WvW Lag March 2015

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Definitely strange goings-on in Blackgate Borderlands. The map was relatively empty but my special “latency indicator” graph was bouncing around like crazy, even though nothing was going on nearby. It could be hardware. We can move the map to different hardware but that requires kicking everyone because everyone has to disconnect and reconnect to the new hardware. It’s an easy test to do just inconvenient for people playing (about the same as if a new game build comes out). I will consult with my colleagues at work whether we should move everyone to different hardware.

64.25.38.162 would be the problem Whatever maps get handled by that IP seemed to have had the same kind of horrible lag — I saw it in tier 3 (DB/Mag/Sbi) map mapped to that IP. And on tier 1 too

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Byega.4215

Byega.4215

200 ping sfr border map, 1-3 sec skill delay without any orange swords

I have got the same lag at this moment (Jade Sea’s side).

PS:
Someone from JS (zelegant.3926) thinks that in some MU like SFR/Deso/JS, the 3 servers don’t have the same cap limit; he thinks Jade Sea has a lowered cap than sfr or deso. He said it’s a plot theory.

If a dev can role on the cap limit, it will be cool.

80 Human Elementalist – Dagger/Focus

Last fair fight before Orbageddon was against Itkoviana

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Filovirus.6258

Filovirus.6258

200 ping sfr border map, 1-3 sec skill delay without any orange swords

I have got the same lag at this moment (Jade Sea’s side).

PS:
Someone from JS (zelegant.3926) thinks that in some MU like SFR/Deso/JS, the 3 servers don’t have the same cap limit; he thinks Jade Sea has a lowered cap than sfr or deso. He said it’s a plot theory.

If a dev can role on the cap limit, it will be cool.

The cap limit isn’t a “number” it’s a %CPU utilisation from what Stephen said.
Add that to the fact it’s been said by devs in the past that “everything” counts against it (Ranger Pets, Necro Minions, Mesmer phantasms/clones, siege and so on) and you’ll get an idea of the “discrepencies” between sides “caps” at time (on top of the thing not working properly quite often, with even occurences of people with queues while being outnumbered).

But out of “experience” from the community, the caps looked like around 100 for EB, 80 for BLs before tweaking.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

Hi Stephen,

I’ve been roaming on Blackgate BL for the last hour or two and have encountered none of the issues that have been there before. There haven’t been too many JQ brothers on map but even while a giant BG zerg chased us to spawn we had no issues with lag. Hopefully it stays this way! Thanks a lot for giving your time to help out this specific Borderland, it’s good to have four playable ones again.

collector of liquid aurillium

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Wartna.8671

Wartna.8671

Map cap is not raised at all Stephen. Again 3 guilds of us weren’t complete with people being stuck in queue for over an hour, even though we have really small and fast queue’s normally.

Could you please change it back to how it was?

Far Shiverpeaks
Kalevala [KALE]

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

This is so much nonsense, you cannot even border hop or you get in a +20 queue. Fixing lags and wvw issues with lowering cap how can you think of this, 2 guilds and bl is full.

Piken Square

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Stephen ClarkeWillson

Previous

Stephen ClarkeWillson

ArenaNet Studio Technical Director

Next

The map caps are about 10% lower than when I started looking into this. I’m not comfortable raising them higher right now. Sorry!

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

ImLegion.4018

Then why say you raised them…

Good fix

Piken Square

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Filovirus.6258

Good fix

… because he did ?
He lowered them by 15/20%, then raised them afterwards so they are roughly 90% of the starting caps (normally).

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

ImLegion.4018

Good fix

… because he did ?
He lowered them by 15/20%, then raised them afterwards so they are roughly 90% of the starting caps (normally).

Obviously not enough when only 2 guilds can play now.

Piken Square

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Filovirus.6258

Good fix

… because he did ?

Obviously not enough when only 2 guilds can play now.

enough is a matter of perception.

Is it like it was before ? Nope
Is it better than after he lowered them ? Yes

For ONCE we have a dev looking up and taking care of the WvW problems, you might want to let him take the time to work it out, and make things better overall on the long run instead of whinning and bickering like an old crone because your stacked server has queues regularily currently….

