World Population Changes Are Coming

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

I hope algorithm is going to change things over the coming weeks. In the T9 I am in all the servers are medium yet we have a massive imbalance of player numbers. The population tiers feel to wide. Does it mean all medium servers will play each other at some point? The matchups are sooo stale atm

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

I hope algorithm is going to change things over the coming weeks. In the T9 I am in all the servers are medium yet we have a massive imbalance of player numbers. The population tiers feel to wide. Does it mean all medium servers will play each other at some point? The matchups are sooo stale atm

I want to know how their algorithm works right now. Riverside is declared as full but they don’t stand a chance against other servers because they have like 70% fair weather WvWers.

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Anyone know of a way to check the server pops via the toobs? or do we have to log into the game to see how the servers are ranked now?

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

By far the most damaging thing ever to WvW was the lenghty free transfers that completely clumped all the wvw players into a very small pool of servers.

your post is 100% legit, sir

And RIP.

Our guild has around 15/20-30 people onto Black Gate. It’s slowly been opening up as people have been transferring off (the new YB bandwagon). Over time we’ve been getting people in by camping the transfer screen for a few hours. Understand these people are slowly coming back to the game after not playing at release and want to just come check out the game with their friends. However now it seems that’s pretty much never gonna work anymore because BlackGate is active enough in WvW that it’ll never open up. This leaves majority of us on the server with few people off who can never participate. Before there was at least hope they’d get in, now it sounds like it’s basically non-existent. Asking us to transfer 15 people off to play with 5 others is ridiculous.

Dislike this decision immensely.

so you and your guilds will need to transfer the hell out and it’s good.

some will suffer of that but it’s not more then 10%, WvW overall got only benefits of that.

#healthywvw2015

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Samuel Loretan.8601

Previous

Samuel Loretan.8601

Population levels aren’t used to determine matchups – ratings are. Some randomization on the ratings is happening to introduce some variance in the matchups, but if there is a rather large gap in the ratings, that randomization might not be enough to create diverse matchups.

The goal of this change is to make the population spread out better, which will in turn make the ratings get closer, which will result in both more interesting matchups, and more variability as well. This will take some time to happen.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Anyone know of a way to check the server pops via the toobs? or do we have to log into the game to see how the servers are ranked now?

Here you go~

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Except the ratings are determined by coverage, not overall population, and if you make all the tier 1-2 servers full then people can’t move around to balance.

Tier 2 probably has a similar number of active players as tier 1, but in tier 1 the players are spread out over multiple timezones where in tier 2 they are concentrated mostly in NA.

What if I’m a SEA, EU, or OCX player or guild that wants to move around to balance out tier 1-2? Guess my options are stay on a server where my time zone is already stacked, or move down to a tier 3 or below server and fight doors?

(edited by Blix.8021)

in WvW

Posted by: x indigo x.6981

x indigo x.6981

Population levels aren’t used to determine matchups – ratings are. Some randomization on the ratings is happening to introduce some variance in the matchups, but if there is a rather large gap in the ratings, that randomization might not be enough to create diverse matchups.

The goal of this change is to make the population spread out better, which will in turn make the ratings get closer, which will result in both more interesting matchups, and more variability as well. This will take some time to happen.

Please don’t get discouraged .. THIS IS AN AMAZING CHANGE TO WVW! and all the true wvw players who has vision know it! .. You have my support here from TC.

I know you can’t tell me this without revealing the algorithm but i just strongly hope that the algorithm takes into account timezone coverage and not just raw population numbers. Alot of the time the server matchups get skewed due to coverage issues. If one server is stacked in say NA timezone to make them FULL, it would be really difficult for them to get any transfers in for their weaker time zones like OCX and SEA times.

My question here:

What is the plan to tackle imbalanced timezone coverage in very high and Full servers? Does the population-determining algorithm take that into account or are server communities encouraged to approach the problem through different methods? I ask because our servers suffers from such a problem and we’re still set as FULL.

in WvW

illenos.5134

Please don’t get discouraged .. THIS IS AN AMAZING CHANGE TO WVW! and all the true wvw players who has vision know it! .. You have my support here from TC.

“All the true wvw players”…well I guess I’m not trve enough to understand this change. For me it seems to be as half thought out as the golem rush event but I guess time will show us how and if it will change anything.

