Worst wvw player

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Seod.7924

Seod.7924

No matter what i do, i can’t win 1vs1
I have a avg ratio of 1 kill to 10 death for any 1v1. Just wondering if there’s some like me out there, that got any better?

I know the best tip is, continue practicing, you’ll get better. Thing is, i’ve been playing since launch date. I have all classes to 80 but main a Warrior (easy mode suposely) and a mesmer. I tried pretty much all build, zerker, bunker and condition. Haven’t tried a full cleric/healer yet on my war or guard but i doubt that’s the answer.

The only way i can get kills is if i follow the zerg or gank somebody, which really is dishonourable and cheezy. How can i improve my 1v1 ?

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

Golden rule, when one on one is simply too hard, bring friends!

Nothing dishonourable.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Maybe PvE is your thing.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Some basic tips:

- plan your dodges, use them around obvious enemy animations.
- use your abilities properly, don’t spam them.
- watch your conditions and their buffs.
- interrupt heals or other big casts if possible.
- use your class skills properly.

Also at the end of the day in WvW, you may be specced for zergs when they are specced for 1v1, which just puts you at a disadvantage. Make sure your spec compliments what you are doing.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

First off Warriors are not really good at roaming, but really really good at zerging as the main driving force with good survival, support and a bit of control. Your build and gear is another important factor ( even more important than skill ) you should work on that first.
Zerker warriors are hard to play and if you miss your combos you probably will die, because of the lack of survival.
Full soldier tank warriors are good for zergs, but you wont kill anything with it.
If you want to make it work id suggest you to try out a condition/heal sword/sword + bow build, which is more defensive and forgiving due to the high toughness and heal you got and you will slowly melt your opponents away with your conditions, also the mobility is nice because of your sword.

(edited by Gumby.1708)

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Without seeing your gameplay it’s hard to see what’s wrong. But maybe do some sPvP, you get more fights there.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Warriors are one of the best roaming classes due to mobility, sustain, and control.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

When roaming, you are likely to face other roamers — folks specced and geared specifically for that task. The learning curve can be steep. But it’s fun

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Well my first suggestion was to not play a ranger if that’s what you were doing. You said you have a warrior main though so I would say more sPvP. Try to learn the tricks the other classes use. Try out different builds and weapon sets. Find something that works for you. I have found that all of any one kind of gear isn’t usually the best. All tanky gear and you can’t kill anybody. All Zerker gear and your glass. Right now I am using full PVT armor with zerker trinkets melendru runes and lemongrass food+ dogged march so conditons and and immobilize don’t do much. Condition dmg and stacking seems to be the meta right now so I like clensing ire and quick breathing to remove conditions as well.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What server are you on?

If you are facing Piken, be glad to take you out and try a few rounds and give feedback.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

What server are you on?

If you are facing Piken, be glad to take you out and try a few rounds and give feedback.

This. If you’re on a server I’m fighting, or will be fighting during the rest of the league, I’d be glad to meet up with you in game and help you practice a bit.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

go to fightnight!! and just fight every1 you can and each time you lose.. just think ok what could i have done there to turn things around … and here is a strong warrior build for you! also you just run into a zerg and try to make it out the other side just keep doing that until you dont die anymore!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAS8ejkOtwpQyQMxBE0DNsK4iTBlQ9APmj4A-jkCBYLCyEEQ0yAUIwJPLaNBKglRFRjVXDT5SQWFLpSBwkyI-w

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Don’t feel bad, just hug zergs/towers/keeps and run away from all fights unless you have at least 3 times as many players. That’s what most WvW players do anyway, they just won’t admit it.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

Play spvp and watch videos of game play in spectate mode. Or watch youtube of good players in spvp or wvw.

Most people who “suck” at pvp lack situational awareness. Just pretend that’s there’s always someone out to kill you – probably true anyway.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Best way to learn how to beat another class one on one is to play that class in sPvP and learn at least its basic and usual tricks. Know what they look like. Know how they move like. Know when they’re about to unload and when they’ve just gassed themselves.

Lets you dodge them better. Gets super tricky if you have to play on poor graphics or such though…harder to read people.

You gotta understand though…a lot of WvW players don’t really care about honour (myself included), so don’t expect an honourable fight most of the time. Also, avoid throwing yourself against Bronze or Silver people until you get more practice, as they tend to have those odd WvW skills and stacks and such that make it even harder.

But yeah, if you really want fair fights…there’s PvP for that.

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I’m the worst WvW player.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

If you win 1 in every 10 matches, the person you win against has to be worse than you :P

On a more serious note, try using different professions. I had a very similar problem when I started playing this game. I win rate was very similar to yours on my warrior, but I tried different professions and now, on my 5th profession, im really comfortable with my ele in a pvp. It does take a fair amount of practise, though.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I have win 2 duels. Usually i try to run away until i die.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You’re going to duel me this week tho, right Junkpile? C’mon! I don’t stake, just down.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

There could be numerous reasons. But since this seems to be more of a general problem you might be the cause.

Are you using the mouse to turn and aim and your keyboard (WSAD) to move and trigger abilities?

