WvW Rank Not Account Wide :(

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

Just wondering what others thoughts were about WvW rank not being account wide. Im a lil upset tbh. What I liked about GW2 at launch was all achievements and such were account wide. This did not discourage playing multiple toons in WvW. Now if you wanta rank you’re stuck to one toon. Hope they will change this!

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Never has been account wide, it’s per toon and that particular toons experience in WvW.
I hope they do not change it – it should be per toon that actually plays WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: ThePatak.6785

ThePatak.6785

There are quite a few threads on this already.
It is ANet’s official stance that the WvW ranks are a form of character progression and will stay character-bound.
See Devon’s response here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Got-a-reply-to-account-bound-WvW-level/page/2#post2641483

Bullkitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Stuck on one toon is a bad argument now. With all the liquid WXP you can easily get a good jump on levels on a new toon. I saved over 100 drops, 20 timbles and 2 kegs since reset plus the 50+ laurels I have. Thats 50 levels for any new toon without even walking into WvW…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

As I have seen 3 thimbles and zero kegs, with about 30 hours a week in wvw since they were released, I can only assume you play 24/7.

The rest of us are still working on our basic wvw abilities on our first character.

So yes. Account wide would be beneficial and make very good sense for 90% of the population that, you know, sleeps sometimes.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

As I have seen 3 thimbles and zero kegs, with about 30 hours a week in wvw since they were released, I can only assume you play 24/7.

The rest of us are still working on our basic wvw abilities on our first character.

So yes. Account wide would be beneficial and make very good sense for 90% of the population that, you know, sleeps sometimes.

Nope, I play 3 hours a night weekdays and only got to play about 8 hours this weekend due to irl and queues. That only about 13 hours this week…roughly about 20 hours by reset this Friday. Maybe I’m lucky or maybe me being on Blackgate makes a difference, I don’t know.

Your assumptions are off base, RNG is a pain I guess…

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: ThePatak.6785

ThePatak.6785

Nope, I play 3 hours a night weekdays and only got to play about 8 hours this weekend due to irl and queues. That only about 13 hours this week…roughly about 20 hours by reset this Friday. Maybe I’m lucky or maybe me being on Blackgate makes a difference, I don’t know.

SoR here, played about as much as you. You have some awesome RNG, I only got about 8 thimbles total.

Bullkitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Stuck on one toon is a bad argument now. With all the liquid WXP you can easily get a good jump on levels on a new toon. I saved over 100 drops, 20 timbles and 2 kegs since reset plus the 50+ laurels I have. Thats 50 levels for any new toon without even walking into WvW…

I don’t think anyone else is having this kind of luck, not to mention 50 levels on one alt means nada in the grand scheme of things.

It should be account bound. They have not given one VALID reason why it is not, nor has anyone else.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in WvW

Zikory.6871

SoR here, played about as much as you. You have some awesome RNG, I only got about 8 thimbles total.

Thats good to know, maybe you guys just drop better lootz. Or maybe its making up for the hundreds of gold wasted in the MF.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

SoR here, 60% roam, 40% zerg in EB. It’s hard to guage my play time, but I have about 200 yak kills on the achievement, most solo. 102% magic find, if that affects it.

I didn’t even know there WERE casks. Maybe I’m hitting DR or something weird…

in WvW

Zikory.6871

I don’t think anyone else is having this kind of luck, not to mention 50 levels on one alt means nada in the grand scheme of things.

It should be account bound. They have not given one VALID reason why it is not, nor has anyone else.

50 levels is a great start! 4 ticks Supply master, 2 ticks Build Master, 2 ticks Repair Master is 19 points which is a good base for your points. That leaves 31 points to start a mastery like AC or Ram. 50 Ranks is more than enough to start a fresh character in WvW. I wouldn’t expect a new character to have defense against guards, a full mastery and some other stuff, that’s just silly imo.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Trueshots.9456

Im sitting at 182 magic find for the last 2 months (I had 4 B’day boosters and only used them on my main) I’ve played a lot last 3 weeks, I’d say over 40 hours a week, before that i didn’t even play every day, but in saying that, I have gotten very little liquid xp for sure and i give all of it to my main. I’m only like rank 75 or 80 on him and it seems like it takes an act of God for me to rank. I never play with zerg, I am always solo or with a group of 2 or 3. That may be my problem. 90% of play time is killing players the other 10% is flipping camp, sentries and very rarely towers.
Another game I played before this gave XP based upon the amount of damage you did to the particular player killed. So if i did 90% of the damage and someone run ran up and did 10% at the end we would get XP accordingly. The fact we both get the same is just lame imo. This promotes zerging and never learning to play your character well enough to actually have a decent fight against another player.
Skill should be rewarded not the other way around. Im not saying that the average Joe should get screwed for playing casually, i’m just saying that all players should be expected to have some knowledge on how to fight on their chosen class.

~Poison Caltrop~

in WvW

Essence Snow.3194

50 levels is a great start! 4 ticks Supply master, 2 ticks Build Master, 2 ticks Repair Master is 19 points which is a good base for your points. That leaves 31 points to start a mastery like AC or Ram. 50 Ranks is more than enough to start a fresh character in WvW. I wouldn’t expect a new character to have defense against guards, a full mastery and some other stuff, that’s just silly imo.

