you’re blobbing that hard that your enemies stand absolutely no chance – and it would be great if you’d acknowledge this and not ridicule others for complaining – because what will happen if this isn’t resolved quickly is that another bunch of players will leave the game for good – and then?

Edit because of bad English

(edited by Jana.6831)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Both BB and Kodash have been on first place not that long ago

Doesnt matter where they have been. Servers rise and fall, been like this since release. They are rank 8 and 9 fighting rank 1 in a matchup that never should have happened. This is fact.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Both BB and Kodash have been on first place not that long ago

Doesnt matter where they have been. Servers rise and fall, been like this since release. They are rank 8 and 9 fighting rank 1 in a matchup that never should have happened. This is fact.

Yeah, servers rise and fall, others just fall, get linked to other servers (for no reason) and are now No. 1. :P

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Yeah of course, doesn’t even matter that you’ve been 9th yourselves not that long ago – the 2 servers you’re linked with and the bandwagoners are nonexistent, the ~2/3 of all maps you currently hold and hold 24/7 are not because of bigger numbers, it’s all because you outskill everybody.

I have been around when skill still mattered and I do know that it still has some value but by far not as much as it had 3 years ago and even 1 year ago. What matters most thanks to the brainless meta and stab changes are numbers.
You can carry on lying to yourself though – I guess I said everything I have to say on this matter.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Haha good teams this week. Rank 1 server + two other servers vs rank 7 and rank 8 servers. Anet have probably hired some troll who just try to kitten everybody off.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Haha good teams this week. Rank 1 server + two other servers vs rank 7 and rank 8 servers. Anet have probably hired some troll who just try to kitten everybody off.

Well its working for them, isnt it lol?

Same matchup as last week. Both Baruch and Kodash gained a rank (8->7, 9->8) while it will probably make FSP loose the 1 spot no matter how much we dominate.

Unfortunetly FSP lost the matchup that would have been interesting. Oh well. It was fun the 1 minute it lasted.

Attachments:

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

My bet is on Piken – and I’d really love to know what’s going on in anets headquarters when seeing this “It’s impossible, they’ve got bigger numbers than them, why are they losing???”

Maybe Piken + Blacktide will even be double teamed which would be interesting: 2 vs 5.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: bigFM.8642

bigFM.8642

So what is the point of the linkings, if the desired matchups never happen? FSP is “fighting” Baruch and Kodash twice in a row. My server Gandara had the most boring reset ever against SFR and Elona, so people logged off in masses after 1 hour. And i can’t imagine Piken having lots of fun against the French.

These last three weeks i had to watch a couple of good friends uninstall the game, cause they just can’t deal with this amount of bullkitten anymore.

Makes me totally sad what this game has come to…

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

The point of the linking is that we’re all labrats and anet finally sees that numbers aren’t everything in wvw and also that the Glicko system is out of date, because Deso is currently holding 128 PPT but they will still rank down 4 ranks because that’s out of their influence. On the other hand Riverside who will likely come in last, but will rank up 4 ranks.

But hey, when looking at the current EU numbers: It looks as if 3 servers have already given up for the week. That’s one tier, we can soon delete another one.

Honestly; anet this linking is destroying EU faster than anything else ever could.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

The linking and the matchmaking system are two different things. The linkings are mostly good although they could be better in EU if there are linkings with different languages, the matchmaking system still does generate blowout-matchups.
The victory-system is unlikely to change that, because the endresult in victory points doesn’t show strength of the servers as well as points did, but reducing the randomness in matchmaking (that right now makes server dropping and rising to tiers they don’t belong in and thus generating blowout matches) could help.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Anet already said they needed us as a counter to the french, and i can see that what they were predicting for top 3 was a FSP – Piken – Jade Sea MU. But im pretty sure we can all already predict the out come of a Match up between FSP – Piken – Jade Sea.

Yep not a bad idea from Anet, but why for god´s sake don´t they let you fight the french then ? I don´t know if that´s bad programming, an i don´t give a kitten attitude or some trolling because they basically kitten on national servers anyway.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

You’re in a bad matchup this week, the 7th and 8th ranked servers fighting the 1st ranked server in t2, bad roll, suck it up and try and find your fun elsewhere till friday. Everyone has gone through matches like these.

