World Population Changes Are Coming

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

After reading all 10 pages again, I now have some understanding of why the Dev’s could make such poor decisions. You folks have really no clue what you want and it shows in what you ask for. It’s very simple, WvW should have Tiers with descending map population caps. Because the map Q’s have always been the end all, be all of balancing. There should be no server population caps at all. There should be no Transfer cost either. Even if there was, it should be a flat price. Boom… now each player can choose the experience that fits them best. The World communities can freely balance themselves out across the time zones too.

The one thing that is for certain is that the more the dev’s interfere with WvW, the more they muck it up. Even after the dev’s came into WvW during Seasons, they made videos about what they thought should change. Most of the WvW players I know watched the videos and said “wut?”. As in, how could you play WvW and come away from the experience with such notions???? The dev’s just don’t get us in WvW at all. If they did, it would show, because they’d be in WvW daily too!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

I don’t see why I should pay to change servers for a gamemode that could/should be fixed by the developers.

And if you can’t understand that you need to move out from your parents house and start earning your own money coz clearly you don’t know what spending personal money is for something that shouldn’t be broken in the first place.

1. then don’t Anet offers the service you are free at anytime not to pay for it.
2. I own my own home and make plenty of money – anet put out a good product the players are the ones who broke it. and even then its not really broken just not optimal

Not to mention gems can be purchased with gold if real cash is an issue….

Yes, because you make SO much gold from playing wvw that purchasing gems is a breeze…

I really wish pve’rs would stop posting this sort of crap in the wvw forums. Wvw players end up buying gems to convert to gold to pay for the things you want in order to play wvw- or force themselves to go on a mindless boss event 100 times or chase chests in SW in order to raise the gold to do what they actually log on to do, which is play wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

I don’t see why I should pay to change servers for a gamemode that could/should be fixed by the developers.

And if you can’t understand that you need to move out from your parents house and start earning your own money coz clearly you don’t know what spending personal money is for something that shouldn’t be broken in the first place.

1. then don’t Anet offers the service you are free at anytime not to pay for it.
2. I own my own home and make plenty of money – anet put out a good product the players are the ones who broke it. and even then its not really broken just not optimal

Yes, because you make SO much gold from playing wvw that purchasing gems is a breeze…

I really wish pve’rs would stop posting this sort of crap in the wvw forums. Wvw players end up buying gems to convert to gold to pay for the things you want in order to play wvw- or force themselves to go on a mindless boss event 100 times or chase chests in SW in order to raise the gold to do what they actually log on to do, which is play wvw.

Sooo true!

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

When I started playing GW2, I wasn’t in my current guild as most of my guild were playing in other teams/groups when GW2 came out. Since GW2 came out we formed a guild and with HOT a lot of them were looking to come back. Except now we’re in a bit of an issue. A lot of our members over time have gotten on BlackGate but a number of people aren’t and are on old servers down deep in the brackets (anything from Henge of Denravi to Eredon Terrace).

The only option we have with the new system is basically to transfer off to get everyone to play together. The problem with this was it was a huge process to get 75% of us on BlackGate on the first place. A lot of people to get on BlackGate the first time went the cheap option of deleting their characters entirely to transfer over and just level a new toon. Many others farmed for stupid PvE hours to get enough money to transfer. I can’t ask my members to do that again and the people not on our server basically are now stuck with a brick wall of WvW activity.

In the old system it was possible, through diligence, to transfer over. In the current system it is impossible. I have to basically tell 10 or so guild members sorry, you’re not going to get on, and we’re not going to transfer off. That’s 10 HOT sales that you aren’t going to get from our group and unknown gem sales as people look for other games they can actually play with each other with.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

After reading all 10 pages again, I now have some understanding of why the Dev’s could make such poor decisions. You folks have really no clue what you want and it shows in what you ask for. It’s very simple, WvW should have Tiers with descending map population caps. Because the map Q’s have always been the end all, be all of balancing. There should be no server population caps at all. There should be no Transfer cost either. Even if there was, it should be a flat price. Boom… now each player can choose the experience that fits them best. The World communities can freely balance themselves out across the time zones too.

The one thing that is for certain is that the more the dev’s interfere with WvW, the more they muck it up. Even after the dev’s came into WvW during Seasons, they made videos about what they thought should change. Most of the WvW players I know watched the videos and said “wut?”. As in, how could you play WvW and come away from the experience with such notions???? The dev’s just don’t get us in WvW at all. If they did, it would show, because they’d be in WvW daily too!

Once in a while one of the dev tweak a few WvW things when it’s getting out of control but it doesn’t seem like they have a WvW team.

The new map looks pretty but the implementation will just be a copy-paste of the same map (3 copies) because they don’t have anyone working on a new system that would use the current 4 maps together. We will end up with a removed map, broken karma train EotM, same old EBG, and 1 new map, instead of having 4 fully different maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

After reading all this, I’m starting to think listing servers as full is a silly idea. The maps already have population caps, you can’t magically stuff more people into WvW. If they want 2 hour WvW queues let them, and we all know best coverage wins so let them have their coveragewars. It seems like we reversed it, instead of punishing WvW populations for high PVE populations, now we are punishing casual WvWers and PVErs who want to be on the same server as their friends and families. Sure you can still play with them in PVE via mega servers, but they’ll never get to enjoy WvW or probably even EotM(since colours need to match up) with their family or friends. That seems silly to punish servers with big fat communities. Unless it’s causing damage to the servers, like overloading them, who cares? I don’t. I transferred up aiming for high silver with good coverage, because I don’t often play at NA times and I was tired of empty maps. I aimed a bit poorly because we are Tier 3 now, but oh well. At least there’s people!

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Eheh like your idea Erik altho like Deniara said it would prob cause an uproar from customers and therefore cause more dmg^^

Just simply measure FOR REAL the WvW attendance and merge/close they empty servers already….

I thought the sarcasm was obvious enough. :P
Although it has some merit. It would screw everyone up equally. xD

I remember the first few months(?) though. Everyone very interested in WvW went onto Hench of Denravi until that became so boring “everyone” left that server. I always thought that everyone with a serious interest in WvW would at least seek the challenge to go to a new emptiER server (to some extend obviously, not many like a deserted server or an too imbalanced match-up for at least the first few weeks or whenever your guild’s or alliance’s primetime is.)

If anything people move to more populated servers just because of a better experience as in, a team to play with and a or two team to oppose. WvW isn’t alot of fun or challenging a 10 v 10 v10 on such a huge map let alone 3. Maybe the key is to make the maps dynamic in size rather than one size that is optimal for 300v300v300. Like opening up EBG only and leaving the borderlands closed under a certain population. (Numbers are merely to illustrate) Though it feels such an idea would create alot of other trouble or maybe not even solve anything. Just a random thought.

Either way, the algorithm seems to directly oppose the general idea of moving to populated areas of WvW. To some extend anyway. If it’s really full that might be a tad too much. Moving a tier or so lower could not be a bad idea at all if that makes it possible to play with all your wvw guildies.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Not a PVE – pointing out you have a choice. I know most will buy the gems. My comment was in direct reference to someone who said they couldn’t afford with real money to pay to move. THAT part of the argument is false – there is indeed an option to move without paying real $$. The option may or may not be desirable, but it is an option.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

Sooo true!

I’ve spent several hundred bucks for getting golem rush and this new “improvement”…Anet hates me and my money! T_T

Once in a while one of the dev tweak a few WvW things when it’s getting out of control but it doesn’t seem like they have a WvW team.

Maybe we have a dev team but it seems they like to eat chemicals, watch something like http://tinyurl.com/pgsgcru and then start “working” on some nice WvW changes.

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I hope they will offer a one time free transfer to lower population server to encourage players to spread out. Give this free transfer offer when players buy the expansion since it’s like a new beginning for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

I hope too at least…

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Doon but just to bottom 4-5 servers. Not bottom servers in each “league”

in WvW

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Doon but just to bottom 4-5 servers. Not bottom servers in each “league”

Right! But I assume most of the top servers will be locked as “Full”.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiru.5760

Tiru.5760

I hope someone will notice this post … but..

TAKE THE 10% CAPRAISE BACK AGAIN – GOOD OLD LAGS ARE BACK!

3 way sm – T1 EU – unplayable again. Why the change had to come after people got used to the “new” caps? Please take the cap raise away again – since i want to play normally. Thanks.

Leader of Almost Harmless [AH] @Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Tiru.5760)

in WvW

Posted by: knkasa.2608

knkasa.2608

As long as the system remains to be server vs. server, people will stack in bandwagon servers so they can continue to ktrain. To make significant changes, we would need a complete overhaul of the systems. These days, wvwers look not very different from pvers.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I like this change – I didn’t sell out my friends and server mates to transfer to a stacked server. without being able to buy off players from low tier servers how are you tier one blobbers going to compete with people who play wvw for more than just shineys. players who win even when outnumbered, without allies. how are you going to keep your troops morale up when you start getting facestomped by players who get things done with far far less people. give the guys on low tiers a little manpower and you guys are gonna be toast. no wonder you’re complaining. lets see the “skill” of tier one players when their tactics and strategies have to be completely reevaluated because they can’t just blob everything to death. not to mention you filled your ranks with people motivated by greed and self service. when the going gets tough will they stick around??
funny how the tier one guys look “down” on lower tier servers – those lower tier loyalist have more grit in one roamer than the entirety of your mega blobs. you should continue to cry cry cry without being able to buy your population anet pretty much signed your death certificate. that’s the crux of your issue – those of you complaining. what NOW

You have such a bizarre and bitter image of higher tier players. Some people transfer up because their guild mates/friends matter more than some vague server team score and also because of the timezone they play. But you’d rather apply a catch all label such as “blobbers” and “bandwagoners.” People allowed themselves to be “bought” (this gets thrown around way too much IMO) because they wanted to leave your server. For a patriot, acknowledging that probably stings and that goes back to my first sentence.

P.S

Since we’re throwing out anecdotes and opinions, I know players who’ve went on lower tier vacations and stomped others there 3v1. I’ve seen lower tier guild raids that would absolutely get destroyed by higher tier havoc groups. And I’ve seen it in reverse. With the rate at which players transfer around, I’m surprised people are still buying into this ridiculous stereotype. And yes everything, and I mean everything in GW2 can be blobbed to death, Anet made sure of that.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Notsoperky.4291

Not a PVE – pointing out you have a choice. I know most will buy the gems. My comment was in direct reference to someone who said they couldn’t afford with real money to pay to move. THAT part of the argument is false – there is indeed an option to move without paying real $$. The option may or may not be desirable, but it is an option.

On that logic, breathing air is an option- in theory you can breathe water…

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

If anything people move to more populated servers just because of a better experience as in, a team to play with and a or two team to oppose. WvW isn’t alot of fun or challenging a 10 v 10 v10 on such a huge map let alone 3. Maybe the key is to make the maps dynamic in size rather than one size that is optimal for 300v300v300. Like opening up EBG only and leaving the borderlands closed under a certain population. (Numbers are merely to illustrate) Though it feels such an idea would create alot of other trouble or maybe not even solve anything. Just a random thought.

I like the dynamic map adjusting (and have suggested it before). Start with EBG and a Borderland, and open up additional copies of the map as needed, and close them down again later when no longer have the people. Huge servers gets multiple maps to take the whole population. And small servers gets 1-2 maps so they actually get too see other people.

This could even work well with prime time vs off hours, as the maps would dynamically adjust down during night time etc.

Just have glicko scale up down depending on the number of maps, so you still gain the same glicko for all time periods. So 10 maps doesn’t produce more glicko points than 3 maps etc.

Main problem I see is that upgrades will disappear when map is closed. But at least the main EBG will still keep its upgrades.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Know why I left servers? (I’m on my fourth right now) because the people were bitter kittens who wanted to disable server transfers so they have a higher population and who sat around in a keep watching it being taken by the enemies because there was no commander around and who blamed each and everybody to be the reason why wvw sucks for them.
It doesn’t help if you guys from lower tiers start thread after thread showing the exact same behaviour as I wouldn’t want to join your “community”
And although I’m a wvw solo roamer who upgrades quite a lot I am pretty rich – even with only wvw I would be at 80 gold in 3 weeks max.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

hardly the same…… People trade gold for gems all the time in reality not theory.

Either way the options are transfer, stay where you are and have fun, stay where you are and complain, or take a break until HOT…. Asking for anything else is a pipedream in my opinion… Good luck to all in however you decide to proceed….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Well if rumors are true there will be a largish move from T2 GvG guilds sooner rather than later. I wouldn’t expect them to go lower than T3, but there is movement happening.

I don’t blame them at all. The queues in T2 were pretty rough before all the movement, and now it’s nuts. Hard to be a GvG guild if there’s nowhere you can get your full team in to fight.

