WvW Poll 31 May: Mixed Borderlands (CLOSED)

in WvW

Posted by: Budman.2934

Budman.2934

To be fair there were a lot of other factors that turned people away from wvw aside from the dbl, guild hall/upgrade grind for example, grinding pve for elite specs and other stuff, unbalanced gimmicks like banners, fog, airship etc.

Yes, so easiest way to know for sure is a poll :
Keep DBL or scrap DBL?
Wouldn’t that be easy if this were actually about what players wanted?

So I am assuming, by your above statement, and the many others that you have flailed about on these forums, that you, and you alone know what the players actually want?

Just going from the seemingly overwhelming confidence from your posts that YOU have your hand on the heartbeat of the playerbase.

In reality, I seriously doubt if any regular poster on these boards has even a slight clue as to what the majority of the playerbase finds to be fun in this game. It certainly varies with me and my wife, as well as a lot of my fellow guildies.

Anyways, this discussion is truly pointless. People’s opinions are very, very subjective….including (GASP!) yours.

i just want to run and spam 1 like i did when i was a lil Zergling LOL

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

To be fair there were a lot of other factors that turned people away from wvw aside from the dbl, guild hall/upgrade grind for example, grinding pve for elite specs and other stuff, unbalanced gimmicks like banners, fog, airship etc.

Keep DBL or scrap DBL?

So I am assuming, by your above statement, and the many others that you have flailed about on these forums, that you, and you alone know what the players actually want?

Just going from the seemingly overwhelming confidence from your posts that YOU have your hand on the heartbeat of the playerbase.

In reality, I seriously doubt if any regular poster on these boards has even a slight clue as to what the majority of the playerbase finds to be fun in this game. It certainly varies with me and my wife, as well as a lot of my fellow guildies.

Anyways, this discussion is truly pointless. People’s opinions are very, very subjective….including (GASP!) yours.

LOL. Me, I just want to pew, pew, pew my way to fun!

Loved your snarky graphic, btw.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

@Lil devils, Yes I am well aware of the flaws that the dbl has. I have been quite vocal about it ingame and on the forums. If I had it my way we would just have alpine until a better map can come along. HOWEVER, the reality is getting rid of it is not a choice for the poll, therefore I would rather be realistic. The best option as I see it is the 2alpine/1dbl choice, more choice, more variety, and we dont have to get stuck with dbl for 3 months.

The reality is it isn’t a choice in the poll means they refuse to listen to what the players have to say about = Players need to SPEAK LOUDER to be heard. If they are going to half do it , instead of do it right, it is up to the players to call them out on it. Either they are listening or they are not. If they would be willing to let thousands of players leave for 3 months or may not come back at all and stop waiting, that really goes to show their level of ca re about what players think then eh?

It is seriously messed up that people should be willing to " settle" for something they are obviously not happy with, and that the developer knows this and intentionally left it out for that reason does not mean players should just " take it". No, at that point if they want to ignore what players asked for an half do it, would be better to not play it at all then to just say " oh well I used to enjoy this game".. until they leave all together.

Has it ever occurred to you that the direction they’re currently heading might actually be the way the majority of the players want?

It certainly could be possible that your opinion on the fixes that you think they need to make might be in the minority, and not what most of the playerbase actually wants.

Players might not be “settling”. They just might not agree with what your opinion is on it all.

DID you miss the numbers after Hot and the months upon months of the game hemorrhaging players all the while them telling Anet in the forums it was due to the DBLS? I didn’t.. I talked many into coming back. Did it occur to you we had a poll about this too? We are not talking about a small number of players that left over the DBLs in the first place.

The numbers they posted in these very forums repeatedly showed that 1) EBG outnumbered all 3 DBLs combined in most every tier. 2) Alpine outnumbered EBG .. so what does that tell us? ALSO the number of guilds and players that left WvW over The DBLS was no small number, if they want those players to stay and continue to come back and grow, they cannot reverse the progress on that.

