- Character bound ranks
- No Alliance chat or ways to facilitate 2 vs 1

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

WvW - Three Likes & Three Hates

in WvW

Posted by: Ricochet.1054

Ricochet.1054

-Ability to do whatever I feel like (zerging, 1v1, small group)
-Teamwork, sieging, and strategy
-Challenging opponents and massive battles

Dislikes
-Siege Trolls – and that there is nothing that we can stop them
-Queue times and identical wvw matchups
-Lack of a report button for siege trolls and hackers

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Dislike que, and the way that this is handled by Anet(the new map)
Dislike Trolls on your own server, and the way that this is not handled by Anet.
Defending is useless, conquering is everything.

in WvW

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

1. Large scale fights in the open field.
2. Guild Rivalry
3. Guild focused raiding

1. Supply draining cows
2. Encouraged server-centric attitude rather than guild-centric. This is why people blob around. Also because the supply draining cows make it impossible for a group of 20 to build anything with someone sitting on a door-treb all day. 1 or 2 rams under 3 or 4 arrow carts + a door treb after supply draining is not going to bring down a reinforced door before an 80 man blob sweeps that group of 20.
The blobby-everybody-in-one-spot mentality over taking the idea of working together as guild groups 10-30 people. Imagine maps full of these guild groups running? The fights would be amazing, the objective pushing would actually seem fun again, having a constant multiprong pressure all over the map.. But GL with that, the supply draining cow is never going to encourage small group play.

3. The lack of town clothes. While we’re at it, add more tonics that allow combat/utility access during use (such as the ascalonian mage potions), make them different races found around the game. Toss them in the gem store or make them craftable, either way- people would use them. Easy solution to having to reroll for different character models. But seriously, allow the town clothes. I’m trying to have boxing matches in the Lord’s room while there is nothing else to do on the map.

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Dislike

• Guard Leech renamed to Applied Strength

Would prefer this change to be reverted, but I’m also aware of the massive campaign the community organized to push this change through. I’m perfectly content with everything else.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

in WvW

Posted by: Venn.7623

Venn.7623

2. Strategy and team work emphasized
3. Ability to switch builds depending on playstyle/what I feel like doing.

Dislikes:
1. Lack of rewards( Things have improved which I will acknowledge)
2. Siege. Golem rushing is cheesy, takes strategy aspect out when you can just port omegas around the map. Arrow carts and trebuchets are pretty lame, cow drain and ac spam through doors. (Ballistas and rams are the only siege I find balanced)
3. Outmanned buff is pretty useless. Unless you’re farming earth elementals for onyx lodestones I don’t see the point in the stats this buff gives.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

-Server rivalry/competition
-Strategy needed over all 4 maps to win.
-Tactics surviving/winning in zerg vs zerg battles.
-Wxp ranks.
-Fortifications to fight over.
-Siege weapons.
-End of week reward 1-3 chests. Chests for gaining Wxp rank.
-Wxp extra skills/abilities.
-Solo/5 group roaming useful/possible.
-Defending a Keep/Tower.
-Use all PvE gear/legendarys in WvW.
-Its NOT AT ALL BALANCED. Leave balance to PvP only. In WvW being OP is acceptable.
-Friends. Same players play day after day. You make friends. Excellent banter.

Dislikes:
– Currently uncompetitive points wise. I could tell you exactly all the servers who won the Gold/Siver/Bronze leagues before they started. I did btw way for Europe and I was 100% correct. Need handicap points system, to increase competition server vs server.
– Defending means nothing.
– Character bound ranks.
– Lack of rewards.
– Can not obtain all in game gear via doing just WvW.
– PvE content in WvW, I am looking at you toxic offshoots.
– Ruins. Absolutely lovely areas but pointless and completely ignored by most WvW players.
– Cheats/exploiting bugs.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

- Small scale combat (should be more rewarding in terms of WXP)

- Large scale combat (for a change). Can get a bit too zergy at times.

- Class balance – contrary to the complaints on the forums, this is for the most part fairly decent. There are classes that could use some help and some that have a few OP abilities, but on a whole things are pretty good. All classes could do with some more diverse builds…

Dislikes:

- Ascended Gear – unnecessary. The introduction of ascended gear has left a sour taste in my mouth. I should not have to grind, grind, grind PvE just so i can remain competitive in WvW. We were sold a different concept to the one that is currently in play – the 180 degree turnaround has been unfortunate to say the least – if this is not resolved, I’ll find another game to play (Everquest Next most likely).

