World Population Changes Are Coming

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

So a question for the poster who says his friends and family are on another “ghost town” server. Why weren’t they on your server to start? Why did they stay on a “ghost town” server for this long to all of a sudden, after ANet changed the transfer protocol, want to move to a server that has topped T1 for months on end?

She didn’t start the game until after my server was full, and has been at work during the small times it was open. She was waiting for a day off to be able to move over, now she is just looking for a new game for us to play together due to this. That is how it is now for anyone on a full server, they should not even bother asking friends family or coworkers to come play with them now since they will not be able to. Systems like this only ensure players go elsewhere to play games together instead of play this one. IF you can go to another game that not only does not charge you to play with friends, it also allows you to play with them all, why would you try to do so on one that doesn’t? ALL this does is send players elsewhere causing a decline in the game population further.

should have had read this first
just bought game 2 hours ago for my wife and realised my server is full, now transfering off wouldnt be a problem for me if not every god kitten very high pop server was (SP DE FR) international servers are all set as medium, well i know what its like to be on medium server in WvW no1 leads half the time its completely dead..

just remove this new “feature” its crap.

edit:
maybe merge some servers? i dont really have problem leaving my server but i would love too have a server where WvW is alive everyday not once in a week.. im on Farshiver peaks tbh its not full, yes theres a queue during prime time but thats only on the map where some1 is commanding if commander is only on a borderland ur likely free to join EBG..

but whatever first transfer off from FoW cus of a hacker where Anet is not doing a jackkitten for a month straight.
now im most likely forced to join lower tier server again where u barely find any action in WvW, just in order to play together with my wife.

its amazing.

edit again:
Lf EU server that has pretty much always some action going on during EU prime times..
it cant be a tagged SP DE FR server i want it to be an international server. Preferable not a easy mode WvW also (meaning run over your enemies like its nothing).
any1?

(edited by reddie.5861)

in WvW

Posted by: pareod.2635

pareod.2635

I am just concerned new players and returning players will think the population has dropped. The populations are the same if I understand correctly, the count is just ignoring everyone not participating in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

I am just concerned new players and returning players will think the population has dropped. The populations are the same if I understand correctly, the count is just ignoring everyone not participating in WvW.

correct but they had free transfers for ages, meaning ALOT of people already went to bandwagon by then. then we had paid transfers where more bandwagons went to these servers slowly. which is all fine i dont really mind but Anet doesnt seem to get it that other servers are quite empty and do not give the WvW feeling that the “full” servers on EU have.

most people who want to WvW have moved up the list to the full servers when they could the new players or people that want to expierence this wont be able too.
cus its not fill up 1 server u have to fill up 3 servers to have some fun in WvW unless u enjoy winning constantly without problems till u finally move up in tier.

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

It’s sort of a “kitten ed if you do, kitten ed if you don’t” situation, if you think about it.

They need to try to balance population somehow (within ‘tiers,’ at least) to get good matchups.

But they’ve gotta be hoping that some new people pick up GW2 when the expansion drops. And part of that is word-of-mouth from the current players base. Who’d probably like to play with their friends.

The old system allowed players who knew what they wanted to “sneak into” a Full server, given a bit of waiting (and probably an auto-clicker). This was a way of spreading populations around but created a loophole where entire guilds of dedicated WvW players could transfer as well.

The new system, AFAIK, plugs that hole, but at the cost of basically making Full servers bricked off to anyone new. At this point if I tell a friend about my WvW time and they want to join me, what’s their best option? My best guess is that they’d have to buy an existing account already on my server — which is against the TOS or at least strongly frowned upon, and means Anet’s not getting any money from them. But I can’t in good conscience just say, “Oh, yeah, go play on Eredon Terrace or whatever,” because that’s not the experience or the community that keeps me playing.

Now, what can you do? There’s pretty much no magic that will allow new players in but prevent existing transfers (also it seems like that would be unfairly punitive towards veterans looking to transfer, but that’s a different topic). Pretty sure every option is going to be an unsatisfying half-measure.

Currently, I’m not too jazzed about being shut up in a bubble like this, though. Making an end run around Full server status used to require a significant investment of both time and money. I suspect a lot of the folks transferring around would’ve just quit WvW if they couldn’t.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

(edited by ASP.8093)

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I hope this isn’t an attempt to spread WvW players out between all servers. There aren’t enough players interested in WvW to have them spread out. It’d end up only killing the servers that have already aquired all the players interested in WvW.

… I still want tengu.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

It’s stupid that they would scatter people when they need to be gathered! : )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

this is done in preparation for HoT. new players will come , and they will be directed to the lower tier servers.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

this is done in preparation for HoT. new players will come , and they will be directed to the lower tier servers.

If thats whats gonna happen, reckon there needs to be more ppl (at least in t8) to help receive them. I can imagine for most people, they are going to go to a t8 server and just log out immediately when there doesn’t appear to be anything going on.

Ev
[SQD]

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

If thats whats gonna happen, reckon there needs to be more ppl (at least in t8) to help receive them. I can imagine for most people, they are going to go to a t8 server and just log out immediately when there doesn’t appear to be anything going on.

For EU you can say T8 and T9. New players are gonna be really surprised when they end up in empty “suggested” servers thanks to our new crappy smoke and mirrors wvw population “measurement”. I mean in Underworld (EU T9) we’re having so much fun with our 5 wvw players! Such medium population ; )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

One thing that always irks me about the people stuck on lower tiers, is why cant everyone just get together, organize, and transfer higher up ?

Seriously. If T1 and T2 is filled go to T3 and T4, then so on. T3 and T4 will become filled and have a ton of more peeps to play with / against AND on top of that if they fill, there may finally be some movement and a break from stale match ups to boot.

All I keep hearing about it is completely BS invalid excuses like:

“I don’t have enough ghold…” seriously ? W T F ? It takes half a day in silverwastes to make enough to cover highest transfer cost. For real. If you are so casual that you cant do a half a day on your day off, then do like 5 hours 1 at a time. Done and done.

“I don’t have enough money …..” again, seriously ? If you are THAT poor should you even be playing games ? G T F O and get a job ! It takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes of work for most people to transfer off, its less then going to Starbucks 3 times for lunch. Again, W T F ?

And if you organize and move together not only will you preserve your community but double it in 1 move.

On top of that, as additional bonus, when there are only 2-5 people going into WvW daily A-Net will FINALLY do something about it on the servers that its happening on, but not until then, and its not gonna happen unless you guys get all together and make it happen.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

One thing that always irks me about the people stuck on lower tiers, is why cant everyone just get together, organize, and transfer higher up ?

Seriously. If T1 and T2 is filled go to T3 and T4, then so on. T3 and T4 will become filled and have a ton of more peeps to play with / against AND on top of that if they fill, there may finally be some movement and a break from stale match ups to boot.

“I don’t have enough ghold…” seriously ? W T F ? It takes half a day in silverwastes to make enough to cover highest transfer cost. For real. If you are so casual that you cant do a half a day on your day off, then do like 5 hours 1 at a time. Done and done.

“I don’t have enough money …..” again, seriously ? If you are THAT poor should you even be playing games ? G T F O and get a job ! It takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes of work for most people to transfer off, its less then going to Starbucks 3 times for lunch. Again, W T F ?

And if you organize and move together not only will you preserve your community but double it in 1 move.

On top of that, as additional bonus, when there are only 2-5 people going into WvW daily A-Net will FINALLY do something about it on the servers that its happening on, but not until then, and its not gonna happen unless you guys get all together and make it happen.