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Thought they said they would base fees on the new populations, guess I read wrong

From the first page of this thread:
“There is no plan to change the price per population tier at the moment. We’ll be looking closely at how players are moving/joining World, however. The goal is a better balance, but not a too sudden disruption either.”

Yea my mistake I read it wrong, I thought they would be changing the fees in general

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

“All the true wvw players”…well I guess I’m not trve enough to understand this change. For me it seems to be as half thought out as the golem rush event but I guess time will show us how and if it will change anything.

“Time” is a problem though during the time that people cannot play with friends or are logging into ghost town servers, we will be losing more players that " would have been" that will leave the game. The issue is this causes more problems than it solves unless the end goal was to have less players playing wvwv all together in the end.

Instead of telling your friends to come play with you , you will have to find a game you can actually play together now instead. For me to play with my Lil sis, we will have to play a different game instead.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

By far the most damaging thing ever to WvW was the lenghty free transfers that completely clumped all the wvw players into a very small pool of servers.

your post is 100% legit, sir

2nd’ed, beyond legit. This is a step in the right direction and it is up to us to make it work more quickly if we want it to.

• I agree that asking new players to chose a World before doing anything in the game is odd, now that Worlds are a WvW concept. This isn’t something we can change easily, however, but I’ll keep it in mind if an occasion arises.

The simplest solution is to give every current account ONE free transfer and every new account from that day forward one world transfer token at creation with in-game mail from ANET explaining what is, why they are getting it, when the right time to use it might be and how to get more if needed (gem store plug). You guys have to making plenty of $$ off the world transfers and knowing human nature this wont hurt your profits that much as a certain subset will be back to world hopping in no time.

Giving all current accounts a free transfer all at once might induce a bit of chaos (and you know the thing about chaos? It’s fair!) but if properly supported could allow the players, guilds and communities to all get their ducks in a row with proper communication for more balanced WvW populations across more worlds more quickly. There are a lot of players would never pay to transfer or leave their friends who would never pay to transfer but might make different plans if everyone could move down together. Just a hopeful thought

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Top 8 servers in EU are locked…
Terrible update

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: xIceLolly.6513

xIceLolly.6513

Terrible update

Great update. Our queues went horribly wrong lately and this is finally fix! Bandwagoners can’t come anymore

in WvW

Posted by: ImperialWL.7138

ImperialWL.7138

I didn’t decide to do things at the last minute, because I honestly just read about the changes today and immediately got gems. The fact remains the wording on the dev note was ambiguous at best, for such an important change as in locking out 8/9 gold league servers a properly stated time should’ve been given, unless it’s ArenaNet’s decision to mess people up intentionally with vaguely worded messages; and yes patches are usually on Tuesday, but they are not always at the same time are they? I recall some patches not coming through until early Wednesday morning EU time, so you cannot really say it is my fault for not second guessing the time of the patch.

So… they should basically make a list with the date for every country in the world? ArenaNet is a company based in the US. It is very likely that when they are talking about todays or tomorrow they are talking about their time, not some random time elsewhere in the world.

They never have a set time for patches, so they can’t really give a stated time.

Wednesday, EU time (but that is extremely unusual, as far as I can recall it have only really happened once or twice) is rather irrelevant. The time/day for patches is always in ArenaNets time, unless something else is stated.

No I’m not saying that, but I think given the importance of this change Anet should’ve been more clear with server population statuses and give a planned time for the change, even if they had just said “coming with update patch this Tuesday within normal time frame”. I don’t think this is asking for too much. Also I would’ve appreciated a list of all the servers and each of their population statuses before the changes themselves, so that I will know if I actually need to prepare gems to transfer. Like I said I converted gems immediately to be ready for the worst case scenario but my guildmate thought only SFR and Deso were going to be classed as “full”, nobody foresaw 8/9 EU servers being made “full”.

That’s about it, I think the general idea of this change is good, locking out the highest tiered servers so that pugs cannot bandwagon there, but I think a little more transparency would’ve really helped a lot of guild players like myself who have been caught out by this change.

in WvW

x indigo x.6981

“Time” is a problem though during the time that people cannot play with friends or are logging into ghost town servers, we will be losing more players that " would have been" that will leave the game. The issue is this causes more problems than it solves unless the end goal was to have less players playing wvwv all together in the end.