In fact, why not just make a poll asking how many want to scrap vs keep the DBL and you will find out pretty fast how this works..

you got 5 guys in a room maybe more maybe less maybe one is transgender and the rest is female, who knows however, they have to make a decision that will affect. how we as WvW players enjoy our game, maybe they made a few bad decisions before.

so now there starting a poll to see what the community wants and reading the forums on ideas they haven’t even thought of yet they have a few more ideas but there gonna let the community decide hence the poll….

but then they read the post about how anet is stupid and does everything wrong and to change everything back to way it was I hate this new stuff and so does everyone else which isn’t true and so I’m sure they just scroll down and look at the more positive post with actual feedback and ideas related to the game that could possibly make it better for everyone instead of complaining about it

this post is not completely related to the previous poster just to the majority of negative feedback on this and past forums

ACTUALLY, they are polling again ( like they used to) because players called them out on it. ( Those negative Nancies!) They are actually 100% fully are aware of these things.. it has been discussed at length.

Anet actually used polls to create GW2, and in those polls they told us that we asked for large scale PvP combat and they told us that they heard us and were giving it to us! At the same time, in fact the very same post on the same day that was asking them to go back to their roots and start polling again like they used to was the same post that asked them to only bring back Alpine ( immediately and not wait as they had originally intended) WHILE they made another map that had nothing to do with DBLs .. All of those things were in the same post and thread on the subject. We got the polling, we got the alpine.. but where is the map actually designed for PvP combat..?

ALMOST there.. but yet so far..

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Budman.2934

@Lil devils, Yes I am well aware of the flaws that the dbl has. I have been quite vocal about it ingame and on the forums. If I had it my way we would just have alpine until a better map can come along. HOWEVER, the reality is getting rid of it is not a choice for the poll, therefore I would rather be realistic. The best option as I see it is the 2alpine/1dbl choice, more choice, more variety, and we dont have to get stuck with dbl for 3 months.

The reality is it isn’t a choice in the poll means they refuse to listen to what the players have to say about = Players need to SPEAK LOUDER to be heard. If they are going to half do it , instead of do it right, it is up to the players to call them out on it. Either they are listening or they are not. If they would be willing to let thousands of players leave for 3 months or may not come back at all and stop waiting, that really goes to show their level of ca re about what players think then eh?

It is seriously messed up that people should be willing to " settle" for something they are obviously not happy with, and that the developer knows this and intentionally left it out for that reason does not mean players should just " take it". No, at that point if they want to ignore what players asked for an half do it, would be better to not play it at all then to just say " oh well I used to enjoy this game".. until they leave all together.

Has it ever occurred to you that the direction they’re currently heading might actually be the way the majority of the players want?

It certainly could be possible that your opinion on the fixes that you think they need to make might be in the minority, and not what most of the playerbase actually wants.

Players might not be “settling”. They just might not agree with what your opinion is on it all.

DID you miss the numbers after Hot and the months upon months of the game hemorrhaging players all the while them telling Anet in the forums it was due to the DBLS? I didn’t.. I talked many into coming back. Did it occur to you we had a poll about this too? We are not talking about a small number of players that left over the DBLs in the first place.

The numbers they posted in these very forums repeatedly showed that 1) EBG outnumbered all 3 DBLs combined in most every tier. 2) Alpine outnumbered EBG .. so what does that tell us? ALSO the number of guilds and players that left WvW over The DBLS was no small number, if they want those players to stay and continue to come back and grow, they cannot reverse the progress on that.

In fact, why not just make a poll asking how many want to scrap vs keep the DBL and you will find out pretty fast how this works..

you got 5 guys in a room maybe more maybe less maybe one is transgender and the rest is female, who knows however, they have to make a decision that will affect. how we as WvW players enjoy our game, maybe they made a few bad decisions before.

so now there starting a poll to see what the community wants and reading the forums on ideas they haven’t even thought of yet they have a few more ideas but there gonna let the community decide hence the poll….

but then they read the post about how anet is stupid and does everything wrong and to change everything back to way it was I hate this new stuff and so does everyone else which isn’t true and so I’m sure they just scroll down and look at the more positive post with actual feedback and ideas related to the game that could possibly make it better for everyone instead of complaining about it

this post is not completely related to the previous poster just to the majority of negative feedback on this and past forums

ACTUALLY, they are polling again ( like they used to) because players called them out on it. ( Those negative Nancies!) They are actually 100% fully are aware of these things.. it has been discussed at length.