- Arrow Carts (utterly annihilate anyone standing nearby)

- Hackers, Cheaters, Exploiters – this needs to be fixed. I’m tired of watching enemy players insta-teleporting across the battlefield.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

• Freedom of movement: you can roam anywhere you want, without restrictions
  • Supply system: well thought-out and it seems to function most of the time
  • Guilds: some of the best communities I’ve ever joined in any game were my WvW-only guilds in GW2.

Hates:

• AoE cap: why do you hate small groups Anet?
  • Zerg-rewarding: come on… why reward people tapping auto-attack and chasing 5 guys with 30-40-50-60?
  • No body-block: on topic of zergs, they just run through you if you try to defend a location
  • Rewards for roamers: non-existent
  • Commander system: void of any options AND bought through gold (this is not the way to go)
  • Customization of fortifications: why is there nothing at all? Omg I can hire a bunch of guards that get killed by a zerg in 20 seconds, Omg I can fortify gates and walls, making the gate 30 seconds longer to destroy for the blob. Omg I can add cannons that aren’t useable because enemy players AoE the wall insta-downing me.
  • Close to no WvW updates in 18+ months of the game. WvW ranks and abilities are a joke fyi. Ruins and bloodlust added more win for high populations.
  • Server vs. Server: inherently bad because servers are always unbalanced in population.
  • Ascended gear: not needed, please remove.
  • Warriors, warriors everywhere; lack of class balance.
Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

And to add another, stealth, or rather invisibility. Worst thing by far in the game, affects wvw more than pve.

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

-Access to a wide variety of runes, sigils, armor stats, etc.
-Objectives to take and maintain
-WvW specific abilities

Dislikes
-Character build can trump Player skill (rock, paper, scissors system)
-Players not upgrading held objectives
-Can’t respec WvW abilities

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

• Big Fights
  • The sandbox nature of the game mode (zerg, roam, GvG, etc).
  • PvE character progression and WvW are seamless (i.e. not spvp)

Dislikes

• The lag (both frame rates and skill activation).
  • Little reward/incentive in defending.
  • Ques.
Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in WvW

Posted by: ItsAdamParker.5192

ItsAdamParker.5192

- large battles for keeps
- coordinating with a good strategy
Dislikes:
- not enough color rotation, should be a constant rotation in my opinion
- can’t retrait WvW points
- ranks not account bound (please hurry with this lol)

Adam Parker
FA – On Wednesdays We Wear [PINK]
Xysynra (Ele), Syranyx (Necro)

in WvW

Posted by: Ozoug.4158

Ozoug.4158

I havent heard a dev say it isnt going to happen, why isnt it, and where was that stated if you dont mind me asking?

Well we are talking about the AoE limit, right? Not the 5 man party limit, which is ridiculous to begin with (the GW2 engine can obviously handle more, since we got 8 man parties in PvP – WvW should have 10 man parties at the very least).

What we are dealing with if the AoE limit is increased, the calculations of conditions/damage/everything are increased expontentially. We’re not talking twice the load if you increase the limit to 10 man (ie double it). We’re talking many, many times the load. Limiting this is a way to keep the game playable. Could they remove it? Sure. But I’m guessing that they already tried that and the result was rather ugly.

It would be rather boring to see 50v50 engage each other, the fps go down to 1-2 and then suddenly its 50v0 because 3 elementalists in the rear dropped meteor storm at the same time and killed everyone between frame 1 and frame 2.

I dont understand this. Are you saying that its a 5 person cap because of performance issues? Why would my fps go down to 1-2 because my AEs hit more people? I dont buy that its a performance issue. DaoC RvR(where the idea of WvW came from) has zerg fights, and there is no limit there? Why can a game that is 10+ years old do it, but not one that is new?