(i’ve got queues that are a hindrance too on my server, it’s not fun, even more because the population “balanced” itself around the previous amount of people able to be on those maps, and now there is often guilds that can’t have all their people in, but i prefer that AND a dev doing something for WvW instead of months of the random 2-10s skill lag, disconnects and other problems that plaggued WvW since release, and even more since the stab change path, with nobody at Anet caring like it’s normally the case….. we will have ample occasion to complain if it’s still not fixed/better in a few weeks and Anet starts ignoring us again….. Stephen isn’t stupid, he can read, the fact that lowering the map caps is a problem for a lot of people didn’t escape him, if he didn’t put them back to “normal” yet, he probably have a good reason, wait and see what he is doing makes things better in WvW before throwing tantrums and whinning like a child. Stop being so Godkitten impatient and near sighted, we will ALL benefit of a dev taking interest in the technical problems of WvW and (hopefully) making things better with time for everyone. Its what we’ve been asking/begging for for months now.).

(edited by Filovirus.6258)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

Lag spikes of 1000 and more (sometimes up to 1700) in EU servers….

Attachments:

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

SFR match up has been lagging in EB for the last two hours+, playing on a mesmer is just a joke. Dieing because can’t cast a single skill, watching warriors and guards waving pressing 1 and healing by heal signet…

It’s awful.

Maybe some magazines should do an article or two on which MMO features the worst lag in large battles.

Worst part is want to switch toons? Tough, now you’re back of the very large queue for EB…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDeath.4398

BlackDeath.4398

Hi, thanks so much for looking into this.
I am playing on desolation, every night we are facing huge blobs, imo the blob on blob has improved, not much skill lag.

The problem seems to be extreme when a third blob is introduced in the same area.

Again, i am happy you’re looking into it, take your time and make sure you find it

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Been terrible today, lag spikes on pvp as well while running Tequalt besides the “normal” wvw lag. It is unplayable as it is right now.

Living far from the server doesn’t help as well as having a not so optimal connection, however I noticed hardly happens that with other games, this many spikes I mean. When I start to have problem in game, I check the forums and also takes an extra few seconds to load while other webpages works normally.

Half of the times I get disconnected, this is the error that shows up:

The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again. If the problem persists, contact Customer Support for assistance at http://support.guildwars2.com. (Code=58:11:5:535:101)

The other half is the error cited before: (Code=7:11:3:191:101)

What is the difference between both codes? Is one of them pointing to a problem on the costumer’s end?

I use the -clientport 443 on the line of command of the client and it helped a little back then when started to use it. However, now doesn’t seem to be helping at all.

If the ping in game is reliable it is getting higher constantly when a certain amount of people are around even if standing still and during combat gets higher as well. Usually goes from 190 to 390-400 then spikes to 790, 1380 and even got a 3190 once.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Grothjunior.6074

Grothjunior.6074

Had 200-700 ping with a few spikes of 1500-3000. Didnt feel the normal skill lag only insane rubberbanding and freezing. Half our guild raid quit because of lag and rubberbanding.
On gandara

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Filovirus.6258

It’s weird, seems the skill lag and pings really varies for me.

I did some “map hopping” recently, with a couple big fights, and as much as bl were without problems overall (there isn’t much ennemies there, and we aren’t in numbers either), there was a case of big skill lag and rubberbanding….. while we were like 15 and the ennemy roughly the same, without a third party close by (nor on the map for all i know).

On the other side, the little time i spent in EB (with 50+ man queues and people from the 3 servers there) was nearly unplayable due to skilllag and such, except one big fight where strangely i didn’t experience anything despite having 3 groups of 40+ there. It’s weird.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Previous

Stephen ClarkeWillson

Next

With this latest build all of the games that were running on the strangely-behaving 64.25.38.162 server have been moved away from it.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

With this latest build all of the games that were running on the strangely-behaving 64.25.38.162 server have been moved away from it.

Maybe move the Obsidian Sanctum maps to that server to annoy the Ultimate Dominator farmers?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Blaupunkt.6478

Blaupunkt.6478

Okay, giving some reports about laggs etc:

If I dont use a VPN server Im getting Ping between 100 and 7000!! which is completely unplayable.
With VPN Im completely fine, ping between 30 and 100. Strange thing is that my VPN is going through germany and i live in germany, so i dont have to use a VPN in other country to get better ping.
I called my ISP about that, they say its packet loss (same like ANet told me) but they say they cant do anything about that, my bandwith and everything is fine, its just the ping without VPN that is bad.

