WvW Crashes and Re-Queues

in WvW

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

So lately, my GW2 has been crashing about 2-3 times a night, only in WvW. I can PvE or PvP all day long without issue.

So of course, I keep getting booted out of WvW. it doesn’t matter how fast I reopen GW2, im back in LA by the time I login. So while my guild is WvWing, im sitting in a half hour queue, 2-3 times a night. Fun.

Cant we DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS? Cant we have a 3 minute grace period to remain in WvW after a crash?? I dont even care if it auto-kills me, I just dont want to have to sit through primetime Queues three times a night because the game is unstable.

PS: for the record my rig is totally stable and I update my gcard drivers on the reg. I can play any other game w/o issue, my OS is stable, and even GW2 PvE/Pv kitten table, its just WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: xTiMeBoMBx.2863

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

yep the long queue is going to be the downfall of WvW. Less and less people will want to waste their time doing nothing but wait, especially if they got work in the morning,

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

anet isn’t to blame for long queues tho, transfer guilds who insist on stacking servers at the top are to blame for long queues.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

what queue? I’m in T1 and there aren’t any?

in WvW

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

they need to give us a 3min grace period where we can relog in the same borderland when we dc

in WvW

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Sounds like a great way to make the queues even longer. What if that person who crashed doesnt come back?
But they need to figure iut the crashes in wvw. Keep hearing about them. I get them now too when I never used to.

The LOVE asura <3

in WvW

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

The March WvW patch introduced a crashing bug related to the culling fixes.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Game-Crash-in-WvW/first#post1807888

I never used to crash before the patch and now it is typical to get 1-2 during 4 hours of WvW, all with the error detailed in this thread.

The work around is to set the WvW culling settings to lowest. Sucks for the visuals but it is better than a crash on reset night and not being able to get back in with your guild for 2 hours

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

in WvW

Posted by: PatrickMera

PatrickMera

Next

Just a heads up, in case you turned down your WvW settings as a workaround for this: the fix for the crash went in this morning, and we haven’t seen any occurrences since.

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Just a heads up, in case you turned down your WvW settings as a workaround for this: the fix for the crash went in this morning, and we haven’t seen any occurrences since.

Thanks for heads up. I wondered what that patch was for

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Crashing still occurs, no less than 7 players in my guild crashed at the same time in Greenbriar tonight. They are running with WvW character quality to lowest. Other guild members also have crashes when they are close to water… either getting in or out of it.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

I’ve crashed twice in the last week, a second after turning down my graphics settings from auto detect to best performance.. related?

Had the message ‘a serious error ect ect ect, submit a report to anet’

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Thanks for the update Patrick but as of last night, the crashing was still happening. One particular instance, somewhere between 8-10pm ET last night, during a tower fight (so not even the water bug crash), a group of about 10 people on Fort Aspenwood all had the game crash simultaneously. I know a few of us submitted crash reports.

Hopefully the crash reports will give you something to isolate the issue.

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in WvW

Posted by: PatrickMera

Previous

PatrickMera

For those that are still reporting groups of players crashing in WvW, what is the error message that you’re getting?

in WvW

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Got the same one Marcus referenced above, a serious error message. I submitted a crash report at the time, in case you can look it up by my ID. If it happens again tonight, I’ll take a screenshot and send it in

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Cry To Bleed.2150

Cry To Bleed.2150

It actualy fixed itself for me a month(or maybe 2months) ago(used to get it often). But today i managed to get 3 in 30mins, so yeah ofc it made me want to log off(and so I did).So whatever you did, please undo it.
edit: just spent 2h in wvw without any dc’s ,so i guess it’s back to normal. (got skill lag, but that’s a story for some other time and place)

(edited by Cry To Bleed.2150)

in WvW

Posted by: Bjond.3581

Bjond.3581

Not a crash, but I did get punted from the green BL last night and my character was rolled back about 15m (previously mapped spots were unmapped on reenter). The error was something like “login server connection lost, this is usually due to bad firewall settings on your router or campus network.”

Only the connection to that one BL that I was on had this issue. I could log back into other BLs, mists, and LA. Roughly 15m later, I was able to return to the green BL again and noticed my mapping had suffered a rollback. However, the total accumulated skill point count for my character had not rolled back; ie. I was able to get the same skill point twice, which is a slight advantage to my character on skill-point gathering and a slight disadvantage on the mapping progress. I was unable to determine if I had lost items — I don’t know if I had acquired any items during the rollback period (if so, it was only petty junk).