It’s not FPS performance issues, it’s server’s communications issues…
Right now, conditions are calculated on a tick basis, every tick, there are communications between server and client to know damage of the condition for the tick.
All the communications needed at every damage tick are already part of what cause lagg (skill lagg) in large scale battles… add more targets to an AoE, there would be even more client/server communications, so more lagg…

This all is because, right now, condis are not fire and forget, they change depending on the buff the person who putted them has, and the protections the person who has them has… thus the constant communications…

Most games that allow 10 targets are fire and forget – so any buff/protection that was gotten after the condition was put are not effecting it…

That’s a real shame. Zerg fights always be trash because of this. Gotta love RNG in my PvP

GW2: A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Yzoug.
DaoC: R11 Skald

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

2. wvw
3. wvw
dislikes
1. condis
2. unmanaged population. cap per server and not per map, maybe? or maybe cap value that is a little bit more dynamic in formula and not static which can put emphasis on the server with lowest population at that particular moment which can again change once more people from that server come in. i can see queuing will be a problem here in this suggestion but then again, that’s what the upcoming edge of the mists map is for, right?
3. wvw is very expensive and the rewards for those who actually spend on it for their team are arguably and even insultingly insufficient.
4. yes 4. def needs some touches. specifically siege machines. ballista is useful but it usually falls short of arc’ed angled sieges compared to it being straight and threfore putting it easily at risk unless it has good distance. sieges machines going through doors…wait, what? 99 ac aoe radius on the other side? cute. why not just put something on the door as an upgrade, like holes where damage can be done. but no, don’t take ac aoe radius away as of now up until you fix the population problem which simply seems like never, because that’s the one of the only chances a losing end server might be able to defend their keep against an over 9000 blob.
5. balance.

(edited by godofcows.2451)

in WvW

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

- Well designed maps, lots of interesting places to fight in (choke points, high grounds etc).
- Golems (I love mecha!)

Dislikes:
- Arrow Carts
- Superior Arrow Carts
- Arrow Cart Mastery
- Badly designed Lord room in Hills – very small cap area, with long choke leading into it (and the ability to put 10 Arrow Carts in it) – probably easiest point to defend in game.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

-Easy Access Bank/Crafting

Dislikes
-Quality Of Loot
-Patches with meaningful(ie new wvw ability lines, new things to buy with badges) content are few and faaaaar apart
-Balance (PU Mesmers, Stealth Spamming, Unpunishible Teleports, Condition Meta)

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

(edited by Brutal Arts.6307)

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

3 Likes:

• Variety (solo, havoc, squad, zerg)
  • Mass battles and tactics, it is ALWAYS different
  • Playing with my guild

3 Dislikes:

• 80 man blobs
  • Lack of updates
  • Stupid mechanics

For stupid mechanics read: downed state (at least make it that you can’t res players from DEAD if you are in combat); overpowered siege; stacks and sigils means players won’t fight but instead will run to “save our stacks”; warrior banners consistently bannering lord; PvE crap in WvWvW; hacks, glitches and other stuff like being able to treb cliffside from citadel….

I realise I may have cheated a little bit there with the third dislike, but personally speaking Grouch I am seriously hoping (and actually really quite excited!) that you can give the same kind of attention to WvWvW as PvP – I look forward to you getting under the skin of our current meta and making WvWvW 10x better.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

1. - The community that the game mode has created
  2. - The scale of the battles, big picture wise
  3. - The ability to play an important role, for your entire server, even if you do things on your own (camp flipping)

Dislikes:

1. - The unfair advantages presented to certain professions (IE; Thieves and stealth spam. Warriors and passive regen)
  2. - The size of parties being too small (even if only for WvW, i’d like there to be 8 man parties, simply because the current 5 man limit heavily favors some professions over others and in many cases, the fact that X profession is disregarded is because they cannot fit into the party)
  3. - The lack of a report function that allow us to reliably report players committing foul play (IE; Cheating, hacking, intentional griefing).

As for my 3rd point, i’d like the devs to look at the report system used by Runescape and DotA 2. These systems are solid systems that are not too prone to abusive use, yet they provide undisputable evidence.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Daunte.3095

Daunte.3095

• Large PvP battles. I love it when 2-3 zergs clash.
  • Variety/unpredictability of fights.
  • The sense of a larger conflict. In SPvP you have your game and then it’s over. In WvW the war keeps waging, in a way it makes it feel more meaningful.

