WvW - How would you improve

in WvW

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

-Borderlands Bloodlust reduced to +25 stats per stack.
-Finisher score reward for Borderlands Bloodlust stacks trippled.
-Defense against Guards and Guard Leech stat bonus reduced by 50%.
-Superior sigil stat boni stacks limited to 10 stacks for WvW (e. g. Superior Sigil of Bloodlust).
-Siege damage against players increased by 50%, Arrow Carts apply “chilled” in the mastery aswell as poison.
-Trebuchet mastery trait “corrosive poison” doubles all incoming damage to golems if they stand in the “cow cloud”.

EDIT: GATES CAN NOT BE DAMAGED BY PLAYER WEAPON SKILLS!

(edited by Bazzoong.7145)

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

-Borderlands Bloodlust reduced to +25 stats per stack.
-Finisher score reward for Borderlands Bloodlust stacks trippled.
-Defense against Guards and Guard Leech stat bonus reduced by 50%.
-Superior sigil stat boni stacks limited to 10 stacks for WvW (e. g. Superior Sigil of Bloodlust).
-Siege damage against players increased by 50%, Arrow Carts apply “chilled” in the mastery aswell as poison.
-Trebuchet mastery trait “corrosive poison” doubles all incoming damage to golems if they stand in the “cow cloud”.

EDIT: GATES CAN NOT BE DAMAGED BY PLAYER WEAPON SKILLS!

Sieging is boring. I hate suggestions to make siege more of a focus.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

1. I would fix the party system
2. I would fix the wxp to limit up to 100 rank points, but continue the leveling for bonus chests, and it will be retraitable, and the required points per skill will not be chosen carefully like what we do with our traits.
3. I will lessen the required laurel for ascendeds, and add ascended weapons unto the mix of what you can get in wvw weapons seller
4. The outmanned buff will give stat points similar to the blood node.
5. I will add a gvg instance in the middle of the map w/c is a similar to the bl but has no structures but only starting 3 sides, and is pk friendly and has no damage to armor upon death.
6. i will add exp and karma for walking a dolyak
7. i will test such in a week, and if it doesn’t work as intended seek opinions in the forum and change it accordingly based on a poll. and i will assure my gamers that this is your game, i will do my best to ensure you enjoy it.

Hahaha

I find wvw now is okay. I do not mind sieges and all that jazz, since that is what wvw is. It is an everything go area. But it is an expensive area, which is why people QQ when the other team uses superior sieges. And QQ if they lack in population coverage because the other team has more. And QQ if the other team has more tanky builds than their pve rallybots.

Simply, what people seek is a way to move WVW to a balanced situation. How? Control the population per bl 1-3x a day, where it will change depending on the mean of adding the number of players in all three servers queuing for wvw.

It will ensure more people are distributed into different borderlands.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Simply, what people seek is a way to move WVW to a balanced situation. How? Control the population per bl 1-3x a day, where it will change depending on the mean of adding the number of players in all three servers queuing for wvw.

That might actually work. But the only thing I wonder about:

• High population server: won’t most people there be unable to enter?

I agree that it’s their own fault for stacking up on a server, but still. It would lead to a huge rage-wave. Personally:

• I refrain from going into WvW when we beat the other servers 2 to 1.
  • I refrain from going into WvW when we get beaten by other servers 2 to 1.

So I think making the numbers balanced would encourage more people to play WvW again, because right now there isn’t any challenge involved… and there would be when it’s equal numbers!!

Lets see if the devs pay this any attention!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

I agree that it’s their own fault for stacking up on a server, but still. It would lead to a huge rage-wave. Personally:

So I think making the numbers balanced would encourage more people to play WvW again, because right now there isn’t any challenge involved… and there would be when it’s equal numbers!!

High population servers will then be forced to transfer and distribute elsewhere; so they can play. It is a big price to pay for balance. As we can’t have everything t.t

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

High population servers will then be forced to transfer and distribute elsewhere; so they can play. It is a big price to pay for balance. As we can’t have everything t.t

Haha, well I’m fine with that sort of price. :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Sovereign.1093

Haha, well I’m fine with that sort of price. :P

Since this is purely hypothetical, assuming it will happen, simply allow a one week free transfer to any and all server, and see if people transfer. Else, if they don’t, they simply have to face the consequence.

