WvW Patch Notes 13th December 2016

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-13-2016

World vs. World
General

• On Friday’s reset (12/16), skirmish points will change:
    • 1st place will be awarded 2 points.
    • 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded 1 point.
    • This is a change that we and the players wanted to try. If we aren’t happy with the results, we can change the skirmish score values again.

War score floaters have been added.

• When war score is earned via various activities, floaters will now appear above various things to display the amount of points earned for all teams.
    • When an objective is captured/ticks, the war score will appear above the lord.
      • When a player is killed, the war score will appear above the player.
      • When a sentry is captured/ticks, the war score will appear above the capture point.
      • When a shrine is captured, the war score will appear above the shrine.
      • When a dolyak is killed or makes it to an objective, the war score will appear above the dolyak.

Thanks for these new things. I know we were hoping for more (we always are, ofc), but these look like good changes anyway.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Very needed changes, one of the best these years. Been requested so many times and they finally did it weeeee.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Happy to see these changes. I know it was said in the forums that this change would encourage the second and third place servers to fight less against each other and more against the top server, but realistically how many people expect to see a noticeable difference in how each server plays? I don’t, people are lazy and want to kill easy targets, for second place that would be the server in third place usually

in WvW

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Once again CLASS BALANCE is ignored in wvw.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

I don’t, people are lazy and want to kill easy targets, for second place that would be the server in third place usually

I would say people are efficient, rather than lazy.

I’m no behavioural analyst, but I suppose that the thinking is that one guaranteed point is better than the possibility of two.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

This was a patch, not a WvW patch or update so I didn’t expect much. It’s good to see WvW got something, and is not being ignored.

Not sure how I feel about the detail though. I read them this way:

• There’s now no point fighting for second place. Win or don’t bother seems to be the message.
  • More visual clutter being spammed during fights. Wonder if it will increase lag?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

First or nothing, how does it affect the people who don’t care about winning or losing?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Sky Fell.7604

Sky Fell.7604

I posted this in the other thread, but I’ll post here too since nobody has mentioned it yet.

I don’t mind the top server getting double teamed, but this could result in a consistently third place server taking second place for the week.
Server A almost always wins 1st each skirmish.
Server B always takes 2nd.
Server C almost always takes 3rd.
If Server C can pull out even one 1st place in a skirmish, they’d be ranked 2nd for the week. How is that fair for Server B?

in WvW

Svarty.8019

• There’s now no point fighting for second place. Win or don’t bother seems to be the message.

First or nothing, how does it affect the people who don’t care about winning or losing?

Let’s be honest. Scores are like a tertiary part of the game really. Nobody is trying to score points – We want;

• to kill enemies, and while that’s happening;
    • to maintain ownership of, and upgrade our own stuff, and,
    • give enemies a black eye by downgrading their stuff, and,
    • kick them in the nuts by defending their stuff from a recap

Scores are there to make the matches even in that they should determine which enemies we get matched up with next time.

Having said all of that. I would sort of agree with your assessment, and it should give more even second and third places per match, with the dominant side being kingmaker – I expect to see more angry politics in-game as players gain more hatred for these dominators. Hatred, good! Yeeeessss..

in WvW

Posted by: indiesicky.2874

indiesicky.2874

…in PvP only.
…in PvP only.
…in PvP only.
…in PvP only.

PvP is their precious baby. WvW is the adopted one with the extra chromosome.

in WvW

Posted by: Isbot.6701

Isbot.6701

Svarty.8019

“Let’s be honest. Scores are like a tertiary part of the game really. Nobody is trying to score points "

I am trying to score points (and I know others who do as well).

One thing I have always liked about WvW is there are a lot of different ways to play and I have never viewed any of them as wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

War score floaters: “When a player is killed, the war score will appear above the player.”
Is it me or this really shouldn’t be a thing? We must have a way to turn this off or any large scale combat is going to be terribly annoying with these floaters.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

Already annoyed about floaters because war scores are nonsense to me.

in WvW

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

I think the war score floaters are awesome, all that’s missing is a screen shake to accompany it

in WvW

Offair.2563

So far i dont really mind it however an option to disable/relocate them would be nice. It’s like the xx has capped xx message; right in your face, along with all the aoe particle spam it gets really cluttered.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

Very needed changes, one of the best these years. Been requested so many times and they finally did it weeeee.

can we have more npc that flees when you loose a tower-keep?

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

can we have more npc that flees when you loose a tower-keep?

Yes, wvw needs more dynamic events to make it more realistic.
Other things could be adding trees around camps, and make another npc which goes to chop the wood and bring it back to the camp before increasing sups. Of course if an enemy player kills it, it doesnt affect the sups, or maybe it should?
Something really needs to be added to the skritt and centaur areas, they are just dead zones in the alpine maps. Maybe make them like the hylek and dredge in eb, cap it and it spawns npcs which help attack the camp and perhaps even towers.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They updated some classes in wvw it was just not a pure spvp thing. The slow on traps over daze is a big deal for wvw as blocking was becoming more of a liability then def tool. Now that drg have an unblocking slow its a lot harder to pull ppl out of blocks and we may see the slow becoming a major tool for zergs / groups. Core ele got an soso update its not much but it helps having a shield trigger at 50% hp and be on a 60 sec cd vs its 25% hp trigger 75 sec cd. (glass core ele are a bit harder to kill)

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Svarty.8019

I fear we’re all wasting our time here. Lest we forget, here is what the PvP forum looks like at the moment.

I look forward to the WvW forum having this much developer attention after the upcoming WvW patch!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

…in PvP only.
…in PvP only.
…in PvP only.
…in PvP only.

PvP is their precious baby. WvW is the adopted one with the extra chromosome.

QFT!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I fear we’re all wasting our time here. Lest we forget, here is what the PvP forum looks like at the moment.

I look forward to the WvW forum having this much developer attention after the upcoming WvW patch!

wow….that’s a bit insulting? lol

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

To be fair a good portion of those Red posts are Evan making Snarky comments at bad players……

in WvW

Offair.2563

To be fair a good portion of those Red posts are Evan making Snarky comments at bad players……

Still a form of communication, something that wvw forum lacks badly.

#BringbackTylerBearce.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: KiloCharlieRomeo.1874

KiloCharlieRomeo.1874

Is there a way to turn off the War-score-floaters? I think it is a nice feature but some just do not want to have extra stuff on the screen – so it should stay only an option