This move, if it works the way ANet seems to want it to, will pull servers more towards the middle. The pop will stay heavily in T1/T2/T3, but it’s possible that T4/T5 will see some good growth as well. I really doubt it will help T6 and below though.

I feel sorry for the T3 server that ends up with the biggest number of these. Its pretty much an auto loss sentence every single week. That server will drop and their community will take a huge hit.

the new upcoming arenas in HoT will not solve the situation, I’m sure there will be some pebble in middle of the floor or a miscolored tile or some other such thing that will “force” them to continue clogging up 1 servers home BL to the point of being overall unplayable.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Is Anet’s priority pleasing players or making money? WvW transfers are a portion of their income that happens to come from a minority of players. I’m in Tier 2 and know of entire guilds that up and move just about every month or two.

So yeah, in that case, being out of touch and making poor decisions promotes WvW instability and mass transfers, and actually improves their bottom line.

in WvW

Posted by: papaiggy.1345

papaiggy.1345

How’s this for staying on topic… TOO LITTLE TOO LATE!!! GOODBYE

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

to me it was close to perfect – by avoiding factions they prevented one side from being imbalanced due to class imbalances – they do still have balance issues but since everyone has equal access it is still “fair” (even though annoying) unlike WoW and SWOTOR where if they have a class imbalance it screws the whole faction.

What? Factions have nothing to do with class imbalance. ESO factions are not imbalanced like that. SWTOR imbalance is caused by pvpers being attracted to the ‘evil’ side, so ensure factions are not not built like that. The server model is what has caused the fundamental problems with the WvW mode.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Anet should update the server status on day-to-day basis, no longer.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

morrolan.9608

After reading all 10 pages again, I now have some understanding of why the Dev’s could make such poor decisions. You folks have really no clue what you want and it shows in what you ask for. It’s very simple, WvW should have Tiers with descending map population caps. Because the map Q’s have always been the end all, be all of balancing. There should be no server population caps at all.

100% spot on, this is the conclusion I have come to as well. Allowing free player movement will balance out the servers and the map caps will govern the pop at any 1 time.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

After reading all 10 pages again, I now have some understanding of why the Dev’s could make such poor decisions. You folks have really no clue what you want and it shows in what you ask for. It’s very simple, WvW should have Tiers with descending map population caps. Because the map Q’s have always been the end all, be all of balancing. There should be no server population caps at all.

100% spot on, this is the conclusion I have come to as well. Allowing free player movement will balance out the servers and the map caps will govern the pop at any 1 time.

OK, then under the current system, how will T1 servers descent lower or the low tier servers rise up ? Lets say ET and DR would have a 15 person map cap, cause normally they run 10-15 people in all WvW at prime. How will they get more to join and go up in tiers ?

Also, lets say there is a match up with high randomization and you get server A with 20 person map cap and server B with 40 person map cap. Do you scale down the 40 down to 20 and not even allow them to enter the map ? How do you think they will feel about it ?

Also, if not above, then do you want permamently locked and map capped tiers ? With exception of tier 1, how well is having exact same match ups every single week working out so far ? How many people have moved out of WvW and/or game altogether since launch because this was a major contributing factor ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

morrolan.9608

OK, then under the current system, how will T1 servers descent lower or the low tier servers rise up ? Lets say ET and DR would have a 15 person map cap, cause normally they run 10-15 people in all WvW at prime. How will they get more to join and go up in tiers ?

T1 servers will lose players when queues in their respective timezones get long enough. I would imagine free player movement would mean servers like ET and DR would die, the number of servers does need to be reduced.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

T1 servers will lose players when queues in their respective timezones get long enough. I would imagine free player movement would mean servers like ET and DR would die, the number of servers does need to be reduced.

Ques in T1 times zones will never get bad now due the servers being locked now, so now no point in trying to go on tour to other servers since no one wants to lose their spot on their home server. All the lock does is make it so no one is willing to lose their spot , so only way to tour is to make additional accounts instead and actually play on multiple servers. It should not affect wvw populations on locked servers as much since people are not willing to move at all now.

