WvW Poll 29 Sept.: Repair Hammers (Closed)

in WvW

Posted by: Grant Gertz

Grant Gertz

Producer: WvW, PvP, and Fractals

Next

A message from the WvW Team,
The next WvW Poll is up!
http://www.guildwars2.com/feedback
Please share your thoughts and feedback on the poll in this thread!

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

I’d rather have them removed. Blobs can pretty much keep repairing cata’s until a wall is down if they have enough players around.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

I thought the repair hammers were gonna replace having the need to use material, and just have endless supply built into it, but since you need hammer + supply to fix something, that seems like extra work.. when just carrying supply was just as good.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

in WvW

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

FYI Pole is broke.. takes me to https://account.arena.net/overview

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

FYI Pole is broke.. takes me to https://account.arena.net/overview

I had the same issue, but I fixed it by logging out of the forums and logging in when the poll prompted me to.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Endelon.1042

Endelon.1042

Please stop making polls and stop using them provide the illusion of feedback.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The poll link is broken it takes me to account overview.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

As of 8pm EST on the 29th, 18.1% of people who have participated in the poll have opted out of voting one way or the other. That’s a pretty large % of players that either don’t care or haven’t seen enough to make a decision yet.

@Anet if that % doesn’t drop significantly you may want to consider extending the beta test of repair hammers through some of the other changes coming to WvW to give people more time to test them and form an opinion of whether they are good or bad

in WvW

Posted by: redwing.9580

redwing.9580

I’ll be honest I don’t feel like repair hammers where in the game long enough to really see if what effect they had on the game

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

To be honest I’ve never really seen them being used. (And really didn’t know we had then since the beginning of August already o.O)
I’ve never seen a commander really asking to use them even though I WvW quite regularly. I guess I’m gonna try to see if I can do something with them the next days but since I didn’t really read any complaints about them being op or abused, even if they won’t be used a lot it seems like a nice tool to have just in case and I can’t really imagine anything speaking against them.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

they haven’t been in the game for weeks….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: zero.4895

zero.4895

meh move on next pls

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Didn’t even try them, didn’t see any effect. So it’s a null vote for me

in WvW

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

The poll link is broken it takes me to account overview.

same here..

in WvW

Gunner Morton.8340

As of 8pm EST on the 29th, 18.1% of people who have participated in the poll have opted out of voting one way or the other. That’s a pretty large % of players that either don’t care or haven’t seen enough to make a decision yet.

@Anet if that % doesn’t drop significantly you may want to consider extending the beta test of repair hammers through some of the other changes coming to WvW to give people more time to test them and form an opinion of whether they are good or bad

Just because they vote for the ’don’t count my vote’ option doesn’t mean they don’t have an idea of what it is like ingame. More than likely those votes mean ’Don’t care, waste of time, next poll please’.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I am one of those voters as I am quite indifferent to them. The idea is decent, but it feels like maybe they should have had a higher supply cost, like twice as much as originally building the damaged siege. A catapult that costs 40 supply to build would take 80 to fully repair, for example.

I remember hearing stories of being able to fully repair golems with just two of the things, which seemed overpowered.

So really my opinion would have been somewhere in between, but these polls have a tendency to lack nuance.

in WvW

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Honestly, while a neat idea, repair hammers for siege was the last thing WvW needed.

It needs to be less about siege and more about fights/roamers.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: NewDoctorWho.8031

NewDoctorWho.8031

Poll is broke take me to my account

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I like that they fixed the poll appearance to show the real percentages.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Repair hammers… does anyone use them? I actually bought a couple and forgot I had them. Frankly I don’t think they’re needed in WvW at all… kind of a waste of pocket change imo.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The fact that I didn’t notice them being used against me during their beta means I don’t see them having a game-breaking impact.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

OMG NO NO NO NO thats all we need besides siege hugging servers is repair hammers. THATS THE END OF WVW….

Pole is broken takes me to overview

(edited by kathy.8291)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Anyone having issues logging into the poll, don’t try to do it from a tablet or phone. It borks up for some reason. Just your PC.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

voted yes. but on the basis that they are a step forward toward spicing up and adding meaningful features to the mode. they fall short though since there is too much supply tossed around ingame. they rly need to limit the amount and or the access to supply.

But thats a separate issue…repair hammers themselves are a worthy addition.
I liked the idea of taking a keep with golemn rushes and healing the golemns for reuse if the enemy leaves the supply behind for you to use. i mean people just throw money at the game to make golemns when they need them. now you have the ability to look after them like pets if some1 wants to put the time in. thats the key…u need to put the time in to take care of them.

there were issues with zergs just wrecking the entire map with this method….but thats due to population imbalances, which is its own issue anet refuses to address.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Repair hammers… does anyone use them? I actually bought a couple and forgot I had them. Frankly I don’t think they’re needed in WvW at all… kind of a waste of pocket change imo.

if you dont use them or notice their use you should abstain from voting. people who use them in earnest should be the ones voting yes or no.

i hate to think some1 tries to deny features based on whether or not they personally use them. thats like me denying golemns from the game:
‘Golemns… does anyone use them? I actually bought a couple and forgot I had them. Frankly I don’t think they’re needed in WvW at all… kind of a waste of pocket change imo.’

doesnt give me the right to deny them from the game on the basis that i forgot they existed or dont use them.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Amenaza.8346

Amenaza.8346

WvW needs less siege-centric gameplay, not more.
It’s a No.

FSP
[echo]
I do not speak in the name of my guild

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Im thinking about voting no. It is simply too easy and effective for blobs… and anything that is good for blobs is a BIG NO NO from me.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: DreamyLove.8947

DreamyLove.8947

Need open Gliding at wvw ( exclude old wvw map )

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Im thinking about voting no. It is simply too easy and effective for blobs… and anything that is good for blobs is a BIG NO NO from me.

Yup. That’s why I voted no.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

For some reason, the hyperlink doesn’t work in Mozilla Firefox but it does work in Microsoft Edge.

A message from the WvW Team,
The next WvW Poll is up!
http://www.guildwars2.com/feedback
Please share your thoughts and feedback on the poll in this thread!

in WvW

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

I voted YES to keep the Repair hammers as I think they’re a nifty mechanic. However, in my occasional ventures into WvW since this feature started, I haven’t even seen people using them. I don’t think they really change much in the game format. My personal experience with the hammers is that they just wasted my supply and our siege weapons died anyway.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

I voted YES to keep the Repair hammers as I think they’re a nifty mechanic. However, in my occasional ventures into WvW since this feature started, I haven’t even seen people using them. I don’t think they really change much in the game format. My personal experience with the hammers is that they just wasted my supply and our siege weapons died anyway.

Me neither. While I’m sure people have used them, I haven’t seen it and I feel like a lot of the people who complain about how “broken” they are haven’t see much use of repair hammers either.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Repair hammers… does anyone use them?

I did, the problem being they can keep golems for a karma train from a large server going indefinitely. Damaged golems? Just take them to the nearest tower/keep/supply depot and fix them as supply becomes available.

This makes them incredibly cheap. You could repair 20 golems with a single hammer. Compared to golem blueprints the cost of a hammer and some supply is negligible.

Which also unfortunately makes them too powerful, at least in my opinion. At the moment golems cannot be repaired, which means they are vulnerable to damage over time. You might not destroy one the first time it attacks a tower, but you can cause significant damage. Eventually it will be destroyed. Having the repair option you only have to retreat from combat and heal it up.

I have no problems with it being for stationary siege.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

If this feature was to win out, which doesn’t currently look like it will reach the required super majority, can you at least disable the repairing of golems.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

50.1 vs 49.9…

Anyway, as implemented, repair hammer seems like a wasted idea. People barely know about them, and much siege is cheaper to buy new than a hammer.

Mostly, there need to be a specific (but narrow) use case in which the hammer is useful and effective, without being frustrating to attackers/defenders. The current hammer don’t seem to be needed or wanted in active fights. There is some usefulness when defending static siege is left at very low hit points and the fight is long over, but for that the hammer is too expensive for what it does. It often easier and simpler to just build fresh siege.

I could see a redesign where hammers did not cost any supply, but rather than repair instantly it gave siege a extremely slow healing effect that ticked until full health.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

How are you all who are able to get to the poll getting there? I just go to my account screen still (which I actually never knew existed so that’s pretty cool).