Concerning skilllagg i feel like it got a little bit better the last days, although i had massive skilllaggs today on eb when we had a 50vs50vs50 fight.

So actually Im fine with Ping and rubberbanding if i use VPN but skilllagg is still a big issue.

And it would actually be nice to be able to play without VPN because VPN causes sometimes disconnects for me and FSP is pretty full atm so I have to queue up again.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Zaruna.3812

Zaruna.3812

Did Deso/SFR/Jade Sea Eternal BG change aswell ? My ping is actually looking better, but this could also be because the map is really empty. Hoping for the best! Looking at an 29 ping now and never got higher then 80.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Previous

Stephen ClarkeWillson

Next

The short answer is “yes” everything got moved around.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Elenire.7306

Elenire.7306

Dragonbrand here, in Blue Borderland, getting about 1-2 second skill lag.

/ip: 64.25.38.168

Getting about 200-300 msec ping time.

Haven’t read the whole thread but if you’ve got load balancers in front of your servers might want to check those, in my experience they can get finicky.

Or check your BGP announcements to your upstreams and/or your BGP load balancing.

Or maybe A-Net/NC SOFT can get direct peering agreements with the major consumer ISPs in the US, like AT&T Comcast, Time Warner and Cox? Or at the very least AT&T and Cogent?

http://bgp.he.net/AS30588#_peers

Elenire Manyshot – Dragonbrand Ranger
Band of Exiles [BoE]

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

After several hours on BG BL tonight I can say it was an unbelievable improvement, there was some occasional stuttering lag here and there but thats normal in big 3way fights, and we had those fights all night. There was the occasional small delay in skill use but about 90% less then the last several weeks. There was no disconnects. And no major lag spikes. Also very little rubberbanding though it did still occur randomly.

I did notice it more in TC BL where I was repeatedly getting hit in an area I thought I was moving out of and my utility/heal skills occasionally did not go off.

But overall much better tonight then the last several weeks, thanks for the work you have put into fixing this issue, and hopefully it will be fully resolved soon.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Wartna.8671

For ONCE we have a dev looking up and taking care of the WvW problems, you might want to let him take the time to work it out, and make things better overall on the long run instead of whinning and bickering like an old crone because your stacked server has queues regularily currently….

Don’t be so harsh. I’m currently in a server that was perfect at prime before, only small and short queue’s, just like yours. Now, if people aren’t 30 minutes early they’re stuck in queue for well over an hour. Yesterday we had over 6 people disconnect and quitting the raid because they couldn’t get back in. We had more people suffering from lag and high ping than any other day. Clearly, it’s not working. Normally over 80 people fit in a map, Yesterday with rough estimates it was around 60, that’s a hell of a difference.

And again, different opinions mate, we’re quite a mature guild and if people can’t play when they get home from work, why play the game at all?

Far Shiverpeaks
Kalevala [KALE]

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

Well in another sense its good to see that there are way more people playing WvW then a lot of people have thought before. And this may also be a good reflection to the future for the expansion, that it needs to be able that more people are going to play it then that are playing now, wich means that even the silver league is probably going to be quite stacked up with WvW players.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

First off, thanks a ton, Stephen, for taking the time to communicate so much.

Even though the primary issue has not been resolved, it’s great to see that you are working on it and keeping up the communication. Over the last couple days, I think you’ve posted about as much as we’ve had over a year. No joke.

To everyone else, I know Stephen doesn’t want to say it, but latency, which is ISP related, can be seen as server lag. When you jump around, or when everyone else jumps around, that’s latency. You may even have a very slight skill lag which could still be ISP related latency.

Latency related issues can even be experienced by more than one person, because people in a similar region may be sharing an ISP or going through a router that is having an issue. For example, when us NA players are up late with our Aussie pals.

It’s only when everyone on the entire map is having the same issue and at the same time when it’s server lag. This can be compounded if you are having poor latency. This thread, and the problem that will hopefully be resolved soon is definately server lag, because everyone on the map and across the servers (we communicate with our enemies) are experiencing the same skill lag at the same time.