Dislikes

• Lack of updates. WvW is the main reason I play this game and it gets the least ammount of new content. Adding the living world PvE content is not wanted or appreciated; it is not an addition to WvW it is a subtraction.
  • Reward system. Basically every way you reward players in WvW I dislike. The lack of incentive to defend, the way tagging works so I’m stuck trying to tap everything, the abundance of k-training, and the overall lack of rewards from WvW (PvE gives soo much more money/gear).
  • Soo many conditions and immobilize does too much . Every WvW build I’ve used is designed to remove as many conditions as possible because conditions are so powerful. And immobilize doesn’t just hold you in place, it keeps you from dodging, and in some cases attacking. It’s like stun but it can stack duration albeit not by much. I am tired of eating Bowls of Lemongrass Poultry Soup.

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

1. Outsmarting my enemies.
2. Being outsmarted by enemies, since I get to learn something which makes me a better player.

Dislikes:

1. The fact that both of the above almost never happen, because either I have a zerg or they do, but never at the same time. Server population imbalance is destroying WvW, and Anet refuses to do anything about it.
2. Lack of rewards for defending. Outmanned buff is also woefully insufficient.
3. Cheese tactics in general. PU mesmers/GS warriors/most thieves/anyone running stunlock, zoom hacks, golem rushes, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

my likes

1. spending an hour quietly setting up defenses in a tower, having both other servers make a push resulting in us losing everything except that tower, turning the tide through a strong defense and pushing back out to take the map back. that moment the momentum comes to a halt and switches directions is infinitely satisfying.

2. tracking enemy movements and even numbers just through reading the map, and having a team move in to intercept on the way to their next target.

3. working with a small handful of people, and always being one step ahead of enemy zergs.

i have a lot of dislikes, but i’ll try to limit it to just the top 3

1. the WXP train incentive system. strategic play gets next to nothing. forming a blob and running clockwise gets a small fortune. it’s really not very hard to see which one the majority of players would rather spend their time doing.

2. the actual layout of the maps. EB isn’t quite as bad, but the borderlands layout accounts for quite a few of overall problems with the gameplay. the most valuable areas are basically nextdoor neighbors, and the towers meant to help protect them are behind them. it’s just set up completely backwards. with everything so close and convenient, there’s no reason to ever break off of the blob, you can run to anywhere you need to be in a matter of seconds. areas take forever to upgrade, but only a minute or two to flip. even a fully upgraded keep can be flipped before the waypoint opens up.

3. the complete lack of support since launch. there are countless severe bugs, glitches and exploits roaming around WvW right now. hack and other cheats seem to go unpunished. we ask for recognition, we got an endless grind. We asked for WvW to not be a massive gold sink, we got a champ farming train plopped on top of us. We asked for more incentive to play defense, we got arrow carts of ultimate destruction, then rams of gate shredding. there’s a large portion of the playerbase that are, in essence, beaten dogs. some are feral and growling, some whimpering, and some are dead in the corner. it’s not an easy job to walk into. good luck Josh.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Hey all,

I took the positive (like) responses and made a word cloud. It’s not exactly perfect, and don’t worry, it won’t make its way into a powerpoint. I just thought it was kind of interesting.

I’ll make the dislike/negatives word cloud in a bit.

Hope you’re all having a good weekend!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Great work Grouch!

Thanks for the word cloud. It is cool!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

As promised, dislikes/areas of improvement! Same disclaimer as the previous post – word clouds remove context. I upped the max words in this image so the most oft repeated pop out a bit more.

Edit: Removed some frivolous words.

Attachments:

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Hey Josh, just wondering, what software are you using to make word cloud?

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Good:

• unpredictable, open field combat (emergent gameplay)
  • wide variety of opportunities, challenges & experiences
  • accessibility, being able to level in WVW

Bad:

• downed state/rallying (heavily favours blobbing > strategy/skill)
  • AOE cap of 5 (heavily favours blobbing > strategy/skill)
  • lack of WVW-specific balance attention (large disparities in movement speed/abilities, availability of AOE, CC, and stability across classes)
downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I love the world clouds Grouch! Awesome and might even useful to you guys. I would say it makes pretty clear how much more diversely players feel about the things they dislike about WvW than like, but kitten does that PvE stand out eh?