The other option is to add an overflow instance in wvw where players can duke it out, and kill each other, w/o armor damage/or affecting ppt while waiting. But can farm things like mobs in it like normal.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Barondil.1459

Barondil.1459

Here is my list. (Sorry for my bad english)

General

• Better UI for Commanders (see other posts here or threads).
  • Remove mescenary camps in eternal battleground. Or you can upgrade and control the mescenaries. For example you can recruit fighters for supplies and send them to attack or defend structures.
  • Remove skritts and centaurs in the borderlands. Add other structures instead or make the same improvement like the mescenary camps (see above).
  • Remove WXP-Rewards for killing PvE-Mobs, like the veteran warg or the veteran harpie in the borderlands.
  • Reduce the number of mobs or remove all PvE mobs on the maps.
  • WXP-Share System: You can share your earned WXP with a twink of your choice.
  • You can finally kick offline players from your party!

WvW-Structures

• Defending and Upgrading will be more rewarded.
  • Upgraded Structures give more points to the score.
  • Rewards for defending upgraded structures are much higher.
  • Structures can only be damaged by siege weapons.
  • Cannon and Oil can only be damaged by siege weapons.
  • Defenders on wall get 50 % lesser damage against range attacks (Maybe as Upgrade? Number is only an example.)
  • Fix line of sight problems for defenders on the wall.
  • Implement Scout-System for structurers. Everytime a guard is killed or walls/gates lose 2 % HP, there is an announcement in the chat with the number of enemy players in the near.
  • Rewards for conquering upgraded structures are much higher.
  • More destructible parts at structures.
  • Removing Waypoint-Upgrade.
  • Ressource camps can be upgraded with palisade and traps.

WvW-Merchants

• Add more exotic items (e. g. trinkets, backpacks) and other stats for armors and weapons (e. g. Shaman, Apothecary, Dire etc.).
  • Ascended Accessories can be purchased for WvW Badges.
  • Add ascended armor, backpacks and weapons (Promp implementation after intruduction of ascended armor).
  • Add more traps! (see post from lioka qiao.8734 on the first page)

Ruins

• Capture points don’t decay anymore or not so fast, when no players standing inside.
  • Small WvW-Reward, if players take and hold 3 of 5 capture points and get the buff.
  • Reduce/Remove the bloodlust stat buff
  • When a server holding all 15 capture points (!), Ninja-Quaggans appears on all borderlands and capture all the structures for the server /joke

In the future

• More siege weapons (Maybe siege towers? Or better: catapults that can throw players inside the tower ?)
  • Make the borderlands and EB bigger! (Or more structures and places for fighting in underground? Or structures in the sky, which can only be attacked by airships?)
  • More Quaggans! (Because Quaggans make the game better… /dodge)

(edited by Barondil.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: andomon.8314

andomon.8314

Here is my list. (Sorry for my bad english)

General

• Better UI for Commanders (see other posts here or threads).
  • Remove mescenary camps in eternal battleground. Or you can upgrade and control the mescenaries. For example you can recruit fighters for supplies and send them to attack or defend structures.
  • Remove skritts and centaurs in the borderlands. Add other structures instead or make the same improvement like the mescenary camps (see above).
  • Remove WXP-Rewards for killing PvE-Mobs, like the veteran warg or the veteran harpie in the borderlands.
  • Reduce the number of mobs or remove all PvE mobs on the maps.
  • WXP-Share System: You can share your earned WXP with a twink of your choice.
  • You can finally kick offline players from your party!

WvW-Structures

• Defending and Upgrading will be more rewarded.
  • Upgraded Structures give more points to the score.
  • Rewards for defending upgraded structures are much higher.
  • Structures can only be damaged by siege weapons.
  • Cannon and Oil can only be damaged by siege weapons.
  • Defenders on wall get 50 % lesser damage against range attacks (Maybe as Upgrade? Number is only an example.)
  • Fix line of sight problems for defenders on the wall.
  • Implement Scout-System for structurers. Everytime a guard is killed or walls/gates lose 2 % HP, there is an announcement in the chat with the number of enemy players in the near.
  • Rewards for conquering upgraded structures are much higher.
  • More destructible parts at structures.
  • Removing Waypoint-Upgrade.
  • Ressource camps can be upgraded with palisade and traps.

