WvW Things That Don't Make Sense

in WvW

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Just for fun

1) Despite all but the Trebuchet having wheels (or hover capability in the case of Flame Rams) they are stationary.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in WvW

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

The maps being required for 100% completion when the other 95% was PvE content.

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Arrow carts should be mobile at half normal run speed.

And yeah, dunno about you guys, but I actually feel bad when I come up on someone alone and kill them, only afterward realizing they were likely just mapping. Unless openly attacked, there are often times I will even leave someone I see going for vistas and such alone. At very least they’re new.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Defense (especially against a more numerous foe …) granting less rewards than capturing.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

Not having supply stashes in keeps and towers protected from supply use by players.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

How is it that we have Yaks trained so well that they love to carry well needed supplies without any guidance, even through a rain of siege fire?

Why doesn’t the Keep have some furnishings? If I was a Champion Lord, I’d want to have a couch handy.

Why is it that gravel and boulders are suitable for catapulting, but not an Asura?

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: rhyein.6172

rhyein.6172

You’re right. There should be more WvW maps.

in WvW

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Cows = Gas bombs

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Having a clear view of 2-5 guys that you charge while solo/duo in order to farm their badges suddenly and miraculously summoning another 25+ people in a perfect ball formation around you from the bowels of some dimension called ‘culling’ which instantly vaporizes you.

Also:

Why is it that gravel and boulders are suitable for catapulting, but not an Asura?

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

2-3 hours of taking/defending a keep= -20s+ from repair jobs, and one event reward.

15 minute dungeon = 40S, 4+ chests, tokens towards exotics.

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

(edited by Rawnoodles.1398)

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Hey I can see that guy on the ground shooting arrows up at me! Really, truly I can see him! He is standing right there! Look! Yet when I go to fire back I get this thing called “obstructed” and I have to stand right on the edge of the wall in order to hit him. Now correct me if I am mistaken but should not the people IN THE FORT have more protection then those OUTSIDE?

I want to jump out of the ground like those caravan guards. That would be way cool!

Speaking of Caravan guards why is it called a caravan when there is only 1 yak?

I want to train my dogs to run straight up walls! Then I could have fun by throwing the ball up on the roof and telling them to “go fetch”!

Why can’t my jeweler use the pearls in the lake for recipes? They are quite a bit larger then the normal ones he uses so it should make a larger piece of jewelry right?

Can I leave my badge at home so the enemy cannot loot it off my body?

Speaking of which I know for a fact that the enemy I just killed has a Legendary weapon, exotic armor and some real nice trinkets. Why then do I only get spikes and low level stuff when I loot his corpse? Where did all that nice stuff go?

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

why can’t we build a ladder to climb over the wall,, why can’ we launch a mesmer over the wall with cata.

in WvW

KStudios.2850

Hey I can see that guy on the ground shooting arrows up at me! Really, truly I can see him! He is standing right there! Look! Yet when I go to fire back I get this thing called “obstructed” and I have to stand right on the edge of the wall in order to hit him. Now correct me if I am mistaken but should not the people IN THE FORT have more protection then those OUTSIDE?

This! For the love of the late Queen Salma, this! ^

Cause that single foot high wall at my feet, while so graciously saving me from being pulled off the side of the wall by a certain notorious skill, is such a massive obstruction to my view.

“Oh, why hello there Sea of Sorrows invader, pillager and pirate of my homeland, murderer and enemy of my people. How is your day? Oh what?!?!? STOP!! WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME? THIS IS A JUMPING PUZZLE. WHY WOULD YOU ATTACK ME. STAHP!!!”

This is why your local “porting” mes, or in some larger servers the entire guild of them, should also be trained diplomats. We often try to forge truce-treaties within JP grounds.

Yumiko Togashii

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in WvW

Posted by: chandrawib.5489

chandrawib.5489

siege can be used by everyone including enemies. so you have to make sure you destroy all your siege after using them. or destroy every siege in towers you are about to lose

Keira Skywalker [TFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

You’re right. There should be more WvW maps.

True. Having 3 maps being identical with only one unique one is lazy. But WvW shouldn’t count towards map completion.

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Why can’t claimed facilities, SM, Keeps, Towers, Camps display the name of the claiming guild?
Why can’t siege display creator, and minutes since last “used”?

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Why don’t we use those Charr tank things to transport supply instead of dolyaks?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Cows = Gas bombs

Not to be a party pooper but thats actually historically accurate. They’re cow corpses and they carry all kinds of nastiness. In historical sieges they used to catapult human corpses to spread disease.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

Cows = Gas bombs

Not to be a party pooper but thats actually historically accurate. They’re cow corpses and they carry all kinds of nastiness. In historical sieges they used to catapult human corpses to spread disease.

If only we could catapult those enemies back to their own side!

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Why can’t my Norn guardian dual-wield Asuran thieves?

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: Insignia.6345

Insignia.6345

Why can’t my Norn guardian dual-wield Asuran thieves?

Mother. Of. God.

For me, why doesn’t WvW have a separate leveling system like the glory in PvP or maybe even use the same level for that to access cool new stuff/finishers/skins etc. (Ignoring the leveling scale)

Asuranaut Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Enemy placed siege looks just like mine. Bet the trigger is in the same place. Can’t use it.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

No way for multiple groups to coordinate in-game unless you plan to have a zerg follow you by putting up the commander pin. Sometimes you just want to run with 2-4 guild groups and not lead the whole zone. The only option is to use a 3rd party VoIP program without the benefits of the squad system

I sure wish commanders had the option to “hide” the pin AND still retain all the functions of the squad system. Currently when you hide the commander pin it dissolves and disbands the squad.

In a game about player coordination and tactics you are stuck with a 5 man group system or leading a zerg. No support for medium or private guild groups using an in-game system.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

KStudios.2850

Guiding/protecting Dolyaks should give roughly the same rewards in karma etc that capping a sentry position does. Sure, there’s sometimes no combat involved, but it certainly takes longer.

Yumiko Togashii

in WvW

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

Cows = Gas bombs

If only we could catapult those enemies back to their own side!

A good way to get rid of that Mesmer corpse that’s stinking up your keep.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Supply camps with no building? Where do workers sleep?
In era of war they dont even build small palisade around a camp?
No sentry building? I suppose there were sentry buildings on crossroads, such where sentries can sleep or eat.

in WvW

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

Sentries. What are they good for? Telling you where the zerg is heading?

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

• Veteran’s Righteous Indignation Buff not blocking confusion, thus making it much more vulnerable to big groups containing many mesmsers.
  • The Worker re-building lots of on-wall siege that can’t hit the enemy, using up the supply while the keep is under attack.
  • Not being able to raid enemy supply depot when through the first wall. – and the worker and quartermaster just standing there with it when the enemy rush in.
  • Insanely fickle Quaggans. They act like Skritt.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

Why does AoE (like barrage or meteor shower) not have extended range from on top of walls? In real life (and certainly with trebs in game) elevation is a benefit, however for our individual skills it’s a hindrance… why?

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Ladders are too high-tech for rifle-wielding invaders.

Anet ;/ come on, that’s not logic, that’s… I don’t even know.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in WvW

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

Why are gates the hardest enemy in WvW?

They are immune to all conditions, fireproof despite being made of wood, and have outrageous HP.

PvGate

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Why does that cat chasing the rat to the west of Titan’s Paw look like a groundhog?

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Why I go out and fight but legendary defenders stay back and watch?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Why can dead people spy on me?

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Why for some obnoxious reason have all the inhabitants of the different borderlands decided to build their houses in just the same position as the other ones? Did they think to be unique? Let players change the maps, making them not screaming “CLONE” anymore.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain