WvW Map Cap 10% lower

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

More than two weeks has been passed since the map cap reduction…

so, we have to assume this is this going to be a permanent change?

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

+1. Enough with the “testing” put it back to normal. The main problem now is people joining WvW early and going AFK so they don’t get stuck in Q’s later – which just leads to less people in WvW. Anet caused this problem, now put it back!

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: BranZ.1039

BranZ.1039

The queues are a big issue right now (at least here on SFR). You spend too much time waiting for half of your guild to join a borderland while you see so many afk people also waiting for their mates to join. We really need clarification if this map limit will remain in the future or this problem is still on the way to get “solved”. Speaking about me I’d rather play with a bit of lags untill you solve the problem than having so big queues where you can’t play at all.

SFR – [eP] Branzus Longus

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

be careful what you ask for, it might be the band-aid or nothing….

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Kresh and Ins ( SFR And Deso ) wanna blob more… GG
wonder why they complain FSP outnumber them always

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

map cap lowered ? really ? is it patch-noted?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Kresh and Ins ( SFR And Deso ) wanna blob more… GG
wonder why they complain FSP outnumber them always

Of course FSP always outnumber them. SFR and Deso only bring like 20 people to every engagement. At least thats what they say, I havent made any exact counts.

What was the max count originally? I think we got like 70 people (supply count) onto an empty border with a few roamers. After that, queue. So the limit is definetly higher than 60 at least.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The queues are a big issue right now (at least here on SFR).

That’s how it should be: Spread out or be stuck in queue.

There are plenty of server with a lot of free space, e.g. most 2 maps with queue.

Doesn’t really makes sense to base capacity on the demand of the overstacked server.

But here is the solution, on the next occassion buy another account for 10€ that’s less than 50% of the cost of a transfer: Queue on SFR and play elsewhere, I think a lot of people now do it that way. At least I hear that more and more often.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

map cap lowered ? really ? is it patch-noted?

They do not officially reveal the exact cap. In the past the number was 80. Then recently it was 60. Now it could be different.

The lag is still bad even with the program called wtfast.

It is speculated that stab changes may have caused the lag. Not really sure

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

It wasn’t patch noted but was stated cap were reduced. Have a read through the WvW lag thread.

The map caps are about 10% lower than when I started looking into this. I’m not comfortable raising them higher right now. Sorry!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Lag-March-2015/page/9#post4958377

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Gladys.3542

Gladys.3542

Nononono Lets reduce the map cap to 50.

Then SFR will fall apart. Because they can’t karma train below 50.

From Hola.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

Would be awesome if they could raise the cap to the normal again, it’s awful to be in a queue for 1 hour in the primetime, just because of those missing 20 – 25 spaces in the map

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

I actually do like the reduced caps, it reduces effectiveness of the silly borderhopping map blob “tactics”, that German servers so like and encourages spreading between maps.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I also like it and I think this helped to finally balance the NA tier 3.

Heiann – NSP

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Well I checked deso q at the same time last night as SFR- deso had a 40 q for Gandara and no q for other maps, SFR had 30 q for eb, and between 10 and 25 for the other maps. deso don’t have SFR this week so no stack on SFR home bl.

When I finally got into SFR home BL we had around 30 people walking around garri or just standing there with tags I’ve never seen, whilst the enemy had two groups of around 30ish merrily capping towers and we had maybe 5-10 following the pug comm.

Q on one map was purely for gvg’s.

It’s generally later on that the q’s disappear and the blob gets bigger on both sides. prime time at weekends we tend to see two 30ish JS guild _ pug blobs trying to out move our 30-40 pug blob.

Seems SFR have gained a lot of new wallflowers since the last sale as well as some new guilds (that don’t speak English).

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

When I finally got into SFR home BL we had around 30 people walking around garri or just standing there with tags I’ve never seen, whilst the enemy had two groups of around 30ish merrily capping towers and we had maybe 5-10 following the pug comm.

Well, that is not a problem of reduced map cap, these people would be there anyway

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

at nights , home borders should have maximum 40 men each side . night blob-bombing against outnumbered servers has as result of furstation of the defenders .

eb is more than enough as map to have 80 men each side all the times .