Sorry man I really don’t want to be mean with ya but you have LITERALLY no idea what you’re talking about.
We are already at 2-5 ppl in WvW here (for the past 4/5 months) and not a single kittycat is given by Anet. Our “community” is non-existent (at least in T9 EU) and at this point we just need a handout from Anet to fix us/merge us (been asking for it for months now).

But we SHOULD NOT have to pay for that move. This is the important part.

ANY business professor/manager/ceo/book will tell you that you NEVER force your customers to pay extra for something they should already have when they first bought your product.
That’s the shortest way to losing your customers.

Now you can think that we’re stupid for being stubborn that is your choice and I respect that. But please don’t assume that we’re not moving just because of money.

It’s the act of having to pay extra that is unacceptable, not the actual price of it.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

(edited by DiscoJacen.1590)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

It’s the act of having to pay extra that is unacceptable, not the actual price of it.

It’s not anet fault your server is deserted and they can’t force people to play on your server. So this really is in your hands.

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

It’s not anet fault your server is deserted and they can’t force people to play on your server. So this really is in your hands.

Had they made ANY form of statement that they were aware of the situation and wouldn’t do anything I would have agreed with ya. No all we get is promises. If they’re gonna be hypocrites about their interest in their game mode then it is normal we should expect them to take care of this problem..

When a server is empty, you close it and dump the players on the next server up. Every mmo game has done it, or something similar, at some point (ex: GW1 removed moving restrictions between servers when some countries started to dwindle in numbers). Plus it saves money for the developer because one less server to maintain online. So no it is their fault for not monitoring anything.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I play in Miller. We are classified as medium at the moment, and we also have bled a lot of good people recently who could not stand it anymore to be caught between the 17. and 19. place and be the plaything for the poor server that is forced to fight us with a much larger force than we can muster. This week GH drew the short straw to do battle with is, and i guess this is as much fun for us as for them I guess.

But I must say that your statement caused me to write something for the first time in this forum. Good work, dear sir!

*Even if I had enough gold to plaster the way to my house with it, I would never transfer as long as a fee is involved that allows Anet to make a profit out of a situation that should have been avoided from the start with a measure in the severity of the one now taken from Anet, although I freely agree that is a bad situation for people that sincerely just want to play with their friends on their chosen server.
*If you are able to grab 1000? gems out of the silverwaste in the half of a day only, you´re a much better player than I am. Or you really have the nerve to refresh your lfg whenever a SW nears completion or has a chestfarm run over 5 hours. Or you drew the lucky straw and got a pre. Or…

Have you thought about the idea that reasonable people, especially parents who have to take care of children and/or their elders, already work hard to finance trivial things like cars, houses or diapers and either don´t have the spare money or simply want to keep it for emergencies? Not everyone who does not throw money at stuff like this is poor or cheap…

3. You did not name it, but it is also a dead horse waiting to be beaten by people that like to stack on the higher servers: Server Loyality.
It´s not about server loyality, at least not for me. We´re really hard pressed to field a crew of 25 people, no matter which battleground, but I will stay on it for the reasons I stated above. I would welcome a solution for fair matchup and meaningful stuff to repopulate WVW, like leaderboards, guild recognitions and stuff like this.

TL;DR I realize we have a problem, but accusing people on T7 and lower to be responsible is as BS as saying that T1 soaked all the players by purpose.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Who’d have though putting an end to stacking would stop the blowout matches.. oh wait everyone.. well done on the algorithm.

So many people already left because of the terrible bandwagon problems. Finally a measure to stop the bads from overstacking.

Traded the gold I had sitting in the bank for gems.. love not having to pay anything extra to transfer. Have enough gems to try out 2 medium servers all for free… WOOT!

I’m pleasently surprised by Devona’s Rest. I’ve played with and against roamers every time I’ve logged on and theres actually tags and guild running each time too.. wow T8!

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Jana.6831

Had they made ANY form of statement that they were aware of the situation and wouldn’t do anything I would have agreed with ya. No all we get is promises. If they’re gonna be hypocrites about their interest in their game mode then it is normal we should expect them to take care of this problem..