Sure, most of us already know this, but I just wanted to say it for the people who don’t.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

After the last patch I received little to no skill lag and we had lots of big fights tonight. Those bad lag spikes seem to be gone and I didn’t notice many players even complaining about the lag.. The past couple days that’s all that most players have been talking about.. For me it was 10x better than it has been for the past week or so.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Woelfchen.1563

Woelfchen.1563

Hi Stephen,

the lag issues got better yesterday after re-increasing the map cap.
I played on Sunday evening (6pm till 12pm) and it was really laggy during that SM fight where you participated.

Here a short overview:

-Friday, 3rd March: During reset at about 1 am big zerg fight in hills keep on blue
border: no lags
-Sunday, 5th March: 6pm to 12pm: huge lags during big zerg fights on ebg (especially
near/in SM)
-Monday, 6th March: 8pm to 11pm: guild raid on enemy borders and home border,
nearly no lags during fights vs other guilds/zergs
-Tuesday, 7th March: 8pm to 11pm: guild raid on borders (8pm till about 9pm), no
lags; on ebg (9pm till 11pm) lags during fighting other guilds/zerg (more than 80
players from all servers): skill delays, skills unable to use, BUT much better than on
Sunday

I am playing warrior, so i am in the crowd when zergs clash.

I hope this may help you.

greetings Woelfchen
Server: Abaddon’s Mouth

P.S.: The ‘zero-ping’ bug seems to occure sometimes. A guildmate and I had it last week, too.

(edited by Woelfchen.1563)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Arcan Soulstorm.4356

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

Just DC’d T4 EU (Elona) while capping Umber (No zerg in sight).

Der Spiel-Client hat die Verbindung zum Server verloren. Bitte wartet einige Minuten ab, bevor Ihr erneut versucht, den Client zu starten. (Code=7:11:3:191:101)

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Filovirus.6258

Don’t be so harsh. I’m currently in a server that was perfect at prime before, only small and short queue’s, just like yours. Now, if people aren’t 30 minutes early they’re stuck in queue for well over an hour. Yesterday we had over 6 people disconnect and quitting the raid because they couldn’t get back in. We had more people suffering from lag and high ping than any other day. Clearly, it’s not working. Normally over 80 people fit in a map, Yesterday with rough estimates it was around 60, that’s a hell of a difference.

And again, different opinions mate, we’re quite a mature guild and if people can’t play when they get home from work, why play the game at all?

What he is doing IS working actually, because it reduced/made better a lot of the problems that arose with the “fix” they introduced shortly after the stab patch…. and it’s still a work in progress.

There is no point in whinning about the fact that “it’s not working perfectly RIGHT NOW” when he is dead in the middle of working on it and trying to pinpoint the (numerous) problems….

And pretending it was “perfect” before, let me laugh, even on T7/8 there was regular occurences of massive lag spikes leading to random disconnects, whole borderland that were naught unplayable for whole match ups, and so on and so on, regularily for the past year or more……

The problem with your state of mind and how you behave is that it’s a whole “don’t touch anything, it’s broken as Hell but we are use to it, and we will burn you on a stake if you try anything to make things better if that means a few days of things being worse…..”, and that’s the worst possible stand.

Even with reduced map cap, the things were BETTER than after the “segregation” of WvW servers post Stab patch….. and now they are far better again, nearly back to normal, and we might even see improvements later if he can manage that.

I don’t know for you, but i’m fine with 4/5 days of turmoil for that result and find it silly as Hell people whinning it’s not getting better “fast enough” to their taste like you do, on top of being totally counterproductive.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

Can a few of you stop acting like complete and total kitten bags to the one dev in the entire history of this game that has actually paid attention to the WvW community and openly communicated with us on a serious issue affecting us all.

Thanks.

I for one really appreciate this Stephen.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Hi Stephen,

I was in WvW some last night (Henge of Denravi is my home server) with my Ranger, and I was getting some lag on using the pet F2 skill, like some serious lag…as in it wouldn’t fire and then after a fight all of a sudden my pet would go stealth(Jungle Stalker). I also experienced some skill lags during combat, about 1-2 seconds in some cases as has been listed before…not large scale fights…most were about 5-6 v 5-6…so not a huge battle…just letting you know some other details.