Please understand that this change is meant to SOLVE the ghost town issue. If anet combines this with a dynamic transfer rate cost, BOOM that would solve a HUGE part of the problem with strong momentum too.

What are you looking for? more players in your lower tier ? this will solve it.
Is playing with your friends more important than playing in T1? this will solve it. Transfer with your friends.
Are servers OVERSTACKED with population bigger than what the map can hold? are queues killing your wvw experience ? this will solve it.
Is your guild and other guilds looking for a fresh start? this will solve it.

What exactly is the issue you’re complaining about ? Players getting locked out of a FULL server ? that is NEEDED to make the experience for the players on that server better. You want to get to a full server? ask yourself why ? This is a good change to WvW .. this is healthy long term approach ! This isn’t the libosection or twisted fancy cosmetic change. This is a healthy diet long term plan of success approach. We always look for the diet pill, but have you tried changing the bad habits and having a salad every once in a while ? :/

Blaaaaah ! i’m ranting now ! .. please understand that this is a very healthy change. The approach is right. The only thing that needs to prove itself now is how robust the algorithm is.

To those that complain about it and not like it, I would very much love to hear your suggestions as to what solutions would have been better.

Some said lower total server numbers .. meaning retire some server.. meaning FORCE people to transfer servers.. meaning violate those players cause hey i don’t like new algorithm ..

Some said free transfers .. THE WHOLE ISSUE STARTED BECAUSE OF FREE TRANSFERS. Please do not bring free transfers back. In fact add more penalties on players transferring out of lower population servers towards higher population servers. while also encouraging and rewarding transfers from higher population server to lower ones.

PICK A SERVER AND STICK TO IT! Have some server pride! Improve the community in your server! Learn not to just raise your hands and run away to another server when things get tough!

If you’re in lower tier, this will bring more population your way. If you’re in high tier, this will alleviate your queues. THIS IS A GOOD THING . UNDERSTAND THAT , PEOPLE !

(edited by x indigo x.6981)

in WvW

Posted by: Fess.3125

Fess.3125

Make transfers cheaper for players on “full” servers. Pls Anet. And since you are trying to balance WvW, nerf the shatter mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: xIceLolly.6513

xIceLolly.6513

Please understand that this change is meant to SOLVE the ghost town issue. If anet combines this with a dynamic transfer rate cost, BOOM that would solve a HUGE part of the problem with strong momentum too.

Is playing with your friends more important than playing in T1? this will solve it. Transfer with your friends.
Are servers OVERSTACKED with population bigger than what the map can hold? are queues killing your wvw experience ? this will solve it.

What exactly is the issue you’re complaining about ? Players getting locked out of a FULL server ? that is NEEDED to make the experience for the players on that server better. You want to get to a full server? ask yourself why ? This is a good change to WvW .. this is healthy long term approach ! This isn’t the libosection or twisted fancy cosmetic change. This is a healthy diet long term plan of success approach. We always look for the diet pill, but have you tried changing the bad habits and having a salad every once in a while ? :/

Blaaaaah ! i’m ranting now ! .. please understand that this is a very healthy change. The approach is right. The only thing that needs to prove itself now is how robust the algorithm is.

To those that complain about it and not like it, I would very much love to hear your suggestions as to what solutions would have been better.

Some said lower total server numbers .. meaning retire some server.. meaning FORCE people to transfer servers.. meaning violate those players cause hey i don’t like new algorithm ..

Some said free transfers .. THE WHOLE ISSUE STARTED BECAUSE OF FREE TRANSFERS. Please do not bring free transfers back. In fact add more penalties on players transferring out of lower population servers towards higher population servers.

PICK A SERVER AND STICK TO IT! Have some server pride! Improve the community in your server! Learn not to just raise your hands and run away to another server when things get tough!

If you’re in lower tier, this will bring more population your way. If you’re in high tier, this will alleviate your queues. THIS IS A GOOD THING . UNDERSTAND THAT , PEOPLE !

Exactly this!

in WvW

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Instead of telling your friends to come play with you , you will have to find a game you can actually play together now instead. For me to play with my Lil sis, we will have to play a different game instead.