Anet actually used polls to create GW2, and in those polls they told us that we asked for large scale PvP combat and they told us that they heard us and were giving it to us! At the same time, in fact the very same post on the same day that was asking them to go back to their roots and start polling again like they used to was the same post that asked them to only bring back Alpine ( immediately and not wait as they had originally intended) WHILE they made another map that had nothing to do with DBLs .. All of those things were in the same post and thread on the subject. We got the polling, we got the alpine.. but where is the map actually designed for PvP combat..?

So YEAH… LIKE WE WERE SAYING ANET IS COMMUNICATING WITH US!!!

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Keep DBL or scrap DBL?

Read back, look at the old polls. Talk to the players. Not " my opinion" . Just ask THEM. OH yea.. they already did. Did you miss the petitions? The boycott? Was already done.. They can take it a step further though, how about they actually email the poll to all past and present wvw players over a certain rank? like they did the ones they used to create this game and the ones they sent out after HOT?

I am not asking them to listen to me. I am asking them to listen to the players and actually ask the players. Why guess? ASK THEM.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Budman.2934

Keep DBL or scrap DBL?

Short bow Staff Thief running with Zerg using marauders armor and scrapper runes whacking a random guy over the head near a tower and taking his bags

its all about that PEW PEW baby its all about that AUTOCOLLECT!

Attachments:

in WvW

Teon.5168

Keep DBL or scrap DBL?

Short bow Staff Thief running with Zerg using marauders armor and scrapper runes whacking a random guy over the head near a tower and taking his bags

its all about that PEW PEW baby its all about that AUTOCOLLECT!

LMAO!!!! Perfect!

Me, it is all about the LB pew, pew, pew……lol.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Yes but it should not be removing the one thing players asked for from the polls. LOL
Part of communicating is listening… and not being THAT guy.. you know the guy.. the guy who knows exactly what the people want so offers anything EXCEPT for what they asked for.

You know that guy. They don’t have to be THAT guy.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Teon.5168

Keep DBL or scrap DBL?

Read back, look at the old polls. Talk to the players. Not " my opinion" . Just ask THEM. OH yea.. they already did. Did you miss the petitions? The boycott? Was already done.. They can take it a step further though, how about they actually email the poll to all past and present wvw players over a certain rank? like they did the ones they used to create this game and the ones they sent out after HOT?

I am not asking them to listen to me. I am asking them to listen to the players and actually ask the players. Why guess? ASK THEM.

You really need to lighten up. All that stress will catch up to you as you get older.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Teon.5168

Yes but it should not be removing the one thing players asked for from the polls. LOL
Part of communicating is listening… and not being THAT guy.. you know the guy.. the guy who knows exactly what the people want so offers anything EXCEPT for what they asked for.

You know that guy. They don’t have to be THAT guy.

Just one last comment that really has nothing to do with much of anything.

I bet you’re really salivating over the release, if it ever happens, of Camelot Unchained. Mark Jacobs told all of us DaoC faithful that that game would be his ultimate attempt at serious, very serious, hardcore wvw/rvr.

I’m not interested, but I imagine that game would fit you like a glove.

And the whole “that guy” absurdity? Again, maybe they just aren’t listening to you.

Have a great night!

I plan on having more pew pew fun in wvw tomorrow night…….again.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Keep DBL or scrap DBL?

You really need to lighten up. All that stress will catch up to you as you get older.

My stress relief is being able to play wvw with my friends and family. Wont be able to do that if they bring back DBLs since so many will leave again…

Will have to find another game for everyone to play together if that happens.. UGH half went to BDO last time and then the rest went to ESO but heard CU is supposed to be coming out at some point so at least there is that. It is just a pain to have to start a new game since people will not play this one anymore and if I want to play with them I don’t play either.

EDIT 4 your EDIT: Not looking forward to having to get everyone in one place again, but yes, that is the hope on the horizon.

Just look at the 1st page of this thread. It isn’t just “me” they are not listening to. That many posts on just page 1. WOW.

You see, this decision, runs off many players from the game, then it runs off the ones who want to play with those players as well, then the players who want to play with those players..

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Budman.2934

Keep DBL or scrap DBL?

My stress relief is being able to play wvw with my friends and family. Wont be able to do that if they bring back DBLs since so many will leave again…

Will have to find another game for everyone to play together if that happens.. UGH half went to BDO last time and then the rest went to ESO but heard CU is supposed to be coming out at some point so at least there is that. It is just a pain to have to start a new game since people will not play this one anymore and if I want to play with them I don’t play either.

