WvW Lag

WvW Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Shadynasty.1760

Shadynasty.1760

I’ve been playing this game since a month after it began with almost no lag. it’s been amazing. even in large zerg vs zerg action. But recently, i’ve begun to lag really badly, which basically guarantees me a death any time a large number of other players enter my vicinity.

Is this a sudden problem with my PC (which has not changed at all) or is it related to the last patch? It’s only been happening for the last few days and it is making WvW much less attractive ( and since WvW is all I do, I end up not playing as much.)

Thoughts? Is anyone else having this problem?

HoD – Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]
Sister Mary Steroid – Mesmer | Barbara Bush – Guardian | Bonnquisha – Warrior

WvW Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Darksidhe.6740

Darksidhe.6740

I second this.

It seems to be normal..then when you get more than 1 enemy on the screen you get a a .5 to 1 second chance of lag spikes.

I didn’t have this problem till they did the big patch with the torment stuff.

OMG..its a stealth thief nerf~

WvW Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Giggityman.2837

Giggityman.2837

Yep, game is nearly unplayable at random hours of the day. Getting 10-second stalls followed by DC

WvW Lag

in WvW

Posted by: lemonbbq.3610

lemonbbq.3610

Same here. It was fine a couple of days ago, then all a sudden WvW became unplayable, especially for EB. 5-10 sec lag happened occasionally, if it managed to recover, I could play for another 5 minutes or so before another lag spike registered. However, it was the best situation out of all. Sometimes the lag was so bad it would kick me to character selection, or just kick for me no reason even no one was around to cause the lag and I was just running around on the field doing nothing. My friend’s experience was the worst, he got kicked the moment he landed EB, for multiple times, his game was certainly unplayable.

WvW had never been smooth for us Asian players, but at least the lag was bearable and we could still play the game. It no longer seems to be case after the patch.

WvW Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m pretty sure this is a random issue with Anet’s end, because I had unplayable lag about two weeks ago that went away after they did some tweak, and haven’t had it since.

But check one thing: go into your GW2 folder … Documents > GW2 and take a look at your local.dat file. If its bigger than 15mbs then delete it and let the game repopulate it. It’s your UI settings so you’ll have to redo them once you log back in, but something’s wonky with the file in that it grows daily, and deleting it seemed to help my lag issues. No idea why though.

Also here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Official-response-on-the-Lag-issues-please

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

WvW Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

It’s a huge issue, that never gets addressed.

I would prefer game polish, bug fixes, and lag being addressed versus content.

Yes, they are separate groups, but any company will proclaim agility among their employees, allowing them to be retasked to high priority issues. This is what Anet should do.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

WvW Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Farlow.8652

Farlow.8652

I have been doing great with no lag this morning, but as soon as BP gets on the map, I continue to lag and get DC’d. This has been going on for about 2 days for me.

WvW Lag

in WvW

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

Yea, it’s a very interesting issue. The last couple of months I’ve noticed an increase in my GPU usage which would mean the game is requiring more resources all of a sudden. Now if I’m in an area like LA that could make sense since they have done back to back festivals and what not. When I’m seeing higher temps and usage in areas like Bloodtide Coast compared to LA though? What is up with that?

The game needs some rework to optimize it again like it used to be. I shouldn’t be seeing these spikes in places that have been relatively unchanged since launch.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

WvW Lag

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

An increase with GPU usage starting with the end of the Flame and Frost event would be an interesting timing issue. I wonder what changed and when exactly. I would say anecdotally that lag in general and skill lag in particular has been getting slightly worse for me with each patch since mid May. You can actually feel zergs approaching now in WvW which use to be something only a guildie playing on an older apple could do.

Not sure if reducing the WvW map population caps would actually help that much then but I would still like to see it done just to feel the affects of a such a change. Even if it was only for a temporary amount of time while they sorted out their problems. Yeah, I know, queues suck but what difference does it make if you waiting in a queue or waiting for your skills to fire? Add up all the skill lag time you get in a given play session and see how long of a queue would that be worth to you?

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .