WvW Gear, make them salvage-able!!

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Don’t need a degree to post on the forums. Go and see for yourself. Play an hour or two in each zone and compare.

No, but if your going to claim it wouldn’t effect the economy, you need to at least have some reasonable facts to support it.

I don’t care if it effects the economy. Why should WvW players bear the burden of being the rune / sigil sink, while PvE players run in a big chain and feed their Skinner box addiction?

Badges are only easy to come by because EotM started throwing them around like candy. Before that you’d get them but not a crazy amount. Nerf the badge drop rate in EotM and make WvW exotic’s salvageable.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Don’t know if it’s been asked or not, but I see the topic come up every so often.
What was the main reason for WvW gear being unsalvagable? What it for an economic reason? Or mechanical?

As it is its fairly easy to get, so I could see having a large influx of ecto because of it. Also having to rebuy runes could be part of the reason. But otherwise it doesn’t make much sense. Instead of being able to salvage directly, what about being able to be forged?

A lot of different factors go into decisions like that one, but economic effects were part of the decision process for sure.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I don’t care if it effects the economy.

And that is a problem. When you demand a change with complete disregard to how it effects every other player in the game. Demanding changes under that premise is bad for the entire community and doesn’t look good for anyone demanding changes in such a way either.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

TooBz.3065

And that is a problem. When you demand a change with complete disregard to how it effects every other player in the game. Demanding changes under that premise is bad for the entire community and doesn’t look good for anyone demanding changes in such a way either.

A. The economy isn’t my job. The economy is John Smith’s job. As a customer I can advocate for things that will make me enjoy the game more.

B. There are solutions that work for both, you can make it so the gear is salvageable in a way that doesn’t kitten the economy (how many green items drop ectos??)

Neither of us knows enough about the economy to suggest that any change to any item will or will not have any particular effect.

Note: I don’t accept that it’s my responsibility to identify such solutions in the future. I make no money off of this game, in fact, I spend money on it. John Smith and Co. make money off the game, they can solve the hard problems.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

in WvW

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

Yes please, salvage it all!!!

in WvW

TooBz.3065

Here’s another reason why unsalvageable armor from WvW is stupid.

It’s a trap for the unwary. Newbies buy their armor there because it’s easy and cheap and gives them something to do with the badges. Then they put runes on it, only to find that the runes are lost forever.

The next time, they just don’t buy armor from WvW. It may as well not be there. That doesn’t sound healthy to me.

in WvW

coglin.1867

A. The economy isn’t my job. The economy is John Smith’s job. As a customer I can advocate for things that will make me enjoy the game more.

B. There are solutions that work for both, you can make it so the gear is salvageable in a way that doesn’t kitten the economy (how many green items drop ectos??)

Neither of us knows enough about the economy to suggest that any change to any item will or will not have any particular effect.

Note: I don’t accept that it’s my responsibility to identify such solutions in the future. I make no money off of this game, in fact, I spend money on it. John Smith and Co. make money off the game, they can solve the hard problems.

I agree. It is not your responsibility to identify solution. That doesn’t change a fact that how it effects the economy was mentioned as a problem that effects everyone else, and you followed up that fact by saying you do not care how it effects the economy, hence, your promoting the idea of not caring how it effects everyone else.

You can inquire as to how it effects the economy, or argue that you feel it does not effect the economy, but the second you say you do not care how it effects the economy, you are saying you do not care how it effects me or all the other players game wide. I care how things effect other players, because without a player base, the game I enjoy playing can fail. So, it is in my best interest to speak against posters who openly demand changes under the openly admitted context that they do not care how their wants effect the rest of us.

in WvW

TooBz.3065

I agree. It is not your responsibility to identify solution. That doesn’t change a fact that how it effects the economy was mentioned as a problem that effects everyone else, and you followed up that fact by saying you do not care how it effects the economy, hence, your promoting the idea of not caring how it effects everyone else.

You can inquire as to how it effects the economy, or argue that you feel it does not effect the economy, but the second you say you do not care how it effects the economy, you are saying you do not care how it effects me or all the other players game wide. I care how things effect other players, because without a player base, the game I enjoy playing can fail. So, it is in my best interest to speak against posters who openly demand changes under the openly admitted context that they do not care how their wants effect the rest of us.

Fair Enough. I should have said that I’m not going to engage in a debate about how it affects the economy. I’ve noticed over my years on the forums that there are some arguments that people throw out as discussion stoppers because there is no reply to them. These include but are not limited to, “it’s working as intended”, “that’s a L2P issue”, “you don’t speak for ALL of us” and other pedantic nonsense, and “you can’t because economy”. Most of these usually include the ever helpful </thread>

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Currently, only a fool would buy wvw armor besides certain stats like zerker which are more expensive on the TP—- you can get many exotic armor with various stats for less gold then you could buy from a wvw vendor.

Allow salvaging of wvw armors, however the runes and sigils are account bound after salvaging!

I think it could help the economy because it will finally encourage this group of people to create ascended armor, instead of going “screw it, my sigils are too expensive for that small stat boost”. It would also increase the value of all the materials needed to make non-zerk armor, since without wvw, it’s only zerker stats, really.

You have to remember. Why are people trying to get the runes out anyways? To acquire and put them in other armor of course! But currently ascended armor is such a small boost compared to what you invest. If you tip it in their favor a little bit, then you might find some faster damask sales. Just saying. Why not encourage people to delve into one of the most expensive gold sinks in the game?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

coglin.1867

Currently, only a fool would buy wvw armor besides certain stats like zerker which are more expensive on the TP—- you can get many exotic armor with various stats for less gold then you could buy from a wvw vendor.

What do you hope to gain here by trying to preemptively call players “fools” for interest in armor outside of what you feel has value in your opinion only?

You have to remember. Why are people trying to get the runes out anyways? To acquire and put them in other armor of course! But currently ascended armor is such a small boost compared to what you invest. If you tip it in their favor a little bit, then you might find some faster damask sales. Just saying. Why not encourage people to delve into one of the most expensive gold sinks in the game?

They want them for their gear? I disagree, but only to a limited extent. Most people I know seem to have multiple ascended sets or all the gear they need. It is my opinion that they want this as a way to turn all of those badges that are stock piled into gold. I, for example, have no real need for more gear and items, and would get no value out of this if I could sell them.

Now for those it would help, I am all for the vendor selling sigils and runes for those who could use them. It might even promote those with limited funds to try different build and gear set up.

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

please let this happen i have perplexity runes on wvw gear that i want to salvage

(edited by caveman.5840)

in WvW

TooBz.3065

In my limited experience, everyone I know that has put an expensive rune in WvW armor has bitterly regretted it and felt foolish.

I’m fairly sure that it does not say anywhere in game that this gear cannot be salvaged before you buy it. I know it was a surprise to me. If it does please let me know.

in WvW

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

ya … I felt foolish lol … was so bummed when I tried to salvage it

in WvW

TooBz.3065

ya … I felt foolish lol … was so bummed when I tried to salvage it

Me too!

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

What do you hope to gain here by trying to preemptively call players “fools” for interest in armor outside of what you feel has value in your opinion only?

Because currently you can buy various armors straight off the tp for less gold than purchasing it from a wvw vendor. It is not just my opinion. It is the collective opinion of people that use the trading post. So I would consider it foolish though I suppose my hyperbole was to illustrate how bad of a sale it is and I do discourage buying wvw armor— zerker, knights and a few others are exception.

They want them for their gear? I disagree, but only to a limited extent. Most people I know seem to have multiple ascended sets or all the gear they need. It is my opinion that they want this as a way to turn all of those badges that are stock piled into gold. I, for example, have no real need for more gear and items, and would get no value out of this if I could sell them.

Now for those it would help, I am all for the vendor selling sigils and runes for those who could use them. It might even promote those with limited funds to try different build and gear set up.

My experience with people differs them. However, I did take into account the perspective you have expressed hence the account bound suggestions.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

/signed
Make the runes soulbound and zero ecto recovery chance if that will maintain balance.

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

^

/signed …………….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

If u put runes or sigils on Karma/WvW gear you should be able, with a Black Lion kit, to retreive them…destroying the gear in the process and getting no other benefit. Upgrade Extractors are a joke in the current gem market…which is a joke in itself. What the heck are you all buying? I’ve got Traveler runes on Karma gear from when they were MF runes, so I’m not really hurting, but I still think the current system blows.

in WvW

Posted by: Ipea.2974

Ipea.2974

+1 for this!

I have 5 sets of armor sitting in the bank that I can not get the runes from. I have 2 sets with strength runes, 1 traveler 1 Perplex and a scholar set, each set was made so long ago I have since upgraded to ascended armor and had to re-buy the same runes again because I couldnt salvage what I already had.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANET FIX THIS.