Since more players cannot come onto full servers, it ensures the ques cannot get worse to make people want to leave. If anything, it ensures less ques on T1 while players are playing on multiple accounts on other servers, and no one can come in to clog them up while doing so.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Pikka.6023

Pikka.6023

If you get rid of servers, and allow guilds to form alliances on their own, you solve all of the population problems and give players a fair, balanced, competitive match every week. Also, players get to discover new allies each week while keeping their core alliance intact. (There of course has to be a limit to the size of an alliance, and alliance size should be determined not by headcount, but the player hours spent in WvW.) The matchmaking algorithm for this is quite doable. You can also consider not just how many WvW hours a guild plays, but when they are active in the 24 hour clock to help balance coverage.

The coolest thing about Alliances over Servers is they are so fluid, and allow players to self-balance, and guilds to find new partnerships, and dissolve failing ones.

in WvW

Posted by: Soridormy.8132

Soridormy.8132

This stupid way(blocking to transfer) is not solution for dispersing wvwers
Who want to play on dead Tier(like tier345678 servers)?
I think Anet dev team has not qualification about receiving salary

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

1 week after the change and we’re already seeing people move down the tiers and trying to do it in a balanced way. Good job anet. And the new transfer prices are a great incentive.. only 500 gems for medium? that’s like 80 gold.. nice.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’d be nice to toss in a discount to kick this all off. The gem store often offers discounts on items, so why not here to promote it?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

1 week after the change and we’re already seeing people move down the tiers and trying to do it in a balanced way. Good job anet. And the new transfer prices are a great incentive.. only 500 gems for medium? that’s like 80 gold.. nice.

LOL that has nothing to do with the lock.. it has to do with server politics on T1/T2 that happened prior to the lock. Yb was stacked prior to this to move them to T1, GvG dropping to T3 to make that the GVG tier now out of protest. This was all decided prior to the LOCK, and has nothing to do with the changes.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

LOL that has nothing to do with the lock.. it has to do with server politics on T1/T2 that happened prior to the lock. Yb was stacked prior to this to move them to T1, GvG dropping to T3 to make that the GVG tier now out of protest. This was all decided prior to the LOCK, and has nothing to do with the changes.

If that’s your brand of Kool-Aid. Other rumors are that GvG have a high turnover rate and like to recruit from off server. And that guilds and friends got seperated in the LOCK and are reforming elsewhere.

It’s a good measure. It should have been done by traffic in the first place. Locking out more stacking and guild buying is OK by me too.

JQ subsidiary

(edited by displayname.8315)

in WvW

morrolan.9608

If that’s your brand of Kool-Aid. Other rumors are that GvG have a high turnover rate and like to recruit from off server. And that guilds and friends got seperated in the LOCK and are reforming elsewhere.

Er go read the cancer forums, what Lil Devil said is exactly the reason for the transfers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

It’s a good measure. It should have been done by traffic in the first place. Locking out more stacking and guild buying is OK by me too.

Yes, like I said, they are dropping down and taking over lower tier servers, will move them to their newly established gvg tier and will make them stay there instead. Guild buying is still going on to accomplish this.

It isn’t solving anything however, because T1 , for example, really did not lose much due to everyone having alt accounts. Players having accounts on multiple full servers and putting alt accounts on other servers really doesn’t change much at all.

All that locking accomplishes long term is that more players leave the game due to :

Depending on the server:
We have players logging in with no one to play with or against.
We have players logging in and sitting in ques the entire time they have to play not being able to play at all.
We have players that are being face rolled by massively uneven matches.
We have players that always get to win.
We have players that have no hope of ever winning.
We have players who fight against the same players every week.
We have players who are unable to play with friends or family.
We have players who cannot play with their guild.

All that locking players out of being able to play with others does is ensure they leave faster. Not everyone plays the game at the same time. Players leaving their accounts on full servers and having alts on other servers does not solve much of anything. Don’t bother asking friends, coworkers, or family to come play with you, if your server is locked, which is the majority of players playing.
RIP

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Jana.6831

It’d be nice to toss in a discount to kick this all off. The gem store often offers discounts on items, so why not here to promote it?