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

#open world PvP and pretty much a lot of it

Dislikes:
#Loot is not that great, especially when roaming
#Roaming doesn’t contribute at all, should have a way to contribute more and get better loot
#Maps are boring and small, they should each have different themes, like one is more green, one is desert, and one is snow, and EB is a mix of all of them
#PvD tagging gates

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Hey Josh, just wondering, what software are you using to make word cloud?

Try wordle .

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in WvW

Posted by: Vardy.3592

Vardy.3592

1. Ability to run as a large group or small group at any given moment.
2. Playing with and against people.
3. Rarely a dull moment. Always something to do as it is player driven.
4. Sense of community and teamwork.

Suggestions / Thoughts:
1. Cow supply drain too strong. They drain too much supply with no way of cleansing it.
2. The team which can give the most conditions in a fight will win. You run out of cleansing eventually.
3. PVE. Why is it in Wvw? Those toxic things in merc camps were horrid.
4. Camp upgrade NPC spawning after supply becomes available to take. Baddies taking supply when the upgrade is more important.
5. In serious need of anti-trolling. Saw a thread on here the other day where someone wasted supply building 1000 trebs.
6. Lack of matchup variety since the last change to the calculation.

I don’t want to call the above stuff dislikes. They are just little things which nag me from time to time. The only one which will come close to being a dislike of mine is the PVE content in WvW. It is entirely not needed, that’s why you guys built Tyria in the first place.
3. Player door tapping

in WvW

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

Positive:
1) Large scale pvp combat.
2) Goal-oriented pvp combat (capture camp → yaks → get upgrades → defend better).

Negative:
1) Night time protection / off-peak points. Every other PVP game has some sort of night time protection. T1 is only T1 because of COVERAGE not because they are more skilled than T2/3/+. It would go a long way to balancing server matches if there was NTP.

2) Scouting / Defending. It’s boring, it doesn’t reward you but it is needed with current game mechanics. Silly.
2b) Siege refreshing. It’s boring, it doesn’t reward you but it is needed with current game mechanics. Silly.

3) PVE. Get rid of it. No one likes it. Nothing worse than putting down a speed field and a mob runs into it, takes damage and triggers you for combat.
3b) Living story. Get rid of it. No one likes it.

4) Siege / supply griefing. Limit the amount of supply someone can take from a camp. This will also hinder siege griefing. For siege griefing, allow people to vote for commanders (or SOMETHING) so they can force despawn bad siege. Also if someone is known for griefing (multiple reports), limit how much siege that can place and how much supply they can use.

5) No new maps in 15 months?

6) WXP account bound promised 3 months ago. No word on when it is deploying.

7) Lack of updates/timelines on forums.

8) GvG area sucks. Too easy to grief. Can’t we just get a spvp arena that allows upto 50 people per side (+ many more spectators)? This would also go a long way to supporting GvG esports.

9) Masteries, some are simple overpowered and are a MUST in any build (supply proc, +vit, +pow). Why should there be any masteries that are a must have. Make all masteries a must have or remove/tweak the op ones.

10) PVP vendors: easier way to get top gear (like ascended) using badges / whatever. Also if you are afraid of people abusing this, limit this gear to PVP only so people can’t wear it in PVE.

11) Change class roles without leaving the battleground.

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Thanks Josh!

Did you run everything through a filter and the larger ones occurred more?

in WvW

Posted by: Darkhayle.2473

Darkhayle.2473

-Combo fields largely benefiting players
-Greater sense of community
-Being able to bring your whole guild together to accomplish something
-Havocs

Dislikes & Suggestions:
-The maps have become boring/too familiar for dedicated wvw players. All the borderlands are the same. It’d be interesting if each map was different for the world with the corresponding color, that way servers would have more reason to strategize each week for defending the map for their homeworld and it would present new challenges for taking other maps.
-Arrow cart damage has become too high. Towers and keeps should have a siege cap.
-PvE events in WvW
-Characterbound wxp
-Specific classes not being as useful as others
-Hammer warriors/stun locking can be extremely OP
-Oceanic servers vs NA servers. Or servers with both a NA and Oceanic presence going up against a server that only has one presence. It’s not a fun fight for people on either side because A.) no challenge for Oceanics if the other servers are asleep B.) The few people that do get online during that time get curb stomped every day
-Pets aren’t useful in WvW. They get dps’d to death in seconds in large fights
-Commander UI could be improved. Make a Commander chat for communication across all wvw maps. Squad chat/Squad UI could also be improved for all people in the squad. Also commanders being able to change their tag color to coordinate better on the same map would be useful.
-Should have an auto respawn timer
-Ruins seem to have died out for the most part on my server. I can’t really speak for others, but it seems like something that has become largely ignored by the community. The design of the area is fantastic, but the function is lackluster at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

- Freedom to play against other players in whatever way I like, unlike the mandatory and monotonous point capture system in pvp.
- Largescale pvp, community and teamwork, even if it does amount to mindless zerging.
- Unpredictability – you never know what you might happen upon, from solo roamers to unique player groups.

Dislikes:
- Lack of varied environments, and overall quite a small playing area. Could do with some of that pve landscape artistry.
- Simple objectives – cap this camp, defend this keep… could be a little more imaginitive/dynamic – this ties into the above, if the playing environment was more interesting.
- Gear and consumable use – this might be against the grain, but I would prefer all gear/consumable stats to be standardised as in PvP, especially if pvp and pve cosmetics are to be merged in the future.

Ideally I’d love a WvW using the entire PvE playing area – from Rata Sum all the way over to the crystal desert. I know it won’t happen, but it would be so fun…

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

looks like the dislikes word cloud loses something in translation and the likes word cloud still has some sense to it. our dislikes are more complex and require explanation.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: sunny.5012

sunny.5012

limit only lv80 character can enter borderland plz...

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

-Lets you use the combat system to its fullest
-Large scale to small scale variety
dislikes
-PvDoor zerging
-No way to punish cowardly play (e.g. run away from 1v1, but gladly come back with a buddy to 2v1)
-Downed state punishes players’ success when outnumbered because of easy rezzing

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

- Roaming is relaxing
- WvW guilds and community
Dislikes
- WvW is a money sink in comparision to PvE.
- The Treb Life being unrewarding against high tier bases. 15m to take down a t3 wall while my zerg goes around and flips multiple towers/camps and wipes a enemy zerg.
- Maps being Queued and nothing left to your current map. (It is being fix with EotM) Forgot about this no credit caps. I solo a camp stand in the cap and get no credit. I siege a keep destroy 2 door with rams, kill the lord no credit. This tend to happen with GODLORE alot. It happens once a day, It has been happening for over a year and I have reported it multiple times.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Like:
1. Size of maps
2. The impact solo/small groups can have
3. ???

Dislike:
1. Near zero development. PvE’rs get 14 patches in a year, we get 1. We want WvW content, throwing some holiday PvE stuff in WvW is not “content”. A cool new waiting room for when the queues are full is not content. Content = new objectives, new ways to score, and NEW MAPS.
2. No Darkness Falls type of balance/reward mechanic to make people care about winning or to help losers out by removing some of the stronger team from the battlezone. This is really, really hurting the game.
3. Downed state. 1 time out of 10 this creates the awesome clutch comeback the creators intended. 9 times out of 10 this just helps large groups crush small skilled groups.
4. Game needs enemies names, deathspam, and guild names on claimed objectives. Its WvW, its not for pansies. Leave your hurt feelings at the door when you PvP.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

wvw’s fun. if there was a way to lessen to impact of bg buying kitten guilds left right and center and stacking like cowardly girly kittenes maybe the fights in t1 wouldn’t be so blobby,

lol

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Is it just me or do those word clouds look like a jumbled mess.

I mean in ‘like’, the word ZERG is dominant, when clearly its been taken out of context, aka zerg busting.

And dislike has ‘one’ and ‘go’ and ‘damage’, I mean really??

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

2. it’s so easy to troll enemy servers by building trebs to destroy the siege in their towers
3. organisation as a team

dislikes
1. the fights lack entertainment/ I get ganked loads because guardians suck at roaming
2. zombies
3. gankers

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Love:
- Volatility and how “dirty” it is: lvl and gear matters, you can outman, can use siege, coverage. Like real life!
- Big scale.
- Possibility to be pain in you-know-where even as single player: killing dolyaks, sentries, contesting WPs, ganking reinforcements.

Hate:
- No ability to fight griefers from our own team.
- Maps too small.
- Sieges too short. Players either rush something or don’t bother. Playing it since headstart I saw only few examples of hours-long sieges with trebs, cutting supply lines, using all types of siege etc.

Btw topic clearly says THREE likes and hates. Learn to choose most important ones instead of throwing everything you can think of :/

(edited by Terkov.4138)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Hey all,

I took the positive (like) responses and made a word cloud. It’s not exactly perfect, and don’t worry, it won’t make its way into a powerpoint. I just thought it was kind of interesting.

I’ll make the dislike/negatives word cloud in a bit.

Hope you’re all having a good weekend!

Anyone else read: “Strategic… Zerging… Sometimes”? Bottom left.

Great by the way Grouch! And I’m sorry that I listed some ~8 negative things, but hey it’s better if we tell you what the game does wrong/lacks so you can change it/add it.
Good luck!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Like :

• Group fights
  • Roaming
  • Sieges

Dislike :

• Class balance
  • Hacking
  • PPT

in WvW

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

As promised, dislikes/areas of improvement! Same disclaimer as the previous post – word clouds remove context. I upped the max words in this image so the most oft repeated pop out a bit more.

Edit: Removed some frivolous words.

I can’t see immobilise in there, can anyone see immobilise? I’m panicking that they haven’t picked up on immobilise!!!! WHERE IS IMMOBILISE!!!!!

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Josh! Its kitten awesome! its perfectly shows what we like and dislike. we like the freedom, the 3 levels of battle, zerg, roamer teams and solo gameplay, open fields
dislikes: arrow carts, reward, pve, no updates, no new maps…
i hope u show it to your bosses and mates

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

my likes

1. spending an hour quietly setting up defenses in a tower, having both other servers make a push resulting in us losing everything except that tower, turning the tide through a strong defense and pushing back out to take the map back. that moment the momentum comes to a halt and switches directions is infinitely satisfying.

2. tracking enemy movements and even numbers just through reading the map, and having a team move in to intercept on the way to their next target.

3. working with a small handful of people, and always being one step ahead of enemy zergs.

i have a lot of dislikes, but i’ll try to limit it to just the top 3

1. the WXP train incentive system. strategic play gets next to nothing. forming a blob and running clockwise gets a small fortune. it’s really not very hard to see which one the majority of players would rather spend their time doing.

2. the actual layout of the maps. EB isn’t quite as bad, but the borderlands layout accounts for quite a few of overall problems with the gameplay. the most valuable areas are basically nextdoor neighbors, and the towers meant to help protect them are behind them. it’s just set up completely backwards. with everything so close and convenient, there’s no reason to ever break off of the blob, you can run to anywhere you need to be in a matter of seconds. areas take forever to upgrade, but only a minute or two to flip. even a fully upgraded keep can be flipped before the waypoint opens up.

3. the complete lack of support since launch. there are countless severe bugs, glitches and exploits roaming around WvW right now. hack and other cheats seem to go unpunished. we ask for recognition, we got an endless grind. We asked for WvW to not be a massive gold sink, we got a champ farming train plopped on top of us. We asked for more incentive to play defense, we got arrow carts of ultimate destruction, then rams of gate shredding. there’s a large portion of the playerbase that are, in essence, beaten dogs. some are feral and growling, some whimpering, and some are dead in the corner. it’s not an easy job to walk into. good luck Josh.

was about to type my own but saw this and completely agree with everything said above!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokinBuda.1398

SmokinBuda.1398

1.The synergy between classes,some bringing fields,some bringing blasts.
2.The introduction of “Guard Killer” and “Defence against Guards” buffs
3.Large scale battles,even though we need more tools for small organized groups to take on a mindless zerg.

Hates:
1.Overpowered siege and being 2 shot by thiefs in my insane defensive setup.
2.Staff eles ridiculous low HP pool and lack of defensive tools..(death shroud,stealth,clones as other casters have to hide behind)
3.Above all,I hate the lack of WvW focus from the devs,since its clearly here the game have its potential.

Snowblind the Elementalist of Cantankerous