WvW Enrichments?

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Q:

Why do the WvW amulets have an enrichment slot instead of an infusion slot?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

A:

From the OOS AMA by the devs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/d5s3q7s

Q: …is there a specific reason the amulet infusion slot has been replaced with the enrichment slot instead of just… well, having two slots? I have to get a bit more AR for 14 characters now, which is quite the hassle, just because the amulet slot is gone. Was it a technical limitation you didn’t get around reasonably or was it simply a choice?

Developer response:

A: It was a systemic limitation.

With the change to infusion slots which let players place any Infusion into any Slot, we couldn’t keep both kinds of amulets.

[it] actually takes fewer +1 Agony Infusions to get 150 AR post-patch. To get 150 AR now, you only need to make 12 +8s and 6 +9s. You don’t need +11s or +10s anymore.

If you currently have a set of +11s and +10s, you can take those to the new vendor in the Mistlock Observatory to break them down into +9s and +8s. Once you’re down breaking them down, you should have enough Infusions to get 150 AR and still have 2 +9s left over.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/d5s372q

Q: Is there any way to add a WvW Infusion refunder for laurels since the new infusions slots now allow for any type of infusion, the defensive infusions are pretty useless now.

And the dev response:

A: No plans for that. Those infusions are still functional, even if they’re not meta, and refunding laurels is tricky because those can convert to gold.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Jii Nen Girith.5730

Jii Nen Girith.5730

Because of the last update

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Korgov.7645

What do fractals have to do with WvW?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

How often do you use Utility infusions in wvw?

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

What do fractals have to do with WvW?

^ this.
@anet: Quit trying to make me play your stupid kitten pve by removing things I’ve earned through WvW. Either add the new infusions to the WvW laurel vendor or let me slot the ones that you removed from my gear and mailed back to me.

Seriously…. how did you not learn that it was a bad idea to try and force players out of the game modes they enjoy into your grindfest pve after the HoT mass exodus?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: kroter.1326

kroter.1326

I bet that +15% karma enrichment is considered as a WvW enrichment by Anet.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Anet hasn’t learned a thing. How does a Magic Find infusion help in WvW? I now have 6 infusions I can’t use because Anet couldn’t be bothered to refund the laurels as they should have. Huge mistake on the part of Anet…again…especially as it relates to people who primarily WvW…again.

I will be kitten ed if I pay 20+ laurels for an “enrichment” infusion.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Don’t we get refunded our infusions or laurels? Or did they just wipe them out and place a blank new slot in?

I expect refunded (either infusion or laurel value), but am not able to log in yet, but it would kitten me off otherwise as my account is presently time gated to laurels, and taking away anything forcing me to spend more is just lazy practice.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Never. And that’s the point really. The WvW amulets used to have defensive or offensive infusion slot.

Add to the insult no enrichment infusions were added to the WvW laurel vendor.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Pulsefire Jayce.4753

Pulsefire Jayce.4753

We don’t. We got shafted by Anet, yet again, and will now have to choose between Magic Find or Karma.

Anet please make some enrichments that are for WvW ONLY. Stuff that will help us WvWers out, not this kitten PvE kitten.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Did they at the very least refund the currency that was spent on infusions ?

I seriously hope they didn’t over look that part of the scenario while bending us over and going in dry.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I seriously hope they didn’t over look that part of the scenario while bending us over and going in dry.

Nope. They just gave you the infusions back. That’s it. I now have a pile of infusions I can’t sell, salvage, or use.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Nope. They just gave you the infusions back. That’s it. I now have a pile of infusions I can’t sell, salvage, or use.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL rekt, gg Anet.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It is a an awful change that completely overlooked WvW.

A refund would be nice, though I would also take an actually useful utility infusion.

Like I suggested in the other thread, the xp infusion should boost WxP too, as experience from kills doesn’t even count in WvW, and being a level 80 item it makes little sense for xp from kills anyways.

Chances are I will just put the infusions in other rings/earrings that could be used as alternate stats, but not too happy.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The change isn’t a big deal but like most here I would like my laurels back since those can only be earned by playing daily.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Come on people…its one infusion per character you have…
In full ascended gear its 1 out of 14.

Put them in storage until you need them for a new set of ascended trinkets/armor/weapons. Ya know, along side all your other not-so-precious ascended trinkets you have filling a tab, but at least these will stack.

