WvW Update [Fan made]

WvW Update [Fan made]

in WvW

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

This is what i want to see in the near future as an WvW Update.
Info: Numbers and general ideas are not final!
Goals of the Update

• Make it possible for a new player to get competetive gear without the need of PvE.
    – See Merchant Update
  • Make it possible to get everything you need to make Tactics and Improvements without PvE.
    – See Scriber reward track.
  • Give old WvW player an reward.
    – See new achievement.
  • Make direkt reward for winning a skirmish and give people an incentive to play over long times.
    – See skirmish rewards.

WvW Reward Track

• Increased the maximum Points per tick to 200 from 195.
  • Added the Scriber Track.
    – Focuses on materials for Tactics and Improvements.
  • Commanders get 5% more Reward track points for each 20 player in there sqaud.

World vs World Achievements

• Added a Meta-achievement to the WvW section.
    WvW Veteran: 50 Ap.
    – Needs 12/16 WvW-achievements to be completed.
    – Reward: +15% Reward Track Enrichment Infusion.

WvW Merchant Rework

• Removed the old Armor and Weapon Merchants.
  • Added a new Armor , Weapon , Trinket and Upgrade Merchant to WvW.
    – They sell stat-selectable exotic Items for Badge of Honor and Proof of Heroics.
    – The Upgrade Merchant sells all runes and sigils that cant be sold on the Trading Post.

Skirmish Rewards

• Added a Reward for participating in a Skirmish.
    – Skirmish Buff : +10% WvW Exp , +10% Reward Track.
    – Stack up to 3 times.
    – Get applied after each Skirmish.
    – Get removed after leaving WvW for one hour.
  • Added a Skirmish Reward Chest to WvW.
    – Third Place gets 2
    – Second Place gets 3
    – First Place gets 4
  • A Skirmish Reward Chest contains :
    – 25 Badges of Honor
    – 1 Drop of Liquid World Experience
    – 1 Box of WvW Supplies
    – 1 Taste of Liquid Karma
    – 2 random Blueprints

General improvements

• Increased the maximal Squadsize to 70.
  • Removed the drop limit from Lords.
  • You can now see the Queue of your own map.
  • You can see now how many people are on each map.
    – Example : Eternal Battlegrounds 32/85 Player.
  • You can now see all friendly player on the map as a green dot.
  • Synthesizer loot gets automatically in your inventory after you capture an objekt.

Small Balance Update

• Warrior:
    – Arc Divider : Reduced Range to 350. Reduced Target Cap to 3.
  • Revenant:
    – Cruel Repercussion: Reduced the bonus damage to 10%. Reduced the cooldown to 5 seconds.
  • Necro:
    – Deathy chill: Reduced the bleed stacks to 2.
    – Epidemic: Reduced range to 500 and radius to 300. Number of targets 3.
  • Conditions:
    – Immobile is now uneffected by condition duration.

Info 2. : I dont have more time right know to finish everything , so i will finish it later.

(edited by DanAlcedo.3281)

WvW Update [Fan made]

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I like pretty much most of what you have posted except for the skirmish rewards. Rewarding the better scoring party seems fair and right except that it might make people flock to stronger servers with better coverage etc. and make the current imbalance even worse.

Continue updating though – all of the rest looks great!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

WvW Update [Fan made]

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Add flax fibers to a reward tracks, they’re the main source for all our upgrades and non existant in wvw. Unless you are VERY lucky to get it from a synthesizer.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

WvW Update [Fan made]

in WvW

DanAlcedo.3281

I like pretty much most of what you have posted except for the skirmish rewards. Rewarding the better scoring party seems fair and right except that it might make people flock to stronger servers with better coverage etc. and make the current imbalance even worse.

Continue updating though – all of the rest looks great!

Yes i know.
I didnt want to add too high of a reward to it. I mean at this moment we would get some karma ( allmost worthless) , wvw exp ( not much) and some extra random stuff.

Maybe i could lower the reward a bit, but i really like the idea of given out the WvW Supply Boxes.

WvW Update [Fan made]

in WvW

DanAlcedo.3281

Add flax fibers to a reward tracks, they’re the main source for all our upgrades and non existant in wvw. Unless you are VERY lucky to get it from a synthesizer.

The scriber reward track would include this.
This is to make sure that a guild dont need to go into PvE for something that is only usefull in WvW.

I want to make sure that you can play wvw without ever the need to farm gold or even set a food into pve.

WvW Update [Fan made]

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

This post = More loot, more XP, nerf things lemmings hate.

Rewards are nice but they don’t fix or even improve WvW. The players who hold the mode together aren’t going to stick around for more greens and blues.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

WvW Update [Fan made]

in WvW

DanAlcedo.3281

Rewards are nice but they don’t fix or even improve WvW. The players who hold the mode together aren’t going to stick around for more greens and blues.

Thing is. All this stuff is easy to implement. Which was the main goal here.
Sure , its not what will safe WvW , but getting something is better then getting nothing.

What do you want to see?

WvW Update [Fan made]

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Thing is. All this stuff is easy to implement. Which was the main goal here.
Sure , its not what will safe WvW , but getting something is better then getting nothing.

What do you want to see?

Look. I like your ideas. But let’ snot let Anet get sidetracked here. It is my personal opinion that they should be working on the bigger issues. Sure it might be easy to implement these changes as you say. But it then decreases the chances of the bigger issues being resolved. Just my two cents for what it is worth.

WvW Update [Fan made]

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Zerg commanders getting bonus points is ridiculous.

Zergs already get much more XP and loot compared to smaller parties, no need to give every roamer and havoc the middle finger even harder. Your commander change basicly says that a 10 man party is worthless.

If you want to give commanders bonus wxp, remind them to pick up the guild boost or something. Everyone forget it anyway.

WvW Update [Fan made]

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

When Anet works on bigger issues, they ignore us for months and then release an update that largely fails to fix the issues they were working on.

When they work on small changes, the game noticeably improves. Allowing team chat to go to all maps is one of the best changes they’ve ever done, imo.