When a server is empty, you close it and dump the players on the next server up. Every mmo game has done it, or something similar, at some point (ex: GW1 removed moving restrictions between servers when some countries started to dwindle in numbers). Plus it saves money for the developer because one less server to maintain online. So no it is their fault for not monitoring anything.

This change was for servers like you – it took really long for them to notice and to change, but they finally did and what do you do? Complain.
And technically the server wasn’t empty as before this change PvE and wvw counted as one population, so I guess you had enough people who signed up for underworld when they started to play and they counted towards your overall population.
So, give this time, things won’t change over night. And in the meantime ask your 5 fellow wvw players if you shouldn’t move to another medium server.

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

This change was for servers like you – it took really long for them to notice and to change, but they finally did and what do you do? Complain.

Please do not mistaken: Tried to do something positive and pretend like they did something.

Don’t you see that the ONLY thing they did was just change labels on servers? We just went from full to medium big woop. We’re not medium in WvW pop, we’re empty. They labeled everything as medium to avoid lowering prices too much and/or avoid admitting that there is a population problem. DO YOU REALIZE how kittened up that is?!

Existing people won’t migrate towards us. Why would they honestly? Would you?
So our last “hope” is new players who basically have to play a game of russian roulette by selecting a random suggested medium server when they create an account. I’m sure all the new arrivals will love it that Anet suggested to them an empty server.

No Jana they just changed the labels on severs, closing their eyes, and hopping the situation will resolve itself.

It won’t.

HoT is gonna release soon. They NEED to clean up the house before it arrives.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Jana.6831

snip

Another idea: quit the game.
Honestly you don’t get the point, any of you here complaining about no free transfers gets how delicate wvw and communities are.

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

snip

Honestly you don’t get the point, any of you here complaining about no free transfers gets how delicate wvw and communities are.

I’d laugh at that but I realized you’re actually serious.
I guess your in a good WvW server because clearly you have no idea what your talking about.
And yet looking at your posting history all I can see is that you have something against Tier9 players. We’re sorry if we’re bothering you with our problems.

Sorry I’m enjoying the game, I don’t think the Devs are Satan, I’m just pointing out flaws where I/we see them. And if I’m on these forums shouting ideas and stuff on a regular basis it’s because I care. I wouldn’t be here otherwise.
Here’s another though: you can also leave the forums and enjoy your well balanced WvW if talking about real problems is unbearable for you.

Why bother ruining your health with us eh? Clearly we’re beyond “reasoning” : )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Jana.6831

snip

I guess your in a good WvW server because clearly you have no idea what your talking about.
And yet looking at your posting history all I can see is that you have something against Tier9 players. We’re sorry if we’re bothering you with our problems.

Sorry I’m enjoying the game, I don’t think the Devs are Satan, I’m just pointing out flaws where I/we see them. And if I’m on these forums shouting ideas and stuff on a regular basis it’s because I care. I wouldn’t be here otherwise.
Here’s another though: you can also leave the forums and enjoy your well balanced WvW if talking about real problems is unbearable for you.

I transfered 3 times = I’ve been to 4 servers – I know what I’m talking about – I guess it’s you.
And you’re right – I shouldn’t bother
Edit: oh and I’m not on a gold server. I nerver wanted to be in gold, so all the servers I’ve been to have been bronze/silver. But the only time I would ask someone to lend me gold would be for a server transfer as nothing in this game is more important to me than a healthy server. And my first server has been indirectly destroyed by free transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

I kinda agree.. Free transfers doesn’t help at all. All ot does is encourage bandwagons.

And UW being medium is no more weird than Riverside being full. Sure it might be misrepresentative campared to other medium servers like Dzago or RoF but It’s still much choser to the truth than “very high” ever was.

Underworld – [ZERK]

(edited by Kungsmurfen.2861)

in WvW

ASP.8093

You know that was already the case, right?

Most of NA T1/T2 was “Full” unless you specifically waited around for it to open up. Which random newbies wouldn’t do, of course? (Why would you, unless you had the specific goal of playing on that server with people you already know?)

in WvW

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I kinda agree.. Free transfers doesn’t help at all. All ot does is encourage bandwagons.

Care to elaborate? I am seriously curious about this.

Looking at recent history, I kind of watched the rise of three servers that got pushes from players in an attempt to let them rise through the ranks, Gandara, Vizuna and Vaabi.

Vizuna, who were so low on the totem pole that they often had the uncomfortable position of fighting Miller/RoF/Dzago/Ruins of Surmia, now is reaching for Gold league. On their way up, they relatively easy demolished their usual enemies. I am pretty asure that this could not be a matter of sudden rise of player quality, but quantity.

Gandara was maybe 9 months ago, bottom silver league at best and was elevated through hard work of players(guilds) and probably lots of bandwagoners into a comfortabel Gold League position. Most people thought that they would challenge SFR or at least the big 3, but that ultimately failed.

Vaabi is then and when on the rise, but is ultimately stopped at the bottom silver league most of the time by the strongest bronze servers that are stuffed into silver and the lone real silver server that has to fight them.

I guess that every succesfull rise came from guilds that were willing to fight their way to the top. So if people see how a server rises and bandwagon it until it is full, how is this any different from the top 5 reaching their current position? Gold was probably only that bloated because there was no wall to stop bandwaggoners from arriving late at the party, but now there is one.
I also admit that I have no idea from organized GvG, but isn´t that group of people the most willing to pay horrible prices to join the best servers anyway, and with them already being there, would lose nothing with this?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The player-base has done a pretty good job within the past year of doing just that. The biggest problem, including PvE players in the server population calculation, has been solved finally. If that had been implemented in the past, servers near the top would have filled quicker and servers near the bottom would have not emptied out as much. Going forward we should see more servers start to fill up.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Qazmodon.1823

Qazmodon.1823

quote]

She* and what exactly is our " attitude" and play style you speak of? Yes, we require our members to run specific builds and classes and form proper parties, but so do many guilds that actually know how to play. I’m sorry if you think us not keeping players not willing to run proper builds and classes is a " bad attitude" but we would rather hold our standards than deal with players that do not play as a team.

[/quote]

yes and the fourth color block must be blue BLUE IT MUST BE BLUE

in WvW

Chaba.5410

She* and what exactly is our " attitude" and play style you speak of? Yes, we require our members to run specific builds and classes and form proper parties, but so do many guilds that actually know how to play. I’m sorry if you think us not keeping players not willing to run proper builds and classes is a " bad attitude" but we would rather hold our standards than deal with players that do not play as a team.

yes and the fourth color block must be blue BLUE IT MUST BE BLUE

Never played a team sport before, huh?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Stumbled across this video somewhere, can’t find an exact time date on it, but it contains about 5 minutes with the boss of WvW development talking, and he is referring to the server change so it should be pretty new.

If so, it sounds promising. Really looking forward to hear more about this.

There is about 1-2 minutes of Wolfineer talking first before you get John Corpening talking if you want to skip forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp1_zgyLmRs

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Best thing in that video: WvW will become the #1 priority after HoT is launched.

Hooray!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

snip

I transfered 3 times = I’ve been to 4 servers – I know what I’m talking about – I guess it’s you.
And you’re right – I shouldn’t bother
Edit: oh and I’m not on a gold server. I nerver wanted to be in gold, so all the servers I’ve been to have been bronze/silver. But the only time I would ask someone to lend me gold would be for a server transfer as nothing in this game is more important to me than a healthy server. And my first server has been indirectly destroyed by free transfers.