Now past the crying, is it just the utility infusions that can go on them that we currently have? Or is there new things I might find interesting?
Thinking the most obvious current utility is magic find or karma for wvw.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Has anyone checked if we have any ascended accessories with the HoT stat combos accessible yet? Or is that still locked behind raid only content… still

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

Put them in storage until you need them for a new set of ascended trinkets/armor/weapons. Ya know, along side all your other not-so-precious ascended trinkets you have filling a tab, but at least these will stack.

Now past the crying, is it just the utility infusions that can go on them that we currently have? Or is there new things I might find interesting?

Let’s say someone has one of each class, and an ascended amulet per character. That’s 45 laurels worth of infusions now rendered worthless. It takes 28 days of logins to obtain that amount of laurels, assuming one takes the plentiful laurels on day 28.

It’s not unreasonable for people to be upset that those laurels have basically gone down the toilet.

As others have said, surely it wouldn’t be asking too much to allow us to sell those infusions back to the vendors at sale price? Mailing you your now-useless infusion isn’t much of a refund…

Gandaran.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Ahh, let’s all spend 1k+ gold on another set of ascended that we may or may not need to deal with this out of nowhere change.

I’m just finishing up a set of ascended armor; I don’t really have any urge to touch that stuff any time soon.

And all for what? Karma? No thanks. I have 8 million and I assume many people have more since I actively try to get rid of it. Converting that crap to usable currency is such a waste of time it might as well not be done at all unless one wants RSI. All it really serves is for the mystic forge daily.

MF in WvW when it doesn’t work on containers anyways? I guess that spike might turn into a blue. Maybe. That’s the other problem— they didn’t really give us anything interesting to replace it with.

It’s not just the infusions either. I had an amulet that I got solely to swap for fractals (put agony resist) in it. With this, it is completely useless, and now I have to find a blank zerker ring to do the same purpose…. until they screw with it again.

In another story, I also have (had) WvW amulets on each character with wvw infusions to separate them from the utility infusions. Now, I can’t blame them that much because yes, ascended can be swapped around. Of course, having to go swap gear just to play your character every time isn’t exactly I consider acceptable at all.

Whatever, It still sucks. Good for bringing on the guilt trip though.

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So infusions can’t be used in the new slot and we haven’t been refunded the significant amounts of laurels we spent on infusions. Another bigkittento WvW from anet.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: OldJanx.2683

OldJanx.2683

as always, anet hates wvw and broke our stuff while making room for better fractal crap.. qq.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

What sucks is for those of us that have several 80’s with ascended neck pieces ( I think I have 14 equipped at present). And all of my infusions were WVW offensive infusions (either condi or power). So yeah.. a refund would be nice, but I would rather have the ability to put back in offensive infusions (rather than a useless utility).

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Why would one create these tedious tasks for players to waste time on?

Is +5 offenses or +5 defense vs utility infusion worth the update?

As if reequipping characters for such trivial among are fun things to do.

This is totally annoying.

Fire Water Air
FA

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

At least give me back my laurels ?(`?´)?

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This was a stupid nerf from Arenanet. Please let us normal infusions also on amulets.

I have no interest in fractals and I really do not need any more karma either.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Still missing a response. Come to think of it, none of the possible answers is appealing.

1. It was an oversight. Oops, sorry. The game is just too complex to get any changes in without iteration.
  2. The developers have carefully evaluated the feature from WvW point of view and this feature actually makes things simpler in WvW context.
  3. PvE developers didn’t like how their Golem Rush/Repair Hammer/Cannon Blueprints/Vertical Design ideas were received and now they’re are taking a kitten on WvW players.
  4. Fractals has the priority and whatever makes the Fractals tick better can trample lesser game modes, like WvW.

Sorry for the bitter tone. Maybe there is a perfectly good answer around the corner.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

A developer on reddit, when asked about the possibility of refunding laurels for WvW infusions: “No plans for that. Those infusions are still functional, even if they’re not meta, and refunding laurels is tricky because those can convert to gold.”

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/?limit=500

So… screw us, I guess.

Gandaran.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Justine.6351

I’m afraid if I go to sleep the world might end and I will miss it.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

No big deal to me. I used Karma infusions in most of my amulets anyway, with only my fractal and a couple WvW characters using something else. Always a use for infusions.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

If you’re willing to put in some fractal time, you can now get rings with up to 3 wvw infusions, 3*2-1 = 5, or +25 additional stats you didn’t have before.

Or a badges or honor / proof of heroics to fractal relic exchange could be added and avoid doing fractals altogether, since you could then buy the items you need to infuse/attune rings instead.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

If you’re willing to put in some fractal time, you can now get rings with up to 3 wvw infusions, 3*2-1 = 5, or +25 additional stats you didn’t have before.