Thanks for working and communicating with us on this issue.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Daliz.8394

Daliz.8394

@ cillard we all do, but lowering the cap on all 4 bl maps is not gona solve anything. that is ~40-60 ppl that cant play, and it will make ques and ppl will come here to forum and complain, so either add a new bl map so that the 40-60 ppl have somewhere to go (not eotm because that is the biggest load of crap in gw2 history) or add the “normal” size bl map aigen.

oh and on “most” eu server Red map is lagging rly rly bad

VII

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: this is wrekks.7602

this is wrekks.7602

You do realize that lowering the cap was/is a temporary thing? Right? Right!?!?!?!?!

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Wartna.8671

What he is doing IS working actually, because it reduced/made better a lot of the problems that arose with the “fix” they introduced shortly after the stab patch…. and it’s still a work in progress.

There is no point in whinning about the fact that “it’s not working perfectly RIGHT NOW” when he is dead in the middle of working on it and trying to pinpoint the (numerous) problems….

And pretending it was “perfect” before, let me laugh, even on T7/8 there was regular occurences of massive lag spikes leading to random disconnects, whole borderland that were naught unplayable for whole match ups, and so on and so on, regularily for the past year or more……

The problem with your state of mind and how you behave is that it’s a whole “don’t touch anything, it’s broken as Hell but we are use to it, and we will burn you on a stake if you try anything to make things better if that means a few days of things being worse…..”, and that’s the worst possible stand.

Even with reduced map cap, the things were BETTER than after the “segregation” of WvW servers post Stab patch….. and now they are far better again, nearly back to normal, and we might even see improvements later if he can manage that.

I don’t know for you, but i’m fine with 4/5 days of turmoil for that result and find it silly as Hell people whinning it’s not getting better “fast enough” to their taste like you do, on top of being totally counterproductive.

Calm the kitten down, jesus. I’m not whining at all, calm down

I was talking about queue’s being perfect not the lag. Where the hell do you get all these accusations from anyways? Read my post again, i’m merely talking about the map cap, no where do I state I do not like what Stephen is doing. I’m very thankfull someone is looking into it and I understand it takes time and different approaches. How in the world do you know what my mindstate is?

Please try to read what people post a bit more and don’t get so salty…
(Or not, this is the WvW forum after all)

Far Shiverpeaks
Kalevala [KALE]

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Hi Stephen. On Blackgate here. I experienced some truly horrible lag tonight around 6am PST when we were defending an attack on our Lowlands Keep on EBG. My ping jumped up to 4000. My lag involved watching everything about 30 seconds delayed rather than watching people run into walls. I’d try walk up to our keep from spawn, and the event notifications when you get into range of objectives in WvW wouldn’t show up until much later (nor did the buffs we had on our keep), even though I was smashing my face up against our portal trying to get past the gate, which was delayed as well. Similar thing happened when we launched an attack on JQBL’s Bay keep, though I spiked up to around 1000 ping, rather than 4000.

Now, I didn’t disconnect through any of these fights, I simply experienced a lot of lag. My teamspeak ping was around 350-400 during these fights and was working fine. It just seemed that there was a lot of packet loss between my ISP and ANet’s servers. Next time it happens, I’ll try running a ping plotter to see where the packet loss is, but thought I might as well add this point.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

I wonder if u loose more players with the 10% lower Cap then with the lag ? In the long run Id say u need to come up with a solution rather then a small fix. And seeing the number of viewers on stream thats dubbled since EXP announcment and ofc the closer we get to its release u may wanna pull some Devs towards this Issues asap.

This WvW Lag has bin bad since Sep/Oct 2014 and really really bad since Stab-Patch, I have absolutely no hope u sort this out before the Expansion.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hi all – we’re aware of the problem and working on a solution.

Working on a solution to a problem that is over a year old.

That’s terrifying to anyone who knows computers, programming and databases.

Lowering the people in WvW isn’t a solution – it’s just crowd control that will make it harder to rally people and make for larger queues.

Why aren’t you allowing real computer professionals into your beta testing pool again????

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hi Stephen,

I was in WvW some last night (Henge of Denravi is my home server) with my Ranger, and I was getting some lag on using the pet F2 skill, like some serious lag…as in it wouldn’t fire and then after a fight all of a sudden my pet would go stealth(Jungle Stalker). I also experienced some skill lags during combat, about 1-2 seconds in some cases as has been listed before…not large scale fights…most were about 5-6 v 5-6…so not a huge battle…just letting you know some other details.

Thanks for working and communicating with us on this issue.