EDIT 4 your EDIT: Not looking forward to having to get everyone in one place again, but yes, that is the hope on the horizon.

so what your saying is

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

1)Will the same amount of players who would defend the keeps on the ABL hop to DBL to defend the keeps? ( No they hate the DBL)

2)Will the same amount of players who build and refresh siege on the ABL hop to the DBL to do the same? ( No they hate the DBL)

3) Will the same amount of players who scout the ABL also scout the DBL? ( No they hate the DBL)
[…]
They do not play the game mode to stay on a map, they play the game mode to actually hop to all the maps to defend the objectives, and when no one shows up or sieges or defends due to most players hating the map.. the game mode is broken/ unplayable.

1. I would bet most would hop to there so long as its only a defence. After the changes to the DBL plenty of people were willing to defenda servers objectives on the map.

2. Those who build and refresh siege are teh deidcated players so I would say yes.

3. Scouts on JQ actually like the DBL better because there are more places to hide.

On your last point I think you are overstating it especially if its 1 DBL and 2 ABL.The map is poorly designed in a strategic sense but was playable once they made the changes to it.

This is not an argument of different vs the same. It is an argument of : design a GOOD map from the ground up for Nonstop PVP action vs take a crummy broken map and try to make it playable.

Voting out the DBL is voting out bad map and have them make better instead. Players deserve better instead of settling for this.

Tyler has explicitly stated that a vote for simultaneous means it is more likely that they will build another map ie. a vote for rotation means they won’t look at building a new map, at least in the short term. In a pragmatic sense it is the best solution considering the resources required to build a new map.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

1)Will the same amount of players who would defend the keeps on the ABL hop to DBL to defend the keeps? ( No they hate the DBL)

2)Will the same amount of players who build and refresh siege on the ABL hop to the DBL to do the same? ( No they hate the DBL)

3) Will the same amount of players who scout the ABL also scout the DBL? ( No they hate the DBL)
[…]
They do not play the game mode to stay on a map, they play the game mode to actually hop to all the maps to defend the objectives, and when no one shows up or sieges or defends due to most players hating the map.. the game mode is broken/ unplayable.

1. I would bet most would hop to there so long as its only a defence. After the changes to the DBL plenty of people were willing to defenda servers objectives on the map.

2. Those who build and refresh siege are teh deidcated players so I would say yes.

3. Scouts on JQ actually like the DBL better because there are more places to hide.

On your last point I think you are overstating it especially if its 1 DBL and 2 ABL.The map is poorly designed in a strategic sense but was playable once they made the changes to it.

This is not an argument of different vs the same. It is an argument of : design a GOOD map from the ground up for Nonstop PVP action vs take a crummy broken map and try to make it playable.

Voting out the DBL is voting out bad map and have them make better instead. Players deserve better instead of settling for this.

Tyler has explicitly stated that a vote for simultaneous means it is more likely that they will build another map ie. a vote for rotation means they won’t look at building a new map, at least in the short term. In a pragmatic sense it is the best solution considering the resources required to build a new map.

You do realize that the majority of the scouts on JQ were on this very forum already ranting about The DBLS? Scroll back month ago.. Oh wait there are JQ scouts on the very first page in this thread as well. I don;t think you are talking about many JQ scouts.. lol

ASK JQ’s most valuable scout..Dewolfe, he was here..

Every single time we map hopped on JQ to defend DBLs’ we lost half the zerg refusing to hop.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Budman.2934

anyways i think we nipped this thing in the butt i don’t see anymore people complaining about the maps so we can all agree for the current way things are going for now its a good option to add DBL back into rotation with alpine so everyone gets there piece of the candy without effecting one group over the other to negatively even for the ones that want to torch there GW2 account because of this option

if you opinion doesn’t feel like it has been heard post it here but understand negative feedback with most likely get a negative response hence the saying negative energies attract more negative energies

Attachments:

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

[…]

The pragmatic thing to do is to attempt to retain the game population until they get new maps made by Not bringing back DBL without polling " Keep or scrap? " first. Bringing it back knowing what happened last time would be the LEAST pragmatic thing to do if you do not want to lose more players and the money they spend.