Go to an open server to play with your sis.
Fixed your problem and maybe a bit more balance in the population of servers.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

My server was one that went full from very high in the midst of people coming down from kitten break t1/t2 barrier. Short term this may hurt that goal – long term good for the game. The servers that really suffered because they were full (SOS-db-dh), but not really – got some relief today….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I’ll believe it when I see it. And honestly, I don’t for one second believe this will change much of anything. People who can’t transfer to servers to play with their friends will simply leave and play other games, like they have been for a long time now. Especially so for those that didn’t feel like running an auto-clicker. This change actually solves the problem because people can stop using the auto-clicker with a slim hope that they would get in, since they know Full servers won’t even go off Full now. This update shatters any and all hopes of getting in a populated, fun, WvW server.

Low pop servers (now marked as medium) will likely stay that way, because there are simply way too many servers to support the existing WvW player population (caused in part by Anet’s lack of WvW updates and content). This change won’t all of a sudden get people to want to transfer down to low pop servers, otherwise people would have done so already in the past 3 years.

The real way to fix the problems they want to fix, is by merging servers and reducing the number of low pop servers available. Mega server technology was introduced to solve these kind of problems in PvE. Since they don’t solve WvW issues, then they should’ve thought of a better way to merge/combine or change the way they do match-ups.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Like I said I converted gems immediately to be ready for the worst case scenario but my guildmate thought only SFR and Deso were going to be classed as “full”, nobody foresaw 8/9 EU servers being made “full”.

I thought that would be the case in terms of Servers in EU T1-3, I mean in terms of deso and SFR “full”,
I don’t know if in the long run this change, will be for the better though.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Here you go~

lookit that healthy EU!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Some said free transfers .. THE WHOLE ISSUE STARTED BECAUSE OF FREE TRANSFERS. Please do not bring free transfers back. In fact add more penalties on players transferring out of lower population servers towards higher population servers.

It isn’t possible for this to solve the ghost town issue. For the players that play outside out NA prime, the servers that are not ghost towns during their hours they play are now full. People do not come into a game to solo keeps since the rest of the people are sleeping . New players in PST, OCX SEA and EU time zones are now screwed on NA servers and have no point in playing wvw at all.

How this works:
The majority of the players in wvw are on full servers. The majority of players in wvw cannot invite their friends to play with them, so instead of playing gw2 together, they have to play another game in order to play together instead , which means less time being spent playing gw2.

New players wanting to play with PST, OCX, SEA and Eu players on NA servers are unable to do so since those servers are closed to them joining them. Go play another game instead so you can play with actual players.
This is a good way to make people leave the game, not solve the problems. Sure it may help NA prime even out a little, but NA isn’t where it needs to even out. It isn’t like you are suddenly going to get 24/7 coverage on the lower tiers to give players people to play with. LOL

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

illenos.5134

^This. I can’t play with friends right now. Several guys asked me to transfer back to my last server but sry. I have to do dailies for a long time now and play other games until I can get back…but hey: I’ve got a lot of time now to watch Supernatural and all those anime I have on my ToDo list…and BnS NA/EU is going into beta soon.
I won’t keep playing a game with average PvE and PvP just because I love WvW what I can’t play as I enjoy anytime soon.

kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: DoctorWunderbar.5037

DoctorWunderbar.5037

Does this mean you’ve also made recent changes to the glicko/matchup/ratings algorithm on top of the changes to population determination?

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

And what about my guild, my brother, my husband? I am supposed to abandon my guild and the rest of my family to play with my sis? We could probably make a server full just by us alone.. We pin multiple maps at once and run multiple time zones, and I am actually a leader in multiple guilds. Like I said, we are probably the largest wvw guild on JQ,… Did you read the sig? LOL

Balance isn’t going to be solved by this LOL.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

x indigo x.6981

And what about my guild, my brother, my husband? I am supposed to abandon my guild and the rest of my family to play with my sis? We could probably make a server full just by us alone.. We pin multiple maps at once and run multiple time zones, and I am actually a leader in multiple guilds. Like I said, we are probably the largest wvw guild on JQ,… Did you read the sig? LOL

ummm what exactly are you complaining about ? Your sis can’t get in cause now all of a sudden JQ is full ? Hasn’t JQ been full for like FOREVER ? :/ .. it’s the ultimate BLOB server that every karma trainer dreams of getting to.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

ummm what exactly are you complaining about ? Your sis can’t get in cause now all of a sudden JQ is full ? Hasn’t JQ been full for like FOREVER ? :/