Edit. I pasted the link into Chrome and it worked.

in WvW

X T D.6458

How are you all who are able to get to the poll getting there? I just go to my account screen still (which I actually never knew existed so that’s pretty cool).

Edit. I pasted the link into Chrome and it worked.

You have to logout, click the link here, and login again when prompted, it will take you to the voting page if you want to change your vote or see the results.

in WvW

Gunner Morton.8340

Almost nobody is using repair hammers yet the result is 50 / 50? Its either rigged or PvE players are voting on kitten they have no knowledge of, skewing the result in the process.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Almost nobody is using repair hammers yet the result is 50 / 50? Its either rigged or PvE players are voting on kitten they have no knowledge of, skewing the result in the process.

Honestly if no one is using them then why bother removing them in the first place? Not like they are making an impact either way

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It’s WvW players reacting in a fearful way to anything related with the word “siege”.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I just do not think it was a good idea really. Takes away from the game imo. But maybe that is just me.

in WvW

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

It’s WvW players reacting in a fearful way to anything related with the word “siege”.

Pretty much yes, the poll was a forgone conclusion before it began… as far as I am concerned and the same is true for the poll about the next beta item. There is no way that either will realistically reach 75% supermajority and to tell the truth ArenaNet should already know that.

If anything they have their data from the beta, they should have just used that and made a decision, game designers as they are, as opposed to waste time on a poll whose result most people could predict.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Interesting that still 19.3% of players don’t care one way or the other. Which means that 40% of players want it to stay, and 40% of players want it to leave.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Repair hammers were removed after the trial were they not? So no-one can use them ATM.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

Previous

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

The poll has ended! The final results are:

51.4% – Yes
48.6% – No

Since “Yes” did not receive the required 75% of the vote, we will not be adding repair hammers to the game. Thank you to everyone who voted!

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Too bad. Maybe if siege would get a “Repair” skill instead, so you can either shoot with them OR repair, maybe that idea would get more positive votes.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Too bad. Maybe if siege would get a “Repair” skill instead, so you can either shoot with them OR repair, maybe that idea would get more positive votes.

It wouldn’t. People who WvW are so opposed to anything involving siege its beyond ridiculous. A lot of people saw no impact from these hammers as shown in this thread, and yet people are still complaining about the “impact” that they had.

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

It’s sad how a lot of ‘hardcore wvw’ players are narrow-minded. Most of them would like just a big, flat field with waypoints on opposite sides. With no textures, please, to increase FPS.
I came up on reddit with this:
Repair hammers should be a 6th (healing) skill of every siege weapon. You could hold it and charge like treb or cata, and while charging/holding, you slowly use supplies (1 at a time, maybe 2 with a mastery) to repair siege you are currently using. Either you shoot with siege or repair it. Repair Mastery would increase health gain to siege weapon by 10% per supply used, apply Iron Hide to you while using repair, increase repair speed by 20% and let you use 2 supply per repair tick, instead of 1. Maybe one more tier, some kind of buff if you manage to repair the siege to 100%, like 25% supply refund.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

Good riddance.

There is 1 rare scenario where repairing is actually needed: Cannons and mortars on keeps can be taken to 1% health by solo roamers making them useless when a zerg finally comes knocking on the gate.

Off-peak hour golem armies and prebuilt arrow cart arrays are unhealthy for the game. Repairing them would make it worse. I’d rather have all siege unrefreshable (it’s so boring anyway) and golems denied access to invulnerable areas. To compensate lower the supply costs within friendly objectives so that early scouts can build responses to assaults on the spot.

The actual implementation of the Repair Hammers was terrible. Had the implementation been better the vote results would be different. For example: oils/cannons/mortars regenerate health when keep is not contested.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

X T D.6458

It wouldn’t. People who WvW are so opposed to anything involving siege its beyond ridiculous. A lot of people saw no impact from these hammers as shown in this thread, and yet people are still complaining about the “impact” that they had.

Siege gets destroyed, build another whats the problem. Siege mechanics in wvw are already a mess and long due for an overhaul. I don’t want people who are glued to siege constantly repairing their ac’s, and I don’t want ktrain blobs repairing their catas and golems.