’There is nothing pragmatic about running off players and funding from the game rather than trying to grow and increase the player base.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

anyways i think we nipped this thing in the butt i don’t see anymore people complaining about the maps so we can all agree for the current way things are going for now its a good option to add DBL back into rotation with alpine so everyone gets there piece of the candy without effecting one group over the other to negatively even for the ones that want to torch there GW2 account because of this option

if you opinion doesn’t feel like it has been heard post it here but understand negative feedback with most likely get a negative response hence the saying negative energies attract more negative energies

How about look at the glass as 3/4 full? Rather than 1/4 who want to keep the empty DBL in WvW, 3/4 want want the ABL maps FULL with PvP activity.

I have yet to see a DBL thread or poll get anywhere near the hundreds that signed their user tags to the petition to remove them.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

and a lot of other things beside abl that brought them back like stability. You may as well let LilDev keep ranting – cant be reasoned with on this subject.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Mixed borderlands = good idea. Potential 3rd map = excellent idea!

That’s what I’ve been dreaming since release xD Well, I was dreaming of the same map with 3 themes, buuuut 3 different map is way better strategy-wise ^^

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Desert borderland is not going to get scrapped, deleted, trashed, etc etc.

Get over it already, seriously no amount of crying over the desert borderland is going to get it tossed out.

Now pick the least painful option.
Yes 1 dbl, 2 alpine (this obviously)
Yes 2 dbl, 1 alpine
No 3 dbl on quarterly rotation with alpine.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

This vote options appears to be rigged in favor of bringing a dead map back into wvw. Why are we bringing a dead horse to a race? Can we vote to at least shrink the DBL or create extra WP that never gets contested to allow some kind of action?

The BG Super Munster!

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

If you can’t rotate the maps faster then I would rather have both maps, but unless you have 3 different bls , this will not be fair. I would like 1 month rotations. If that is not an option then I don’t care which way the poll goes.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I guess the poll is pretty much decided, the gap of Yes vs No vs Don’t care is pretty big.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Actually kind of glad the option for using all of the old alpine BLs permanently isn’t in the poll.
There is an existing minority who do prefer the desert map. There would still be two ABLs + EB for those who refuse to fight on it. For those who’d rather kill off all variety just because they don’t like it, I have three words:

Go kitten yourselves.

in WvW

Posted by: Bury Your Deadgreen.2368

Bury Your Deadgreen.2368

Just scrap the DBL all together you saw what happened when it was thrown into the mix.

Soon…..

in WvW

Posted by: Ralesk.3215

Ralesk.3215

I’m one of those weirdos who likes the Desert BL much more than the Alpine one. As such, I voted for the simultaneous, preferring Desert.

But I think having three different BLs would be the best (but a third one has not been introduced yet) — and they could switch places every few weeks so people have a chance to be home or invader on either of those.

Although come to think of it it’s quite nice to have a uniform experience across the Mists, being able to be in different starting positions on the same map. So that’s a dilemma. The quarterly rotation idea sounds way too slow to me anyway, Alpine lovers will have to endure 3 months of Desert, Desert lovers 3 months of Alpine… not sure if people will be too happy waiting for their favourite map to come back.

Rebixx (asura necro) in Vabbi WvW and HoT
aka. Bzakki, Rrnch, Pointer To Wcharr T, Ronn Felsythe, Ráithen, Vurikk.
An Irreversible officer (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Mixed Borderlands = Players that came back for Alpine leave game all together.
Rotate Borderlands = Players only Play when Alpine is in use.
Mixed Borderlands= Broken game ALL the time
Rotate Borderlands= Working game part of the time.

You are, incorrectly, assuming that the status quo about the two maps would hold long term if mixed borderlands wins. Considering we have never been in a situation where the borderlands maps have been asymmetrical what would happen if that becomes the norm is anyone’s guess.

At the end of the day, you are assuming people hate DBL more than what could potentially be as bad as loosing by default. There will never be a game wide boycott of DBL, if mixed borderlands does happen, because there will always be people looking to capitalize on the fact that some people would ignore one of the four maps and at that point the majority will either sit by and let it slide or play the fourth map they would rather ignore.

in WvW

Posted by: Ralesk.3215

Ralesk.3215

For those of you who don’t like Desert because it’s too large and think it needs more WPs, Alpine isn’t exactly pleasant to run to the other corner if the action happens to be there, either. And DBL actually had waypoints on it, unlike ABL. The only reason ABL feels smaller (other than being narrower by a good amount) is that the Citadel is way south, almost as if the Rampart were the starting point of the home team in DBL. Put the home team into a fortress in the location of the The Something camp up north, and you’ll see just how far the southern towers are.

