WvW Suggestion Wishlist

WvW Suggestion Wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Okamikazi.8652

Okamikazi.8652

Anet is giving us new stuff to vote on but not what I really want. So here’s my WvW suggestion wishlist:

1 – Integrate gliding into WvW.

Gliding would be OP so try to make it un-OP with mechanics that can counter it and work it into alpine and desert borderlands or make a third map. Would definitely pickup a glider skin when this happens.

2 – Keep trying to break up the zerg without ruining the fight.

For example, the lord is immune to damage unless your side controls one shrine. Each shrine increases damage done to lord by 33%. The amount of supply to repair walls and gates depends on how many shrines are controlled.

3 – Fix and/or replace the oasis event.

The event is fun except for the lag. Would it take a lot of work and/or time to fix?

4 – Improve post-prime time.

When prime time ends WvW turns into a cat and mouse game and/or k-train where the side with less players cant do anything or all sides just ignore each other. Not sure on how to improve this situation as the side with a lot more players will always win.

5 – Work on the next set of Elite Specializations.

May not be WvW centric but what if it was? What if there were WvW only Elite Specs?

6 – Legendary WvW back-piece

Fractals has it. Spvp has it. Are we really gonna have to wait until there’s a tournament to build it?

Whats you’re WvW suggestion wishlist?

WvW Suggestion Wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

1. Skills/class balance
2. WVW unique skins
3. Repeatable HoT tracks ( sick of grinding)
4. Map rotation
5. Make wvw less blobbular ( don’t think this is possible)
6. 1 month re links
Not in any order except for #1

WvW Suggestion Wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Amaranth.2517

Amaranth.2517

I will double it here too.

Look at the more important things atm:
Bugs:
1) Sometimes character gets stuck after evade/dodge, especially if he gets CCed (usually knockbacked) at the beginning/during dodge/evade. Skills to watch: dodge, Burning Retreat, Riposting Shadows, Surge of the Mists etc. Sometimes you need to press movement button again, sometimes you have to write /dance to unstuck.
2) Earthshaker/Phase Smash doesn’t hit ground if you stand on different terrain level than target area. It should hit.
3) Revenant ground skills does not have proper area marker. Hammer 2 should have the same animation as Fire Keep Lord’s hammer attack in Desert Borderland. Same goes for Mace 2 and Axe 5. There should not be ground skills in the game that does not have area marker on the ground.
Hammer 1 is also half transparent skill which makes it very hard to see. The same problem is with necro staff 1, but necro’s attack at least low damage and slow projectile that can be sidestepped. Rev can do up to 7k with Hammer 1 with passive busts from traits and animation of this skill should be obvisious.
4) In Alphine Borderland you can build invulnurable trebs/catas near defenders spawn and treb NE/NW towers and garry, this should be fixed.
Suggestions to WvW:
1) Don’t return Desert Borderland until you completely rework it.
2) Remove as many as possible chokes from open field in Alphine Borderlands: near SE and SW camps, bridge near hills, bridge near SE tower, choke near Henry (wurm), if it is possible redesign zigzags near NW and NE towers, etc.
3) Redesign bay outer so defenders can have a chance once attackers break into inner. Atm if attackers breach outer they can build trebs on outer wall and treb every siege inside, which makes inner defence pointless.
4) Redesign scoring system so it will benefit players for winning fight inside and outside objective, and punish for capping undefended or not defending upgraded objectives (in other words, for running away from fights).
5) Don’t involve PvE into WvW anymore. WvW Upgrades, Improvements and Tactics should not be farmed in PvE to be used in WvW. Never cross these game modes again, please. Make +5 Aura more accessible for new/small guilds. Give WvW players access to PvE only food and runes/sigil from HoT maps.
6) Start a new tournament with good rewards.

WvW Suggestion Wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Agree with OP. We don’t want to vote about portable mortars, we want to vote on what you do next because the past has shown you dont know where the real problems are and we have to tell you.

so here are my priorities as i see it right now:

- population balance / world linking
- redesign skills / combat (general guidelines: less cheese, less damage)
- scoring improvments (coverage)
- break up /weaken map-switching megablobs

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

WvW Suggestion Wishlist

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Make alpine flatter so I don’t have to take falling damage to go kittening anywhere or misjudge a height and wind up dead.