Frankly: wvw is in a broken state.
Like I said before: It has been possible for our non TS pug to kill zergs twice our size in the past. We have been able to defend our stuff against zergs. Nowadays it’s all blobs, golems got buffed dwarfing every other siege, T3 can’t withold the amount of players – there basically is not much more than to fight blob with blob or doing GvG as defending is pretty much impossible. I really think that this is the key to make wvw “fun” again. Because people would learn that they can do stuff without being a blob, because not all hope is lost when being outnumbered and because the fights become interesting again.
If you just shovel players into lower tiers without blobs right now, they really get the impression that their server is dead as they can’t withstand the attacks. So people really think they need to be a zerg/blob to do anything in this game.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Frankly: wvw is in a broken state.
Like I said before: It has been possible for our non TS pug to kill zergs twice our size in the past. We have been able to defend our stuff against zergs. Nowadays it’s all blobs, golems got buffed dwarfing every other siege, T3 can’t withold the amount of players – there basically is not much more than to fight blob with blob or doing GvG as defending is pretty much impossible. I really think that this is the key to make wvw “fun” again. Because people would learn that they can do stuff without being a blob, because not all hope is lost when being outnumbered and because the fights become interesting again.
If you just shovel players into lower tiers without blobs right now, they really get the impression that their server is dead as they can’t withstand the attacks. So people really think they need to be a zerg/blob to do anything in this game.

That is true that it doesn’t matter what price if there is nowhere for you to go to find decent action. But that is an entire truckload of issues that is beyond the scope of this particular issue.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Notsoperky.4291

Know why I left servers? (I’m on my fourth right now) because the people were bitter kittens who wanted to disable server transfers so they have a higher population and who sat around in a keep watching it being taken by the enemies because there was no commander around and who blamed each and everybody to be the reason why wvw sucks for them.
It doesn’t help if you guys from lower tiers start thread after thread showing the exact same behaviour as I wouldn’t want to join your “community”
And although I’m a wvw solo roamer who upgrades quite a lot I am pretty rich – even with only wvw I would be at 80 gold in 3 weeks max.

Sorry to disappoint, but I’m on two EU T1 servers.

Also, I don’t want to disable server transfers, far from it. I’d love to see a more even spread of players across servers, and more players coming in to wvw- but in order to do that, spreading out the existing player base isn’t the best option. Making wvw a more attractive place to play is- but one new map in 3 years and totally ignoring wvw adjustments, hacks, cheats , etc isn’t going to retain or bring back the players who left.

What’s 80 gold got to do with anything? I’m glad you can make 80 gold in 3 weeks solely doing wvw as a solo camp flipper, though the transfer fees are a lot more than that to anything other than a medium (ie dead) server. I suppose I could play guardian and spam 1 and maybe make that, if I don’t upgrade anything and don’t use foods and don’t try and get any runes, sigils, armor pieces, ascended stuff or any new weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Yes, like I said, they are dropping down and taking over lower tier servers, will move them to their newly established gvg tier and will make them stay there instead. Guild buying is still going on to accomplish this.

It isn’t solving anything however, because T1 , for example, really did not lose much due to everyone having alt accounts. Players having accounts on multiple full servers and putting alt accounts on other servers really doesn’t change much at all.

All that locking accomplishes long term is that more players leave the game due to :

Depending on the server:
We have players logging in and sitting in ques the entire time they have to play not being able to play at all.

All that locking players out of being able to play with others does is ensure they leave faster. Not everyone plays the game at the same time. Players leaving their accounts on full servers and having alts on other servers does not solve much of anything. Don’t bother asking friends, coworkers, or family to come play with you, if your server is locked, which is the majority of players playing.
RIP

Complete non-sense to be honest.

That’s exactly caused by players stacking onto the high-populated ones and leave the lesser servers a desert land.

Again, due to players being able to stack onto high-populated servers that are now marked as full

Same as above, stacking to servers which now will be lessened by the new system

Same as above

Save as above

NA Tier 1 was made like this because of internal transfers/match manipulation. I remember some one actually posted that they loved fight against each other week after week in that tier. Now it won’t happen because you can’t transfer in between these servers to ensure that stupid balance. Once certain server starts to fall behind you will get chance to see rotation of servers happen.

You transfer to the same server, only 5 out of 24 servers are full in NA.
As new and old players gradually move to the 6th and down below. They will be made much more populated and provide way better experience.

Same as above.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

in WvW

Notsoperky.4291

If you get rid of servers, and allow guilds to form alliances on their own, you solve all of the population problems and give players a fair, balanced, competitive match every week. Also, players get to discover new allies each week while keeping their core alliance intact. (There of course has to be a limit to the size of an alliance, and alliance size should be determined not by headcount, but the player hours spent in WvW.) The matchmaking algorithm for this is quite doable. You can also consider not just how many WvW hours a guild plays, but when they are active in the 24 hour clock to help balance coverage.