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Baldrick.8967

at nights , home borders should have maximum 40 men each side . night blob-bombing against outnumbered servers has as result of furstation of the defenders .

eb is more than enough as map to have 80 men each side all the times .

40 isn’t enough- that’s only two 20 man guild teams.

Maybe the solution would be to have different maximums for different tiers.

The real solution to unbalanced matchups would be to make it worthwhile for the rest of the server population to want to do it….

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Seems like the 10% reduction is here to stay then as the ‘fix’?

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

should have been 25% reduction….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

We saw more than 60 on map last night from one server, so maybe it’s been reverted?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

We saw more than 60 on map last night from one server, so maybe it’s been reverted?

Nope, nowadays I’ve seen max 64 players on tag before the queue hits. Before the -10% cap we had even 86 people once. Also you could fill three guilds with 25 people in a border easily, now it’s so hard to fill three guilds with 15 – 20 people

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Please revert the maps back to their original caps.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

No no!

• It’s still very laggy
  • 90% of all server are still not able to fill all 4 maps in prime

Reduce the map-cap even more!

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The borderlands are back to normal for some time again already, only EBG still has the lower cap.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Lag-March-2015/page/8#post4955872

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Lower the cap please. It still lags.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

No no!

• It’s still very laggy

I am not having much of an issue with lag. Raise that cap up.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Baldrick.8967

No no!

• It’s still very laggy

I am not having much of an issue with lag. Raise that cap up.

I’m glad the game exists purely to satisfy your requirements…

Lowering the cap is such a cop out though, when they should be working on designing maps that include even more players and make it strategically impossible for one mega blob to win.

Since that’s not going to happen, I guess we’re going to be stuck with dwindling numbers and lower caps along with more outmanned as the wvw population dwindles even more.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

+1. Enough with the “testing” put it back to normal. The main problem now is people joining WvW early and going AFK so they don’t get stuck in Q’s later – which just leads to less people in WvW. Anet caused this problem, now put it back!

Exaclty this, and it makes emercency defends really kitten hard also.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I have noticed less lag with the reduced player cap, so the new player limit per map are better for me.

Even though I play on one of those “full” and “overpopulated” servers there is usually 1-2 maps without any queue during prime time or the queue is very short (waiting less than 2 minutes doesn’t ruin the game for me). Outside prime time there is rarely any queues at all.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

balance wise it’s better to atleast keep the cap where it is, if not lower it even more. If you don’t like being stuck in a que, how about transfering away from your overstacked server? There are still servers that can barely fill a single map on prime time.

Lag wise it’s even better – i have noticed barely any lag after the cap got lowered.

I think lowering the map cap is a win-win situation.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

balance wise it’s better to atleast keep the cap where it is, if not lower it even more. If you don’t like being stuck in a que, how about transfering away from your overstacked server? There are still servers that can barely fill a single map on prime time.

Lag wise it’s even better – i have noticed barely any lag after the cap got lowered.

I think lowering the map cap is a win-win situation.

Nah its loose – loose. Atm SFR has 34 queue even though there was no commander for like an hour.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

The borderlands are back to normal for some time again already, only EBG still has the lower cap.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Lag-March-2015/page/8#post4955872

This is not right because ~1 day after your post we got this info:

The map caps are about 10% lower than when I started looking into this. I’m not comfortable raising them higher right now. Sorry!

So right now the maps still aren’t back to normal cap.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

They went down 25% and then bumped back up but still down 10% lower. I don’t mind it being on TC but I understand that others may have queue issues.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

ilmau.9781

ok, i m sure not a lot time ago i saw a screenshoot of a commander getting 89 players on tag on borderland, we are going to try it again and i will let you know if the maps are back to “normal” (if there is a numbers to really be considered normal in this case) or if the cap is still lowered.

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

I think the caps got changed (lowered) several times sind release. Its hard to tell what the real numbers are
How old is the 89 people on tag screenshot? A few weeks ago Evil Liou said ebg cap is 70 max which seems realistic to me.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

ok, i m sure not a lot time ago i saw a screenshoot of a commander getting 89 players on tag on borderland, we are going to try it again and i will let you know if the maps are back to “normal” (if there is a numbers to really be considered normal in this case) or if the cap is still lowered.

That’s not necessarily accurate though. Population cap depends on tons of things besides number of players: number of minions, siege (golems at the very least), possibly minis, phase of the moon, etc.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hasn’t mattered to anyone on the top tiers.

Still the same queues.

Still the same lag.

Still the wrong way to handle the problem – we don’t need less people, we need SSD drives in these darn servers and plenty more of them.

Then they need to open the pipe to customers far more than they are. Many have very high speed internet that doesn’t hiccup in games with even higher specs than this one…

It’s not on the player’s side – when will they get that?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

map cap should be lowered to just 2 people each from each server, so we can play the true wvw game mode: eotm

[SA]

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

ilmau.9781

I think the caps got changed (lowered) several times sind release. Its hard to tell what the real numbers are
How old is the 89 people on tag screenshot? A few weeks ago Evil Liou said ebg cap is 70 max which seems realistic to me.

yep! now it seems to be capped at 70 -.-’’ that s why i m here to argue, since they said it was put back to “normal” but it is not. It has been lowered of about 20% or more.

The screen with 89 ppl (i ll find him and post there asap) gas been taken on FSP about 2 months ago, beafore the skill lag issue and the map cap reduction

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast

(edited by ilmau.9781)

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

ilmau.9781

found it! it was 88 not 89 soz xD

Attachments:

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Nice, judging from the daily achievement popping up its a fairly recent screenshot, too.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: maybe.5086

maybe.5086

There are a lot of discussions going on seperate thread which are actually somewhat related.

• If the map caps reduced, will ANET consider reducing Server population cap as well?
  • If I remember right they said one of the reasons for recent lag was WWW was pulling resources assigned to PVE and it is decoupled now. How about WWW vs EOTM. Are the using the same resources?
  • How is the resources in this map calculated, like normal WWW? Because there are hardly any fights happeneing there, so if there some initial allocations done, may be they can be reduced.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

ilmau.9781

Nice, judging from the daily achievement popping up its a fairly recent screenshot, too.

Screen has been taken after TT / SLAY moved from SFR to PS so it is no more than 4-5 months ago (i don t remember exactly).

Btw, we did another test yesterday, and still can t get more than 70 on tag.

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

READ AND NOTE, IT’S WALL OF TEXT BUT IT’S REALITY AND IT’S A SHAME:
To ALL people that think this helped and ArenaNet, sincirely.
For more then 2 weeks you are testing this theory of limiting numbers on borders.
So far we had every day a HUGE fight in EB since we are T1 server (Gandara) and let me tell you that limiting server numbers did not solve the rubber bending, skill lag and disconnects, nothing really changed it’s only annoying as hell for populated servers to get limited.

Let me tell you what you’ve done ArenaNet. In WvW we have 4 maps, yes i know you know it, BUT, EB is the place where people most queue for, home border is where people mostly AFK and wait for EB queue to pop AND other two borders are mainly for closed raids of guilds.
Now what have you really done? You limited borderlands for 20% and lets say our home-border is GREEN, then blue and red is meant for raids, guilds usually start raiding at evenings around 20:00, what this means for a guild, we have to queue 20 min before raid to a border just to get 15 people guild into same border without being let out, and pray for not getting disconnect, IF we do, we are out in queue for 90 minutes.. which can mean end for your raid for this evening.. On the other hand, if there is attack on home-borderland there is NO WAY to save it, because there is normally 15-30 people AFK @main way-point. They don’t respond on HELP calls in map/team chat, and people that want to help, are stuck in queue, so we are left like with 20 people vs double our numbers..
The worst part of this limitation? Guilds that raid on same border, at the same time, did start to whisper other guilds, to stop raiding, call names, and insult people because they couldn’t get people in the same border. Things went so far, that guilds are insulting each other instead of helping the server. They leave each other to die when there is outnumbered fight, and they could fight together to make it even, but in return they let them fail alone, and they just retreat like nothing happened.

TL;DR, ArenaNet fixed nothing on T1 servers, they caused only to:

• AFK people on home-border
  • people in home border cannot defend because there is normally around 20 people afk, and do not respond on help calls, and other people cannot queue in because of those afk ppl.
  • people that raid on same border at the same time, they start insulting other guilds that try to raid there
  • skill lag, rubber-bending and disconnects did not leave even where there is no huge fights
  • ping to google from EU to NA is 35ms, ping to EU server is normally 100, and it’s EU server.. but from 19-0:00 there is always rubber-bends and ping up to 600-1000ms for entire server.

You fixed null, nothing, zero.. So please reverse changes, imagine PvE limitation on 50 people Teq, people would be sick of it a lot sooner then 14 days… People would tear you apart if this would happen in PvE and you know it.. so sincerely reverse the fix and start working on fix harder. People who play GW2 only for WvW like me, don’t deserve this kind of punishment. Thank you for reading.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

READ AND NOTE, IT’S WALL OF TEXT BUT IT’S REALITY AND IT’S A SHAME:
To ALL people that think this helped and ArenaNet, sincirely.
For more then 2 weeks you are testing this theory of limiting numbers on borders.
So far we had every day a HUGE fight in EB since we are T1 server (Gandara) and let me tell you that limiting server numbers did not solve the rubber bending, skill lag and disconnects, nothing really changed it’s only annoying as hell for populated servers to get limited.

Let me tell you what you’ve done ArenaNet. In WvW we have 4 maps, yes i know you know it, BUT, EB is the place where people most queue for, home border is where people mostly AFK and wait for EB queue to pop AND other two borders are mainly for closed raids of guilds.
Now what have you really done? You limited borderlands for 20% and lets say our home-border is GREEN, then blue and red is meant for raids, guilds usually start raiding at evenings around 20:00, what this means for a guild, we have to queue 20 min before raid to a border just to get 15 people guild into same border without being let out, and pray for not getting disconnect, IF we do, we are out in queue for 90 minutes.. which can mean end for your raid for this evening.. On the other hand, if there is attack on home-borderland there is NO WAY to save it, because there is normally 15-30 people AFK @main way-point. They don’t respond on HELP calls in map/team chat, and people that want to help, are stuck in queue, so we are left like with 20 people vs double our numbers..
The worst part of this limitation? Guilds that raid on same border, at the same time, did start to whisper other guilds, to stop raiding, call names, and insult people because they couldn’t get people in the same border. Things went so far, that guilds are insulting each other instead of helping the server. They leave each other to die when there is outnumbered fight, and they could fight together to make it even, but in return they let them fail alone, and they just retreat like nothing happened.

TL;DR, ArenaNet fixed nothing on T1 servers, they caused only to:

• AFK people on home-border
  • people in home border cannot defend because there is normally around 20 people afk, and do not respond on help calls, and other people cannot queue in because of those afk ppl.
  • people that raid on same border at the same time, they start insulting other guilds that try to raid there
  • skill lag, rubber-bending and disconnects did not leave even where there is no huge fights
  • ping to google from EU to NA is 35ms, ping to EU server is normally 100, and it’s EU server.. but from 19-0:00 there is always rubber-bends and ping up to 600-1000ms for entire server.

You fixed null, nothing, zero.. So please reverse changes, imagine PvE limitation on 50 people Teq, people would be sick of it a lot sooner then 14 days… People would tear you apart if this would happen in PvE and you know it.. so sincerely reverse the fix and start working on fix harder. People who play GW2 only for WvW like me, don’t deserve this kind of punishment. Thank you for reading.

+1 just admit you failed anet and go back to the initial map caps.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Maybe its Anets way to force people to transfer servers to make more money of WvW players

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

People stacks on T1 and then complains about queue…

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

People stacks on T1 and then complains about queue…

The queues were almost gone except for a few times a week, now they are back on all maps.

WvW Map Cap 10% lower

in WvW

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

remove the caps altogether, count the number of people who show up at peak times, Reset the caps based on server rank, as a percentage of those peak numbers.

this forums’ functionality is horrible…