Rebixx (asura necro) in Vabbi WvW and HoT
aka. Bzakki, Rrnch, Pointer To Wcharr T, Ronn Felsythe, Ráithen, Vurikk.
An Irreversible officer (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Most definetly yes option. 2 Alpine and 1 desert is a perfectly fine compromise for everyone and if everyone love to play alpine so much, that mean more pressure on the two upper server (under the assumption that lowest ranked get desert) and focus the population toward 3 maps rather than 4. More population, more fights. Simple as that. If it spills over to desert it’s really not the end of the world, some variety wont kill us.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Variety is the spice of life, have both at once regardless of it’s 1 desert and 2 alpine or 2 desert and 1 alpine. It also opens the opportunity for a third map later.

in WvW

Crise.9401

Variety is the spice of life, have both at once regardless of it’s 1 desert and 2 alpine or 2 desert and 1 alpine. It also opens the opportunity for a third map later.

This is a nice concise way to put it… if mixed borderlands becomes the status quo the majority of the playerbase will adapt to it one way or another. What exactly that way will be is anyone’s guess but I’d wager in the long term it would only mean that DBL would have to be played differently to Alpine.

Asymmetry is not the same thing as imbalance, if used right it can actually be used as a tool to create more even playing field by assigning a map that requires more resources to hold to a server that otherwise would have an advantage in numbers in any particular matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Hofer.7351

Hofer.7351

I voted….. nothing……
Seriously Anet !!!This is since HoT that we asked you to bring back Alpina because nobody want the dbl and now you will bring back those desert dbl………………
Do not count to me to play on those empty maps…
And thanks Anet to bring back a long long long queue on EBG map………………

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

I voted….. nothing……
Seriously Anet !!!This is since HoT that we asked you to bring back Alpina because nobody want the dbl and now you will bring back those desert dbl………………

If nobody wanted DBL, people wouldn’t be voting to have any DBL maps. Since a majority have opted for at least one DBL map, you’re confusing “nobody” with “most people.”

The people who are OCD in love with alpine are a very vocal minority.

EBG is queued every night in T3. The borderlands? Maybe one of them on reset night.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

I voted….. nothing……

If nobody wanted DBL, people wouldn’t be voting to have any DBL maps. Since a majority have opted for at least one DBL map, you’re confusing “nobody” with “most people.”

EBG is queued every night in T3. The borderlands? Maybe one of them on reset night.

That would make sense if there was an option for no DBL maps, but there isn’t.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: Avengedeath.4671

Avengedeath.4671

Yay! I loved the dbl. no one defended them, easy ppt. Can’t wait for them to return!

in WvW

Hofer.7351

I voted….. nothing……

That would make sense if there was an option for no DBL maps. But there isn’t.

Amazing there is not that option….. I still can’t believe it

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

I voted….. nothing……

There is. Have them alternate. Then you get six months of the year without desert.

in WvW

Hofer.7351

I voted….. nothing……

I see often the bordelands in Q, just right now (and their is no Q on EBG atm). But I never see any Q on dbl……..
No way, dbl was really empty and often without any commander.
Now we have Q on alpina bl and often 2-3 commanders (home, alpina and ebg….)
there is no comparison. This is all the more incomprehensible from Anet….

in WvW

Hesacon.8735

I voted….. nothing……

I see often the bordelands in Q, just right now (and their is no Q on EBG atm). But I never see any Q on dbl……..
No way, dbl was really empty and often without any commander.
Now we have Q on alpina bl and often 2-3 commanders (home, alpina and ebg….)
there is no comparison. This is all the more incomprehensible from Anet….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

I voted….. nothing……

There is. Have them alternate. Then you get six months of the year without desert.

That means there isn’t.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Of course a mix of borderlands is the more equitable option, everyone gets to choose where and how they want to play anytime and not have to wait 3 months for one or the other map to spin up.

The DBL is actually a pretty fun map with high active populations and mainly just sucked so hard after HoT launch due to low WvW populations getting lower with all that PvE junk added which then turned into a vicious cycle of sucking even harder the less often players bothered to show up for it. Now with linking or whatever more worlds will get to experience the Desert with a decent number of players on it if only those DBL-phobes don’t scare scare all the casuals away with their incessant whining about it.

I have trouble believing there are worlds enough still having borderland queue issues outside of reset to be so worried how one map maybe more players dislike will affect queues on other maps. It could offer a pretty interesting dynamic and I am pretty sure PPTers would adjust their play-style accordingly leaving more room for the PPKers and GvG types to play on the map they prefer. Could be a win/win for all and the dream of a 3rd unique map even if still a year away would make a lot people very happy (hopefully not at the cost of more of those QoL fixes tho). Seems legit, just hope it doesn’t get stuck at the 70% approval mark cuz that would make the DBL haters look more even more pathetic, especially when we have to rotate back to all Desert borderlands in July.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

Why there is no option for NEVER EVER DBL!?!?!?!? I’d love to vote for deleting all the dessert borderland code, burn all backup files and brain wash the guys who designed them just to be sure it never gets back Of course I voted for 1 DBL and 2 ABL, since this makes still at least two borderlands playable. But if there was an option for no more DBL I’d choose this one 1000%.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Mixed Borderlands = Players that came back for Alpine leave game all together.
Rotate Borderlands = Players only Play when Alpine is in use.
Mixed Borderlands= Broken game ALL the time
Rotate Borderlands= Working game part of the time.

You are, incorrectly, assuming that the status quo about the two maps would hold long term if mixed borderlands wins. Considering we have never been in a situation where the borderlands maps have been asymmetrical what would happen if that becomes the norm is anyone’s guess.

At the end of the day, you are assuming people hate DBL more than what could potentially be as bad as loosing by default. There will never be a game wide boycott of DBL, if mixed borderlands does happen, because there will always be people looking to capitalize on the fact that some people would ignore one of the four maps and at that point the majority will either sit by and let it slide or play the fourth map they would rather ignore.

You do realize that there ALREADY was a game wide boycott of the DBL and thousands of players left and just came back due to it right? ( look back through the forums here, the polls the petitions going on for months.)The guilds have already been posting in this forum they will leave GW2 again when the DBL comes back…
Not sure what you are trying to say here since this already happened and is going to
happen again.

In the end it still boils down to a new win mechanic:
Servers who have less players who hate DBL =WIN,
Everyone else don’t bother trying.

That is what happens when you put something so disliked into the game.
If the servers do not have enough players willing to hop to DBL to save keeps, scout and refresh siege, it will change the way the game is played.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I voted for my second choice, because I think it has a chance to win, and my first choice does not.

Better to be partially pleased, than not pleased at all. =)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Why there is no option for NEVER EVER DBL!?!?!?!? I’d love to vote for deleting all the dessert borderland code, burn all backup files and brain wash the guys who designed them just to be sure it never gets back Of course I voted for 1 DBL and 2 ABL, since this makes still at least two borderlands playable. But if there was an option for no more DBL I’d choose this one 1000%.

There is no option to keep or scrap the DBL because they already know players will vote to scrap it and they don’t want to give players what they want actually here and are expecting them to “settle” for a bad map which then in turns makes more players leave the game again completely reversing the progress they already made on this.

Rather than create actual WvW maps from the ground up designed with nonstop PvP gameplay as the primary focus, they want to handcuff us to a dysfunctional map they are attempting to make playable. Players deserve actual good maps designed for PvP, not just broken PvE gimmicky Bouncy maps made somewhat" playable".

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Vote YES peeps…

WvW poll: If “Simultaneous Borderlands” wins the poll ANet is more likely to work on a third Borderlands map

Anet-TylerB
Just to clarify. The Simultaneous Borderlands is a system that better supports a third map, than the rotation strategy. So an additional map would be more likely in that respect. However, our development priorities are still community driven. We wouldn’t start building another WvW map unless it was put to a vote, and won.

Anet-TylerB
There’s already a large amount of asymmetry with the layout of Eternal Battlegrounds, our most popular map. So now we are asking the whole WvW community to decide which concept is more important to them: maintaining perfectly symmetrical borderlands map balance, or having additional map variety.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

There is no option to keep or scrap the DBL because they already know players will vote to scrap it and they don’t want to give players what they want actually here and are expecting them to “settle” for a bad map which then in turns makes more players leave the game again completely reversing the progress they already made on this.