The coolest thing about Alliances over Servers is they are so fluid, and allow players to self-balance, and guilds to find new partnerships, and dissolve failing ones.

Here’s what happens in an alliance style game: one alliance starts winning, everyone transfers/joins that alliance, it wins by even more, and eventually there is virtually no opposition to the leading alliance. Seen it happen on several games.

Players don’t auto balance, they go where the winning is easiest or where the greatest ‘rewards’ are.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Sorry to disappoint, but I’m on two EU T1 servers.

Also, I don’t want to disable server transfers, far from it. I’d love to see a more even spread of players across servers, and more players coming in to wvw- but in order to do that, spreading out the existing player base isn’t the best option. Making wvw a more attractive place to play is- but one new map in 3 years and totally ignoring wvw adjustments, hacks, cheats , etc isn’t going to retain or bring back the players who left.

What’s 80 gold got to do with anything? I’m glad you can make 80 gold in 3 weeks solely doing wvw as a solo camp flipper, though the transfer fees are a lot more than that to anything other than a medium (ie dead) server. I suppose I could play guardian and spam 1 and maybe make that, if I don’t upgrade anything and don’t use foods and don’t try and get any runes, sigils, armor pieces, ascended stuff or any new weapons.

I was annoyed by all the whining about the “dead servers” going on on this forum lately – and you seemed to chime in. Sorry if you didn’t.
And yes, 80 gold = 500 gems is to transfer to another medium server. I’ve been to a server now classed as medium, have friends on that server and played against them this week. They were and are far from being dead. They don’t blob 24/7, sure, but you get some decent action during prime time. If you can’t play during that time then chose a medium NA server.
(I’m a thief – ever seen the nodes in wvw? Farm them as well as the NPC mobs)
Edit: Forgot, yes I’d have to stop upgrading stuff and would have to run with the zerg/blob from time to time.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Complete non-sense to be honest. ( SNIP due to being maxed)

1) Server stacking isn’t why there is no one to play with or against in non prime hours, it is there are too many servers and not enough players to fill all servers for non peak hours. The only way to resolve " coverage wars" is to remove the number of servers or change wvw from being linked to servers at all.

2) You can have ques on servers during Peak hours and still be able to solo keeps in non prime hours.

3)You can have players that only play during OCX matched up against servers who only play NA prime so both servers get face rolled during different times zones, not due to server stacking.

4) Closing of the full servers does not stop server stacking, they just invade a low server and stack it instead.

5) The people match fixing have multiple accounts on multiple full servers, closing servers does not effect them, it only prevents new players from changing that.

6) You assume you only have one person you wish to play with? I am a leader of multiple guilds, one of which is hundreds of players, I am to ask them all to move and move their family and friends so I can play with my sister? Who would we fight against since most of our players are not peak hour players? Our guild pins multiple maps at once multiple times day since we raid more than one timezone daily. There would not even be anyone to fight during our timezones, what would be the point in that? We would not even be playing as there would be nothing to actually fight on other tiers.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Seeing all the angry posts from JQ and BG players warms my heart.

You’re not supposed to like this, it’s targeted specifically at you. It’s a long awaited solution to the problem OF you. Packing more and more people on to very few servers isn’t a good thing, we know you like winning. You’ll continue to win for quite some time.

But you’re done stacking.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Maybe for NA, BG and JQ blobfests might annoy you but OCX is an entirely different ball game. Right now, JQ might queue 1 map, TC queues 0, BG queues 0, 1 if lucky during OCX. There are less than 10 OCX guilds in the top 6 servers that actively raid in WvW.

Think about that for a second. Less than ten guilds across 6 servers, and they aren’t all massive guilds like OnS/SE/KILL.

Maguuma has more GvG guilds than that in NA and that’s 1 server.

OCX is already bloody ghost town outside of T1, this change literally screws over every new OCX player looking to play in WvW that actually has enemies to fight.

THAT is what we are complaining about.

I still think T1 is mostly siege humping blobbing pos but when you play when I play which is OCX, your choices are severely limited if you want a REAL wvw experience.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

1) Server stacking isn’t why there is no one to play with or against in non prime hours, it is there are too many servers and not enough players to fill all servers for non peak hours.

