WvW EU Links, what is going on?

in WvW

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

Well, i really do not understand, so i am here asking and i hope some Anet guy will be so kind to give us an answer, there is any logical behind the current links?

How is possible that SFR got unlinked while FSP and Piken got linked?

I really got the feeling you guys link servers on purpose beacouse that is a nice way to force ppl to transfer rather than try to figure out a way to balance the ladder and bring fun (and bit of competition) back to WvW.

Think about it, really, beacouse gems are nice but ppl are getting bored.

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

(edited by ilmau.9781)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Match up thread

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Well, i really do not understand, so i am here asking and i hope some Anet guy will be so kind to give us an answer, there is any logical behind the current links?

I really got the feeling you guys link servers on purpose beacouse that is a nice way to force ppl to transfer rather than try to figure out a way to balance the ladder and bring fun (and bit of competition) back to WvW.

I quoted the Anet explanation here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/I-don-t-understand-the-EU-links/first#post6510299

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

I quoted the Anet explanation here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/I-don-t-understand-the-EU-links/first#post6510299

ok i have read your answer and i understand that they are going to link servers in order to try to balance every single matchup, and in their imaginary world this could be a nice solution, but reality is little different. In fact to balance tier 1 servers (for example) and to balance i mean to try to create a matchup with 3 factions of more or less the same side, they are just sacrifying all the rest. Going this way they are completely cutting off any chance for low tier servers to go up so there is no motivation and no goal to pursue, the only goal actually left in WvW is to farm achievements. And for that there is already EOTM… so, i am asking again to Anet, what is the logic behind this kind of decisions?

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

in WvW

Posted by: Skieds.6781

Skieds.6781

ok i have read your answer and i understand that they are going to link servers in order to try to balance every single matchup, and in their imaginary world this could be a nice solution, but reality is little different. In fact to balance tier 1 servers (for example) and to balance i mean to try to create a matchup with 3 factions of more or less the same side, they are just sacrifying all the rest. Going this way they are completely cutting off any chance for low tier servers to go up so there is no motivation and no goal to pursue, the only goal actually left in WvW is to farm achievements. And for that there is already EOTM… so, i am asking again to Anet, what is the logic behind this kind of decisions?

So they’re just removing any possibility for a server to climb up the ladder, deciding which server belongs to which tier by the linking. The linking aim should be to try to make ALL the servers with the same population, so it’s the skill and quality of players that decides the tier and not the numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: HiddenRage.7408

HiddenRage.7408

Ahhhh, the sweet sound of SFR getting rekt

Representing RoF. For Johnny Cash!
What I miss most about old LA (pre-destruction) was
killing people with a portal from the top of the bank.

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Match up thread

The ANet way of telling us: “Stop annoying us and go to PVE”.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We are closing this thread as Match Up threads are not allowed.