Or a badges or honor / proof of heroics to fractal relic exchange could be added and avoid doing fractals altogether, since you could then buy the items you need to infuse/attune rings instead.

I’m not willing to put in any fractal time at all.

/point@Anet
/facepalm

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Still missing a response. Come to think of it, none of the possible answers is appealing.

1. It was an oversight. Oops, sorry. The game is just too complex to get any changes in without iteration.
  2. The developers have carefully evaluated the feature from WvW point of view and this feature actually makes things simpler in WvW context.
  3. PvE developers didn’t like how their Golem Rush/Repair Hammer/Cannon Blueprints/Vertical Design ideas were received and now they’re are taking a kitten on WvW players.
  4. Fractals has the priority and whatever makes the Fractals tick better can trample lesser game modes, like WvW.

Sorry for the bitter tone. Maybe there is a perfectly good answer around the corner.

You forgot one.
Certain special children operate under the assumption that “If you like WvW, you’re really into PvE”….

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Korgov.7645

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/d5s3q7s

Q: …is there a specific reason the amulet infusion slot has been replaced with the enrichment slot instead of just… well, having two slots? I have to get a bit more AR for 14 characters now, which is quite the hassle, just because the amulet slot is gone. Was it a technical limitation you didn’t get around reasonably or was it simply a choice?

Developer response:

With the change to infusion slots which let players place any Infusion into any Slot, we couldn’t keep both kinds of amulets.

[it] actually takes fewer +1 Agony Infusions to get 150 AR post-patch. To get 150 AR now, you only need to make 12 +8s and 6 +9s. You don’t need +11s or +10s anymore.

If you currently have a set of +11s and +10s, you can take those to the new vendor in the Mistlock Observatory to break them down into +9s and +8s. Once you’re down breaking them down, you should have enough Infusions to get 150 AR and still have 2 +9s left over.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/d5s372q

Q: Is there any way to add a WvW Infusion refunder for laurels since the new infusions slots now allow for any type of infusion, the defensive infusions are pretty useless now.

And the dev response:

A: No plans for that. Those infusions are still functional, even if they’re not meta, and refunding laurels is tricky because those can convert to gold.

Thanks, Illconceived. This answers the question and at the same time makes my heart sink. A systemic (it that even a word?) limitation prevented the developers to implement the desired solution and WvW players were selected to take one for the PvE player base.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

/point@Anet
/facepalm

I’m never running a fractal again thanks to this.

Developer response:

And the dev response:

Thanks, Illconceived. This answers the question and at the same time makes my heart sink. A systemic (it that even a word?) limitation prevented the developers to implement the desired solution and WvW players were selected to take one for the PvE player base.

Well, they have to protect their precious economy.

They didn’t learn anything from past fiascos such as the Gift of Battle one. That kind of stuff doesn’t really encourage anyone to do your target content.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

A developer on reddit, when asked about the possibility of refunding laurels for WvW infusions: “No plans for that. Those infusions are still functional, even if they’re not meta, and refunding laurels is tricky because those can convert to gold.”

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/?limit=500

So… screw us, I guess.

The least they can do is allow WvW infusions to be tradable/transformable with the new infusion vendor in fractals.

I was using the WvW infusions in both PvE raids and fractals. I’m kind of afraid to see the damage that’s been done when I get back into the game.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Korgov.7645

If they were serious about WvW they would introduce WvW Enrichments at the WvW Laurel vendor ASAP.

Brainstorming what the effects could be:

• Allows you to carry 5 more supplies (Legionnaire’s Enrichment)
  • Deploy a superior quality siege build site when you deploy normal siege. If you deploy a superior quality or a guild blueprint the supply cost to build is reduced to normal siege level. (Commander’s Enrichment)
  • Gain extra point of war score when you kill an enemy (Grunt’s Enrichment)
  • Afflict Marked on all enemys within 600 radius (Scout’s Enrichment)
Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Or just make a -5% Damage taken from Guards, Lords, and Supervisors enrichment and dump the stat from WvW infusions.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Chaba.5410

/point@Anet
/facepalm

You’ll be missing out on the power creep then xD

Attuning a ring isn’t difficult and infusing one just got easier.

Chaba Tangnu

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

So more vertical progression that requires pve? Sounds awful.

Fractals were mostly self contained because building up agony resists only helps in fractals and fractals were meant for the grind and progress crowd. Everyone else wasn’t dragged into it and had no right to complain as a result. I was happy I never had to engage in any of that infusing nonsense. I am disappointed they decided to go this way.

So is this how it’s going to be like? If we’re going for the power creep, fine, it’s all over the place and ultimately I didn’t mind because you can make ascended gear from everywhere in the game but if it’s locked behind raids and fractals, in the hopes of carrot chasing, well, I refuse to be the donkey.

FYI, I don’t mind having certain favored paths. For example, if there was some content that required pve content and something else in wvw that offered the same thing that was 4x as long, I’d still pick WvW, for example. I think it’s fine to have choices like this with bias towards the content you want to push, and a bit more effective than to funnel everyone through a single path— you’re going to get some people who will simply refuse. I think the hero points finally reached a nice balance, for example.

Ultimately, it is the design that completely neglects us. I don’t care if it’s not meta or whatever. Even if they introduced utility infusions that weren’t terrible then I would have just taken the loss because I would have overwritten the infusions anyways. And then add in triple infusion rings and that’s just pretty crappy.

That being said, ignoring if it’s not meta is not a good idea in the context in this game, since say, pve, if you’re not meta you might as well not exist. WvW is a bit better in that regards, but still.

Oh, but cannon blueprints are important. >.<

Edit: How is our fault that laurels have a gold value?

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Developer response:

Sorry as someone who doesn’t do fractals this doesn’t make any sense to me. How can it be a systemic limitation?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

“limitation” = we’re too lazy to give a dime.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Thats what I gathered.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Justine.6351

If they were serious about WvW they would introduce WvW Enrichments at the WvW Laurel vendor ASAP.

Brainstorming what the effects could be:

• Allows you to carry 5 more supplies (Legionnaire’s Enrichment)
  • Deploy a superior quality siege build site when you deploy normal siege. If you deploy a superior quality or a guild blueprint the supply cost to build is reduced to normal siege level. (Commander’s Enrichment)
  • Gain extra point of war score when you kill an enemy (Grunt’s Enrichment)
  • Afflict Marked on all enemys within 600 radius (Scout’s Enrichment)

great idea!
*How about +25stacks of vulnerability to anything you call target on?
*How about weapons do +1000 dmg to doors AND walls?
*How about enemies who strike you take 10 stacks of burning for 5min?

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thats what I gathered.

It’s got nothing to do with fractals or being lazy. The new system they have, in which there’s only one type of infusion, doesn’t allow for bonuses to MF, Karma, gold find, or XP gain. So they had to choose: turn all amulet slots into ordinary infusions and screw over all the owners of utility infusions or turn all amulet slots into enrichments and screw over … no one — it’s an inconvenience at worst: people have an extra infusion with no immediate use and those who don’t fractal lose +5 stat bonus.

WvWers still have access to all the other infusion slots and all the WvW infusions. And, in theory, there’s room to create a demotion/promotion path for those, too.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Thats what I gathered.

It’s got nothing to do with fractals or being lazy. The new system they have, in which there’s only one type of infusion, doesn’t allow for bonuses to MF, Karma, gold find, or XP gain. So they had to choose: turn all amulet slots into ordinary infusions and screw over all the owners of utility infusions or turn all amulet slots into enrichments and screw over … no one — it’s an inconvenience at worst: people have an extra infusion with no immediate use and those who don’t fractal lose +5 stat bonus.

WvWers still have access to all the other infusion slots and all the WvW infusions. And, in theory, there’s room to create a demotion/promotion path for those, too.

I still don’t understand, what is an enrichment slot? Why are amulets different from rings and accessories all of which had the same infusion slots prior to this?

And arguably WvW players are being screwed over by not getting a laurel refund. I have I think 14 amulets that I received WvW infusions back for most of my rings and accessories already have WvW infusions in them. Thats 70 laurels which is not insignificant.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I have I think 14 amulets that I received WvW infusions back for most of my rings and accessories already have WvW infusions in them. Thats 70 laurels which is not insignificant.

Basically if you attune and infuse all your rings then you can stick those extra infusions into them. Yea, it means playing some Fractals. Some won’t do it.

Chaba Tangnu

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Justine.6351

I have I think 14 amulets that I received WvW infusions back for most of my rings and accessories already have WvW infusions in them. Thats 70 laurels which is not insignificant.

Basically if you attune and infuse all your rings then you can stick those extra infusions into them. Yea, it means playing some Fractals. Some won’t do it.

Those are for agony infusions only I think.

WvW Enrichments?

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Those are for agony infusions only I think.

Nope. There is no longer any distinction, only infusions and enrichments.

See patch notes:

“Offensive, defensive, and agony infusions are now simply known as infusions, and any infusion can be slotted into any infusion slot.”

Chaba Tangnu