If not, then improper controls are holding you back.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

roll a warrior
equip hammer/bow and healing signet
….
profit

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Well my first suggestion was to not play a ranger if that’s what you were doing. You said you have a warrior main though so I would say more sPvP. Try to learn the tricks the other classes use. Try out different builds and weapon sets. Find something that works for you. I have found that all of any one kind of gear isn’t usually the best. All tanky gear and you can’t kill anybody. All Zerker gear and your glass. Right now I am using full PVT armor with zerker trinkets melendru runes and lemongrass food+ dogged march so conditons and and immobilize don’t do much. Condition dmg and stacking seems to be the meta right now so I like clensing ire and quick breathing to remove conditions as well.

Ranger is actually one of the better roaming classes

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

Roll a Thief.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

My Warrior is geared and traited for zerg busting. That is what I do. I know I can’t beat anyone 1v1, but I can split a zerg in half and come out practically unscathed. I don’t see anything in dishonorable in that. It is something that is needed if you want to win a match.

There are plenty of warrior specs that are good for roaming but they aren’t insta-wins, it takes practice and timing. You can’t just spam skills as they come off cool down. Look at effective SPvP Warrior builds.

(edited by Chobits.2430)

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

go to your matchup’s fight club and watch — that’ll probably help. Plus, you can get lots of feedback afterwords from the spectators.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Hey, that does not mean yo are the worst WvW player. WvW is anything but not 1 vs. 1. I think there are a lot of things different from sPvP. Other(or no) cap at crit damage I think. Also the gear could be different(maybe a lot of ascended geared while you are exo only). Then some classes are stronger. I think thief and mesmer you it is very hard to 1 vs. 1 – you either lose(and if you are glassy you lose too fast) or you don’t lose… which does not mean you win. If they are low health they have lots of stealth and thief also can get away fast with shortbow. Not worth to 1 vs. 1 a thief. If I want to fight them I stay defending something and wait for them to come. If they run away… well most other classes I’d say: Running = they die. Cause they don’t pay attention to what’s happening behind them and if you can follow them fast you can finish them(they often already run at low health).

But thief you probably die. You run after him… suddenly he appears to have stopped running and comes out of stealth healed back up to kill you fast. Running away thief = trap he wants to make you think he is weak.

Always use 2 people against thief that each have an AoE stuff like engineer Big ol’bomb – good to rez teammate while thieves gos to stealth stomp.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

1) Pick one class, and practice with it. If you’re hoping from one class to another you’ll never be as good in a single class as someone that specializes on it.

2) Watch other players. There’s plenty of youtube videos of roamers. Pay attention to skill rotations, self combos, dodge timings, etc. Try copying a build you see someone running on the videos. That way you already have a decent build and a guideline on how to play it.

3) Work on keybinds. There’s not much time for clicking, try reworking your keybinds to something you’re comfortable with, and know where each skill is by heart.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Also at the end of the day in WvW, you may be specced for zergs when they are specced for 1v1, which just puts you at a disadvantage. Make sure your spec compliments what you are doing.

This would be the first thing I’d check also. If you want to duel, you must build for it.

You might try sPvP, but in my experience it is often mini-zerging without much 1v1.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Vaugh.7193

Vaugh.7193

It took me a year to get my first kill 1vs1. It was a warrior. Was it you?

Guild leader of As Stars We Belong [STAR]
WvW Commander of Blacktide.
@RaugoolGW2 on Twitter

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Here are a couple fights I have had on my warrior recently. Duels are not easy, but learning enemy weapons and their associated skills will help you greatly.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

My problem is that i don’t think at all when i fight. Some could say that i am in zone, but problem is that i don’t use right skills at the right time.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Stop keyboard turning?

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

“Warrior” isn’t OP. You can easily trait/gear one and be at a huge disadvantage. Start by copying a competitive build. Start with something tanky until you’re comfortable with the playstyle.

Playing every class isn’t necessarily a good thing. You should focus on mastering your chosen class and play the others enough to understand how they work. As you play your class more, you will be able to execute your abilities without having to think about it. That allows you to focus all of your attention on what your opponent is doing and work to counter him. Work on your combo attacks at the sPvP dummies until you can perform them flawlessly with muscle memory.

Don’t click any abilities or keyboard turn. Ever.

And of course practice solo fights. You will never learn how to duel in a zerg where other people can save you from your mistakes.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Roll a Thief.

I’d be embarrassed to roll a thief…takes little skill to live.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Play spvp and watch videos of game play in spectate mode. Or watch youtube of good players in spvp or wvw.

Most people who “suck” at pvp lack situational awareness. Just pretend that’s there’s always someone out to kill you – probably true anyway.

/thread.

Personally, it took me a while to kick the habit of not being aware because numbers. Went to play around in spvp until rank 33, realised how cool it is to kick kitten in a small group and applied what I learned in spvp to roaming.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Best advice I can give as a roamer/skirmisher: record yourself and play it back. Watching back footage gives you are better perspective which allows you to slow the fight down so you can break it all down.

The other suggestions about fight nights are good. Finding a guild that has their own arena is also good, but ultimately watching “game tape” is one of the best ways I know of to see mistakes and help correct them.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Someone said worst wvw player, so here I am. What do I win?

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I’m the worst WvW player.

I’m the worst on thief. I am so hilariously bad, that my guildies ask me to run thief to laugh at me when we are running havoc squads.

Fun fact: D/P is so broken, sometimes I even win fights.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

When roaming, you are likely to face other roamers — folks specced and geared specifically for that task. The learning curve can be steep. But it’s fun

I think this one leans closest to the truth. Roamers are a group of people specialized in killing people EVEN if they have twice as many numbers. This means they’re qualitatively better equipped, organized and experienced for small scale fights. Talking out of my experience. If you want to become a decent/amazing roamer, a lot of training goes into that (only a small percentage will ever reach decent, and even a smaller share will reach amazing – I’m top level in small group fights, cause I’m more of a supportive player, but rather decent on my own). I suggest you look for a roaming guild and have some experienced people to tag along with. You’ll learn best that way.
As for me, I think it took me at least until May 2013 (started August 2012) until I became a decent, good roamer. Still becoming better by the day though.

Edit: also, please get people who know what they’re doing to advise you a build [traits, armour, weapons, trinkets + runes/sigils & playstyle).

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

pro tip: Get a bunch of friends and go to heart of mist , find an empty server and duel them over and over and over. You will get better. honestly most players in wvw are bad at 1v1. Any one willing to 1 v 1 however will be pretty good. Stick to 1 class you like and duel as much as you can.

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

“Best advice I can give as a roamer/skirmisher: record yourself and play it back. Watching back footage gives you are better perspective which allows you to slow the fight down so you can break it all down.”

+!

When in the heat of a fight, it’s obvious there’s going to be mistakes – also obvious we don’t see them… analysing my own recordings allowed me to improve greatly :p

Someone else mentionned how you play with the mouse and keyboard – It definitively is a must to have a good key binding strategy, or multi-key mouse. Having all comps readily accessible, and be able to know exactly the best time to use them :p .

I would add – all classes have escape mechanism… escape might not be “honorable”, but part of wining 1v1 is about picking your fights… Sometimes, it’s just to get some air, so you can go back, sometimes it’s really just about going away
Some escape chains are more complicated than others… Just practicing them might make for faster reactions in combat. (ex. the Ranger’s most “standard” escape (sword) chain demands a pretty fast turn of the camera – mastering it might make it easier for a player to use camera angles)

As for sticking to one class, I’d say it depends on the player… yes, it is good to get some mastery of one class, but sometimes it is easier to learn how a class works to know how to counter it by playing it…

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

My first 1v1 I lost. I was a Mesmer, he was an Engineer. I died because I was built for PVE and had no condition cleanse.

The next day, I bring out my super phantasm Mesmer build. I kick kitten . Then the opponent, on the verge of defeat, runs away. Slow as a pig stuck in tar, I couldn’t catch up.

A couple days later, I duel again. This time I kick their kitten with super phantasm. I figure I fought an uplevel because he sucked. Yeah. Then I realized I am wasting my time dueling when I could be breaking zergs and doing mass murders.

Now, a few days later, I run a super specialized nuking Ele and burn zergs to a crisp. I tend to kill 10-20 people per zerg battle. I only fight when I’m in a group of 4 or more people, preferably ZvZ fights, the bigger the better. I die if I’m ever put in a 1v1 position. I suck at running so I usually can’t even escape. Oh but the kills I rack up….

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

The more you play the better you become. I will add that you just have to find the right class/build that suits you and the environment.

Until today I was hard attached to my bunker ranger. It was about the only thing I could play well in WvW. Now I have found a Guardian build that suits me and works well. However to find these nuggest I go through periods with other classes and builds that I see peeps play in videos and I just lose. These class/build combos are just not for me.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Worst wvw player

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

My first 1v1 I lost. I was a Mesmer, he was an Engineer. I died because I was built for PVE and had no condition cleanse.

The next day, I bring out my super phantasm Mesmer build. I kick kitten . Then the opponent, on the verge of defeat, runs away. Slow as a pig stuck in tar, I couldn’t catch up.

A couple days later, I duel again. This time I kick their kitten with super phantasm. I figure I fought an uplevel because he sucked. Yeah. Then I realized I am wasting my time dueling when I could be breaking zergs and doing mass murders.

Now, a few days later, I run a super specialized nuking Ele and burn zergs to a crisp. I tend to kill 10-20 people per zerg battle. I only fight when I’m in a group of 4 or more people, preferably ZvZ fights, the bigger the better. I die if I’m ever put in a 1v1 position. I suck at running so I usually can’t even escape. Oh but the kills I rack up….

You make it sound like you can either zerg or roam. I roam 99% of the time but I do hit the zerg v zerg when there is a good one going on . With my 1v1 build as a mesmer I really have no problem at all ‘killing’ in a zerg. The only problem I have when I zerg is manage my full inventory.