Skill “lag” is one thing.

Skills not going off period, has arrived.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Hi all – we’re aware of the problem and working on a solution.

Working on a solution to a problem that is over a year old.

That’s terrifying to anyone who knows computers, programming and databases.

Lowering the people in WvW isn’t a solution – it’s just crowd control that will make it harder to rally people and make for larger queues.

Why aren’t you allowing real computer professionals into your beta testing pool again????

First off did you even read all of these posts? Lowering the cap was NEVER the solution, it was something he tried per what players ASKED him try.

Second I’ve been getting bad lag spikes for about 2 weeks.. NOT YEARS. Last night after the patch we had a few 3 way battles and I had NO LAG SPIKES or Skill lags.

So if you ask me those lag spikes are gone. Something that has been only happening for a few weeks.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

You know, it’s funny to hear this because they’ve been working on bettering the server lag for a long time, making smaller and smaller improvements. I don’t know exactly when it was, maybe about 9 months ago, but they did some major release where they acknowledged that they did a major lag imporvement, and I didn’t have any server lag issues since then. I’ve since uped my graphics settings to maximum on everything except a couple things and my game’s been working great. This was the same experience with many other players.

However, some fellow guildies at the time were still experiencing the same lag issues they had before that patch a long time ago. They had excellent systems as well. I never did figure out what it could be, but there is definitely some kind of disparity between people.

Unless everyone is experiencing the same thing at the same exact time, then it’s something to do on your end with your computer, router, isp, or some router/isp between your service provider and anet servers.

This is, however, wandering off the thread topic, which is the server lag introduced in the mid-March patch.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: zach.9726

zach.9726

I like how the “How to Address Lag” post is basically a non-answer dodging questions about the lag. It has nothing to do with my connection or thousands of others with more than sufficient connectivity.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Weird that there are somehow more foes than friendlies on our GH borderlands right now. And a evening que all night of about 25. Something wrong with the map totals that does not affect the other servers????

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: wolf.5298

wolf.5298

The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:11:3:191:101)

At 22:36h UTC+2 on Kodash (DE) server/Borderlands. Dc happened shortly after zerg fight.
I’m using /clientport 443 and/StreamingClient.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Ok after several weeks of major lags … someone decided finaly to lower caps to check what happens.
Things seems better now..but of course less player can join.
Should we conclude it is server lag and that it is definitely an issue on Anet’s side ?
Is there some start of beginning of root cause analyzis now ?
Is stab change one of the origin of issues ?
What is the action plan now ?

I really appreciate someone is looking at the issue…but reducing the number of player cap in two weeks of unplayable periods is far from what will be necessary to come to a serious conclusion.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

You do realize that lowering the cap was/is a temporary thing? Right? Right!?!?!?!?!

I really hope things will not remain this way…but after two weeks…nothing else seems to be on the table….
Hope this is a nogo for HOT release until they solve the issue correctly.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

These issues will need to be isolated and addressed before the HoT update.

Otherwise it’s going to be a major flop for Anet’s bottom line.

I hope they will dedicate more resources/staff into addressing the lag/skill issue. It’s extremely important for the future of GW2 and should be treated as a matter of high priority with urgency. The last tweak you did to move us away from the troubling server was a good move and had some noticeable improvement. I hope that there is more being done on this matter.

Thanks Anet devs for putting in the work.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyer.5716

Zephyer.5716

Weird thing tonight, roaming on Gandarra BL with 3 other guildies.
1 was constantly lagging with a ping around 80 and FPS 90-100.

I myself didn’t have any problems with ping +/- 40 and FPS 40-60.

GoT the will to win? GoT the will to conquer?
Then you have GoT to apply to GuildofTweakers, ‘the’ Dutch/Belgium guild in GW2.

WvW Lag March 2015

in WvW

Posted by: TotallyNotPaxx.1524

TotallyNotPaxx.1524

Just wanted to chime in that lag during oceanic (in T2 NA) has been completely normal for me (‘normal’ being 200-300 ping anyway lol). Any lag I experienced was on my end.

However when I get the chance to play NA it lags on both my accounts (AR and FA) on various maps. EBG on AR was unplayable for at least a few weeks, but seems to have resolved itself on that map recently

Kaineng > BP > FA/Mag > FA/DB > FA/AR.
Casual oceanic scrublord.