We need 1315 ranks on each character atm to unlock the skills. Since the game comes with 5 slots and there are 8 professions, one can see how 50 is not much in the grand scheme of things.

in WvW

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

There are so many issues with this suggestion. The most important relates to the fact that I want to build each character differently.

My elementalist is who I most often use, and is also the character who I’ve made a commander. My mastery choices for him are selected on an entirely different basis than my warrior, who is primarily a front-line runner. Just the same way, my mastery choices for my mesmer are also going to be different.

Making everything account-wide would be a terrible idea.

in WvW

Essence Snow.3194

I’m pretty confident no one wants the actual skills bound by account, just the wxp. This would allow you to keep each characters roles, yet not detour you from playing more than one character.

example) The 100 rank points worth of wxp on your account would allow each character on that account to have access to character bound 100 rank points.

in WvW

Trueshots.9456

I’m pretty confident no one wants the actual skills bound by account, just the wxp. This would allow you to keep each characters roles, yet not detour you from playing more than one character.

example) The 100 rank points worth of wxp on your account would allow each character on that account to have access to character bound 100 rank points.

Exactly, you wouldn’t have the same skills on every toon. Just the point access.

Also just because I’m on another toon doesn’t make me a noob to WvW on that toon, quite the opposite. I spend 99.9999% of my gaming time in WvW. Weather i play a thief or a ranger or whatever doesn’t make me any less competent to play WvW. If I work hard for rank I should get to use it on all character especially in light of this fact: None of the skills are class specific and wouldn’t make one class better than another if used. They effect all classes equally, which is very nice imho.

~Poison Caltrop~

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Never has been account wide, it’s per toon and that particular toons experience in WvW.

He was referring to achievements including WvW achievements which have always been account wide. I think his surprise is why achievements are account wide and WxP isn’t.

Either way, I agree. WxP should be account wide or easier to level by a factor of 10 or more. Capping a player takes about 80 hours. Capping masteries takes more than 1500+ hours and capping WvW levels takes 10k+ hours barring a wunderkind. Ridiculous to believe someone will do that with two characters much less three or more.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Trueshots.9456

He was referring to achievements including WvW achievements which have always been account wide. I think his surprise is why achievements are account wide and WxP isn’t.

Either way, I agree. WxP should be account wide or easier to level by a factor of 10 or more. Capping a player takes about 80 hours. Capping masteries takes more than 1500+ hours and capping WvW levels takes 10k+ hours barring a wunderkind. Ridiculous to believe someone will do that with two characters much less three or more.

Preach, preacher

~Poison Caltrop~

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

That wouldn’t work, with respecs being something “not wanted”. Once you get to a high enough rank, if you want to respec, it’s very feasible to simply roll up another character of that class.

I personally agree with ANet that respecs should not really be a feasible thing, outside of a set timetable- Being able to switch them on a whim devalues the system. But, having them account-wide is something I do want- So, account wide skills. Make the entire page account-wide.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

There are so many issues with this suggestion. The most important relates to the fact that I want to build each character differently.

My elementalist is who I most often use, and is also the character who I’ve made a commander. My mastery choices for him are selected on an entirely different basis than my warrior, who is primarily a front-line runner. Just the same way, my mastery choices for my mesmer are also going to be different.

Making everything account-wide would be a terrible idea.

With account bound Wxp you can still give your characters a specific build, I don’t see the problem here.

Let’s say you have 1 pg rank 100 and 1 pg rank 50 or account rank 150.

You can spend 150 rank points on both pg, giving you more character personalization.

Remember, there are 9945 ranks.

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I will say this 3rd times and maybe some eyes will catch it.

Acc bound WvW Exp Pool, Char bound WvW abilities.

Win=Win

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

Yup. If I want to spend points on my alt, I have to refund them on my main and THEN spend them on my alt.

Otherwise as soon as I burn out on my current main, screw it, I’m done. No way I’m grinding another 300+ wxp to be on the same stat level as everyone else.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

You need a minimum of 230 ranks to get both Applied Fortitude and Guard Leech, and then another 20 or so to get what are probably the only mandatory siege traits: ram mastery 1+2 and AC mastery 1. Definitely makes you want to use alts in WvW, doesn’kitten

If you’re not prioritizing guard stacks over almost everything else, I don’t know what to say to you.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

If you’re not prioritizing guard stacks over almost everything else, I don’t know what to say to you.

I’d say they’re probably on JQ, where everyone and their mom rushes cannon mastery and sits on them in upgraded towers/keeps/SM for 10 hours a day.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in WvW

Zikory.6871

I’d say they’re probably on JQ, where everyone and their mom rushes cannon mastery and sits on them in upgraded towers/keeps/SM for 10 hours a day.

Mercenary’s Bane and Burning Oil Mastery is the Tier 1 meta…Cannon Mastery was so pre seasons…hipster…

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Trueshots.9456

Yea guard stacks are a MUST for all character in WvW weather roaming or zerging……It doesn’t make sense not to get those 1st.

~Poison Caltrop~