No, many of us have played on many servers, it isn’t him, or me, or the other people upset about them not resolving the issues.. it’s you. Telling players to quit the game because they expect to be able to enjoy it as others are able to after buying it? Seriously? No, players should not be punished for devs mistakes. Toxic players such as yourself telling them to leave if they want things fixed and accepting mediocrity served up on a silver platter add to the problems, not help resolve them. ( YES, People who tell others to quit because they expect problems to be solved ARE terribly toxic. If the game was filled with just people like that it would die very quickly. Players who tell people to quit can kill games long term) Players who want this resolved can speak for themselves and do not need you to speak for them and tell them they are wrong for just wanting players to play with and against and not be extorted extra money to be able to get what other players already receive for just the price of the game. For all the players who are already on full servers that do well, they do not have to pay extra to gain that experience, and NO we should not expect those who are unable to receive that due to developer error to pay more to receive the very basic game play of multiplayer games to be able to play the game with others.

If it bothers you so much that other players may want to actually have people to play with and against that you want to interfere with their enjoyment of the game by telling them to pay up and to leave, you are the one with a problem, not them. Get over it, people should be able to speak up about this current very unsatisfactory situation and do not need your permission to do so. People play massively multiplayer games to play with massive amounts of people, if they are advertising themselves as a MMORPG and not providing that experience of being able to play with and against massive amounts of players, it is on the devs to resolve it, not expect players to pay additional fees to get to where the players are, to suggest such is asinine.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Tongku.5326

Sorry man I really don’t want to be mean with ya but you have LITERALLY no idea what you’re talking about.
We are already at 2-5 ppl in WvW here (for the past 4/5 months) and not a single kittycat is given by Anet. Our “community” is non-existent (at least in T9 EU) and at this point we just need a handout from Anet to fix us/merge us (been asking for it for months now).

But we SHOULD NOT have to pay for that move. This is the important part.

ANY business professor/manager/ceo/book will tell you that you NEVER force your customers to pay extra for something they should already have when they first bought your product.
That’s the shortest way to losing your customers.

Now you can think that we’re stupid for being stubborn that is your choice and I respect that. But please don’t assume that we’re not moving just because of money.

I do have an idea, sorry I might have came off harsh, I left bottom servers when we got down to about 30ish at prime so did not wait that long.

My points however do stand, the 2-5 of you can very easily transfer off. Yes, you should not have to do it, I absolutely agree and do not blame you but A-Net. But you do have options, I can tell you after leaving the low tiers, that that half a day in silverwastes or whatever other farming is absolutely 100% worth it and makes up for being stuck in empty WVW within the 1st week after transfer. Hands down, no contest.

You shouldn’t have to do this, but you can and choose not to.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Maybe they should delete full servers and just send all players in other servers.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Maybe they should delete full servers and just send all players in other servers.

You still will not even out the populations that way, at least by having the top servers somewhat stabilized as far as population distribution during non peak hours, you will have the situation of making too many OCX, SEA, EU PST players on one server and not enough on others. ATM they are spread out at the top tiers more than they would if you reshuffle those again.

Basically what happens when you reshuffle the top servers again, you will have to wait another couple of years for it to resettle, whereas you can increase game play quality immediately for many more if you just remove the lower tiers and add them to the already settled down top tiers that have 24/7 coverage and an established community.

Removing the top tiers does not " suddenly resolve the problem" whereas removing the bottom tiers does at least offer immediate relief to the population distribution issues(coverage wars). Removing the bottom tiers is more like moving a guild to another server due to their low populations, where moving the top tiers is like moving a continent.

Personally I wish they would solve coverage wars and stale gameplay with one blow and disconnect wvw from servers all together.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Population being based 100% off glicko is such a terrible idea.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So, do you have any source for that being the only thing that the population is based around? Or are you just guessing?

Looking at the information available it seems very unlikely that it is decided 100% off glicko.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

So, do you have any source for that being the only thing that the population is based around? Or are you just guessing?

Looking at the information available it seems very unlikely that it is decided 100% off glicko.