In the previous system, it would open in the evenings for brief times and people would get in slowly she had just been working during that time and waiting for a day off to do so.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Jayne.9251

ummm what exactly are you complaining about ? Your sis can’t get in cause now all of a sudden JQ is full ? Hasn’t JQ been full for like FOREVER ? :/

In the previous system, it would open in the evenings for brief times and people would get in slowly she had just been working during that time and waiting for a day off to do so.

Why/when did she transfer off in the first place?

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

There are currently no WvW population less than “medium” on any server (both EU and NA).

Guess as is well with the WvW populations, lowest tier got lots of people.

BUT server population is NOT the WvW population. I will use TC as an example. TC is the unofficial NA RP server – most of those people are PvE only. When they talk about WvW population they mean the people who play WvW. I for one am looking forward to these changes as there are so many blobby overpopulated servers in all tiers.

I also hope they take a nick out of guilds that try to ‘fix battles’ by transferring over to one server or have accounts on 2 servers on the same tier, that they can bludgeon the other server in the 3-way battle. I also hope this deters mutli-server guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Shrubsy.9720

Shrubsy.9720

Hey, if the rest of us were really lucky you would pack up that guild and move to a lower tier server. Not sure how important your guild is to JQ, but tier one might even become more volatile and, like you said, you could fill a whole server yourselves. A whole new competitive server rising from the bottom—wouldn’t that be exciting.

Of course, it won’t happen. But some smaller guilds will definitely transfer in order to play together. And as someone on a non-full server, I sure won’t be complaining

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Some said free transfers .. THE WHOLE ISSUE STARTED BECAUSE OF FREE TRANSFERS. Please do not bring free transfers back. In fact add more penalties on players transferring out of lower population servers towards higher population servers. while also encouraging and rewarding transfers from higher population server to lower ones.

Totally agree here Indigo!!

in WvW

x indigo x.6981

Lets say for the sake of the argument that they remove the population limitation on the servers. Therefore only Queues will be the bottleneck instead of the Server Population.

How would you feel if you were waiting to get into a WvW map for 3 hours and you’re still in queue ? cause that’s what would happen should they eliminate the server population limitation. It WILL ruin your wvw experience through the long ever lasting queues. I’m talking about 100+ queue on each map for all the T1 servers ..

Then will come the new complaints of please increase map population size .. then will come please add more maps cause queues too much .. and the cycle will never end …

Those that are fighting the WHOLE IDEA of population limitation in severs JUST BECAUSE they have 1 or 2 friends that want to get into an ALREADY OVERSTACKED server.. those people are short sighted and don’t see the long term downsides of what they’re asking nor do they see the great benefits this new population system will provide OVER TIME .. again i say it .. OVER TIME ..

/sigh

(edited by x indigo x.6981)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

She was never able to get on to JQ. Invited my sister and her Husband to come play with me, they buy the game then cannot. They haven’t been playing at all until they can get into JQ.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Lets say for the sake of the argument that they remove the population limitation on the servers. Therefore only Queues will be the bottleneck instead of the Server Population.

How would you feel if you were waiting to get into a WvW map for 3 hours and you’re still in queue ? cause that’s what would happen should they eliminate the server population limitation. It WILL ruin your wvw experience through the long ever lasting queues. I’m talking about 100+ queue on each map for all the T1 servers ..

Then will come the new complaints of please increase map population size .. then will come please add more maps cause queues too much .. and the cycle will never end …

Those that are fighting the WHOLE IDEA of population limitation in severs JUST BECAUSE they have 1 or 2 friends that want to get into an ALREADY OVERSTACKED server.. those people are short sighted and don’t see the long term downsides of what they’re asking nor do they see the great benefits this new population will provide OVER TIME .. again i say it .. OVER TIME ..

/sigh

Add new maps to allow more players to play in wvw at once solving the ques. Only keep servers that have 24/7 coverage and nerf the rest. Problem solved.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Jayne.9251

She was never able to get on to JQ. Invited my sister and her Husband to come play with me, they buy the game then cannot. They haven’t been playing at all until they can get into JQ.

Then maybe you should consider what the poster above said — if your family can fill an entire server itself, maybe move them all down a few tiers. Being #1 no longer matters in regards to server pride, etc … it’s just a number because of stacking — you could feesibly go down to a medium pop server and make a massive difference — and then have REAL server/family pride.

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Except the ratings are determined by coverage, not overall population, and if you make all the tier 1-2 servers full then people can’t move around to balance.

Tier 2 probably has a similar number of active players as tier 1, but in tier 1 the players are spread out over multiple timezones where in tier 2 they are concentrated mostly in NA.

What if I’m a SEA, EU, or OCX player or guild that wants to move around to balance out tier 1-2? Guess my options are stay on a server where my time zone is already stacked, or move down to a tier 3 or below server and fight doors?

THIS!
My server has few off hour guilds (nevermind the fairweathers) and another full server in our tier got even fewer off hour guilds. During a season where a T1 server meets a T2 server, its gonna be a steamroll (like it has always been). No way to counter.

Couple of questions:
1) Will there be instances where a FULL server goes non full for a brief moment like it used to?
2) If a mass exodus happens to a server how long will it take to reflect the new population status?

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Then maybe you should consider what the poster above said — if your family can fill an entire server itself, maybe move them all down a few tiers. Being #1 no longer matters in regards to server pride, etc … it’s just a number because of stacking — you could feesibly go down to a medium pop server and make a massive difference — and then have REAL server/family pride.

My family.. not just family. My guilds.. you are talking about paying for hundreds of players to move server, not to mention you are expecting hundreds of players wanting to move? ALL because they broke the game? If I am going to go through that much trouble, we can just play something else. It would be much less for me to have to buy more copies of the game and go play with her that way then what would we do on a dead server? No fun face rolling everyone… she would not even get to play with everyone else. No TY. If they are going to take so little consideration with their decisions why would I spend MORE money on a game they are making me want to spend less time playing.

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

x indigo x.6981

My family.. not just family. My guilds.. you are talking about paying for hundreds of players to move server, not to mention you are expecting hundreds of players wanting to move? ALL because they broke the game? If I am going to go through that much trouble, we can just play something else.

BROKE THE GAME ?! with the new system ??!!! hahahahahahah … The ability to CHEAT the system and get SUPER MEGA OVERSTACKED like what happend in JQ and BG is what BROKE THE GAME ! ..

To prevent overstacking and endless queues, limitations need to be put into place. It could be your sister, my brother, his childhood friend .. it could be anybody ! Somebody will HAVE to be limited in their access .. WvW and fun play involves more than opening arms to anyone and everyone to BLOB like the premise KILL was built around.

As other people have stated , if you actually have the population in your guild to make a significant change to server balance, farm silverwastes for 2 weeks and get your guild to where your sister is. It’s your choice between your sister and your guild. This is the case with ANY multiplayer game (video or tangible) that has limited seats. The seats are filled in JQ … Grow up and make a choice instead of whining about a completely valid and healthy long term system.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

At the moment these 8 EU servers are classified as full:
Seafarer’s Rest (current rank 1)
Desolation (rank 2)
Piken Square (rank 3)
Kodash [DE] (rank 4)
Gandara (rank 5)
Far Shiverpeaks (rank 6)
Jade Sea [FR] (rank 7)
Riverside [DE] (rank 10)

But there is still room at the Vizunah Square [FR]!

The new server population status correlates very well with the WvWvW rank, so good work by Arenanet!

I know many players will disagree me saying that besides SFR and Deso (EU rank 1 & 2) no other servers should be “full”. The new changes might encourage some guilds and players to move to silver league, which I see good for the health of this game.

Now if we could have better rewards in WvWvW and similar reward track like spvp has!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

I don’t think its gonna affect much in terms of game play. Its still gonna be the same coverage was we have now. You can have stats on how many people play wvw but the real stat is how many people play wvw off prime time. Many servers can que up prime time hours. We need to see how many players who are logged in wvw at any given time to help balance population.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

anet has made it clear. players has to destack the servers, spread across all servers and obtain a variety of matchup. it should have be been designed this way from the beginning anyway.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I guess I’m swimming against the current on this one, but I think the change is good. BG/TC/JQ/YB/FA should be full. SoS shouldn’t be full as their WvW presence has lessened considerably over the last year or so. Old players haven’t been kicked off of their servers, and so they can come back at will.

All that allowing servers that are full to bring in more players would do is to lock out players that have been on that server for awhile in growing queues. While it doesn’t do anything for the TZ problems, it is at least a good start.

While I do wish they could have done it by timezone I think that by timezone would have opened the system up too much for exploitation. On YB we have a huge NA, with far less offhours coverage. Now we won’t be able to get that offhours, and I’m fine with that. It weakens our server, but imo it’s fair.

(edited by Kaiser.9873)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

anet has made it clear. players has to destack the servers, spread across all servers and obtain a variety of matchup. it should have be been designed this way from the beginning anyway.

Why would you ever want to destack servers? If anything, this is great for showing which servers that should be completely abandoned by the community so that we can finally kill an entire tier (or two) and stack upwards. Move from lowest tier medium pop to highest medium pop, until that start going high/very high/full. Then move on to the next highest medium. Ideally we would achieve very high or full on all servers except the dead ones.

The lowest tier servers are stuck in glicko hell anyway.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I don’t think its gonna affect much in terms of game play. Its still gonna be the same coverage was we have now. You can have stats on how many people play wvw but the real stat is how many people play wvw off prime time. Many servers can que up prime time hours. We need to see how many players who are logged in wvw at any given time to help balance population.

If they reduce the map cap ….

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

My family.. not just family. My guilds.. you are talking about paying for hundreds of players to move server, not to mention you are expecting hundreds of players wanting to move? ALL because they broke the game? If I am going to go through that much trouble, we can just play something else.

BROKE THE GAME ?! with the new system ??!!! hahahahahahah … The ability to CHEAT the system and get SUPER MEGA OVERSTACKED like what happend in JQ and BG is what BROKE THE GAME ! ..

To prevent overstacking and endless queues, limitations need to be put into place. It could be your sister, my brother, his childhood friend .. it could be anybody ! Somebody will HAVE to be limited in their access .. WvW and fun play involves more than opening arms to anyone and everyone to BLOB like the premise KILL was built around.

As other people have stated , if you actually have the population in your guild to make a significant change to server balance, farm silverwastes for 2 weeks and get your guild to where your sister is. It’s your choice between your sister and your guild. This is the case with ANY multiplayer game (video or tangible) that has limited seats. The seats are filled in JQ … Grow up and make a choice instead of whining about a completely valid and healthy long term system.

No, having too many servers broke the game. If a player cannot log in any time and have people to play with and people to play against, the game is either dead or broken.

Not a valid system if people are unable to have their friends join them on their already established servers with their guilds, unless your end goal is to make people leave. Please do not resort to attempting to demean rather than address the actual problem of too many servers. Forcing players to play alone on bottom servers is not solving the problem. Everyone deserves to have players to play with no matter what time they are able to play the game. On JQ we have people to play with 24/7 why would we go somewhere where there isn’t anyone to fight?

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Terrible update

Great update. Our queues went horribly wrong lately and this is finally fix! Bandwagoners can’t come anymore

The queues were no were near horrible. Even SFR feels like a bronze tier server in WvW Season 1.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

On YB we have a huge NA, with far less offhours coverage. Now we won’t be able to get that offhours, and I’m fine with that. It weakens our server, but imo it’s fair.

???

You guys have more than anything by double in T2.

in WvW

illenos.5134

Yeah they’ve made it clear but I think they didn’t have thought about the consequences…AGAIN! So you have the low pop servers which are going to celebrate this change. Then you have guys like lil devils x and me stucked in a crappy situation because of this change. There are also servers like SFR with a bunch of second acounts sitting there to ktrain once a week.

It does not solve anything. Most of the low pop servers are low pop servers because of their mind set. Let’s take a look on Miller’s for example: they don’t want to play meta builds, they don’t want to have some people organizing the server, they just want to have “fun” even if every hardcore players has to lose because of this fact. They’ve lost several players due to this fact.
Will the changes affect them in any ways? Maybe but the guys who join Miller’s won’t be happy.

kitten!