I am sure so many others have since upgrade to ascended armor and have runes stuck on armor they cant get back.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

It takes much more time to get dungeon armor than WvW armor and it even costs gold. So why the hell is it like this?
I hate looking at flaws like this which should be so easy to fix being in a game for so long.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Just posting here because I want to kick this dead horse again.

No reason has ever been given.

No care has ever been given.

But I would really still like that stuff to be salvageable. At the very least, let it reward no crafting materials, but at least give me the rune back out of it if I’m willing to use a black lion kit on it.

The upgrade extractor can go extract itself.

in WvW

coglin.1867

But I would really still like that stuff to be salvageable. At the very least, let it reward no crafting materials, but at least give me the rune back out of it if I’m willing to use a black lion kit on it.

Ditch the blatant dishonesty will ya. The last thread on this topic, which is only a few weeks old, had a link to a previous dev response and explaination on the matter.

Post like this, making claims, when you do not actually know, does not help anyone and only serves to spread misinformation.

in WvW

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Ditch the blatant dishonesty will ya. The last thread on this topic, which is only a few weeks old, had a link to a previous dev response and explaination on the matter.

Post like this, making claims, when you do not actually know, does not help anyone and only serves to spread misinformation.

Do you happen to have the link to the response in question? If it’s out there, I’ve never seen it.

in WvW

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

+1 on this

I don’t care about ectos or any other materials, just want my sigils/runes back

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

There is a solution, to keep the economy effect low, but to allow you to get your runes back:

WvW extract kit

• Can be used to extract runes and sigils out of WvW gear. The gear will be destroyed in the process and the runes/sigils will be soul or account bound.
  • has by default 10 charges (2 weapon sets = 4 sigils; 6 armor pieces = 6 runes)
  • Can only be purchased with karma and WvW badges or directly from the gem store
[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

We’ve been begging since the unexpected change happened to make them unsalvageable. They need to be able to go in the mystic forge too. It makes no sense for them not to be able to go into the forge. The weapons cost around a gold plus lots of badges. Now I’m not saying badges are hard to get, but you do have to play to save up a lot to forge four weapons for a set. What’s the difference between this and people doing dungeon speed runs to actually get paid and then forge weapons with tokens? To me it makes me feel, as a WvW player, that my time in game is less valuable. Some great things have come to WvW (ranks, new traps, and well I’m sure there is other stuff) and hopefully this will get changed.

in WvW

Posted by: xeon.3851

xeon.3851

+1 on this go go

Remember: Fear leads to hate, hate leads to
anger, anger… leads to suffering!
“Of all the thing i miss my mind the most.”

in WvW

Posted by: LeX.9526

LeX.9526

that is the same as asking to make karma gear salvageable

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

We’ve been asking for this ad nausium since the wardrobe patch. Threads had hundreds of replies. There were no dev responses on this subject then, and I doubt there will be any now.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

We’ve been asking for this ad nausium since the wardrobe patch. Threads had hundreds of replies. There were no dev responses on this subject then, and I doubt there will be any now.

I suffer from eternal optimism… So I’ll keep hoping

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Yeah, actually there were multiple dev replies on this when it was pushed at the topic. I am not entirely sure what your motive is here, but your dishonesty is not appreciated.

in WvW

TooBz.3065

Yeah, actually there were multiple dev replies on this when it was pushed at the topic. I am not entirely sure what your motive is here, but your dishonesty is not appreciated.

He’s not being dishonest if he hasn’t seen the replies. I don’t know of any developer comments on this topic. It’s generally better to assume ignorance rather than malice.

edit: it is possible to be wrong without lying.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

that is the same as asking to make karma gear salvageable

Karma gear often comes with runes already in it. WvW gear does not.

So no… not the same.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Since we are at it, let us salvage the Ascended gear too? Ascended Salvage Kit, whatever…

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I don’t appreciate that.

There were thousands (I’m not exaggerating) of posts complaining about the wardrobe changes. The fact that we could no longer salvage our stuff got lost in the quagmire. I tried to keep this alive back in the day by creating multiple topics on the subject, and no, devs did not respond. I think is was the final straw to me quitting the game 8 months ago. I’m coming back now awaiting the expansion.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I don’t give a crap if I get any mats or not from salvaging WvW gear. I just want my expensive runes and sigils back.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

yes plz. i want my runes and sigils back

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

I agree with this .. I tend to stay in WvW/EotM a lot and basically pay for my gear through badges. But my runes/sigils are all but useless with this method. I have about 6+ sets of armor that I refuse to throw away because they have 8g+ runes in them. <.<;;;;;;;

" ’Cause in the end, all you really have are memories. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~