Okay, so it’s heavily based off glicko.

I don’t know the exact percentage yet but what I know so far is that population barely matters at all anymore.

in WvW

Tongku.5326

Okay, so it’s heavily based off glicko.

I don’t know the exact percentage yet but what I know so far is that population barely matters at all anymore.

Only if you’re on T1 or exclusive EOTM / GVG player. Otherwise even in T2 it matters, ask regular WvW players on SOS then come back here.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Don’t you see that the ONLY thing they did was just change labels on servers? We just went from full to medium big woop. We’re not medium in WvW pop, we’re empty. They labeled everything as medium to avoid lowering prices too much and/or avoid admitting that there is a population problem. DO YOU REALIZE how kittened up that is?!

Yeah I think ANet should label your server “Empty”. I’m sure it’ll attract lots of WvW players that way.

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

Yeah I think ANet should label your server “Empty”. I’m sure it’ll attract lots of WvW players that way.

No it wont.
However they’ll be forced to do something about it(you’re not supposed to leave your servers in such a state). Plus it would reduce transfer prices even more (in the least)
By labeling empty stuff “medium” they can (and do) pretend that there is no problem and therefore do nothing to solve it.

gg wp

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

ASP.8093

The population labels should be:
Full
High
Medium
A Wicked Cool Tumbleweed Ghost Town Where You Can Have Cowboy Shoot-Outs

in WvW

Jana.6831

snip

I didn’t read everything of what you wrote – but I suspect you said the same like usual – so forgive me, please.

Thing is: What you and him call “for my satisfaction” will destroy the game for “everybody else”.
And I tried to explain it to you two but you just won’t listen.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

snip

I didn’t read everything of what you wrote – but I suspect you said the same like usual – so forgive me, please.

Thing is: What you and him call “for my satisfaction” will destroy the game for “everybody else”.

No, what you are promoting is what is ruining the game for everyone else, we just want them to actually solve the problem rather than break it worse. You are not understanding the impact of how these things actually work in the short term or long term.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

snip

Please stop. We obviously won’t agree on that so please don’t try to drag me into a reply again. I voiced my concern(s), you voiced your disagreement, now it’s up to the Devs.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: jason.9548

jason.9548

did the update the severs yet or give a date for this update?

P.S Fa is dead

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It went into effect last week.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Chaba.5410

did the update the severs yet or give a date for this update?

P.S Fa is dead

FA isn’t dead. YB got a massive influx of guilds from T1 right before this change went into effect.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: NyahMad.2134

NyahMad.2134

Hi can we get an update on this please? I’ve been waiting to transfer to FA for a while now, would appreciate it greatly if I could know when the model will be implemented and how it works. Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hi can we get an update on this please? I’ve been waiting to transfer to FA for a while now, would appreciate it greatly if I could know when the model will be implemented and how it works. Thanks

It was implemented almost two weeks ago, on the 28th.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

It was implemented almost two weeks ago, on the 28th.

And no one knows how far above the full threshold any of the full servers are. If way above could take awhile….. Fa and YB lost gvg guilds and remain full.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Anet could consider a server swap system modeled after a “looking for group” function where accounts on full servers can offer their space to someone on another server in order to try to accommodate players who have friends they’d like to play with stuck outside of their server.

For example: Player A is on TC and wants to transfer to DB. Player B is on DB and wants to transfer to TC because he’s coming back to the game after a long break to find that his guild had transferred to TC. Player A and Player B’s accounts can be marked as “swapping” so that when Player A transfers to DB, Player B only is allowed to transfer to TC.

I realize that such a system thwarts the goal of spreading population out and it would probably be gamed by guilds with alt accounts, but it might help players who are split from their friends for various reasons.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Of course it will end up people selling their “full” spots, but it could only happen once per account so maybe not too bad of a deal. Some of the buyers might be investing investing in a server slot instead of playing the TP…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB