WvW Achievements are unrealistic

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Time to rez this thread again!

It has been over a year now. Many new living story achievements yet nothing for wvw. :/

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

And the point of doing that is? Why don’t you go through all 580 of them and drag them up too.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you’d say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

And the point of doing that is? Why don’t you go through all 580 of them and drag them up too.

I can ask you the same thing: what is the point to make a post to complain about something you don’t care? And btw it is 581, however, they are not threads but pages.

Anyway, if you reeeeeally need to know, it is a good thread with valid arguments and suggestions which if implemented would make our WvW achievements better. With that in mind, there is no reason to make a new thread about the same subject when you have one right here full with good and helpful content.

TL;dr: I still can voice my opinions, just like you did. I, for one, would like to see an improved achievement system for WvW. I can choose to stay in silence or voice and vote for whatever subject if I think they are for the best.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you’d say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

There is no situation you could ever encounter where a Simpsons quote isn’t appropriate.

No situation. At all.

in WvW

Posted by: Babacloanta.7640

Babacloanta.7640

From my point of view, in the beginning, main focus of Guild Wars2 was pve+spvp(e-sport). WvW was there just in case, in memory of GvG. They set big numbers for wvw achievements to not upset pve players and force them to play wvw and because they didn’t know how many players will play wvw.
Was more easy for Anet to set a high target and wait for real data. But even after 2 years wvw is still on second plan so I think that they’ll announce a big update for wvw in 2016 with new game GW3.
Off-topic: Broken q again? Give us real data, why you hide between words?

MEHMER – Seafarer’s Rest [EU]
Member of [DEEP]

(edited by Babacloanta.7640)

in WvW

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

New system:

Tier 1: +1 AP, Title: Donkeyslapper
Tier 2: +10 AP, Title: Ponyyanker
Tier 3: +25 AP, Title: Championslapper
Tier 4: +50 AP, Title: Ultimatespanker
Tier 5: +75 AP, Title: Yakslapper

R.I.P Kumu <3

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

New system:

Tier 1: +1 AP, Title: Donkeyslapper
Tier 2: +10 AP, Title: Ponyyanker
Tier 3: +25 AP, Title: Championslapper
Tier 4: +50 AP, Title: Ultimatespanker
Tier 5: +75 AP, Title: Yakslapper

First tier being 1 million kills, second tier 10 million kills, third 25 million etc.

Or at least that’s what I assume.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I’ve said it before, and I will repeat it here. We are aware of the problems with the WvW achievements and will be doing more to address them in the near future. Currently it is more complicated to solve the problems than I would like, which means we need to have a fully comprehensive solution before doing anything.

It was promised to change the WvW achievements for 2013 already, we are soon 8 months into 2014. I guess its save to say you wont change anything

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Read Devon’s response carefully. Notice he does not say that the achievements will be addressed in 2013 or 2014 or even 2015. He says “near future”. Now let us analyze that phrase “near future”. Can you ever reach that point? Tomorrow is the “near future” but so is next week, next month and if you take the word future over a long enough span of years 100 years can be considered the “near future” as well.

It was well worded satire and you have the same chance of killing those one million yaks that you do to reach the “near future”.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I don’t know why OP was infracted XD

Tour

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I’ve said it before, and I will repeat it here. We are aware of the problems with the WvW achievements and will be doing more to address them in the near future. Currently it is more complicated to solve the problems than I would like, which means we need to have a fully comprehensive solution before doing anything.

It was promised to change the WvW achievements for 2013 already, we are soon 8 months into 2014. I guess its save to say you wont change anything

Initializing ArenaNet PR Doublespeak Translator
beep
beep

Input?

I’ve said it before, and I will repeat it here.

Processing…

Output:

Stop pointing out our glaringly obvious lack of substantive improvements to WvW!

beep
beep

Input?

We are aware of the problems with the WvW achievements and will be doing more to address them in the near future.

Processing…

Output:

We’re stalling for time by pretending to care about your concerns without any intention of doing anything about it.
beep
beep

Input?