Rather than create actual WvW maps from the ground up designed with nonstop PvP gameplay as the primary focus, they want to handcuff us to a dysfunctional map they are attempting to make playable. Players deserve actual good maps designed for PvP, not just broken PvE gimmicky Bouncy maps made somewhat" playable".

Just have a look here : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/competitive-play/

It says :

World vs. World (WvW) is PvP combat that involves hundred of players. Three huge teams —each representing a server, or world—battle for control over objectives on four massive maps in week-long matches.

Each map – one for each server and a huge “neutral” center map – is loaded with objectives that are worth points for the team that claims them. Players can band together to lay siege to castles, raid enemy supply caravans, clash with other players in truly massive battles, wreak havoc behind enemy lines, or build mighty weapons of war like trebuchets and siege golems.

PvP indeed matters, but WvW obviously has never been intended as “nonstop PvP gameplay as the primary focus”. So please stop trying to handcuff ANet into enforcing something they don’t intend. Or ask for it somewhere else than in WvW’s forum.

What you want truly is an important feature, yet it’s not WvW as ANet wants and advertises it.

in WvW

Crise.9401

You do realize that there ALREADY was a game wide boycott of the DBL — since this already happened and is going to happen again.

You have an interesting definition of game wide

Majority of the playerbase will play what they are given… it is only a matter of time before compromises would have been found. Besides, any player that joined the game with HoT was not boycotting DBL, they were just naturally gravitating towards other players (as they had no experience with Alpine map, so their opinion of desert borderlands was not as big of a factor on what map they chose to play on).

Also, the current votes on the poll hardly reflect your interpretation of the situation, which makes sense as why should players who already left the game matter. If these players are willing to come back every three months then, they have an option to vote for right now, that being no… otherwise they are no longer relevant in how this decision turns out.

(edited by Crise.9401)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Just have a look here : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/competitive-play/

It says :

World vs. World (WvW) is PvP combat that involves hundred of players. Three huge teams —each representing a server, or world—battle for control over objectives on four massive maps in week-long matches.

Each map – one for each server and a huge “neutral” center map – is loaded with objectives that are worth points for the team that claims them. Players can band together to lay siege to castles, raid enemy supply caravans, clash with other players in truly massive battles, wreak havoc behind enemy lines, or build mighty weapons of war like trebuchets and siege golems.

PvP indeed matters, but WvW obviously has never been intended as “nonstop PvP gameplay as the primary focus”. So please stop trying to handcuff ANet into enforcing something they don’t intend. Or ask for it somewhere else than in WvW’s forum.

What you want truly is an important feature, yet it’s not WvW as ANet wants and advertises it.

Actually they DID advertise it as " Large scale PvP" and stated that was what the players asked for and was giving us when they discussed the results of the surveys they used to create this game. They specifically told us the players asked for large scale PvP, that they heard us and they were giving it to us. So YES, they not only advertises it as large scale PvP, they outright told us that is what they were giving us and why many bought the game.
Raiding castles is still nonstop PvP if implemented properly. Players fighting other players over objectives = WvW. " nonstop PvP action" should be players fighting other players nonstop over objectives. I am not sure what you are understanding that to be.

PvD undefended structures on the other hand has no place in a PvP game mode, nor should it be rewarded.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

You do realize that there ALREADY was a game wide boycott of the DBL — since this already happened and is going to happen again.

You have an interesting definition of game wide

Majority of the playerbase will play what they are given… it is only a matter of time before compromises would have been found. Besides, any player that joined the game with HoT was not boycotting DBL, they were just naturally gravitating towards other players (as they had no experience with Alpine map, so their opinion of desert borderlands was not a factor on what map they chose to play on).

Also, the current votes on the poll hardly reflect your interpretation of the situation, which makes sense as why should players who already left the game matter. If these players are willing to come back every three months then, they have an option to vote for right now, that being no… otherwise they are no longer relevant in how this decision turns out.

They already stated they HOT performed miserably and they greatly LOST numbers from WvW due to Hot, not gained them. They posted this INFO on these forums months ago. That was why they brought back Alpine so fast when it was not even being worked on at the time.

WvW / PVP ONLY