2) You can have ques on servers during Peak hours and still be able to solo keeps in non prime hours.

3)You can have players that only play during OCX matched up against servers who only play NA prime so both servers get face rolled during different times zones, not due to server stacking.

4) Closing of the full servers does not stop server stacking, they just invade a low server and stack it instead.

5) The people match fixing have multiple accounts on multiple full servers, closing servers does not effect them, it only prevents new players from changing that.

6) You assume you only have one person you wish to play with? I am a leader of multiple guilds, one of which is hundreds of players, I am to ask them all to move and move their family and friends so I can play with my sister? Who would we fight against since most of our players are not peak hour players? Our guild pins multiple maps at once multiple times day since we raid more than one timezone daily. There would not even be anyone to fight during our timezones, what would be the point in that? We would not even be playing as there would be nothing to actually fight on other tiers.

Basically what you are saying is that we already have a very large community that can’t be moved anywhere, but we still want to grow even larger.

But since your community already has that many people, I would call that a very healthy number and that is enough for you to enjoy playing with. Old players indeed slowly phase out and quit the game. But once the number of your community drops to the threshold, the new system will recognize it as very high instead of full. You can recruit back to be your original size again.

The system essentially puts a limit on how big the already large community can grow. IMHO, it is a very good thing. It’s unfortunately human nature in a competitve game mode like WvW to stack onto the already large side to get easy wins. This puts lesser community in a very difficult position. Such natural human behavior will simply make the WvW more and more imbalanced. History of WvW also says so. I am a NA tier 2 players. We always had a short period of balance and then quickly got broken due to bandwagoning. If a full status was put on those bandwagons in time, we would have much less of a problem.

Surely as you said they can stack low servers as well. But stacking on low-populated server is actually not as kittentacking on an already high-populated server. Because now you have an enforced full status that means all the high-populated server will converge towards that norm. Tier after tier will be slowly filled up and reach a balanced state.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

we know you like winning.

Actually, for overwhelming majority of the players, we just like having action and people to fight all hours of day & night. T1 servers are what WvW is supposed to be like, servers packed with people so when you have a day off, you could login during the day and find action. When you can’t sleep one night at 2am, you could login and find fights. T1 servers should be considered “healthy”, “vibrant” servers. They are servers to model after. Not some toxic crazy imaginary things that people like to say about T1.

Honestly, players should not be demonized for wanting to be on servers where they can find action and fights. And no I don’t consider PvDoor action, and PvD is what all those “medium” servers give you. Even “High” servers have very poor non-NA coverage, so again if you don’t play during NA, you aren’t going to find good fights on servers outside of T1 and some T2.

Anet should be encouraging full servers, and merge all those low pop servers because we all know this game has too many servers for its current WvW playerbase. They’re doing all these workarounds, sorry but people from Full, Very High, and High servers are not going to transfer to empty servers to PvD. They’ll quit first, which is what they’ve been doing slowly for the past few years.

So sure, we like to win, but we like to win fights and battles. Nobody on JQ I know of enjoys PvD and we get bored to death when there are no fights around. When there are no good fights, people actually logoff and do something else.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

We’re not trying to win we’re trying to play the kitten mode…

is it that hard to imagine what it is to play on a server where you don’t have enough players just to play the kitten map?

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Seeing all the angry posts from JQ and BG players warms my heart.

You’re not supposed to like this, it’s targeted specifically at you. It’s a long awaited solution to the problem OF you. Packing more and more people on to very few servers isn’t a good thing, we know you like winning. You’ll continue to win for quite some time.

But you’re done stacking.

I am not worried about us winning.. I am on the server that is in the best position to be locked. LOL I am more concerned about the game dying due to new players coming in and having no one to play with and leaving due to there being no coverage on lowest tiers, and no sign of that changing due to the actual number of players who play outside of NA prime. I am more concerned about players being able to play with their friends, families and guilds, people play many mmorpgs together, their guilds play multiple games, if they are unable to play with their guilds, their friends, they will just play a game they are able to do so.

It isn’t " stacking" to play with your guild, friends and family, it is called enjoying the game during the time you are able to play it. Why would people play a game where they are unable to spend quality time with their friends and family? Oh yea they don’t.
Instead of making it so players have people to play with and against whenever they log in, they are making a game that actually prevents them from doing so.

WvW / PVP ONLY