For us it´s the 3´rd week in a row we get such kittened matchups mate, first against vizunah, and then 2 times fsp. You don´t suck that up then, people have every right to complain

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Implementor.1765

Implementor.1765

Atleast SFR have permant boosts

The enemies greatly outnumber your forces, be careful out there!
+50% Participation
+20% Magic Find
+25% World Experience
Take no armor damage on death

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

The linkings are mostly good.

I disagree: Just look at millenium, the only MU that looks halfway balanced is 4th tier – 2 servers without links against a lower ranked server with a very small server (MS). In every other MU you can already see who will be the winner and imagine what the fights look like.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

The linkings are mostly good.

I disagree: Just look at millenium, the only MU that looks halfway balanced is 4th tier – 2 servers without links against a lower ranked server with a very small server (MS). In every other MU you can already see who will be the winner and imagine what the fights look like.

Your argument does not agree with your disagreement. Again (and as you know), it’s the matchups that are kittened. We still havent settled in the rankings and volatility seem off the charts. It will take at least another month… Just about the time when Anet take the giant sallad forks and shuffle us around again so that we can repeat this debacle with other servers. In theory links work just fine. In practice, Anet obviously cant do proper matchups and players themselves kitten over links even worse by bandwagoning.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Your argument does not agree with your disagreement.

For you, because you think ranks still matter but they shouldn’t if the linkings were good as every server should have the same strength – we now have the situation like it was before the linking. The MUs are still being made by the glicko system, if we now also have to have this manually done then we can just delete wvw altogether as it would be the same opponents against each other for eternity. And one of the good things on EU was that we had different enemy servers nearly every week, before they started to delete tiers.

ETA: Oh and btw: Tier 4 MU is rank 9, 6 and 14 against each other. Shouldn’t be even close according to your theory.

(edited by Jana.6831)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: TroLLu.7364

TroLLu.7364

And that Tier 4 matchups wont happen if the victory points bug didn’t exist. It’s 200k glicko difference between deso and drakkar.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

And that Tier 4 matchups wont happen if the victory points bug didn’t exist. It’s 200k glicko difference between deso and drakkar.

Since I kind of gave up for a moment when they deleted tier 6: What exactly is bugged, isn’t that supposed to be? Servers with similar warpoints are paired?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Piken+Blacktide vs 5 French servers. And beating them :/

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

We really need to adopt several devs ;)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Piken+Blacktide vs 5 French servers. And beating them :/

lol I love Piken.

I really do.

No server out there with the type of the folks on there. Even when we’re getting our butts handed to us.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Svarty.8019

No server out there with the type of the folks on there.

That’s only because they all moved there because their own server died.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Naw, I’m talking about the core. Good people.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Pretty sure FSP with one linked server would win a MU or most fights outside of siege range; with those french servers, they don’t seem to have the population to compete against Piken+bt, then again part of SFR is on Piken now.

You won’t get another Vizunah anytime soon.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Ya Anet kittened this all up!

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Pretty sure FSP with one linked server would win a MU with those french servers, they don’t seem to have the population to compete against Piken+bt, then again part of SFR is on Piken now.

I was just with a level 60 in wvw. My gear is level 50, I have half the traits as I traited for pve and not wvw. We were 20 vs 40 with me as the perfect rally bot. Our commander ragequit mid fight. Did we win? Yes (I didn’t die). It’s not always quantity although it helps and that’s something anet obviously didn’t know when doing the current linking, although I don’t get why they took away the linkings of those who have been linked in the past or gave them the weakest links (former last 6 servers) and the newly dissolved servers (RoF, Dza and AR) to servers who could make it on their own before – these links are not just to counter the french megablob servers.
Would be really great if we could at least for EU have at least 6, better 7 tiers again, permanently link the smaller servers with each other, balance combat with focus on “skill matters” and then leave the servers alone.
Haven’t really figured out the new system yet (medals), so no idea if that might become a problem in the future or if it’s better than the glicko based MUs.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

For us it´s the 3´rd week in a row we get such kittened matchups mate, first against vizunah, and then 2 times fsp. You don´t suck that up then, people have every right to complain

And there are servers who have had to suffer longer. The problem isn’t FSP which is what the majority of the complaining seems to be, it’s the glicko variance that allowed you all to roll into bad matchup 3 weeks in a row. Unless you wanna ask anet to manually move FSP to the t1 match, seems that could be a thing these days.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

And there are servers who have had to suffer longer. The problem isn’t FSP which is what the majority of the complaining seems to be, it’s the glicko variance that allowed you all to roll into bad matchup 3 weeks in a row. Unless you wanna ask anet to manually move FSP to the t1 match, seems that could be a thing these days.

Then why are servers even linked? Shouldn’t it be that the linkings balance populations thus Glicko wouldn’t matter that much anymore as all servers would have a good chance against each other?
What anet did with the current linking was reverting back to what we had before the linkings.
But you’re right, the problem isn’t FSP, the problem is anet
And if we have that vastly different populations again, then we could go back to having 9 tiers as well.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Then why are servers even linked? Shouldn’t it be that the linkings balance populations thus Glicko wouldn’t matter that much anymore as all servers would have a good chance against each other?
What anet did with the current linking was reverting back to what we had before the linkings.
But you’re right, the problem isn’t FSP, the problem is anet
And if we have that vastly different populations again, then we could go back to having 9 tiers as well.

Would be nice that servers are balanced to have a good chance against each other (out of tiers), but that’s not the current method they are using. For NA they balance servers according to the tier they are in, in other words tier 4 servers might be balanced to have populations around 500 players, in tier 3 population are balanced around 800 players, etc. So if a server jumps into a tier it doesn’t belong in they will get do really well if they went down, or get clubbered if they went up.

EU I would guess they balance according to language first then populations while trying to maintain their tier rankings. I think the increase in variance has really screwed with the match making in EU though. I’m not sure why the tier one servers are receiving links unlike the NA counterparts which have had their links removed since the first set. But you EU players would know about this than me as I only casual glance the EU stuff.

In any case it isn’t FSP’s fault or problem, the linking methodology needs to be look at. As I mentioned in a post somewhere, they need to stabilize what they want to accomplish with links, just to keep servers in tiers as before?, or try and eventually even out all populations that everyone has a good shot to be competitive with each other?. Like for NA, would folding t4 into t3 servers give them enough players to be competitive with t2 or even t1 these days?

Some players won’t like that which is obvious by the complaints in here, but you can’t have it both ways, ask for lower pop server and then complain when you get matched with a higher pop one, still a big separating in population by tiers.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Would be nice that servers are balanced to have a good chance against each other (out of tiers), but that’s not the current method they are using. For NA they balance servers according to the tier they are in, in other words tier 4 servers might be balanced to have populations around 500 players, in tier 3 population are balanced around 800 players, etc. So if a server jumps into a tier it doesn’t belong in they will get do really well if they went down, or get clubbered if they went up.

Did they officially say so somewhere? Just because that makes no sense, but maybe it makes sense in their minds, I don’t know – but facing the same opponents over and over is usually beyond boring.

EU I would guess they balance according to language first then populations while trying to maintain their tier rankings. I think the increase in variance has really screwed with the match making in EU though. I’m not sure why the tier one servers are receiving links unlike the NA counterparts which have had their links removed since the first set. But you EU players would know about this than me as I only casual glance the EU stuff.

Because EU never had locked tiers, so no idea what metrics they use to balance links but they obviously forgot that tiers aren’t locked and that skill and community still is a factor.

Like for NA, would folding t4 into t3 servers give them enough players to be competitive with t2 or even t1 these days?1

Some players won’t like that which is obvious by the complaints in here, but you can’t have it both ways, ask for lower pop server and then complain when you get matched with a higher pop one, still a big separating in population by tiers.

I have no idea about NA nowadays – I know it’s easier and harder to balance NA. Easier because all servers are “English”, harder because they have more time zones because players from all around the world are usually on NA servers.
And I think the complaints are like usual: some people complain about too few people, others complain about too many, it’s no the same persons who complain about both.

I think EU was pretty fine before, even before the links even started, and now it’s a mess and that should’ve been obvious, so I have no idea why anet did it.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Did they officially say so somewhere? Just because that makes no sense, but maybe it makes sense in their minds, I don’t know – but facing the same opponents over and over is usually beyond boring.

This very thread, page 4.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-8-26-2016/page/4#post6308545

Hello everyone,
I know a lot of EU players are asking why Far Shiverpeaks is linked with Whiteside Ridge and Fissure of Woe so I figured I would clear up why this link was made.

Our goal with World Linking is good matches. This doesn’t necessarily mean that worlds in tier 4 are intended to be competitive with worlds in tier 1, but ideally every world in tier 4 should be competitive with the other worlds in tier 4 and likewise every world in tier 1 should be competitive with the other worlds in tier 1. It would be nice if worlds in tier 4 were competitive with tier 1, but it’s not realistic since the distribution of players across worlds is not consistent.

The issue is compounded in EU, due to the fact that we are avoiding linking worlds with different languages. For example, there is only one Spanish world, so they’ll never be linked and thus might never be competitive in tier 1 worlds. Similarly making each set of German worlds have equivalent populations has proved equally impossible because if we were to link them they would have a much higher population than other worlds, making match-ups against them not competitive.

Far Shiverpeaks was linked with two worlds because we needed a third world that would have similar population to the French worlds, specifically Jade Sea and Vizunah Square so that the matchup could be competitive. Far Shiverpeaks, Whiteside, Ridge, and Fissure of Woe linked together gave us the best population to create competitive match-ups for that tier.

It is also important to keep in mind that this is the very first week of match-ups and it will take time before glicko adjusts worlds into their correct tiers.

The numbers I threw out were just example numbers to show the difference of the balancing they were attempting. So of course when you face an opponent that doesn’t belong to your tier it will be a blow out, but glicko variance is there to try and throw in some randomness to the matchups.

People complain either way, oh we’re in a blowout not playing this week, oh it’s this match again for the 4th time not playing this week. Can’t have it both ways because of the population differences between tiers. Otherwise just have to ride it out until the rolls go your way, or I guess a request goes through to move servers out of your way.

My other suggestion before was to make t1 and t2 closer and t3 and t4 closer in population, place the wall between t2 and t3, so that proper rotation can happen to those 6 servers in them.

But whatever, at this point I don’t know why I’m still posting on here lol.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

I really should’ve read that post – I skipped it because I was and am mad that they deleted a tier on EU. But he speaks of EU, not NA – so your example is the exact opposite – on NA it should be balanced, on EU we are supposed to have the very same MU every week.

Ok, then @anet:
I have been on NA before tiers were locked entirely but we faced CD and YB for about 6 weeks in a row back then. That was beyond boring. All we wanted was some new opponents.

I left for EU and was pretty amazed that even the lower tiers could produce blobs at prime. They could until shortly after the launch of HoT which made a lot of people quit.
That was when everything started to die (although we had problems before and no, DBL wasn’t the only/real reason why wvw suffered).

What you now did is what the players on NA did the past few years and you just linked the servers on NA to balance population and at the same time create the very same scenario that destroyed NA on EU.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

I really should’ve read that post – I skipped it because I was and am mad that they deleted a tier on EU. But he speaks of EU, not NA – so your example is the exact opposite – on NA it should be balanced, on EU we are supposed to have the very same MU every week.

How exactly is it the opposite? they’re linking according to the tier in EU and NA, you asked me where they said it, it’s right there.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

He only speaks of EU, not NA – you used NA as an example and he said nowhere that the same rules of EU apply for NA.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

There’s 3 things that have to be taken into account when hampering with servers: Skill, population size, offhour capping.
ETA: 4 things actually: Human nature on top of that: You frustrate players, they give up. Easy matchups: fairweathers come out.

T1 of NA was pretty much the same for the past nearly 3 years. It changed every other week on EU – so it’s very hard to tell which server is tier one, tier two and so on. Anet just decided who is who and buffed those they redeem tier one to lock T1 and every other tier.

It was fun before, now we’re being cemented into some MUs we can’t get out of. Why then even have glicko and all this stuff if we’re not supposed to rank up and play against others because anet decided that we’re not good enough anyway and don’t deserve a chance of a fair fight.
“Oh guys, lets quit for the week, we have one t2 and one t3 server – we don’t stand a chance”. GG!

Maybe the skirmish thing is supposed to work or supposed to work differently, but so far I have no idea what “win but only by a bit” is supposed to mean and how all of this should work out.

(edited by Jana.6831)

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

He only speaks of EU, not NA – you used NA as an example and he said nowhere that the same rules of EU apply for NA.

Oh right ok, so they don’t balance according to tier for NA………. so why are lower tier servers getting demolished by higher tier servers in their matchups?

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Jana.6831

Oh right ok, so they don’t balance according to tier for NA………. so why are lower tier servers getting demolished by higher tier servers in their matchups?

I already said that I have no idea of NA it’s been more than 2 years that I left NA. Maybe it wasn’t their intend, maybe they have troubles to balance but he said nowhere that their general intend is not to balance anything at all, he just spoke of EU. sorry.

World Linking 8/26/2016

in WvW

Svarty.8019

Naw, I’m talking about the core.

So am I.