WvW-Merchants

• Add more exotic items (e. g. trinkets, backpacks) and other stats for armors and weapons (e. g. Shaman, Apothecary, Dire etc.).
  • Ascended Accessories can be purchased for WvW Badges.
  • Add ascended armor, backpacks and weapons (Promp implementation after intruduction of ascended armor).
  • Add more traps! (see post from lioka qiao.8734 on the first page)

Ruins

• Capture points don’t decay anymore or not so fast, when no players standing inside.
  • Small WvW-Reward, if players take and hold 3 of 5 capture points and get the buff.
  • Reduce/Remove the bloodlust stat buff
  • When a server holding all 15 capture points (!), Ninja-Quaggans appears on all borderlands and capture all the structures for the server /joke

In the future

• More siege weapons (Maybe siege towers? Or better: catapults that can throw players inside the tower ?)
  • Make the borderlands and EB bigger! (Or more structures and places for fighting in underground? Or structures in the sky, which can only be attacked by airships?)
  • More Quaggans! (Because Quaggans make the game better… /dodge)

Very extensive list many of these features the community has requested. Commander features are mentioned everywhere hopefully we see them soon!

[STUN] Toxxic Onyx – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

This may sound stupid, but I know we have all tried a low level al in wvw at one point or another only to get destroyed most times. I think if they make a pvp style vendor for wvw only like weapons sigils gear runes to help low scaled players actually have a decent chance of surviving and enjoying their wvw experience of course the gear will only effect you till lvl 80 and will only work in wvw just like how pvp armor and gear works in the mists.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Six months ago this would have been easy to answer however, with the last six months making things progressively worse, I’m really not sure how to make it better or fix it for that matter. Even if they opened transfers to Ranks of servers instead of population I just don’t see the people moving now, its a case of to little to late.

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

make the xfer amount to tier1 servers 3k gems
cut the cost in half each tier lower.
t1 - 3k
t2 - 1.5k
t3 - 750
and so on

since we are on the US side of things make PPT gains through 2pm PST - 2 AM pst count for full points.
Points received from 2AM - 2pm PST will be cut in half to reduce the need to have overnight coverage and make the American "Prime time" actually matter.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

make the xfer amount to tier1 servers 3k gems
cut the cost in half each tier lower.
t1 – 3k
t2 – 1.5k
t3 – 750
and so on

since we are on the US side of things make PPT gains through 2pm PST – 2 AM pst count for full points.
Points received from 2AM – 2pm PST will be cut in half to reduce the need to have overnight coverage and make the American “Prime time” actually matter.

The PPT thing isn’t optimal, I play late my points shouldn’t be worth less. Also look at servers like SoS, their latenight crew is substantially bigger compared to their NA prime time crew, they are a NA server.

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

The way I would improve WvW is to do the following:

1) replace the bloodlust with something fair. I’ve been on both sides…max bloodlust to no bloodlust and I can’t see a fair fight on even numbers work on this system.

2) Take the 24 NA servers and map WvW to six servers per round.
1st and 6th server gets mapped to Green
2nd and 5th server gets mapped to Blue
3rd and 4th server gets mapped to Red
Name them Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum.

Servers will move up and down the divisions taking spots, and transfers will fuel two servers as opposed to one. This also encourages servers to retain their populations and makes stacking a lot tougher.

In other words, the divisions stay static while the servers themselves move up and down the division ranking list…so a server in one week may be bronze status and another week might be silver status.

3) Have scoring redefined in the following ways:

~Regular score remains for cumulative addition of WvW bonuses of each server.
~Victory is based on competing in four time zones and is handled in the following way:

A) Every six hours the score resets and its added to a total cumulative score. 6 hours meaning 24 tallies for each zone. If not four zones, then do three zones of eight hours. Zones are North American, European, Asian, and Oceanic time slots.

B) After each tally occurs, Victory or Match points are awarded to the server that is leading for that zone. 1 point for third place, 2 points for second place, 3 points for third place.

C) A record is kept in the match panel of such progression on a daily basis…

The idea behind this is to spread WvW into its 24 hour cycle with players having responsibility for their time blocks and zones. In short in this way players in each zone can truly feel accomplishment, victory and defeat based on performance and they will truly know how it all went down.

The other reason for doing this is because of my love of the different zones. Its nice entering during oceanic times or European times and helping groups. I know I am out of my zone, but its nice to meet people from other nations and adopt that kind of gameplay, and it’s very nice that each zone can have their own encapsulated battle in the grand scheme of things.

It will also encourage all the servers to recruit and try to divide their forces into each zone as well. ….and most WvW players who have been in the game for a long time know the importance of each zone….this also encourages defense.

When I was in IoJ many months ago, we would prepare keeps and towers to be turned over to the next time slot and it worked well. I felt it was honorific because we were not screwing over those who took over for us later in the night and we were giving those in the next time zone the means to open up on good standing.

D) My last entry for improvement in WvW is server points. If a player does not generate at least 10 WXP from being killed by another, then the server that kills him gains points. This punishes the zergs that get wiped, come back just to get wiped again and generate less than 200 points as a zerg when killed by a defending group.