Currently it is more complicated to solve the problems than I would like, which means we need to have a fully comprehensive solution before doing anything.

Processing…

Output:

It’s complicated because it’s impossible to come up with a solution when there is no dedicated WvW development team and no budget allocated for improvements to this area of the game.

I have to kindly request someone take over running the “ArenaNet PR Doublespeak Translator” application in my absence as I’m likely on my way to another all-expenses payed vacation to the tropical paradise of BANanaville courtesy of our fine friends at ClubAnet. Don’t forget to run the BS scanner once per week. Cheers

P.S. If you like this post, you might want to quote it as it’s likely going to…ehem…disappear very soon.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

beep
beep

Input?

Processing…

Output:

Stop pointing out our glaringly obvious lack of substantive improvements to WvW!

beep
beep

Input?

We are aware of the problems with the WvW achievements and will be doing more to address them in the near future.

Processing…

Output:

We’re stalling for time by pretending to care about your concerns without any intention of doing anything about it.
beep
beep

Input?

Currently it is more complicated to solve the problems than I would like, which means we need to have a fully comprehensive solution before doing anything.

Processing…

Output:

It’s complicated because it’s impossible to come up with a solution when there is no dedicated WvW development team and no budget allocated for improvements to this area of the game.

This demo seems legit, where can I get the whole thing?

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Thread closure in 3 – 2 – 1

Nice one mods instead of doing that other thing which people have started noticing now, you now choose to close threads to prevent them from being necroed.

Trust me we already think you are the worst publisher ever! You dont have to worry about your image, we dont think highly of you any more.

All you’ve done is surprised us. We thought you couldnt get lower, but you proved us wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Alvain.7364

Alvain.7364

beep
beep

Input?

Processing…

Output:

beep
beep

Input?

Processing…

Output:

beep
beep

Input?

Processing…

Output:

I have to kindly request someone take over running the “ArenaNet PR Doublespeak Translator” application in my absence as I’m likely on my way to another all-expenses payed vacation to the tropical paradise of BANanaville courtesy of our fine friends at ClubAnet. Don’t forget to run the BS scanner once per week. Cheers

P.S. If you like this post, you might want to quote it as it’s likely going to…ehem…disappear very soon.

Love it! I’m guessing this might be my second holiday from the forums, but it’ll be worth it.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Thread closure in 3 – 2 – 1

Nice one mods instead of doing that other thing which people have started noticing now, you now choose to close threads to prevent them from being necroed.

Trust me we already think you are the worst publisher ever! You dont have to worry about your image, we dont think highly of you any more.

All you’ve done is surprised us. We thought you couldnt get lower, but you proved us wrong.

Hey, censorship worked so well for all those despots, dictators, and tyrants all throughout history, right?

Oh, wait…

If you haven’t figured it out yet mods/ArenaNet/NCSoft, censoring/deleting posts isn’t going to magically make all the icky feelings go away. All it’s doing is further cementing your reputation as one of the worst game forums on the net. You think that shutting down criticism means you’re going to kill the message? ROFLMAO!!!

This is the age of social media. Every message you censor/delete just gets amplified 10 times over on all the other outlets you don’t control. You’re shooting yourself in the foot with the out-of-control censoring and unwillingness to listen to constructive criticism.

The players criticizing you are doing it because they actually care about the game! Wake up! Your critics are a RESOURCE, not a liability. When people stop complaining, that signals the day your game has died. Censoring just hastens the process.

The threads are being necroed to:

1) Ask for an update or any communication what-so-ever on the state of WvW.

2) Because there are legitimate suggestions contained in those threads.

3) To serve as a wake up call that a portion of your community is being ignored.

All valid reasons for necroing them. WAKE UP!!!

“You can kill the messenger, but not the message.”

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Nope they are killing the message and banning the messenger instead. In their eyes everything is awesome and so is this!

Man that song so suit Anet, I really wanna make a parody but I cant sing